Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 08:09 PM   #46  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

COWPERN----------DIDN'T THEY ASK YOU IF YOU WANTED STALACTITES OR STALAGMITES ON YOUR CEILINGS????TELL THEM TO TAKE THEM OFF OR YOU WILL CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT TO MOVE IN. i don't like those things either===maybe you can wallpaper over them---with textured paper----just joshin ya. i am jealous of you kiwi===you still have events to attend that involve dd's dancing or singing----i still miss the musical!!!---i am going with ds's class to see the miniature horses [not ponies]---they also have horses you can ride so that should be fun=--===i let dd17 go on a camping trip with her girlfriends in a wilderness park [national park]----------naturally i was a nervous wreck,but she is back safe and sound---they went horseback riding as well
Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

my baby is back from a week at camp. he is covered with bug bites and said he pulled THREE ticks off himself. Yuckoramazoid.

all the colors the builder gave us look dull. I am tired of this.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #48  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello Cowsies!

I hate that popcorn ceiling stuff. Yuck. My ceiling has a nice swirly design done in the paint. I like that (just texture, not color.) My house in Texas had white paint with just a touch of red (you could tell if you held a white card against it.) It was pretty. I recommend that color.

I'm still fat, back up to 182.

Wabby, I heard about that charter boat. Are you and yours all right?
Old 06-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

Cherry I don't see that swirl of red color on the palatte he gave me. It sounds nice though.

I want to know what everyone thinks about iron beds. Bagz,don't they make them near you? Will it rust? It is a good idea? I'd like to get one for ds. They look like his style.

Wabb, Herbie should be passing your house on his cruise boat. Do you have any rotten veggies you could throw at him?
Old 06-15-2003, 09:40 AM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hopefully { i think},herbie didn't go fishing on the Taki-too-----looks like terrible waves out there----unfortunately it reminds me of last summer.-----IRON BEDS ARE GORGEOUS!!!---unless you have ds's bed outdoors it will stay rust free forever!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 12:31 PM   #51  
Most boring housewife.

you can get an iron bed with bumps and glitter to match your ceiling. I know you demanded the glitter. You are just that flashy kind of girl.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #52  
fatter than U

Default tiny spiders

We have this entry hall/foyer thingie, just big enough to park the coats in and keep the wind out, and dh cleverly plastered it with that bumpy stuff - what is that anyway? Stucco? It looks grimy and horrible and I hate hate hate it. There, I ranted.

Sage (which this is not) sounds divine. Peachy, after you choose the paint, you have to tell us all about the window treatments. One headache after another as a new homeowner. Isn't it exciting?

I exercised today. This of course does NOT mean that I'm not fat or that my underwear isn't tight in the legs. I believe Cherry when she says it takes 4 years to see definition, because I still look like the blob I always was.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:19 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

You mean to tell me that if I start today, I won't be buff for my high school reunion????? That was my plan in January. Until I found that you can't have an unemployed dh and do exercise videos in the same house. It's just not done.

Did I tell you I bought some plants? Tomatoes, cukes, peppers and lettuce. Just as soon as it stops raining, I will put a couple more layers on my lasagne garden and plant them!! Isn't that exciting as ****?

Uh-oh. I forgot to call the step-father.

Kiwi
Old 06-15-2003, 06:01 PM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
Isn't that exciting as ****?
Why is that so funny? Because I relate.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:16 PM   #55  

I think it's exciting as ****, but that's just the kind of life I have. I'm all a-flutter because I just bought another new pot to plant up. I have a purple fountain grass and some really cool nicotiana to put in it.

Re: the tiny spiders - I have them all over my legs. the tiny spider veins.

I cooked a chicken on the grill w/ a beer shoved up his behind. It turned out really yummy. We had a bbq with friends on saturday and a bbq w/ the kids on sunday. DS brought his girlfriend and she brought her friend. I need a weekend to recover from the weekend.

Last edited by Wabby; 06-16-2003 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:23 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

My cough is back. I nearly coughed my lungs out last night. I think it's all the eggs in the air.
I made omelets with cheese and veggies, sausage patties, english muffins and fresh fruit salad for supper. This was in lieu of the ain't-never-going-to-happen father's day breakfast in bed.
Then I get up late this morning to the choking smell of more eggs -- DH cooked more eggs. Barf.

Oh dear. I said if the rain let up, I'd finish my lasagna garden. It did. I haven't. I'd rather sit at the computer all day.

Where is everybody? Don't tell me you are out having fun in the sun.

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2003, 01:33 PM   #57  

Wasn't that terrible about the drownings this weekend? We fish in lakes. DH always gets horribly seasick ocean fishing. The ocean is very unpredictable here. Sometimes nice and calm, sometimes stormy. This is the first time that I can remember anything like this happening, though and hundreds of sport fishing boats go out every day. Just a freak occurance.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:33 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I cooked a chicken on the grill w/ a beer shoved up his behind. It turned out really yummy.

That's just rude.

Don't tell anyone, but when we had dinner at my sil's yesterday for father's day, the steak was the toughest slab of leather I'd ever jabbed a fork into. They should stick to chicken.

Hi Wabby. Yeah, that was horrible. The article I read made a big point of saying that the survivors were all wearing life jackets and all the drowned were not. I have to admit I have never seen anyone but children wearing life jackets on a charter fishing boat. Bet they will start.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-16-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:44 PM   #59  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

welllllllllll---it is rather sunny but not too warm here---the sea breeze is hellish cold---i think we need to use the **** word in our posts more often--it makes us laugh---pathetic but true i am going to use opposing colours on the colour wheel to amuse myself----purple and orange---blue and yellow---nice in the garden as well----i think---ah who the **** cares????? there is no real yellow i suppose that wouldn't show up that is too much work------------i let dd use my car ---now i have to WALK to pick up the kids and i wanted to go uptown to buy sil some earrings for her birthday tomorrow,so now i will take dd and the two nieces on the BUS uptown---they should like that-----and of course we shall have to go to the market and buy some ice cream---------------wanna come with us??kiwonkers?????i think i will get cherry vanilla ,or maybe orange creamsicle----or maybe just my favourite ,butterscotch ripple--------------gotta go----------i may have to run like **** to get the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:33 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, yes please. I'll have fudge ripple. No, chocolate chip cookie dough. No, butterscotch ripple. No, coffee.

I can't decide. You choose.
Closed Thread