3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias #52

Old 06-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #16

I got didn't get a warning about this site today so I'll post again.

It's only 85 degrees today but rain. We have thunderstorms in the forecast through next week. Everything is green and water is standing all over. We've had over 3 extra inches of rain this month.

Faye, I'm sorry Fortune is sick. Poor old dog. Have fun at Chili's.

Jean, did Ian actually eat large blizzards or did he save one for another
day?

Have a wonderful evening.

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #17

Good afternoon to you all. It is not as hot and humid, but it is still pretty warm. We left early this morning and went to our favorite family owned restaurant for breakfast. I splurged and had the homemade challah bread stuffed french toast (it had nutella and fresh strawberries in side.) We then drove downtown and found where the county court building is as Jack has jury duty starting the 8th and next weekend we are going to Arkansas to see my sister from Arizona who is going to be there visiting her mother in law with her husband.

I did 3 force feeds yesterday but yahoo got Fortune to eat a partial portion of the homemade dog food today. No vomiting, no runny stools so hopefully he is coming around and I can put the weight back on him. He followed me everytime I went into the kitchen trying to see if I would drop anything.

We had a great time with the kids last night. Kelly brought her laptop and showed me pictures of relatives from past generations as kids. It was pretty cool and she also had a picture of my great aunt and uncle who were really good to my sister and I when we were little.

Susan: Glad to see you again. I can understand not showing up here if you are getting messages about problems. I am running a malware program I have this afternoon just to keep it clear of stuff.

Hope everyone is having a good day today. Tomorrow I need to weigh so hopefully I have gotten some of the water weight back off. I still have a bit of swelling in my feet but not bad and it seems to come and go. Talk to you tomorrow. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #18

Good morning to you all. Finally cool this morning and expecting thunderstorms and rain showers all day into the evening, but nothing yet.

Weighed in today and lost the 3 lbs so I am back to square one. I am still having off and on a bit of feet swelling, but nothing like it did a couple years ago. I want to go back to walking at least in the complex, but I have to get better all around sleep because I go back to sleep when Jack leaves at 5 AM and wake up around 9 and then it is hot already and I am not going out in the heat as I can't drink water while I am walking because my bladder won't hold it.

Going to clean upstairs bathrooms when I get done here. I have to get them done before it gets too hot too. I also started a load of laundry and have to load and unload the dishwasher. I did put down food for Fortune this morning and he is eating for the second day in a row so I sure hope we can get him back to normal. He drank about a gallon of water around 4:30 this morning so he is drinking too. He did vomit a bit of bile around 1 AM and had a bm and though it didn't look totally firm wasn't runny either so

We now only have 15 weeks until the cruise and the list lady has started her lists! I started stuff I need to buy like the Bonine and a list of stuff we have to do like dry cleaning, etc. There is something I told Jack yesterday I need to put on the buy list and durn cannot remember what it was for anything. It will probably come up talking about something so I am not too worried. I now have the hotels for the drive down and back all booked. I found a gorgeous brand new Fairfield Inn in Lake City Fl and got a kind sweet for less that $100 with senior rate and that includes a hot buffet breakfast. For some reason, Chattanooga's hotels are outrageous even the crummy ones so I talked with Jack and decided to drive 30 miles further and booked in Dalton, Ga. Their hotels all had different rates too for the Thurs to Friday and then the Mon-Tues stay. We are doing Holiday Inn Express in Dalton because it is a nice hotel according to Trip Advisor and I happen to notice they have stand alone showers instead of tubs. For some reason hotels are putting in high sided tubs and boy do I have trouble getting in and out of them when the side of the tub comes up to my knee. Both these hotels have stand alone showers, which is great. I could book accessible rooms which have walk in showers, but I hate taking a room for a person who is in a wheelchair or uses a walker or cane or such. I just have a crummy knee which makes it hard to get in and out.

I guess I should get in gear and get my work done. Have a lovely start to the week. Faye
Old 07-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #19

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful "spring" day in my neighborhood -- 80 degrees, sunny, a breeze, and NO humidity. We balanced at church on the first try, I've made the gift shop deposit, ran a couple errands, and checked a couple places for a gift card from Target, or Bed Bath & Beyond with no luck. I did find a $50 one for BB&B but no way for a shower gift. My other choice was one from WM so will call Amanda tonight and see if she will go to BB&B for me. The shower is Friday so if all else fails I will write a check.

"Gma" -- I hear ya on the vet bills! It was $63 for Ernie's visit labeled "wellness." He was weighed, had his ears cleaned out, and two shots. I had to laugh though. I practically had to turn the carrier upside down to get him out, but when it was time to leave he scooted right back in on his own. The Staff, Parish Relations Committee can take suggetions about the church secretary, and talk to her, but the ultimate decision comes from the pastor. Since he thinks she is the cat's meow, I doubt much will happen. I hope, if nothing else, they get her on a time clock and stop the babysitting her granddaughter on church time. If your weather stays so hot and humid, Jack might enjoy sitting on a jury. I hope it is cooler for your trip to Arkansas. Can you take Fortune with you? on losing the pesky 3#s! My feet are swelling too; I ate sunflower seeds at the game Thursday night and then riding in the car for 2 1/2 hours wasn't my smartest move.

Susan -- Are you having trouble with mosquitoes with so much rain? They are bad here around dusk for some reason. Ian got one large blizzard Thursday night along with a cheeseburge and fries. He finished most of Bob's fries too. He made his dad promise not to forget he has another large blizzard due soon!

I need to work on a menu for the 4th. Right now I'd just like to show up and let someone else bring the food. It seems like someone is always going to the store for a forgotten item. The 4th at the lake is absolutely crazy with tourists so staying at the cabin is the best, and safest, option.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #20

Good morning to you all! It is cool this morning but like everyday it is going to crank up by noon or so. I was able to leave the ac off and just run the fans last night.

Fortune seems to be coming back to his old self. When he was feeling bad, he wouldn't get down and bark to go out we had to force him to go outside to empty his bladder and such. I am continuing the syringe of the sulfur meds until it is gone just to be sure but he has a bit more annimation than he did. Well, for Fortune annimation IS barking to go outside! He is up on the couch pillow asleep right now.

We are doing absolutely nothing for the 4th but hanging at the house I imagine. That's ok though. Maybe we will take a drive or go out to eat, but that would be about it. Like I have said before I don't go to fireworks around here as I think you are asking to be mugged or something. Also, my knee just isn't up to the walking, especially after dark when I can't see ruts and stuff in the grass. We'll get to listen all night though as the idiots here light off stuff (it is illegal in Tenn btw) all night long. I gave up years ago calling the cops. They are too busy going after shootings and fights and such. We aren't #5 in the worst places to visit for nothin.'

Jean: I made this really good potato salad to try it. Well, I used the ingredients but made my own potato salad and added the stuff. It is called loaded potato salad and besides your mayo base and potatoes and boiled eggs, you add bacon, scallions, and cheese like a loaded baked potato. They actually make it with mashed potatoes but I think that sounds icky. I never was any good at getting my boiled potatoes right so I used those canned sliced potatoes and it comes out great. I do something though most don't and that is I add a bit off mustard and just a little sugar to my mayo mixture. I used the same filling for deviled eggs. Our Krogers has tons of gift cards to choose from. Of course, we have several actual Targets here in town. You know, you can go online and get an e certificate. www.giftcertificates.com is a good one and they have tons of stores. I looked and they have suggestions for showers or baby or wedding too if you scrolled down it is on the left part way down the page. I would check it out.

Well here is it is 8 already and I haven't even started my day. You all have a great day! Faye
Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #21

Good morning ladies! 75 right now with Flash Flood Warnings today and rain. I think this is the longest spell of rain day after day we've had in many years.
And yes, Jean, the mosquitos are big enough to carry us off. The bad thing is that with all the rain the ground is still dry after you go down about a foot. It's not the good long, slow soaking rain, but torrents with thunder and lightening.

I have nothing planned for the 4th. There's always a lot going on here in Yorktown at the battle field with parade and fireworks and things all day long for that's where the Revolutionary War ended.

Faye, we have a ban on home fireworks here but they still set them off. I don't really care. We did it when we were kids. I'm getting ready to walk a 10k in October for the Kidney Foundation. Not too bad for a 72 year old. Exercise is so important to keeping flexible and strong I'll keep on doing it as long as I can. Yesterday I did Water Aerobics, water zumba, and yoga for a total of 3 hours. I'm still reved up today. I'll be doing strength training this afternoon for 45 minutes. I'm glad Fortune is feeling better. Casper has decided he doesn't like his cat food any more. He wants Fancy Feast but that's too expensive for every day in my budget.

Jean, do it you all get together and plan whose taking what to the lake as far as food? I'm sure it would be nice for you to be able to sit back and enjoy yourself for a change.

Maggie still won't come here.

Have a great day!

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #22

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a cool 65 degrees this morning. I have a "to do" list and a few things are crossed off already. I'm in charge of receiving checks and reservations from northwest Iowa P.E.O. groups for a luncheon up at the lake July 16th. Out of 27 chapters and 6 state officers I haven't heard from 7 chapters and 4 officers. Cut off was to be June 30; I have to get their money to our treasurer and the names of people going to another member. Makes me grumpy that people don't follow directions!

"Gma" -- I'm so glad Fortune is feeling better! He and Ernie would get along well in the napping routine. Sometimes Ernie snores and he is so funny. Our neighbors on the lake side will have firecrackers and the "kids" are older than ours. I feel sorry for all the animals, inside and out. I just put potatoes, eggs, and onions in my salad with mustard and Miracle Whip dressing. I don't measure, just dump. Bob's mom would put radishes, celery, and green olives in her's. I thought it was so weird the first time I had it. Thanks for the gift certificate site idea. I called Amanda last night and she is going to pick one up for me as she drives past BB&B on her way home from work. I know I will make it to Target before the wedding so can pick one up there.

Susan -- I'll bet you feel like you are living in a monsoon. That was our spring. Believe it or not, with all the excess rain we had, there are now cracks in the yard. Fireworks are illegal in Iowa, but both South Dakota and Nebraska are just across the river an hour away, where they are legal. There is usually some local dummy who either gets burned or sets something on fire. Our evening fireworks are set off to go over the lake and they are pretty. We usually take meat to the lake depending on how many people are going to be there and how long they are staying. Sometimes we end up with extra people we didn't know were stopping by. I usually make a salad, cut up veggies, baked beans, and brownies or bars. I try to touch base with Beth and Amanda so we don't duplicate. We aren't staying overnight this year; Beth is staying for a few days and think Jason is planning just overnight. I've given up keeping track because invariably they change their plans midway. Does Casper eat dry food? I give the boys 1/4 can of Fancy Feast in the morning and there is dry food out for the rest of the day. Sonny has been behaving like a 2 year old when it's time for bed; he turns his nose up at the treats and manages to elude going downstairs. Bob opens the basement door when he comes to bed and Ernie was in our room doing laps at 3 AM! Tonight they are both shut in the basement come he** or high water!

I noticed on Maggie's email she uses the same security program I have. I never did get a warning here, so don't know if her settings are different or what.

I came upstairs to pick up dirty laundry so need to keep moving. My car lease is up the end of July so Bob is bringing home a different car to try. We could keep what I have now, and make it simpler.Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #23

Good morning to you gals. Lovely morning so far, just the right amount of heat and coolness. I haven't had to run the ac so that is always nice.

I am going to try and get upstairs and clean bathrooms today. Lately my knees have been killing me first thing in the morning than they hurt so bad at night I have to take medication just to get to sleep. I put roll on icy hot on them when they are really bad, but a sheet or blanket even if I wait until they are completely dry ends up with that stuff on them so most of the time I don't mess with it. It is too hard to try and keep a heating pad on one or the other.

Kelly has been working on ancestry stuff and found out a lot of things about my dad's side of the family we had never been able to dig up and even found pictures of my grandmother and her siblings as children. It was pretty cool. Between she and Jack they have stuff on some lineages back to the 1500's. She even found that my family came over on the mayflower! Interesting stuff to pass on to your kids and such if they are interested in having it.

They have a bunch of new fabrics for dresses for the cruise so I am glad I decided to hold off ordering. They have a real wild colored one that Jack really loves so I imagine that is one I will order. I am waiting until at least the end of the month. I can't believe that after tomorrow we will be under a 100 days, only 3 months and a week or so. Time to start digging in and really start generating all those lists!

Susan: I didn't explain myself very well. I meant calling the cops when they set them off around all the trees we have here and still shooting them off at 3 in the morning when most people are done celebrating and trying to sleep, especially when it is like it is this year and you have to go to work the next day. Can you try and buy some Fancy feast then take a partial of each little can and mix it will current cat food? I know that stuff comes in itty bitty cans so you have to feed them several cans sometimes. That's the way Caesar is with Fortune. I have to fix 2 of them and even at the commissary they aren't cheap and the selection is crummy too.

Jean: Have you ever had egg salad with olives? It is pretty normal down here I guess. There is a place called Holiday Ham that makes it and it has a spicy kick to it. I like egg salad sweeter, but this is pretty darn good. I guess egg salad with olives is like having grits with breakfast down here, that's just what you do. Fortune's eating when he isn't sick drives me kuckoo sometimes. I told Jack I think what happens is he gets a tummyache and vomits and whatever and when he gets better and wants to eat, he associates the smell of that dog food with being sick so won't eat it and I have to change. He has a grooming appt in a couple weeks so I am going to buy a few samples and see if I can get him back to eating dog food. I try my best to make it healthy when I have to make dog food, but I prefer a good dog food I know he is getting all he needs. I guess at his point in life though, just having him eat is an accomplishment.

Well to the chores and a bite of breakfast. Have a great holiday tomorrow! Faye
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #24

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another nice sunny, no wind day in my neighborhood. If feels more like spring than summer. I made a list and headed to the grocery store this morning. Our 20 cent Tuesdays have changed to 30 cent Thursdays. The whole time I was there the guy kept making the announcement to come back tomorrow and shop to save the 30 cents a gallon. I told the checker that I thought they should have had it today when most people would be doing their holiday shopping. Now we have to spend $30 to get the 30 cents. Anyhow, now I have to make my brownies and beans after I close out the gift shop books for the week. It will be closed tomorrow and Friday so will be a skimpy deposit for sure.

"Gma" -- Do you have arthritis in your knees? My "mom" is using a cream that she got at Walgreens and said it really helps. I will have to ask her the name of it. Be sure to share the picture of the dress(es) you order for the cruise. I don't think I've ever had olives in egg salad. I like olives so will give it a try. You are a good doggy mom to Fortune.

I have laundry to fold and put away so guess I will head to the basement. I really need to do some serious cleaning down there now that it's dry again. Not my favorite thing to do nor place to be. Hope you all enjoy a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Thin Within

Talking 4th of July

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I tinkered with my computer settings and hopefully I can post this.

It is a beautiful 4th of July this summer day in the 80šs. Will still has to do his volunteer day at the museum but will cut it short. They are having a "doings" down there this day. There will be fireworks out near where the buffalo are in a field where folks can sit on the hill across the road and have a great view. They start setting up their lawn chairs about 4 o'clock picking their spots. The parade is tomorrow and they have the street blocked off for its route. It is quite a happy time here in the ♥-Land on this Independence Day.

This evening we will be firing up the BBQ and have a nice meal from that. I am thinking of doing some veggies in a basket on the grill for they are so yummy that way.

The time has come once again for me to clean off my desk. I wonder who comes in here and re-arranges my things.

BTW my bracelet now weighs 5.4 ounces at its fullest. Yep it has its last charm installed. I love having it to be a constant reminder to stay OP.

I'll not so any personals now for I have been kicked off here once already for "web attack:fakeAVdowload2".
Have a great evening Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #26

Good morning to you all. It is cool here this morning but as usual going to heat up by this afternoon. I have a load of laundry in the washer and still have to finish morning chores. This weekend is going to be a busy one for us as we are going to Arkansas to see my sister and family tomorrow then Sunday is commissary day. I haven't even messed with a menu or list yet so have to get that done today.

We didn't do anything yesterday but hang out at the house. Jack fixed us a couple steaks for dinner, but for some reason I have been having some trouble with my colon for a week or so and I just ate some of my dinner and let it go at that.

Jack said no one was going to be at work today so I imagine he won't be doing much as most jobs are 2 person things. Jack told me one of the supervisors fell into the lagoon completely and lost his glasses, his phone, his pager all of it. He is a volunteer fireman for the suburb my dd lives in and everything went in on top of the danger to him being in raw sewage, YCK! He has to decontaminate and probably had to leave work and go get a tetanus shot. That's what Jack did when he went in just his lower body a few years ago. The job can be nasty at times and even dangerous.

You should see the top shelf of my computer. I post notes of upcoming events and such and the thing is full. I have grooming and hair appt, auto renewal stuff so I don't forget like my virus program, the trip tomorrow and a couple other things. We have to take Thomas at 11 PM to catch his bus for scout jamboree. His parents anniversary is Friday and they are leaving on a cruise while he is gone and so asked us if we could take him. Be a late night for us!

Jean: I do have arthritis in both knees, but the main problem is my right knee is damaged, but there is no reason to fix it unless I am at proper weight as it could just reinjure. I just work with best I can. Hope you had a good time at the lake. We had some late night fireworks set off here in the complex so I sat up half the night to make sure they didn't set trees or our garage on fire as they set them off on our street. Fortune wouldn't settle down either until they quit. Jack told me that soda companies/grocery stores are soon not going to offer specials like around the holidays anymore. He says Krogers is going to lower the overall price a bit and leave it at that. I'll believe it when I see it. I figure they will just quit the special 4 case deals and keep the price the same or even raise it.

Maggie: One of the reasons there is so much spy and malware here is the advertising. Those little buggers love to jump on the back of the advertising and the only way the sisters can offer us free forum is to advertise. What this particular one is, is a fake antivirus software. Your Norton takes care of it so nothing to sweat about.

Have a good day gals and a nice weekend. Faye
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #27

Good Morning, Flowers! It is a hazy cool morning in my neighborhood. I have been to visit my doctor already this morning. Sonny wouldn't go downstairs last night so Ernie came up sometime during the night. He jumped up on the bed and I was scratching his ears when he chomped down on my arm leaving four bite marks. Given my history of getting infection and ending up in the ER, I decided to go in. They have a new/different phone system and I waited "on hold" for 20 minutes! I'm surprised my bp wasn't off the chart. Anyhow, will be on a high dose of penicillin and yogurt (yuck) for a week. The shower is at 11 and then we will head down the road to a funeral visitation later this afternoon. The guy was only 67 and hired Bob 32 years ago. They have kids the same age as ours, and lived here for several years so knew them through church and social functions as well. He has had several different cancers over the last few years; a nice guy and NOT fair.

Maggie -- Glad to see you made it in here yesterday. Does your bracelet make noise when you move? It was quite windy at the lake yesterday. We all sat outside for awhile, then were in and out. Lots of good food and family fun. The fireworks don't start until 10 so we headed home before dark. Wind makes me tired and I slept most of the way.

"Gma" -- You have a busy weekend planned. I hope it's not too hot for your travels. It's nice you can see your sister. When I pick up my prescription, I am going to look for the arthritis cream. It's called Australian Dream Arthritis Cream; I know it's pricey but if it helps the pain that's what counts. Our one grocery store has Pepsi products 4/$11.00 and the other store advertised Coke for the same price. I just read where a regular 20 oz. Coke has 17 teaspoons of sugar.

I need to go get my prescription and some yogurt. Hope you all enjoy your day!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #28

Good afternoon, I'm not feeling the best. I took the 2nd dose of medicine last night about 10 with some crackers. That didn't stay down very long and then the diarrhea started. The redness was spreading this morning so to the ER I went. I got a high powered shot in my rear and a new script to start tonight. I just ate a few Cheerios and they came right back up. Now I have Jell-o setting up in the fridge. We have a surprise birthday/anniversary later this afternoon but may have to skip that. I know I will skip the food. Momma cat showed up after dark last night but no kittens.

"Gma," Hope you are enjoything the day with your sister and family.
Hope you all enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean : 07-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #29

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a hot one in my corner of the world this afternoon! The thermometer said 91 after lunch but the Weather Bug says it's now 86; whatever, the humidity is high with very little breeze. It's either feast or famine -- too windy or no wind. We went to church and enjoyed a quartet that sings for an hour and a half. They are not contemporary but more along the line of Gaither and very good.There was a potluck afterwards but we didn't stay since I didn't fix food yesterday. Bob fixed fish on the grill -- yum!

I am feeling much better today and the meds are staying down. My wrist is bending without as much pain so that's a plus. I have too much going on this week to be laid up.

I hope you all are enjoying a nice day and evening.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #30

Good morning gals. Boy it is humid here this morning. No turning off ac as it was hot and sticky all morning. I am going to have breakfast in a bit then tackle the upstairs before it gets too hot.

I just sent hubby off to first day of jury duty. He bought a suduko puzzle book yesterday to entertain himself. He said he would keep me up to date as he knew things. He said if he called and said he got picked and they are going to sequester, I will have to pack him a bag. They give you like 3 hours to get home, pack and go back. Hopefully, they won't even need him and he will be done by Wednesday. Most places do call ins, but of course, Memphis has to be different. They pay you $11 only if you are picked so the day you have to take off to go to the convention center to start the whole thing, you have to pay for your own parking, then today, we have to pay for the gas, the parking, his lunch, and do that everyday until he is excused. On top of that, we are lucky as the city doesn't take your pay for the day, but they will subtract the puny $11 from your pay if you are selected. The only thing that irks me is having to pay for all the stuff just to sit there, especially the parking. It is outrageous prices even in the cheap lots you pay $10 a day. Ahh well.

Thomas is going to boy scout jamboree on Friday night so we will be taking him as his parents are leaving for a cruise for their anniversary while he is gone. I am sure he is getting excited to do that and meet all the boys from different parts of the country and such.

Jean: I am so glad you are feeling better. Fortune is eating again as I bought Mighty Dog at the commissary yesterday and he loved it. I am feeding him twice a day, a can each time (they are about the size of a tuna can) and maybe I can get his weight back up and get his bowels and stuff back to totally normal. Poor little thing is having a rough time with his hip though because I would give him his pill and he would urp it back up so he hasn't been getting the anti inflammatory for awhile now. Now that he is eating, I am crushing it into his food right in the middle on top so I know he gets it. Hopefully, that will improve. He goes out to go to the bathroom then will stand on the deck and refuse to come back in because he it hurts him to come over the threshold I guess. I didn't want to start this, but I am physically putting him on the furniture instead of him jumping because he won't jump up as I think it hurts him. He is snoozing right now after gulping down breakfast. I hope the anxiety of him not eating being removed, my diverticulitis will calm down. I have had problems for about 2 weeks now and am sure it is because of Fortune being sick. We had a nice time in Arkansas on Saturday. My bil has 7 siblings and most of them live close by my aunts house so they all come over, plus a couple of friends of theirs so it was a full house. I got a nice visit with my sister and cousins. The only problem with the trip to see my sister was coming back home for the last 80 miles or so, the bugs were really swarming and they hit the windshield so thick it sounded like hard rain. We used up our washing stuff trying to keep the windshield clean enough to drive. I had just had the car washed Friday evening and it came home all bugged up.

I guess I better get started for the day. You all have a grand start to your week. We only have 14 weeks now until the cruise so I am really getting into list mode. I have the last excursion to purchase next week and I want to start on what I want to buy clothing wise too. Faye
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.