Old 07-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all. With Susan and Maggie not coming in here anymore, it feels like an echo. It is sad that their computers seem to put up stop signs as I haven't had any issues at all and my malware program and my virus program run constantly in the background. They also run a full scan once a week. Weird...

Today may be a lazy day for me pretty much. Fortune was all over the place and wanted outside about every hour last night. He is of course sound asleep now that I am up and around. Good thing is he is back to eating everyday. It isn't as much as I would hope, but eating even one can is better than not eating at all.

I am going to buy some new bras when I get done here to take on vacation. It is about time for them again. Tomorrow I order dresses, tshirts/tops, and capris, etc. I also pay for the last excursion.

Jean: I am posting a picture since we were talking about tractors a few posts ago. This picture is of my hometown and it is the 4th of July parade they have every year. We have very advanced parades. One of Indiana's state roads runs right through town and they are riding on State road 23. The building to the left is the North Liberty Methodist Church and sits at a point on the south side of down town. Right behind it in the white building is the volunteer fire department. If you travel south on this road about half a mile and turn right, it would be the street I grew up on. Brother, I reread what I wrote about Alicia and it made it sound like I sent her a picture for her birthday. When Jack and Jay went to the Cubs game, they got their picture taken in the bleacher seats. I ordered 2 8 x 10's one each for Jack and Jay and a smaller one for Jackson to put on his bureau in his room. I bought an acryllic frame for it and put it in it. For her birthday, I bought Pandora style beads, spacers and such and made her a bracelet all in red. It has a little oval right in the center of the bracelet with a picture of Jackson and Jay in it together then the spacers and dangles and such are all different kinds of hearts. She admired the one I made for my girlfriend so I hope she likes this. She is darker olive skinned so I thought red would look good on her.

Well, bill paying day and off to do some online shopping. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nlparade.jpg (25.9 KB, 7 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon! It's hot, hot, hot in my corner of the world today. There is a breeze but it doesn't help much. I just finished making a pan of brownies for Bob to take fishing. We have a meeting at church tonight but think he plans to leave for the cabin, where his two brothers are, afterwards so he can sleep an hour longer in the morning. He'd skip the meeting but there is some drama going on and another committee member called him for backup tonight. Bob's two brothers, Bob, and Jason all graduated from the same college in Sioux City. Jason thought Bob had an alumni t-shirt and bought two for the brothers and himself, wanting to all wear them out for supper one night. If Bob has one we couldn't find it so thus a fast trip to Sioux City this morning.

"Gma" -- What brand of bras do you buy? I've worn Playtex for years and they quit making the style I bought. Our 4th parade has a lot of tractors and old cars in it too. Since we go to the lake we've missed out the last few years. Bob has been in it a few times, pulling floats with his tractor. Thanks for sharing the picture; I found the church especially interesting. I'm sure Alicia will be tickled with her bracelet; it sounds very pretty. I love red!

I need to double check Bob's packing list and think about something quick for supper. Hope you enjoy a relaxing evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #18  

Good evening, ladies! It was 99 degrees today with high humidity. Ugh!

My antivirus says the site is now safe so I'll try it again.

My life has been pretty boring. I had Applique last night and tomorrow night is lock-in but it's almost too hot to go out. Of course, I've still ben working out and have added Tai Chi and next week I'll be giving Senior Power a try - heavy lifting. I'll have to cut out one of my yoga classes to do that. The water in the pool has sure felt good, though.

Faye, I'm sure those pictures will be cherished. I like Duck Dynasty, too. I see Honey Boo-boo is back on again. That is one disgusting show!

Jean, that lunch sounded very good and it would have been perfectly adequate for me without the bread. I suppose they thought they should have a big old calorie laden dessert.

Have a great day tomorrow.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #19  

Good morning to you all. We had a nice thunderstorm last night that dropped a good amount of rain. It cooled things off, but the humidity afterwards was 94% and stayed that way.

As of this morning, I have lost 52 lbs since the beginning of the year. I have 6 lbs to get to my cruise goal and still have 12 weeks.

Quiet day today, but tomorrow is busy. I have to take Fortune to the vet to get his heartworm shot, then take him to be groomed and in the afternoon I have a hair appt. I screwed up and made it for today at 2 PM and of course can't go so she worked me in tomorrow as the last appt. I told her I would just rebooked, but she said no to come in since I am in there all the time. I may be late getting home because she cuts hair really slowly.

I paid for our last excursion last night and bought $400 worth of cruise clothing! I ordered my three dresses, 4 tops, and a pair of pink seersucker pants. I love seersucker and have a cute white top which will go perfect with them. I also bought a pair of capris at Target and two bras and two pairs of shorts at Walmart. I still need to get a couple new nightgowns, get jack undies and socks then I am done with clothing to buy. One more thing I can scratch off the list.

Jean: I buy either the regular Playtex 18 hr bra or one that is similar Just My Size. I got the JMS this time as it was cheaper. Hope Bob got off ok at a decent hour for his fishing. I am sure it will be a lot of fun being with his brothers and son. Are you doing anything with the girls this weekend or just relaxing at home??? Hope the church drama didn't last too long. We used to have humdingers sometimes that would be long and drawn out. The church in our hometown sits right at the point of three ways. There is a state road that runs perpendicular to state road 23 and the church splits 23 and a road called New Road. It has been there as long as I have been alive and beyond. In fact, I went to a private kindergarten in the basement of that church. In fact, I posted a picture of our kindergarten class. I was one of the tallest kids so I am smack dab in the middle of the top row in a plaid dress. That was back in the day you wore dresses to school, period. Funny thing the boy on my left was the kid I walked down the aisle with at graduation, again because they put us together by tallness.

Susan: Oh Susan, it is great to see you able to get back in here and still be assured your computer is ok. Weird how all that was for sure. Sounds like you have been busy as usual, more with your exercise than with your quilting and such. They say on the commercial that Honey BooBoo is a smash hit. That sure tells you what kind of brains we have in this country. It is trailer trash redneck all the way. I mean these new "smell" episodes, what value is watching that stuff. I got tickled on the DD episode where Willie took his daughter and Uncle Si dress shopping.

Well girls, nothing accomplished fooling around and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Have a great weekend. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 226211_1783007254075_1206283328_31622485_807274_n.jpg (32.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! It's another hot humid day in my neighborhood. It's supposed to cool down into the 80s over the weekend. There is a 20% chance of rain a couple days but we don't usually get anything at 20%. I ran a couple errands this morning and have been putzing the rest of the time away. Every time I sit down Sonnybub wants on my lap; I love him but would like to read or be on my iPad in peace.

Susan -- I'm so glad you could get in here with no problem. Your weather sounds just like mine. All of your exercise makes me tired just to read about it. I wish we had a "Y" that offered different classes as well as a pool. We do have a fitness center, actually two. One is connected to the hospital, in name only, and it seems that all the skinny minnies go there. The other is open 24/7 and the local athletes go there. The college has a pool which is open to the public when the spirit moves them to do so. Have fun at the lock-in!

"Gma" -- on the 52#s that are gone forever! That is a lot! Beth posted a picture of her dog's (Fred) leg on FB last night. It looked like a round hole of some sort. He had gone from limping to not using it at all and it was swelling. Of course it was 10:00 pm and she had a call in to her vet when I called her. It had been an hour and I told her to either call him back or try another vet. She finally got to talk to a "new" vet who told her to give Fred Benadryl since he was keeping food and water down. The vet wanted to check him this morning, and it was infected so is on an antibiotic and pain pill. Beth really liked the vet so now Fred has a new doctor. The vet did say if he keeps licking it they will put a cone collar on him. Beth said it looks like a bb hole, but the vet said it could be a bite of some sort or Fred could have run into a tree branch or something similar. I can do without that excitement that late at night! The church drama is ongoing unfortunately. Part of it involves the secretary and because I help out in the office I've been dragged into it.

I have a load of laundry to get downstairs so better get a move on. I hope to have several boxes ready for the Good Will and SOS store when Bob gets home. Have a great rest of the day!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #21  

Good morning to you all. Quick post as I have to get upstairs and shower and dress to take Fortune to the vets for his heartworm shot this AM then on to the groomers.

Poor Jack woke up last night with his knees hurting him a lot and had to take some Advil and try to go back to sleep. I felt so sorry for him as he must have really been hurting to take meds and his was barely able to walk. He doesn't have near enough sick time built up to have that knee replaced so he just has to deal with it. He says the cortizone shots hurt worse than the pain so he refuses to have those.

Alicia got her bracelet last night and loved it. I was so glad she did as I wasn't 100% sure she would like a pandora style bracelet, but she had admired my friend Vicki's so I thought I would give it a shot. Guess she has a full weekend of cookouts and dinner outs for her bday.

I was complaining last night about how bad my hair looks and that when she cut it today it would be really horrible color wise. I told Jack I would look like a pink, red and white skunk and he said skunks were only black and white. Funny man! He then said, "Just keep thinking about how nice it will look when she colors it before the cruise." He has a point, but to get there I have to put up with this hot mess on my head for another 12 weeks!!

Jean: Poor Fred and poor Beth. He very well may have been bitten by a spider. My niece got a spider bite that swelled up with a hole kind of thing in the center and got so bad she had to have it operated on and spent 3 days in the hospital. Hopefully Fred's meds (I'm a poet and don't know it ) will get him all better. Fortune is out of his arthritis meds and I can sure tell because he kind of waddles when he walks and refuses to jump up on furniture to sit with us and such. One of the nice things about our vet is he lives in the apartment over the clinic and from what the girls say at the office he comes down in the night and checks on everyone. Fortune is the same way and drives me nuts sometimes. I love him too, but having him lay on his own bed once in awhile would be nice. I guess I make a nice comfy pillow to lay on. Last night I had put my legs up in our old computer chair and he climbed in between my legs and when I made him get down he had peed while lying down and I had to shampoo the chair and wash my legs. I guess it comes with his age and we will just have to deal with things like that from time to time now.

Well gotta run and get a shower. Have a great weekend. We have commissary tomorrow and a "date" tomorrow afternoon to go see Red 2. I have been looking forward to it as I enjoyed the first one so much. Faye
Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #22  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful sunny, COOL 64 degrees in my corner of the world this morning. The weatherman said a "cold front" was moving in and it did! I had to laugh at the "cold" part of the forecast because a cold front to us is anything below 0. I have lots of things I could do today, it's just deciding what to do first. I noticed dust bunnies in the bedroom when I changed the sheets this morning so guess I will start there.

"Gma" -- It sounds like your have a busy morning. I hope Jack's knee feels better. Could you do a hair color at home yourself? I've never done it but know there are lots of products to choose from. When I talked to Beth last night she said Fred was almost back to acting like his normal self. She put the collar on him for a FB picture and he looks so sad and embarrassed. If they are home he doesn't wear it but she puts it on him when they are gone, just in case. Her previous vet did call the next morning, leaving a message saying he had an emergency so that's why he didn't call her back. She ignored the first 3 calls from his office, and then called and told the receptionist to transfer Fred's records to the new vet. There's a movie I want to see and now can't remember the name. I did see it listed as coming to the local theater so will have to look for it again. We don't go to the movies very often.

I am dressed but need to put my face on so I won't scare somebody if they would come to the door. Hope you enjoy a relaxing day and do something nice for yourselves.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #23  

Found the movie . . . The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. It's rated R, for language, but is a comedy. I like SB and we saw MM in Identity Theft. she was a hoot.

Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! The day started out cloudy and a cool 65 degrees. We had a thunderstorm roll through and it left .43" of rain according to our gauge. We need more rain as the crops are really dry. The sun has been in and out, humidity is back up, and Weather Bug says it is 87 now. I went to church and stayed for the farewell coffee for the couple moving to Sioux Falls. Everyone wanted to know where Bob was; he is missed when he's not there. I've been sorting through magazines and have done a kitchen cupboard. I'm putting off digging in our bedroom and I know it's not going to go away.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. I'm off to finish the Sunday paper.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #25  

Good evening, ladies! A thunderstorm has been rolling in so this will have to be short.

I was booted out of this site 3 times just trying to get here to leave my message. I'll be running a full scan as soon as the storm is done. Be very careful - the fact your antivirus is catching anything doesn't mean you are safe, yours could have different settings and not be as sensitive as Maggie and I.

Just did laundry and cleaned house today after church. I have a London Broil with carrots and tunips in the oven for dinner. It's smelling good! k

Jean, I went to see the Heat with my friend and I sure laughed but Melissa McCarthy really has a bad potty mouth in this one.

Faye, I hope Jack's knees are feeling better. Skunk hair - your might start a new trend.

Just saw lightening and its getting close so have a lovely evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #26  

Good morning girls! It is coming down in torrents but we need it so much. One thing though is I have the tv on and the satellite keeps going in and out and everytime it is out then comes back on it startles me.

I weighed in today and am down another two lbs! I think one of the good things is the probiotic and the yogurt everyday. It keeps my colon in good shape and less blockage or whatever you want to call it. I know I sure don't miss the female stuff. It's been 5 weeks and no problems, which is super duper.

We got the shopping done and all the errands except I had Fortune get his heartworm shot before his grooming so they wouldn't groom him. I guess they have a 2 day delay when a dog has a shot of any kind so had to rebook for this coming Saturday. He sure needs a bath and cut and I can't even bathe him here at home as I can't get down on my knees at the tub anymore. It just hurts too much even with towels under my knees. He was sick again from Saturday night through yesterday morning with diahrrea and I think because he has just gotten over being sick and had a reaction to the shot as he had a bowel movement over night that was back to solid. Thank goodness because I am just anxiety ridden right now with everything going on and getting ready for the cruise and such.

We had a big issue at the commissary yesterday which didn't help either. We were shopping and I noticed they had one checkout open. The store was full of people so I knew we were in for trouble. We were in the store 45 minutes and we lined up and the line went clear to the back of the store. They kept just one checkout until people started complaining all over the place then we heard someone over the PA asking for all the cashiers to come forward. WHAT!!!!! When we finally got out of there they had 5 checkers. Now why did they make us all wait in line when all of them had their lazy behinds smoking and screwing around instead of working. On top of that, they have changed directors and they only have the old email online. I don't call on the phone because I lose my temper to easily. Even Jack, who handles stuff better than I was really mad. He told me on the way home he shouldn't have gotten worked up as it does no good and he's right, it doesn't. They don't care about customer service as they could care less whether we are happy or not. This is non profit not like regular grocery stores.

Jean: I guess I didn't explain very well. During my last haircut, I talked to the receptionist about getting my hair colored by my stylist right before vacation in October. She had me talk to the stylist and I found out that when you color your hair with box color at home, this color really hangs onto the hair. When you have it colored professionally, they bleach the hair first to remove any previous color and ask you not color you hair with a box until you have it done, because it is really hard to remove box color from the hair. So I need to not color it until October and it has grown out and the color remaining goes from darker at the ends to almost pink closer to the scalp. Since a haircut and color is around $150, I want the color to be the best it can be. Oooh, I would like some cool weather.

Susan: I can't wait to have her color my hair. She is all excited too. If I really like it, I might have it colored every other time I have it cut as I can't afford $150 plus tip every time I get my hair cut. Your dinner sounded yummy. We are having ham steak and veggies and rice tonight.

Well girls, I the tv has zoned out again so I may give it up and just read inbetween getting chores done. I just have to run the vacuum and dust up a bit then I am done. Have a good start to the week all. Faye
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #27  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful morning here, but the humidity is "up" and the temperatures are supposed to be back in the 90s by this afternoon. We didn't have much to count this morning so had the deposit ready before the bank opened. The gift shop money is ready to deposit when I finish here. The railroad guys are working on tracks located on the main street into town. It's only supposed to be closed for a week but there are no "detour" signs for those that have no clue where to go. Momma cat was here with four kittens this morning. The littlest guy hasn't been around for several days so I'm wondering if he's lost or just didn't make it.

Susan -- I ran a scan as soon as I finished here yesterday and it was "clean." The movie is playing here right now so I'm hoping to see it this week. I usually can't remember a movie name let alone who stars in it. When I see something advertised on tv, I try to jot the name down because it's usually a long time before it ever gets here.

"Gma" -- on another 2#s gone! Your commissary trips are cetainly a test for patience. I'm afraid I wouldn't be very nice at the check-out after waiting in line for so long. It's too bad you can't find someone to dogsit Fortune in your house while you are gone. Have you had this same gal color your hair before? Is she doing a new color for you?

I wonder if the Royal baby will be born today. Exciting, but I feel sorry for Kate being in the limelight right now. I need to head to the bank. Bob will be home early evening so need to do some serious vacuuming and decluttering first. Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #28  

It's a two umbrella day this morning. I forgot to ask Jack to unlock the gate for deliveries, got all wet doing it myself then checked the shipping and they changed the date until tomorrow so I got soaked for nothing! That's ok, we really need the rain.

Fortune is here laying right next to the chair waiting for me to get up and go sit in the recliner. At the moment he isn't having any issues. I did keep him on a second day of rice, egg, and pumpkin just to make sure his tummy is ok. He threw up on the deck last night but it was bile. We just do this one day at a time now I guess. He gets groomed Saturday so I am sure that will make him feel better as he really needs it.

My knees are killing me this morning, probably from the rain. I don't know how much is going to get done, but at least daily chores have to get done. I started taking Bioflex to see if that helped any, but for today I imagine I will roll icy hot on them.

Jean: I have contacted several petsitters in the area and they won't sit in our part of town. It's ok, sometimes he is just going to have to deal with kenneling. I would prefer him to go to the vets as that way is something bad happens he is right there to be fixed or whatever. As old as he is and with the trouble he has been having, on top of us being out of communication, I am going to give them signed permission on what to do if he would pass away. He likes the staff so he will be ok. They are putting him in the treatment area, which is away from all the kenneled dogs. We ended up not going to the movies, maybe we'll try this weekend. Jack ended up needing some more cruise clothing so we did shopping instead because Penney's had a big sale. We got 2 prs of shorts and a button down tshirt for retail $65 and we paid $34. Everything in that store was on sale big time. They still must be struggling a lot.

Well time to get work done I guess. Have a good Tuesday. Faye
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood -- sunny, a slight breeze, and 75 degrees. It's been a lazy day after making a grocery run this morning. I did do a couple loads of clothes; now I need to get the fishing clothes back out in the garage closet.

"Gma" -- A friend just called to tell me there is a BIG virus on FB! Her computer had to go in for repairs and that's the first thing the tech asked, if she had been on FB. I wish you could send some rain our way. The gal who comes to check on and feed the cats used to work at our vet's office. I called them after Mom had her stroke because I was worried something might happen when we were gone. My "sister's" dog won't eat at Critter Camp so they leave him with her daughter who has a much younger dog. Barney sleeps for a week after they've been together. Hope your knees are feeling better. Did you happen to look for the Australian Cream? I just saw it advertised on tv again.

I need to keep moving. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! It's been a beautiful day in my neighborhood, sunny and cool again. It was my morning to work in the gift shop and I even sold a few things! The coffee shop was busy for the first hour and then just a couple of people over the noon hour -- Bob and I! I'm working again tomorrow morning for another gal. When I turned the tv on this morning there was no picture and a funny sound like a motor was trying to start. Bob stopped at the store where we bought it and, of course, they can't tell what's wrong until they come to look at it, but he's guessing it needs a new light bulb to the tune of big bucks. We've had it 7 years and it's on most of the day when I'm home so I suppose it's time to think about replacing it.

Hope you all enjoy the evening!