View Poll Results: Do You Tan In The Summer?
Yes!! I Always Go Swimming 0 0%
Yes!! I love To Bake On The Beach!! 3 33.33%
No. I only Burn.Wish I Tanned 2 22.22%
I Only Use Self-Tanners 1 11.11%
I Only Use Tanning Beds 1 11.11%
I Avoid The Sun! 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #16  

Dee-Please be careful!! Why are you walking if you feel so bad? You NEED to relax a bit! Your heart can't take all this!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:15 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Shelley: Self tanners have came a long way from the day of putting on, then running around naked for 3 hours! There are alot of good ones out on the market that can be purchased at a Walmart.

Dee: DOCTORS!!! YEEKS!!!! The only time I go is if I'm REALLY super sick or pregnate. Hopefully neither will happen anytime soon!

Sher: how you feeling today? Did you get the deal from the my family site, saying that it will be a pay site now? Good thing we never went ahead and got that one started.

RAMONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Carol: Thank you for the boost. I think you should become our "offical thread cheerleader"

Jeanne: The trip sounds like all of you will have a blast! I hope you do, then come home and report in to us!

We are having another birthday soon!!!!! Guess who??????!!!

Well, our little miniature dachshund was hit yesterday by a car, we are pretty sure she died instantly. She was 2 years old and weighed a total of 7 pounds. Luckly, Allison wasn't outside at the time to see it happen. The little turkey had a habit of chasing birds. She would see one, and off she would run. All of the yelling in the world would not stop her when she was on her mission. I went out to check the mail and she slipped thru the door, I didn't realize it and left her outside... we found her later. So I guess it's my fault... just wanted to share with you guys.

Well, I guess I need to go, I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:59 AM   #18  

Oh Gayle, I'm so sorry! It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for it. My thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #19  

I have a LOT of catching up to do, so this is just gonna be a quick "HI" to let y'all know I'm still alive.

Debbie--don't let that lb. getcha down! One of the joys of being a woman is the fluctuation!

Cheryl
Old 06-18-2003, 12:19 PM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry about your pup, Gayle.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:45 PM   #21  

I'm back. My granddaughter & I spent the weekend with relatives in Southern Illinois & Western Kentucky. It was tempting to go on to Nashville, but we ran out of time.

Gayle, sorry about the "baby".

Debbie & Sherry: it looks like I'll be in Nashville July 29. I'm going to a ballgame in St. Louis on the 28th & then go to my cousin's in Paducah. The next morning I need to take care of some business in Massac County which may take 10 minutes or hours. We were at my parents' grave Saturday and it was under water. I talked with the caretaker yesterday, but we're going to have a heart-to-heart when I get down there if it's not fixed. Dad wanted to be by the lake, but don't think he really wanted in it!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #22  

Gayle that is so sad about your puppy. I know that you blame yourself but it isn't your fault. When we lost our dog, she was 13 and it was like losing a family member. Sending hugs to you and your family.

Shelley I am an exercise freak, I have to walk or bike but that is about all I do. It exhausts me and I am just to hot.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:01 PM   #23  

I'm here everyone, sorry to worry you. I just have a lot on my mind right now.

Gayle, I am so, so sorry about your puppy. Losing a pet is a very difficult thing, but please don't beat yourself up over it.

Sherry, Debbie, and Jeanne.....I see sand and surf in your future! I know you all must be excited about your upcoming trips. Have fun and worry about the scale when you get back. Vacations are for having a good time, not worrying about what you eat!

Titan Dee, it sounds like you are one busy lady. I hope you get the problem with the cemetary taken care of ASAP.

Dee, you better take care of yourself girl. Have you spoken with the Dr. this week? You should be feeling better by now, so keep an eye on those symptoms.

Shelley, Jennelle, Cheryl, Doni, Carol, Vicki, I hope you are all having a good week and enjoying the summer.

Dan went to the Dr. on the post and didn't really get any answers. He now has a place on his other foot that is almost as bad. For those of you who don't know, the Army's version of treating a patient is to give them some advil and send them home. They did actually give him antibiotics, but he is in the field for the next 7 days and won't be able to wash his feet which really stinks(no pun intended)! If he gets worse, I know his Lt. will call the medics. He is a pretty good guy.

I'll be back later!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:51 PM   #24  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, Ramona....I know how you feel about military medicine! My husband injured his knee in a command volleyball game. He went up for a spike, felt something snap, and dislocated his kneecap when he came down. He went to the ER on base, and they took some x-rays and told him he'd overstretched the muscles that hold the kneecap in place. He went to physical therapy for six months, and it didn't help. He had one medic accuse him of faking it so he wouldn't have to run the fitness test! Anyhow, after a year (and after running his test on it) an orthopedic surgeon told him he'd torn his ACL and need surgery!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:52 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Okay girls, if ever there was a time I needed your support and understanding, it would be now. As several of you know, I have been in a "funk" thinking that I am worthless as a stay at home mom. I have no official title, I am boring and basically I have you guys to fullfill the empty space in my life. Tonight Steve and I talked. First off, I'm feeling guilty about our dog getting killed. She slipped out with me and I didn't notice. Secondly, I'm feeling like a fat pig. We have a special event in another town next week and I really wanted to lose weight for it. (well, apparently not enough, because I didn't) Steve is a kind hearted person, but he basically spoke the truth. He said he can guege (sp?) my butt size by my attitude, meaning that over the course of the past few months, my attitude stinks and I could care less about my weight. In all honest, he is correct. Now, I have to face up to the fact that I'm a size 14 going into the world of tiny 6's and under next week. I'm not asking for a miracle and I know I am the only one to blame, but how should I cope? I even told Steve tonight that I didn't want to go, but it's for business, and I'm scheduled in. Sadly, I remember the day when men @@@@gled me, but this no longer happens... I'm sorry for dumping all of this on you, but basically I am tired of living a big fat lie to you guys. I need to get fit and healthy for me. And the only way I'm going to do that is to stay OP 100%.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:26 AM   #26  

Gayle-First of all, do NOT feel guilty about the dog!! I firmly believe that when we die, it is our time to go. It was your dog's time.
I say go to the party with your head held high. You are a beautiful person inside and out!! As far as staying OP, the only way that I can (which I'm not right now) is to journal. Write down everything you put in your mouth everyday, whether it is what you are supposed to eat or not. When I do it, it keeps me completely OP. According to many people on WW, journaling is the biggest key to weight loss. You have already started your road to recovery since you have admitted the way you feel. Today, go out and walk at least 1 mile--even if it is very slow, and around your house! Stop and smell the flowers if you need to. Start drinking water also. Water will flush loads of impurities out of your body (do as I say, not as I do! I haven't been drinking my water!)

Gayle, you are a beautiful person, full of humor and love!! You have become a wonderful friend to me. YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:06 AM   #27  
Carol

Gayle: OMG, I will kill to be able to fit into a size 14!!!

Please don't be so hard on yourself. You are a wonderful person. You can't believe that even as a working person, I go through periods of feeling like I am the most boring worthless person in the world. I never go anywhere or do anything.. so what is the sense of getting up in the morning. They have a name for this!! DEPRESSION!!

So you see.. you are just going through a phase and I am sure it will pass.

I am with Shelley. Get out and walk, drink water and journal. These are the best remedies for a lot of what you are going through. Believe me, just moving out in the sunshine will help the depression, plus you get the bonus of exercise.

I love you girl!! Now get moving!!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Carol
Old 06-19-2003, 09:21 AM   #28  

Gayle, Gayle, Gayle, my size 14 sister.....come lay your head on my shoulder and we'll have a good cry. THEN, we'll get our size 14 butts up, look in the mirror, and realize what great, strong, beautiful women we are.
Sometimes it takes hitting bottom to start pulling yourself back up. You should go to the event next week and like Shelley and Carol said, hold your head up and be proud of who you are. You are a terrific mother, a loving, supportive wife, and a sexy woman! Have you gone through with the new haircut? If not, go do it. A change like that can do wonders for your attitude and give you a fresh start and new motivation. You are NOT a number on a scale. You ARE the wonderful, beautiful person that we all know and love.
Please e-mail me your e-mail address. I received a forward this morning I would like to send to you. I know it really hit me when I read it and made me stop and reprioratize things in my life.
We're all here for you, so don't give up. We love you!

my e-mail is [email protected]
Old 06-19-2003, 11:01 AM   #29  

Gayle size 14 is not big. It is the average size of americans. I know that you have been smaller and that is why you feel so big now. Now that you have said all this just get back to the way you lost the weight before. Try the three day diet if you want to give you a kick start. I love you no matter what size you are and you need to love yourself too.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:18 AM   #30  

Oh Dear Sweet Gayle......I KNOW exactly how you feel!!!!! Let's have a pity party!!

(I'm bending over for a big *** kick as I type this! )

As a moderator, I know that I should be here for good times and bad times and I'm feeling ashamed as I post this because I've been so quilty this week by not posting much!

The truth is I've done so well since March 17th staying OP BUT.... this week, I totally LOST IT!!!! I have been eating everything in site and my walking hasn't been up to par either. I have beat myself up so bad I guess I was thinking that it would all just go away. I feel like you Gayle, I feel fat, ugly, very depressed and not very happy this week. I think what got to me was that I was trying so hard and when I saw that I was stuck on the 20 lb. mark and not going anywhere, I just simply gave up!

I KNOW that with the suport of these wonderful friends, We WILL make a comeback and get right back to being OP! I didn't want to go to the beach looking like a whale, but like Debbie said, we will have fun no matter what size we are.

Gayle & I will make a comeback!!! Thank you all for being my friend and understanding.

Gayle......I love you!! Now let's try harder (Again!)
Closed Thread