Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #61  
loves kleenex box art

Bagz, you got a **** of an attitude there.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #62  

Well ****'s bells. That would be a change. Around here, it seems the men prefer the f'n this and the f'n that. The only guy who works here who never says it is my sweet and adorable DS. I'm sure that once he's beyond his mama's earshot he's not nearly as sweet.

This ice cream talk is killing me. I've been dying for a Dairy Queen chocolate and cherry blizzard all day. I went and bought a diet coke and a banana instead. It wasn't the same. Can I whine about staying on a diet? I'm havin' a helluva time staying with it. My friend who goes to WW's with me brought a pasta salad w/ cheese and mayo to our bbq on saturday. If you can't depend on your WW buddy, who can you count on??
Old 06-16-2003, 06:59 PM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

****,WABBY,I WOULD DIVORCE THAT TART FOR BRINGING THE SALAD WITH THE POINTS FROM HADES.------i had the chocolate chip cookie dough---but i only had one scoop---i bought the nieces grading presents---beanie buddie/babie thingys.Ds wants more hockey cards.OKAY-----wabby----i feel yer pain---just thinking about the points counting sends me straight to the depths of ---YOU GUESSED IT!!!---bUTTTTTTTTTTTt----it's not fair for us to talk about ice cream around you--so turn your back---just kidding-----they have a thread at alternachicks called Pigs---one of you told me about it----it's where you post your pigouts---- i could go tell them-----aw---what the HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:21 PM   #64  

Speaking of divorce...... DH gave me a compliment the other day. He said "You look nice today." I was so shocked, I couldn't just say thanks. Nooooo. I had to ask him "like, nice like what?" He said "Well, your hair's not whacked out and you don't look tired or frazzled today." And that is a compliment from the DH of 25 years.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:16 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

That's pretty funny -- you should know better than to question a compliment!

This will help, Wabby: DD had a friend over today who stayed for dinner; we had baked potatoes, ham steak -- had to split it 4 ways so portions were only average size, canned corn, and beautiful salad fixings. Didn't get any complaints and DD's friend went back for seconds--of salad!

DH, when he finished eating: "That wasn't bad."
Sees my slightly raised eyebrows, amends it to: "It was very good!"
That's better. Guess I've got him trained.

I can't seem to work in any hells in this post. Oh ****.

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2003, 09:35 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Peachie!

I've got a neat thing for you to try! I have this page that I use for color names and I just tried a feature I hadn't tried before. You click on the color name and new page loads with the color as the background and all the other colors listed against that color. Try MintCream and some of the other light colors. Not that this is really going to help you choose wall colors, but I think it's pretty cool.

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2003, 10:40 PM   #67  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

that is GORGEOUS kiwonkers--****,i forgot how to use the html so it's no help to me----i can't even remember how to make different sized type---ds got his two hundred new jersey devil cards from pennsylvania today----got them from ebay of course [that is a wonderful invention]---cost was 15 canadian including shipping---he is THRILLED!!!!! pleased the **** outta me------lol wabby about dh---you too kiwack! ****'s bells indeed!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

k. I went to that site and looked at it and explained it to ds who walked away without a word. What the **** kind of advice is that kiwiofthenorth? Bye. If you can't read this, what the **** do I care? ****, I ain't got time to worry about you stay-at-home-or-work-with-dh-cows. I got to get ds to drivers ed.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
k. I went to that site and looked at it and explained it to ds who walked away without a word. What the **** kind of advice is that kiwiofthenorth? Bye. If you can't read this, what the **** do I care? ****, I ain't got time to worry about you stay-at-home-or-work-with-dh-cows. I got to get ds to drivers ed.
Well, blankety blank to you too. You swear too much. I'm telling.

I will repeat directions. Go to this page, click on the words MintCream, wait, see pretty background, go back to your life.

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

I don't know. Must be a consequence of having teenagers in the house. But I feel the need to shout loudly.

I'm getting there on my Lasagna Garden. I don't think it's thick enough. I should probably buy more stuff to layer on top of it. Some noodles and cheese or something.

Kiwi
Old 06-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, do you suppose that your weirdness is the reason no one else is posting? I want to know how many high school units everyone's kid has to have to graduate. In Ohio, I hear it's 16. In Florida, it's been 24 but is now gonna be 18. How do they get into good colleges is they don't have lots of high school? Everyone please ignore you-know-who and post
Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 AM   #71  
Most boring housewife.

Me? are you ignoring me? What did I do? I'm not foul mouthed. I'm not showing off that I can handle stress and make a lasagna garden. I don't even know what a lasagna garden is. I'm not flashing around compliments from my husband..I feel that I am the bottom of the group....you should take pity on me. I must be honest with you, I don't know how many units DDneeds to graduate. Should I? Now I feel inadequate as a mother. There are under 100 in her class and they only have one variation in hte schedule each year. They don't have home ec or any such cum lowering scum.
On the other hand..my sweet DS13 got the Peace award at school. It is the "nice kid" award. I like that they see that he isn't one of those hostile, jerky boys. I suppose DS11 is doomed to stay in The Type A academic awards catagory. I wonder sometimes if he is not just a little too testosterone driven.
Tomorrow I'm going to clean...am I welcome to post lists here. Please be honest so that when I post a list I have the satisfaction of knowing who I'm p-ssing off.
I need a new name, too. I'm considering a contest. Lush has no meaning to me anymore.
Here is the summer fun I'm planning to have...we're seeing hte White Stripes, Ringo STarr and The Lion King. I'm excited. My sons are going to camp. I'm entertaining cousins when they travel east. I'm going to get a da*m tan if it kills me. It won't stop raining and I feel that this is a sign from G*d that he wants me to look pasty and pale. Shame on me, I allowed DD to go to a tanning salon. I am such a bad mother of a daughter with perfect looking skin.
The worst thing about the rain is that we need a new roof and it won't stop raining long enough to get one on. I have oatmeal seeping into my cream ceilings.
I've tried to join a cleaning group...but I can't get into the sight. I know you guys aren't interested in living with a list tatooed on the inside of your eyelids...but this is my affliction.
Once I get all this organized, I plan to write in fancy, schmancy colors. Tomorrow I will go through the house with wash baskets and stash the mess in the garage. I'm tired...have a good one...
I'll expect my Lasagna Garden explanation and an update on moving plans upon my arrival tomorrow morning. I want Wabby to think of a way to play Bunco on the internet.
and cook for it, too.
L
Old 06-18-2003, 02:48 AM   #72  

Default I'd like to do more than lurk

I ought to be in bed. My schedule's upside down, or at least very tilted. I enjoy reading y'all's posts because you are articulate and funny. In the middle of the desert prairie it has been raining each afternoon (with thunder and lightning, but no tornadoes) every day for a week. We are waterlogged and haven't gotten the new roof the insurance company paid for after the April 3 hail storm...... so my sympathies for oatmeal coming through the roof.
Lush: I think that by the time "kids" are in high school they ought to be responsible enough for themselves that THEY know how many classes they need. The school counselors certainly know, and can be asked if they haven't already been force-feeding that info to the students. One of the hard parts of being a good enough Mom for me, was letting go-- I could only hope I'd given them the info and skills they needed to make their life work-- you know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #73  
Most boring housewife.

Default HI Painter Woman!!!!!

Welcome.....we're glad you're here. You're right...my dd is a smart girl...she does fine without me.
It is pouring here, too. AND it is the last day of school and the annual "end of school pool party" starts at my house in 5 hours. Sadly, no one is going to be going near the pool. I thought they'd go there, stay there and my messy house wouldn't be an issue. I must clean. That means I will be sharing a list with you guys. That is how we met, Paint, at a clean up your house site. I seem to be the only one left who still needs a babysitter to do anything continuouslyfor more than 3 minutes .
So, here is my list:
1. shift wash
done, plus the kids are up, I'm going to throw breakfast together
2. take wash basket and clean out papers in living room(in organized fashion)
done,
3.clear kitchen counter
It's ok, not perfect...but now its time to take the kids to school
4. put plant in bathroom
This only took a minute...I squeezed it in before I left
breaking for breakfast at *:05....kids are gone...I have two hours until I have to leave.
Now it is 8:15 on the kitchen clock. I'm going again

5. clean out fridge
I should take five and do the pantry, too.........done
6. thoroughly dust family room
eeeuuuuuhhhhhh a real job that's going to take more than 2 minutes...can I take it? done...but I didn't polish the furniture, just got the dust off...
7. put curtain up in bathroom
That took forever, but it looks nice.
8. wipe everything in there
ok, I did that [
COLOR=green] whew....I'm relieved to tell you that the pool party will not have to be cancelled afterall. The front yard, the back yard, the driveway and the first two feet of the garage are flooded, meaning that the kids will probably have to swim to get into the house[/COLOR]
9. throroghly vac family room
[COLOR=deeppink] i'll do the whole first floor.......done
10. go through and pick up clutter and trash This is a last minute change..but necessary...I should be leaving to pu dd right now...no time to be fussy++
all done...looks pretty good....

This will take a long time because in the meantime, I have to take the kids to school after they've been up late every night. DD16 has finals and the boys, 13,11, have been just plain lax since they've been finished for several days.
OK, I'm off to make it beautiful.
bye
[

Last edited by Lush; 06-18-2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #74  
loves kleenex box art

[size=4.5]Oh, Hello Painter Woman. We always welcome new people here but for some reason no one has figured out, they don't stay.

However, you will stay because I will instruct you on how to get along.
[list=1][*]Never agree with Lush over me.[*]Never suggest that a child of our doesn't need us completely.[*]Don't forget the hierarchy here is Sugar at the top[*]Then Kiwi, Wabby, Bagz, Cherry and me[*]Then Lush[*]Then you[/list=1]

Now, I must go to work and straighten out other people. Bye.
[/size]

I suggest "Hamster Lady" for Lush's new name.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-18-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:40 AM   #75  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I suggest MOOTHUSELA for the new name.
Closed Thread