3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks Juggling Through July

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #76
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

We've got some activities planned for today so no computer time for me. Just wanted to say hi for now. Back later (I hope). Happy Hump Day
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #77
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ceejay - My dad was 11 years older than my step-mom, and they had a wonderful 35 years of marriage. Several years after my dad died, my step-mom started dating this very nice man who is 12 years older than her. She's now 75 and he's 87, and they've been together for roughly 5 years. I don't think 13 years is too much of a difference. If they're happy and they both want the same things out of the relationship, more power to them. I think it depends on the person's attitude. For example, I feel I am a very "young" 50, since most of the time I still feel (and probably act) as if I were in my 30s. I'd be willing to date a guy who was in his late 30s if he knew who he was and had his act together, and I'd be willing to date a man in his early 60s (maybe) if he were a "young" 60. Does that make sense? As for your friend wanting separate rooms, if she's clear and upfront with him about that and he's okay with that, then cool. Annie could be right though, he might either be looking for sex or money, or he could legitimately care about her. Either way, your friend should be honest with herself (and with him) about what she wants and what she's willing to "give". I'm sending prayers and sympathies to your co-worker. Hang in there with the overtime.

Mel - My step-mom, step-brother and I often eat together. Last night, we didn't because my step-mom was going out and I wasn't feeling well. Actually, the power outage was the entire street. We think it had something to do with some repair work going on in the house next door.

Happy - have a great day full of activities!

Must get back to work.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #78
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Not much going on here, trying to get a 1000 piece mailing out the door by Monday. Rates to the docs and hosps are going up. You know what that means for us peons....Letters all have to go out certified, what a PIA this has been.

Getting H*llish thunder boomers at the moment. Skies are dark, it is very hot and muggy and windy outside. Looks like a good day for the wicked witch of the west. Oh wait is that monkey flying by? lol

MELLIE...Internet is wacky here too. Been trying all day to get into Amazon. It keeps breaking the connection, must be Amazon.

HAPPY...you have been a busy beaver lately. Slow down for a minute and breathe.

CEEG...you just never know what the man future holds for you once you are in MO. Expect little, gain a lot.

CHELLE...I understand your philosophy on the age/men thing. I just know it didn't work for me, but then again I bad an initial bad choice in the first place no matter the age difference. It was more about him being a cheating, beating a$$hole.

LAURA must be enjoying her time off. Good for you sister.

SHADDIE...has the crowd at your house gotten you tied to a chair or something?

Have a great day.

Loves

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #79
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Good luck with the mailing. Stay safe with the t-storms. Hopefully your weather doesn't get more severe.

Ceejay - Just wanted to say one more thing about the man future...a dear friend of the family was divorced for 35 years. She raised her kids as a single mom, had a wonderful successful career, and married a really terrific, and handsome guy last year. They met online a few years back. He's a lot of fun, they have a great life together, and he's a very down to earth millionaire. We just never know what life has in store for us. Best advice is stay true to yourself, go with the flow and be open to opportunities of all kinds.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #80

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Not tied to a chair, just hiding under the bed.

God gave us our families, thank god we can choose our friends.

Bah humbug.

Last edited by Shad : 07-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #81
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - Sorry the family is causing so many headaches and grief. At least try and enjoy S before DP1 turns her into a Kardashian.

My Mini Goals:
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #82

Good evening all.

Shad - Sorry to hear little S's tummy is having troubles, I hope things are better now in that respect. As for the rest of the family troubles...keep breathing deeply and telling yourself it's all temporary.

Michelle - Hope you're back up and running w/ the CPAP now. I did finally stitch my car seat cover just after I read your post, LOL. Wanted to accomplish something on my time off, LOL. I'll post a pic sometime. I'm not totally thrilled with it, but it'll serve it's purpose.

Annie - Good luck with that big mailing. Cobra, cougar, LOL.

Ceejay - Hope your OT isn't too demanding. I think 15 years could be a big difference if the mindsets aren't the same, as Michelle commented. Bf's brother is 13 years younger than his wife and he's immature for his age and she acts like an old lady, so the chasm seems very wide. They don't seem very happy together. Best wishes to your bff if it's a real match. How long has she known this man???

Mel - Glad you've had more quiet. Boo on Internet Explorer! Good Jen's pacing herself. Her wheels should be here soon, huh?

Hi Happy!!!
===
I had a 0.8 pound gain at WW yesterday morning. Could have been worse, given the way I've been eating. Back to routine and I should do alright. But I really need to get better with tracking every day, not just weekdays/workdays.

After the ww meeting I went to Tuesday Morning and bought NOTHING. Just wasn't in a shopping or buying mood. Same thing today - thought I might go to Sephora (cosmetics) and use my gift card, but nope, just wasn't in the mood.

Bf and I went to the movie yesterday late afternoon. The Heat was funny and entertaining. I have to say that I thought if Melissa McCarthy's character had been the way she was the first 15 min of the movie, it would have gotten old for me, but she wasn't, so I enjoyed both her and Sandra Bullock, especially together.

BF and I selected a couple paint colors for the bathroom and bought samples. They are rather close in shade, but both just look like I spread my foundation makeup all over the wall, LOL. One color is called Classic Taupe, the other Gobi Desert. Yes, very neutral, aka boring. But I figure we can have fun with the other stuff - towels, art, window treatment, etc.

Been a rather slothful day today. I did a lot of reading this morning, finished one book, started another. Painted swatches of the paint samples on the powder room walls in various spots. Went out to lunch (Red Lobster), walked doggy, finished my towel car seat cover. Feeling like should have done more fun stuff out and about with my time off, but I'm also okay with just having kicked back and relaxed for a few days. Also wished the weather would have been nicer. Naturally tomorrow will be gorgeous - cooler and less humid, sunny, no rain. Oh well, guess I can look forward to no weather-related commute problems tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to digging out of mt. e-mail. Going to Jazzercise after work.

That's all for me. Everyone have a great evening.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #83
Annie - Indiana

Smell like a Crawley: 'Downton Abbey' beauty products coming soon

Eun Kyung KimTODAY
  • FacebookShare on Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Pinterest
  • Email
22 hours ago
Materpiece, Marks & Spencer
What would Lady Mary Crawley wear? A collection of "Downton Abbey"-related beauty products, including lip gloss, will be sold beginning in October 2013.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #84
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

IT'S CJRISTMAS IN JULY ON THE HALLMARK CHANNEL.
ONE MOVIE EACH NIGHT AND THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND.
YOU KNOW WHERE MELLIE WILL BE FOR SURE!!!
THINKING OF TURNING THE ALARM CIRCUIT BREAKER OFF!!!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

NOTHING NEW HERE. MORE RAIN & MORE HEAT.
GOTTA LOVE THE SUMMER.
NOTHING NEW HERE.
TAKING A DAY FOR MYSELF AGAIN.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY....I THINK THE LOVE BUG BIT BOTH OF THEM
NICE TO HAVE YOUR FRIEND LIVE NEARBY WHEN HE MOVES.
WILL HE BE VERY NEAR YOUR SISTER??
YOU GUYS CAN RETIRE TOGETHER

HAPPY....HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE....I AM DREADING ANY POWER OUTAGES HERE.
GLAD YOU FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED....I WAS NOSY!!
I HAVE A FEW OLD MEN HERE THAT THINK THEY'RE STILL 60!!!
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PICK

ANNIE.....1000 CERTIFIED PIECES. YUCK!!
MORE MONEY BEING SQUEEZED OUT OF THE PEONS POCKETS
YOUR THUNDER BOOMERS WERE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE LAST NIGHT AND TODAY.

LAURA.....HOPE THE MOUNTAIN OF EMAIL ISN'T TOO BAD.
WILL TAKE YOU NEXT WEEK TO GET RID OF IT!!
I LOVE NEUTRAL WALLS. YOU CAN CHANGE THINGS AROUND A LOT.
I GOT AN EMAIL ABOUT DOWNTON ABBY.
THEY ARE ADDING A NEW MAN AS CORA'S BROTHER.
Paul Giamatti IS HIS NAME. I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF HIS.
PART OF ME IS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NEW SEASON.
MAYBE I WILL BE BY JANUARY

SHAD....MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU
THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #85
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE.....GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE....I JUST POSTED A NOTE TO LAURA ABOUT THE DA'S ADDITION OF A NEW AMERICAN ACTOR!!!
NOE I CAN BUY DA COSMETICS???? ROFLMAO

Last edited by MELODY525 : 07-11-2013 at 07:49 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #86
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets..

Well when I posted the thunder boomers coming through yesterday afternoon, little did I know that either straight line winds or a tornado was hitting the town of Peru, Indiana which is about 10 miles north of Cs parents. I saw that on the news this morning so I called C and told him to call his parents and make sure all were safe. He said that is why he loves me cause I care so much about him and his family. Well make me cry why don't cha. lol.

Ate a wee too much veggie quiche for brekkie and brought some of it back up this morning. Bleh, now my mouth tastes like poooooooo. Will have to be off to the toitie down the hall and brush thine teeth.

SHADDIE...I am wondering, is Sunday under the bed with you while the company is there? haha. You might consider building a treehouse for such occasions.

MELLIE...Yes you may buy DA cosmetics, but you have to wear a corset and cut your hair the same. ba hahaha Tally Ho!! Today is beautiful, no humidity and 80 degrees, we got all of our rain out yesterday. Amen...speaking of Amen, did you all see that Randy Travis is not doing too well??

LAURA...thank God it was only .08 gain and no 8.0 gain. There is your bright side. How much more do you want to lose? I may go see Heat this weekend. I was lazy while I was off for the four days around the 4th.

Hi ya Happy, Ceeg and Chelle!!

Loves

Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #87
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

I did an hour of aqua aerobics last night, which was good. Then had a protein shake for dinner. I wish aqua aerobics was offered more often than just Mondays and Wednesdays because I can get a really good workout without hurting my back very much. I've even checked other gym locations. I'll just do Zumba classes on the other days.

==================
Laura - A 0.8 lb gain isn't too bad given it was your b'day weekend. Good for you for getting back on track. Glad to hear "The Heat" was a good movie. I want to see that one. Too funny about your description of the bathroom paint colors! Neutral colors are really good because it's easier to change the other stuff around to jazz things up...especially since you're so good at sewing...do you make window treatments? I hope you're having a good day back at work today. At least you just have today and tomorrow 'till the weekend.

Annie - Too funny about the Downton Abbey beauty products! I hope that C's parents are okay after the storms. I had not heard about Randy Travis not doing well.

Mel - I really don't want to think about Christmas in July, but I must admit that since I won't have to worry about snow anymore, I'm not dreading winter as much as I did in Wisconsin. I hope you're able to stay cool. Thanks for the offer of the old men who think they're 60, but no thanks.

Big and to Shad, Happy and Ceejay!

Much love,

My Mini Goals:
Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #88

Morning all! Yes, it's still morning! This'll just be quick because I have to run out and buy a couple greeting cards and pay the darn cell phone bill. At least it's a nice day to get outside for a bit.

Mel - I like Paul Giamatti a lot - I think he's a good actor. Should be entertaining to see him on DA.

Annie - Hope your guts are okay now post-quiche. LOL - DA cosmetics! Looking for a quick buck, that's for sure.

Michelle - Bravo on the aqua aerobics! That'll keep you cool to boot!

---
Nothing much to report, just catching up on e-mail. Bleh.

Posting my car seat cover pics - front looks the same as before, back is just the stretchy fabric in place of the elastic straps. Whoopee. Oh Michelle - yes, I've made simple sewn window treatments before, but nothing elaborate like draperies. I just removed the DIY valance from the powder room in preparation for painting. I'd rather not have any valance in there (just a pleated shade), but the window trim already has holes in it from past window treatments, so it's either another window treatment or trying to fill the holes and stain the fill to blend into the wood...I'd really like to have all the trim in the house painted white with new doors in white as well, but that's a HUGE, EXPENSIVE job that will have to wait.

Okay, time to post and go!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cvr front_resz.jpg (54.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg cvr back_resz.jpg (36.2 KB, 5 views)

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #89
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Well done on the seat covers!

My Mini Goals:
Old 07-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #90
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A quick one for me. I'm taking things easy this round of overtime. I've learned my lesson. I've been updating our "trainers manual" which is basically my notes that I took while the plant was new. The boss keeps saying find it in the manual. Da, it's not in there, sir.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.