3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks Juggling Through July

Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #31
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!
MAKE A WISH AND I HOPE IT COMES TRUE
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY

( I know it's not Friday yet but.....)
LET'S MAKE BELIEVE IT'S...... GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES
THE KIDS LEFT FOR THE TRAILER THIS AFTERNOON..
THE FIREWORKS HAD TOO MANY RULES AND REGULATIONS.
JEN CANNOT WALK THAT FAR & DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE MY OTHER CHIAIR.
INSTEAD I GAVE THEM MONEY TO GO OUT TO EAT AND TREAT THE DD.
THERE IS A NICE RESTAURANT ON THE WAY THERE.

I AM READY FOR MY SHOWER AND REALLY TIRED TONITE.
BUT IT HAS BEEN PLEASANTLY QUIET.
I WILL BE ON MY WAY TO THE OFFICE EARLY.
I'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS AFTER WORK....MAYBE.
DEPENDS ON HOW THE DAY GOES.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #32
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been a sloth today.
Had a horrible dream last night about my sister and her dh getting a divorce.
Disappointed in my FB account. I think it's been hacked again. Can't post an update. May deactivate my account for awhile and see if things clear up.

My neighbor's grandson has had fireworks so I've hear the noise and am satisfied that this holiday has almost come to a close.
Need to call the land lord in the morning for a couple of minor things and schedule a maintenance check for the air conditioner.

------
Laura
I'm at home this week end. Needed the rest. Yes the electrician got us in operation again. Hope things go smoothly over the week end.

Mel
Glad things are quiet. And hope the day in the office in the morning will be quiet also so you can visit with your friend.

Shad
Ah the moment of silence.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Birthday Ms. Laura!!

MAKE YOUR DAY A GREAT ONE, SISTER FRIEND!!

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS EVER!! HUGS

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #34
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday to you Laura - hope you have a wonderful day and spend all weekend celebrating! Wishing you also a terrific year ahead.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hello all,

Sorry I have been so absent - I am truly missing having some alone time to myself at this point. Seems like I am always getting pulled to do something on someone else's schedule. And I've been feeling tired the last few days. There is something to be said for and against a routine!

The cats are doing fine - settling in. Meadow is still skittish and will be for a while but I think she will adjust fine. She loves my Mom's room - of course they go where you most don't want them too. Nina is just happy as happy can be. Still gassy but only 10 times a day instead of constantly! Mom got her hair done the other day - it looked nice until she started smashing it down - now it looks like her pin curl standard hair do. We are having a nice visit and the weather is holding up nicely except for the other day when we had a wind gust that picked up the patio table umbrella and blew it into the house (and broke the spokes). We are EXTREMELY fortunate that it didn't fly right into the glass patio doors which it where I saw it before it went off the side of the deck. They are short of people to work at the Thrift store but I am holding fast and refusing to work more than 2 days a week. My garden is doing great - had my first batches of sugar snap peas, green beans and 2 baby carrots. Also had 3 cherry tomatoes and of course, some lettuce. Didn't do anything for the 4th yesterday except a nice steak bbq dinner. We were in town earlier this week and of course all the summer people are in which makes getting around and driving just horrendous. We opted out of fireworks shows because of the traffic. Heard booming all around us from 9pm to 11:30 but fortunately it was not near enough to disturb the kitties.

Shad - hope you have a wonderful visit with the family - no clash of cyclones either! Post lots of baby pics - I'm sure S is a real beauty.

Michelle - don't melt in the weather - east coast is like that too - ocean breezes and no air conditioning.

Mel - enjoy the peace and quiet.

Laura - have a great birthday and a fun week off of work.

Ceejay - FB is wonky. Period. That's why I don't do much on it and am guarded about who I friend. Hope work is quiet for you. Enjoy some relaxing time.

Annie- hope the rain holds off enough so you can go enjoy some gardening at Dad's place. Will you be selling the house now?

Gotta run - dryer stopped and I have to go intercept my laundry before Mom gets at it. I hate how she folds clothes - funny how we all have our own ways of doing things.

Enjoy your weekend everybody.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #36
gettin' with the plan

Happy
If you have one of those pick you could probably restyle your mom's hair. Is she the only one there now? Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with FB woes.

Laura
Happy Birthday to you and hope your day is special.

Annie, Mel and Michelle

Both my days so far have been quiet. I'm planning on mowing a little bit later in the day if we don't have some pop up showers. There's always tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #37
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

First off...Happy Birthday, Laura! I hope you're having a great day!!

Laura: And, if I forgot to say this, congrats on the weight loss!

Mel: Thanks for the post on the Meditation challenge. I signed up. It starts Aug. 5th, which is good because I just started another online workshop. I hope you have a good day working with your friend and enjoy her company.

Ceejay: Sorry about your horrible dream. I understand you wanting to go off FB for awhile. It's a pain sometimes, but most times I enjoy it. If you can't post an update, it doesn't necessarily mean you've been hacked though. FB could be having problems on their end.

Happy: Glad you're enjoying mom's visit and standing firm at volunteering two days a week. So nice that the fireworks didn't bother the kitties. Santa wasn't bothered by them either.

Annie: Glad you had fun fishing. I know you'll have fun working in your dad's yard. I hope the rain eases up for you.

Shad: I hope everyone is having a grand time with HRH Sophia! They have flight tracking apps here too. They're really useful. Please post lots of baby pics.

========================

Sorry I've been away. Yesterday was a weird day...I just felt weird all day physically and emotionally. Can't really describe it. And although I woke up with a bad migraine, I'm doing better now.

I'm working from home today, thankfully it's not has it has been all week.

I'm starting a five day healthy eating and exercise challenge. The exercise will be the biggest challenge as they want you to work out for an hour a day! Luckily it doesn't have to be all at once.

Tomorrow, I'm getting together for coffee with an old friend who I haven't seen in ages. Then I'm going to a workshop on self-esteem. I'll be putting Santa in daycare for the day, so he'll have fun. On Sunday, Santa and I are going to the dog park!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #38
Happy September

WOW....I AM TOTALLY WRUNG OUT EMOTIONALLY AND WITH THIS FRASSING HEAT.
DANG IT'S SO HUMID OUT THAT THE LOBBY CANNOT GET COOL AT ALL.
SEVERAL SENIORS ALREADY IN THE HOSPITAL FROM THE LAST HEATWAVE.
I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE HOW MANY ALARMS GO OFF THIS WEEKEND.
I DID PUT THE SIGNS UP AND GAVE WARNINGS.
MY FRIEND IS BEYON DISTRAUGHT.
SHE TOLD ME SHE HAS BAD FEELINGS ABOUT THE OPERATION.
PRAYING THAT SHE IS WRONG.
I NEVER HAD ANYONE HOLD ME SO TIGHT FOR SO LONG.
SHE LEFT WITH HER HUBBY SOBBING.
NEEDLESS TO SAY I CAME UP HERE AND DID THE SAME.
I CALLED JEN TO TELL HER I LOVE HER.
SHE'S PROBABLY WONDERING WHY
I NEED A SHOWER, MY INHALER AND REST.
WISH I COULD GET DRUNK AND GO TO BED
NO SUCH LUCK THOUGH.
SEE YOU GALS TOMORROW. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN LAURA.
HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE...WELCOME BACK YOU FISHY SMELLING SISTER!!
I'M SICK OF ALL THE RAIN TOO.
YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD DAUGHTER. BET DAD ADORES YOU!!

SHAD....... I CAN SEE MISS PUSS AND HER UNJOINTED NOSE. ROFLMAO
I BET SHE WONDERS WHY THIS KID IS GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION.
YES THE PRICES I HEARD FOR FOOD WAS RIDICULOUS AND NOT EASY TO GET.
SO GOOD THING THE KIDS LEFT.
THEY SAID THE STREETS WERE CROWDED WITH THOUSANDS.
NO ONE COULD MOVE!!
HAVE FUN WITH THE KIDDOS.

CEEJAY....YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHIES FOR BAD DREAMS.
I HATE WHEN STUFF LIKE THAT HAPPENS.
THOSE KID OF DREAMS LAST ALL DAY
BEING A SLOTH AT TIMES IS A GOOD THING!!
GLAD YOUR DAYS HAVE BEEN QUIET. MY DAY WAS GREAT TODAY.

HAPPY....YOU WILL APPRECIATE ALONE TIME ALL THE MORE WHEN THE HOUSE IS EMPTY!! LOL
GOOD FOR YOU STICKINJG TO YOUR GUSN WITH WORK.
ALSO GLAD TO HEAR THE FLYING UMBRELLA DIDN'T DO MUCH DAMAGE. YIKES!!
A LOT OF PEEPS I KNOW GAVE THE FIREWORKS A MISS THIS YEAR.
TOO MUCH TRAFFICE IS RIGHT!!

MICHELLE....GOOD LUCK WITH THE 5 DAY CHALLENGE!!
JUST TAKE THE EXERCISE MINUTE BY MINUTE. STAY WELL AND DON'T HURT ANYTHING!!LOL
KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 07-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #39
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - I can only imagine how distraught your friend is. Sending prayers and good vibes her way. And sending lots of love, hugs and prayers for you too. I understand how difficult it is to have a friend going through this. You try and be strong, but you only can for so long. Good for you for calling Jen. I'm so sorry you're having such a time with the heat! And so sorry that the seniors are in the hospital due to the heat! Please make sure you drink lots of water, and even more if you drink any coffees or frappucinos. I hope you are able to get some rest. Big hugs, sis!

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #40

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Spent much of yesterday getting to know Sophia. She is a good wee thing and even tho' she is constantly touched and cleaned and fed is pretty laid back about it all. She is not a big child and is obviously using the calories as there isn't a lot of wobbly bits. She gets around quite fast on her hands and knees and doesn't see the need to walk yet.

Not sure what is going on today, but I think I will make a start on some of the weeds in the vege patch while everyone else is asleep. The sun is burning off the fog and it is pleasant out there.

Mel - hope you get the power back soon - or is it only the aircon? I am hoping and wishing for your friend and can only hope that somehow she can get to a place in her mind where she can get back the power of positive thinking again. I hope Jen and Richie made the trailer okay and didn't get washed out or sky rocketed on.

Ceejay - I had the problem a while back but it was something in Facebook not a hacker. It came back later. Still there are TOO MANY bugs in facebook. It is a bit of a minefield to work out permissions and have people see something you didn't want the world to know.
Sloth is fine and not a bad thing for some periods of time. We all need downtime once in a while

Happy - saw Mum's hair on facebook. It looked great. Pity she wasn't impressed. Good on you for not giving in to working more hours. Are you feeding those cats ordinary milk? Sometimes that seems to give them a bad gastric experience. DS2's cat is very smelly in that area as well. And J gives him milk. Quite the let off with the patio door and the umbrella. Much easier to replace the umbrella.

Michelle - good luck on the healthy eating workshop. It takes a while to get into the habit, but surprisingly you lose the taste for crappy food. I can barely go near a KFC these days. And the rotten smell from a Subway is more than I can stomach even if they do make reasonable fillings.

Laura - are you out celebrating your birthday? Hope it is a good one.

Annie - are you cooking, cleaning or gardening? Whichever I hope you achieve everything you set out to do.

Okay - out to the yard. Hope the DS2 brings around the lawnmower when he comes to collect the fridge. I shall miss that fridge - it was great for keeping drinks in and also the frozen chicken and fish bones waiting for the rubbish collection. Have a good day. I'll see what I can do to post some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family 056 (600x800).jpg (19.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg family 065 (600x800).jpg (19.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg family 051 (600x800).jpg (19.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #41
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!! THE SUN IS SHINING BRIGHTLY HERE
THE NIGHT PASSED WITH NARY AN ALARM
I HAD A WONDERFUL NIGHT'S SLEEP.
TIME FOR BREKKIE AND DECIDE WHAT OR WHAT NOT TO DO TODAY
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

SHAD...JUST PRINTED OUT QUEEN SOPHIA.
JEN WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE AGE CHANGES.
I KNOW I WAS. SHE HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BIG BLUE EYES EVER.
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND TOGETHER.
MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE PUT YOU ON THE PHONE WITH MY FRIEND
SHE MIGHT HAVE COME AROUND FASTER.

MICHELLE...THANKS. IT WAS A TOUGH DAY.
LATELY JUST TOO MANY OF THEM IN A ROW.
HOW GOES THE JOB SITUATION? ANY NEW RESUMES OUT AND ABOUT?
WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT OBEDIENCE SCHOOL I CRACK UP.
THE FIRST THING I THINK OF IS SENDING SOME SENIORS ALONG WITH YOU.
ENJOY THE PARK OF YOU GO THIS WEEKEND.
ABOVE ALL STAY COOL!! HOPE THE MIGRAINE STAYS AWAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 07-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
Annie - Indiana

OMG SHADDIE..Sophia is absolutely gorgeous, must take after grannie Shad. I could kiss her to pieces. Look at that little face, so sweet. Not working in dad's yard today it is raining like crazy. My grass needs cut, to wet and too much rain. My garden is now building an ark. Please stop the rain!!

MELLIE...between the heat, rain and humidity, my sinuses are WAY out of wack not to mention my allergies. I am ready for this mess to stop the craziness. I am with you sister on better weather.

CHELLE....I wish I could work from home, but do not think I could be disciplined enough. I would want to work in the yard on good days or clean and do laundry otherwise.

HAPPY...you momma's hair looked especially pretty on FB...however I now what you mean on the smashing down thing, my mom was the same way, like what is up with that?

CEEG...are you working this weekend, stopping overflows and such??

LAURA...hope your birthday was so wonderful. You deserve it.

Got lots done this morning...off to Goodwill, the bank, met C for coffee, Home Depot, CVS and Dollar Tree. Now doing laundry as I cannot do any work in the yard. My grass is screaming to be cut but is way too wet and besides it is raining. bleh. I am so over the rain, bring on the drought, I can deal better with drought than rain.

Have a great Saturday/Sunday..

Loves

Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #43
Annie - Indiana

OH YEAH and witches melt in water, so no going outside in the rain for me. hahahahahahha

Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #44

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

God save me from the organisational skills of an Italian Greek in the kitchen and the mindless spending because something isn't like it is at home.

Can I now put my head under the pillow and come out from my room next week??? Apparently my spatula is too small to spread the cream!!!!! it's been spreading cream for 40 years almost and is just fine.

We are having a birthday party - aka the coronation - I dread to think of how much this is costing. Everything is over the top! My kitchen looks like a bomb has hit and there is crap everywhere. This birthday cake is apparently a Renoir in the making.

I am having a whinge in case you didn't notice. So far this morning now 9.15 we have had 3 crises and 2 meltdowns and all over the frigging cake. It is her mothers recipe and I don't think it is right but who am I to say. It looks like you should be wiping your boots on the two flat bits, but apparently they have to be cut to the shape of a one, sandwiched together with 2 different flavours (and colours) of cream and then have happy birthday piped on the resulting stack. One cream has cocoa, the other is coloured pink, then the icing is green. The ingredients have to be mixed together and then refrigerated for 1.00hr. Heaven help us if it goes one minute over. I suspect I am supposed to do the writing - it will never get done otherwise

Thanks for the rant. I better get my pragmatic self back into my brain and try to salvage something and pack something and put something in the car, and sort out the toys, games for the kids while she is making herself beautiful - as due her current idol Kim Kardashian. You Americans have a lot to answer for.

Okay over.

I'll be back if I ever find a spare moment.

Last edited by Shad : 07-06-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #45
gettin' with the plan

Shad
Sounds like your company has taken over. Your grand daughter is absolutely gorgeous.

Annie
I'm off this week end. Just been working outside. Oh so that's why mom told me to come in out of the rain. ---that I'd melt. Must be a witch too
I'm on my last load of laundry.

Mel
Glad your night was uneventful. Hope today was also.
-------
I've been outside most of the day getting things done. I've finished the back lawn, trimmed the bushes, dug out dirt in a big over grown flower pot. Put it in the back of the truck to take to the dumpster tomorrow at work. It was an eye sore to me and in the way of mowing.
I'm exhausted.
Talked to my Mo sibling today. I called to ask about coming for a visit Labor Day week end. Can you believe that Labor is only 2 months away. She laughed about my dream.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 07-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.