3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #151
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OMG MELLIE...have fun better living through chemicals!

HEALTHY, HAPPY, GRATEFUL, BLESSED!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #152
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Had to laugh about the mating of the bulldog and shitsu. Glad you are feeling better today. How nice of the neighbor to bring you the rest of the meds.

Annie
Will the company fix C's delivery truck. It too hot to be driving around all over the place with out a.c.

Laura
I never think about looking on Craigslist for things.

Michelle
You are still one busy lady.

Happy

_________
I did mow yesterday afternoon after the back yard was shaded. There was also some breeze coming off of some clouds. I had to be patient with my lawn mower. It's just about to bite the dust. I like to mow but think at this late stage I do not want to buy another mower. If I do it will not be another electric. Don't think they make them anymore. I'm praying I have one more summer here.
I paid for my labor yesterday. I was in pain this morning when I tried to get out of bed.
I need to eat breakfast, then go to the pharmacy for my refills. and a buy a few groceries for next week. Lower back and knee's were on fire.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #153
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS ACROSS THE WORLD

I HAVE TO LAUGH.....
I HOPED THE DAY WOULD BE MAINLY JUST FOR ME.
THEN HAD SOME OF THE MOST ANNOYING CALLS THIS YEAR.
THEN DECIDED TO REST WITH A BOOK ALL AFTERNOON.
ALL THIS WHILE WATCHING THE GOOD WITCH MOVIES.
BY DINNERTIME I COULDN'T MOVE MY WAIST OR RIBCAGE.
SEEMS THAT I CANNOT HOLD A BOOK FOR HOURS ON END
I COULD BARELY MOVE TO GO POTTY EVEN
I THINK HUMAN BEINGS SHOULD COME WITH A REPAIR MANUAL!!!!
TOOK SOME ALEVE AND WENT TO BED FRUSTRATED.

TODAY IT'S OK FEELING & I AM DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

HAPPY SUNDAY!

ANNIE....A BETTER LIFE THRU CHEMICALS....ROFLMAO
I TRIED TO THINK OF HOW YOU SAID THAT ALL DAY.
I SHOULD HAVE COME HERE!! HA!!
THE WEATHERMAN MADE A BIG DEAL OUT OF LESSER TEMPS....
THEN TOLD ME IT WILL BE 91 BY WEDNESDAY
I KNOW IT'S SUMMER BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH
WISH WE COULD SAVE SOME OF THIS HEAT FOR JANUARY.
HOW IS C FEELING AFTER THE A/C FIASCO WITH THE TRUCK??/

CEEJAY....HOPE ALL THE ACHES & PAINS GO AWAY BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO WORK.
LAWN CARE IS TIRING. HOPE TOO THAT THE MOWER HOLDS OUT!!
THEN YOU CAN BOTH RETIRE TOGETHER!!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #154
gettin' with the plan

Mel
Love the picture this morning. Something to day dream about. When I read for a long period of time it bothers my neck.
---------
Back to work this morning. Still tired. It just takes me longer to bounce back, after all I'm 63 or will be officially in August.

Called my sis that lives in Dallas yesterday. She was happy to have her grand daughter there and son in law. And her son from Houston was there also. Got to talk to every one but the son in law. They are from California.

Made a new goal for myself his week. I'll be trying to accumulate 50 miles this week by wearing the pedometer and riding the bike. Met my goal of 20 miles last week.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #155

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Short check in today. I guess some of you may have heard that Wellington NZ is currently experiencing a swarm of earthquakes, some quite severe. My sister and her daughter both live near Wellington. So far, all is okay with both of them. My nephew lives in Nelson which does not seem to be in the danger area thank goodness.

I'm currently cleaning out the spare room. Just re-organised all the filing system and thrown out a lot of junk that I have kept for more years than I can remember. I must ask the accountant how long I have to keep things for and whether they can be stored on the computer and backed up rather than paper trails. Now I am up to the boys stamp collections. I am sorting them out into country of origin and then will try to check if there are any among them which might be worth money. There are some very old NZ stamps among them but I don't think there are too many that are rare. So among todays tasks are stamp sorting, hair cut, implant check, prepare for dump run, return the car seat and high chair, getting the mower fixed and mulching the garden. Yesterday was a perfect Queensland day, today we are back to cloudy and cool. Seems that the weather is going to be crappy all winter - damn it all.

Can't catch up on personals right now. Will be back and try to make sense of them later. Not that you lot don't make sense, right now I'm the one not making sense.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #156
Annie - Indiana

Please do NOT say anything on Facebook, but my dreams were pretty close...Sissy IS preggers again! She is not telling anyone, she is a little bit afraid from the last experience. Prayers and fingers crossed.

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #157
Happy September

ANNIE.....SENDING A PRAYER IN SISSY'S DIRECTION!

GOOD MORNING LADIES.
NOTHING NEW HERE.
PUT THE REPORTS IN THE OFFICE MAIL SLOT.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN & RICHIE.
THEN DECIDED TO HANG OUT IN THE LOO FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT.
MUST HAVE BEEN THE CHINESE FOOD.
FEELING PRETTY GOOD TODAY.
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO THOUGH.
ENERGY LEVEL IS ON THE GROUND.
JEN LOVES HER SCOOTER.
SHE CAME BACK TO VISIT WITH THE CHINESE FOOD IN HER BASKET
SOMEHOW I KNEW SHE WOULD!

HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY.....MUST HAVE BEEN NICE TO TALK TO SO MANY YESTERDAY.
HOPE THE FAMILY IS ALL DOING WELL.
MAY TODAY BE AN EASY DAY FOR YOU TO EASE BACKL TO WORK.
2 DAYS IS NOT MUCH OF A BREAK AFTER SO MANY HOURS.

SHAD....I DID HEAR THAT ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL.
AND FORGOT YOU HAD FAMILY OUT THAT WAY.
SENDING A PRAYER FOR THEM THAT IT CONTINUES TO GO WELL.
EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE TELLY, SOMEONE IS SUFFERING SOMEWHERE.
THESE STORMS ARE MOUNTING IN NUMBERS AND STRENGTH. YIKES!
HAPPY SORTING OF PAPERWORK. NOT MY FAVORITE TASK.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #158

Morning all.

Ceejay Ė Good for you with the goals Ė making new ones each week. It help keeps you focused, doesnít it? I hope your mower holds up until youíre ready to give up the mowing. Must have been nice to have a mini family reunion by phone! Hope youíre ready for the workweek after this weekend Ė couldnít have been nearly long enough to make up for all those hours you put in!!!

Shad Ė Iím glad your family in NZ is okay!! I hope they stay safe and the quakes stop. I heard a news blurb this morning about a strong one in central China. All this severe geographic & weather stuff is scary, but I think itís the natural progression of our planet Ė hastened, of course, by human destruction. Bleh, going through all that paperwork and other accumulation. I went through an accordion file pocket of stuff on Saturday morning and got rid of some paper, filed others, and have yet to take apart some computer diskettes before tossing them. Found a packet from a visit to my HS on the last day before it shut down (I believe itís now a charter school). At breakfast Sunday morning, I gave my fellow HS friends the pencils with our HS team logo. No takers for the bumper sticker. One more HS friend will get the last pencil and the sticker whether she wants it or not. I hope you get some more nice winter days, but I suppose the yucky ones are a good excuse to get stuff done inside the house. Re the headboard, I prefer to check out the options online. Believe it or not, there arenít that many options even in the big metro area Iím in. Many people are selling an entire bedroom set, or the ones available are just sooo butt ugly. Maybe I will visit a few of the thrift shops in my area, but it wonít be nearly as efficient as craigslist.

Annie Ė Will keep hush about Sissy, and will keep her in my thoughts & prayers!! Did C get his AC fixed??

Mel Ė Are you going to compile a book of all the strange and funny tenant calls you get on the weekends? Just keep copies of your reportsÖ Sorry about the soreness from reading all day, and the results from the Chinese food Ė itís always something, isnít it??? Iím sore today on the left side of my back and have no idea why. Sigh. Glad Jen is liking the scooter.

Michelle Ė Hope you had a productive weekend. Learn anything good in training with Santa?

Happy Ė Saw on FB that the mom-relay was partially successful. I hope the traffic wasnít too bad and that sheís now home safe in the comfort of her own home.
==
My weekend...
Friday a friend of ours came by the house after a meeting she had in our area. We had some beer & pizza at the house. Just as she left, we saw lightning from a fast approaching storm. It was a very quck storm that came through, but severe Ė very strong winds. Thankfully, we didnít lose power or any large tree limbs. There was both throughout our area, and ComEd was out restoring power and trimming damaged trees the next day.

Saturday I skipped Jazzercise and bf & I went out to breakfast instead. I puttered around the rest of the morning and then we went to the memorial luncheon for my friendís aunt Ė more pizza. Bf had sprung on me during the ride to the memorial that heíd forgotten about a block party/grad party that day at a friendís place nearby the restaurant. Grrr. After the memorial, we went to the party and I basically had time for some hellos before leaving again Ė someone had to go back home to walk & feed doggy. I didn't actually mind that it was me. I just wish I'd elected to take the car and let bf get a train home. But nope, bf dropped me at the train station nearby and I got the train home. With no notice, I had no book to read and had forgotten my cell phone (dang it!), so I updated my check register to pass the time. I also had to listen to the couple sitting behind me complain about how noisy the train was. Canít dispute that Ė it was crowded and noisy. A bunch of people got off the train with me at my stop and headed to the bar right across the tracks. Iím thinking they were part of a ďpub crawl by railĒ...

If Iíd known ahead of time that I might be walking home from the train station that evening, I definitely would have worn different sandals that day, but I didnít, so I had to walk in my uncomfortable sandals (2Ē wedge on them). It was a relief to finally get home. I changed into my comfy sneakers and walked the dog. At least I got some exercise that day! But I was really tired out after that for some reason and eventually fell asleep in front of the telly.

Yesterday I met my friend B for a walk in the forest preserves before we met another friend nearby for breakfast. We didnít get there too early, so there were plenty of people out on the bike trail, which I was relieved about. We started off passing by an area thatís home to a herd of elk. This is a fenced in area, and Iím assuming for the protection of the elk. Iíll try to post one of the photos I took. We had a nice walk, about 45 min., not too brisk, but still sweaty because it was already sunny, warm and muggy by then.

I did a quick cleanup and change at the restaurant and the three of us had a nice breakfast together.

The rest of the day was ho hum. I did some puttering around the house Ė some laundry and small chores, read the paper, finished reading a book, etc. Out for a late lunch at a local taqueria, a dog walk, and that was about it. I figured Iíd eaten enough, so I skipped dinner and went to bed sort of early.

Not sure why, but I was tired before my usual bedtimes this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be 110 squats for the challenge, but I skipped them. Sunday was a scheduled rest day on the challenge, but I figured Iíd just do Saturdayís 110. I did a set of 55 Sunday AM, intending to do the rest later in the day, but I never got around to it Ė just too sleepy to remember. I might try to do the remaining 55 today at work and tackle todayís scheduled 130 tonight.

Itís going to be very hot and muggy again today, so Iíve already talked myself out of going to Jazzercise tonight, LOL. I guess that leaves plenty of time for those squats.

Today is the only day the boss and the sr. mgr will be in the office, they will be out the rest of the week with out of town meetings. Will be nice and quiet, ahhh. All employee meeting this afternoon which will kill an hour of the day.

Enough, or rather more than enough from me. I'll check back later today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elk - resz.jpg (70.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #159
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

A quick check in as I overslept and have to get started on work right away. I've made progress on my project, but have much more to do. I worked on it a few hours Saturday and a little yesterday. I went out on a date with D on Saturday night, which was a lot of fun. On Sunday morning, I took Santa to the dog park and we both had a good time. And I also helped my step-mother with some stuff around the house.

Shad - Saying prayers for your family and friends in NZ.

Annie - So exciting about Sissy. I'll be saying prayers for her that she will have a full term, healthy pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby.

Sorry for no more personals. I'll try and do more later. I've got to start working.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #160
Annie - Indiana

Good afternoon all. Is it Friday yet? lol

It is overcast and 70s today. Very nice outside. Hard to come back into work after running lunch errands.

C got the attic stairs all installed, plywood down up there so we can cram so crap. haha He also got the floor of the garage all picked up from pieces of wood, saw dust and tools so I got my car back into the garage last night. That excited me most.

Cs air conditioner on his work truck will not be fixed till this Wednesday. He has to take it on his day off, otherwise he would not be able to work. He pays for repairs however can take them off the taxes. Thank God we are now having a few days of mild weather.

Yesterday...got up about 6:30 am, made C breakfast of steel cut oats, toast and coffee. Then sissy called and wanted to know ifI was fixing breakfast, but didn't like what I was serving so she and the babe came over at 9, Chris had gone golfing with his boss and I fixed them homemade waffles, bacon and toast. I had put a new recipe for chicken and noodles in the crocker and let me tell you..AWESOME!! Also fixed mashed Yukon Gold potatos and broccoli/cheese. Chris, Sam and the babe came back over at 6:30 pm for dinner. Momma Anne's kitchen was very busy yesterday. Also ran to the hardware to get more decorative stone. What a weekend.

LAURA...you sure did have a busy weekend, but sounded mostly fun.

CHELLE....oh anthor date...yeah!!

MELLIE....glad to hear Jen likes her new scooter and is buzzing around the place...sorry about the loo and chinese food. bleh.

Hello to all you girls...

Hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #161
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,
Back to normal again. Or near normal. Mom got home via a "relay" - we drove 200 miles and passed Mom to my sister in law who then drove almost 200 miles to her house. My sister then drove 2 hours from her house to SILs house to pick Mom up and complete the run. Mom's staying at Sis' house until Tuesday so that she can take Mom to the dentist to hopefully repair the tooth that Mom ingested while eating ribs at my house. Mom liked the relay and while I thought it would be a hard travel day for her she said she actually liked it as it broke up the trip. SIL offered to run the middle leg of the relay again if I wanted to come to Chicago or Mom wanted to come visit again. It's a much easier trip for DH although we did drive for 7 hours on Saturday there and back home again. He still said it was still easier than confronting the road construction and city traffic.

Thursday we ran around town, picking up gifts and things for Mom to take back with her. Friday she was packing and getting her things together. DH has been routinely taking her blood pressure and he noticed it spiking. Took a couple of readings and it kept going up and up. Mom was not excited about anything but was getting worried as the numbers climbed - she associates a spike with congestive heart failure. When we took a reading and it got to 179 over 117, we decided a trip to the emergency room was in order. Mom was frustrated - this was the day before we were to travel. We had a quick trip in and out (by emergency room standards ) - 2 hours. After an hour of observation her pressure (which up to this point had been normal for the month she was here) dropped back down without anything other than having her lay in a bed with a warm blanket. The doc said that they generally don't do anything about elevated pressures until it gets to a reading of something like 220 / 120 and Mom was far from it. Her chest was clear, no difficulties breathing or chest pains, ankles a bit swollen but could have been from the sweet rolls she was eating and the heat wave we just had. So she was cleared to go home and travel back to Chicago on Saturday. We went out that night for a last fish "fry" although Mom and I both had broiled fish. Mom is learning to give up the fried stuff and tartar sauce. Saturday we travelled so that was a lost day and yesterday was cooler and beautiful so both of us worked outside almost all day long. DH did trimming and the lawn and I watered, weeded and picked garden vegetables. Today I have cleaning and we are going to check out some furniture. The cats are doing well. The little one is a bundle of energy - sometimes annoying but always fun to watch. The older one is still skittish but is getting used to her new home and is very friendly when she decides not to be spooked. I am very happy to have some peace and quiet again In fact it was funny - my brother-in-law who is quiet stressed at work right now commented on the fact that my Mom talks CONSTANTLY (she is staying with them until Tuesday). Guess it wasn't just me who noticed that However, poor Mom realizes that when she heads home, things will be different - no kitten to amuse her, no one to talk to except on the phone, no one to cook and serve meals to her (she especially likes that one particularly since I cook very low sodium and diverticulitis friendly so she gets to have her other "treats" like ice cream guilt free ) Told her she could stay as long as she wanted to. Her neighbor said she should stay all summer but we both knew that wouldn't be the best idea I'm glad that she realized that not every spike in blood pressure means she is going into heart failure and that she could come her and stay a month and everything would be fine back home (she worried about leaving her house empty for extended periods). So I hope now we can get back to normal. I have sooooo many things that need attending to - it can get overwhelming.

Will try to catch up on personals but there's a lot of reading to catch up on...

Annie - thank you for the magazines, I look forward to reading them this week. I hope all goes well with Sissy and her pregnancy Funny about your dream being a "sign".

Shad - I hope all will be well with your family in NZ. That has to be scary with so many frequent quakes but what can one do when you're established in your home town?

Mel - hope the sciatica went away. I'm very happy that Jen likes her new scooter. And to bring a treat back too!

Michelle - good luck with the new project - sounds like you're just having so much fun in the California sun it's great to hear that you are thriving.

Ceejay - that's an ambitious exercise goal coupled with your long work days. I know what you mean about it taking longer to bounce back. Funny how we stop and think twice about things we used to just plunge into head on. DH and I were commenting about being achy today after yesterday's yard marathon. It catches up!

Laura - it's good to hear the Elk heard is thriving. Sounds like you are getting your share of fresh air and exercise. That's wonderful considering how muggy it's been out your way. Hope you find a headboard. Since you sew have you ever considered building a frame and making a cloth headboard? I've seen some of them on the few decorating shows I caught a glimpse of and they looked really neat. You could coordinate pillows and draperies too if you liked.

Well I am still in my pjs and it's almost noon - just had to politely decline the routine visit we get from the Jehovah's witnesses - thank goodness I was able to respond from the loft window and they were none the wiser to my "outfit". DH is napping now - the cats wake him at 5am apparently and afterwards we may get some lunch and check out the furniture store.

Then it's time to get the trash out and remember to put the recycling bin out too as it's time for the monthly pick up.

Hope you all have a good day...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #162
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - please share chicken and noodles recipe. I am starting to love my crockpot
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #163
gettin' with the plan

Happy
Sounds like you are back to normal. At first I thought DH's bp was spiking. You did the right thing in taking your mom to the E.R. I realize this is a big goal but the doctor has told me to exercise more. And I do walk more than I need to at work. I'm using the pedometer and my bike to get this goal.

Annie
I'm so happy to hear that Sissy is pregnant again. Sending her good vibes and prayers that things go well.

Michelle
Sounds like something may be brewing with another date with D. I hope so. California is definitely agreeing with you.

Laura
You had a busy week end for sure. And got that exercise in as well.
The elk looks like he/she is trying to say let me out of here.

Mel
My orders--no necessary movement. I can't eat Chinese food. To spicey and it sends me to the loo also.

----------
Woke up this morning sleepy and tired. Thought how nice if I could retire. But there's no way of doing that yet. Could have been the thunder storm that was brewing. It caught me in a heavy down pour of rain and a lot of close lightening. I do not like to drive in weather like this.
Got to work and the power was out once again at the plant. My co-worker had begun to answer the phone. Thanks to the electric crew the plant had power again around 8 a.m. It stormed for an hour and a half. I don't like thunder storms and being on the phone. Things are back to normal again.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #164

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Another brilliant sunny day. Long may it last. I'm off to hang out the washing, get into the garden and do some heavy digging. Nothing else is new around here. Will be back tonight with personals.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #165
Happy September

not feeling all that great.
Thought I could fake it till I made it but alas that was just a dream.
Going back to bed in hopes this day will pass quickly.
I really think this is more emotional than physical.
But the body is the one on strike. lol

Have a great day. while I have a Meliday