Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Nice and sunny and just the right amount of breeze to keep things perfect. Had I known ahead of time would have gotten up early and gone to the animal park. Oh well, DH had a bunch of errands planned anyway and what with the predicted bad weather, was almost impossible to get on the weather dot com site to see anyone's weather forecast. Our summer craft shows and festivals have started. I am going to be working as a volunteer at a Humane Society fundraiser on Saturday. A photographer has kindly donated her time and talents for Pet Portraits - all proceeds to the HS. I will be working the desk gathering info, setting appointments, taking donations and the like. Will find out more shortly. As long as I don't have to walk the dogs or scoop poop! Then, since I'll already BE at the fair, won't hurt to have a look around when I get off my shift, no? Then the following week we have one of our big summer festivals in our town. I am working Thursday afternoon but we have Friday and Saturday open to enjoy the digs.

Glad to hear that the storms were not as severe as they were talking about them being in the Midwest. People are complaining that they made a big to do out of nothing, however if they had not taken precautions and warning and people got stuck in the bad weather then they'd complain about that wouldn't they? I was SHOCKED to see that they stopped the Metra commuter trains in Chicago. Never in my life had I heard about that. Had to be frustrating sitting there not knowing when they'd get going again. It was good that you had an alternate way home Laura. I'll let you know how the strawberry plant works out - even if the berries aren't the best, the hanging basket with it's blooms is pretty.

Annie - glad that you made a nice birthday for Ainsley even though your heart was hurting. Do enjoy your dinner at Oceanaire. How I wish I could be with you

Mel - so sorry to hear of the sciatica. Hope you can find some type of relief - that is really bad pain.

Shad - how nice that Sophia is visiting your side of town. Forgot how much "stuff" one needs to accommodate a baby guest Hopefully you can borrow what you need. Hope the steroid cream is doing it's job - that's the problem with that stuff - can't use it forever but hopefully it can keep it in check. Have fun test driving the new cars!

Michelle - who would have guessed that you picked a field of work where the technology would explode into all different areas that you have to be versed in? Good luck with the learning - geez that would make my head explode On the other hand, I have some friends who are making a very comfortable living on a really old programming language that is industry specific and a standard in about half the mfg plants in the country. So even though they work very hard and there are very few of them who know it any more, they are assured of a job until THEY decide to stop working which is a huge plus in today's society. I guess there's something to be said for having a niche

Annie - I'm sorry but you card is going to be late. I should have known better than to leave it for our mailperson to drop at the post office. It just came back to me today looking like she dropped it in the creek and used it for fish bait the address was obscured but my return address label was still good. I will try again.

Hi Ceejay - hope you are not melting down there - sending you some breeze

Ok, now my cursor is jumping all over - here I thought it was me but I will readily blame anything else. Have a good Thursday all !
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #107  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Have a good time running errands enjoying the nice weather. I hope you don't have to stand too much at the Humane Society booth this Saturday, so you're able to look around after your shift. I'm going to have to check around for craft fairs and festivals in this area. I just loved going to those in WI.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Thanks for the nice breeze. It's dropped the humidity also. I've been outside mowing, but I'm still taking long breaks. Taking one now as a matter of fact.

Laura
I'm glad they stopped the train for bad weather. But of course it did cause you to be late in getting home.
Yep, I've started my four day week end. I love the day's off but would rather work 8 hour shifts.

Michelle
You have some decisions to make. When would you start the newer job. Makes me want to see what else is out there.

Annie
Enjoy your evening. I know last night was good to a certain point. It will take time.

Mel
Ouch on the sciatica!!! Try to get some rest today.

-------------
I heard some kiddos outside last night but didn't realize they were in my yard. The neighbor's grand children are back and her grand son just takes over. They pulled the basketball goal over to my yard. When I saw it this morning I almost had a melt down of rage. I immediately text my neighbor, tried to call but I had the wrong phone number, to come remove it as I was going to move this afternoon and politely added that I didn't want them in my yard. I could be sued if anyone got hurt. She came and got it. She also told me that the detectives had been back in the area. I wonder what else has gone down out here.
I also checked in on my SS status yesterday and my retirement age is 66. I made up my mind that I'm going to live off my retirement from work at age 65 and then go to my SS benefits at age 66. And I will be moving in with sis in MO. She said she wouldn't charge any rent.
Ok break is over. Time to go back outside for another 15 to 20 minutes to mow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #109  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Sista, if I were as close to retirement as you are, I would not be looking. As for the Escondido job, it's up to the company to decide if they want to offer me the position or start a new recruitment process. So I don't have any decisions to make just yet. Good on ya' for mowing! It's interesting that you say you'd rather work 8 hour shifts. Most people I've talked to who work five 8+ hour days would rather work four 10 hour days and have the extra days off. So good for you that you have your retirement income and living situation set!! I'm so happy for you!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #110  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey sistas -

I just had to post another photo of my adorable grand-nephew Ryan....he's just 8 days old in this photo. What a cutie pie!!!

Love to all,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ryan_8days.jpg (17.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #111  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

LAST NIGHT I WAS HAPPY...BACK WAS DOING OK.
TODAY MORE PAINFUL THAN YESTERDAY.
BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND.
HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK.
GETTING TIRED OF LYING DOWN!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

ANNIE....GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.
AND YOU MADE MY DAY WITH YOUR PACKAGE
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING UF US.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #112  

Morning all. Happy Friday!

Mel - I'm so sorry your back is giving you pain again. (Hope that didn't hurt.) Feel better soon!

Michelle - Hope the plumbing issue has been resolved - those stink (sometimes literally). Bf has been trying to make the pop-up stopper in our bathroom sink work better and as a result the drain pipe has somehow developed a leak. He's still messing with it. Bleh. Love the photo of the g-nephew!

Ceejay - Has it cooled down by you yet? Wow, you still mowed in that heat. Good for you taking needed breaks. Me, I might never get back to it if I went inside to take a break, lol. Did you get the kids to move the basketball hoop back to where it belongs? Sometimes I think it might be a really good thing for kids to be in school year-round. Too much time on their hands and they get into too much trouble. I'm glad you're doing the math and working out your retirement finanaces and arrangements. Whoo re no rent!!!

Happy - So is this an art/craft fair at which the H. Society will have a booth? Should be a good people-watching day, provided you're not overly busy at the booth. Re Metra - they seem to get very cautious about these storms now. Not everyone appreciates that. Enjoy your weekend if you get to return to the fair to see the sights and maybe find something nice.

Hellos to Annie & Shad!
===
Went to Jazzercise last night. It was a different instructor. She was "just okay". I sweated a lot, but it didn't feel like I really got my heart rate up like I do with the other instructor. But it was certainly better than doing nothing.

Tomorrow I'll do a Jazzercise class, and then I have a hair appointment at 11:30. Plenty to do around the house, including the remaining pruning and the shrub trimming.

Much as I hate to, I really need to do some clothes shopping. Every morning is the question of what to wear to work. I now have two pairs of dress slacks and two pairs of more casual chino-type pants that fit alright, although I'm not in love with any of them. The one pair of dress slacks needs to have the hem let down, but because of the skimpy hem, I need to buy some hem facing in order to do the job. That's what get for not buying something higher quality. Though I have to say, the other pair of dress slacks I purchased off the clearance rack at Walmart for $7 seems more well-made than the ones from Kohl's. They have a brand called "George" that seems to be higher quality than what they usually sell. Anyway, I hope these will see me through to the point where I get to my weight loss goal. I really need to get to some other stores, but that means planning a separate trip outside the ones I go to for the usual groceries and home/personal supplies.

Okay, just rambling now. Let me get this posted, see who might have snuck in on me, and, oh yes, get some work done.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #113  
Choose your hard

Morning everyone,

Mel - sorry you are still hurting. It will take some time. I can understand getting antsy. Not sure what is worse a bout with sciatica or a review with the SS people Rest up and feel better soon

Michelle - nice picture of the baby - cute that they caught him smiling. I often wondered how they get the babies into poses like that. Guess they just have a good eye for working with wiggly things Hope all the plumbing issues got fixed at the house.

Ceejay - sounds like you are getting your retirement plans in place. At least at 65 you can go on Medicare and have the medical coverage available to you. That's the biggest cost factor, anything else you can adjust your spending. This way also it will be like getting a "raise" when you turn 66. DH and I are doing the same thing as we are different ages - staggering our collectible income. Just don't pick up any expensive hobbies between now and then I don't blame you for not wanting the kids in your yard. Now a days you never know when someone is going to hold you accountable for something they should have been responsible for. Sad that we have to be that way...

Nothing much going on here. I have some housework to do and a load of laundry to finish. I will be gone a good part of the day tomorrow so trying to get things taken care of before I leave, otherwise I walk out feeling guilty that I should have stayed home to do something else. Funny how time is all my own chosing (for the most part) and I still seem to have far more than I can handle all at once.

Hello to the rest of the chicks. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

Ah there she is typing above my head again. Hi Laura As for tomorrow I'm not exactly sure what is going on. This is billed as a Garden Fest held at the greenhouse in my cousin's town up the road. I guess they will also have some arts and crafts booths too but the primary feature is to get people in to buy plants. I think they are having some educational how to presentations also. I have not heard any more about what my part entails other than the general help the photographer with paperwork and making appointments. Seeing as how she has a business, I'm hoping she will have some sort of "process" we are to follow. I'll go there early so we can get set up (and I can get a parking spot) ahead of the crowd.

Good luck with finding some interim clothes. Not sure if it's too soon for the clearance racks but that would entail some serious shopping. I can totally understand how you wouldn't want to spend money if you are between sizes right now. Can you take a nip / tuck in any of your existing bigger pants to make them fit better? I have a couple of online places I check out (for short people so can't help you out there ) and will occasionally browse through them bargain hunting. Never fails, I'll get a one off something for a great deal and really, really like it and couldn't get more if I wanted them. I just picked up a couple of supima polo shirts from Land's End. I really like those - nice colors too - it's just that sometimes they seem to attract grease stains which are the devil to get out and I'm not even sure where they came from. I do agree with you - getting more and more disappointed in Kohl's stuff. Was very disappointed in JC Penney too and Coldwater Creek as well. With pants and blazers I have found that it's better to pay a little more up front because in the end the quality lasts longer. However, when you are between sizes it's not worth it. Maybe you need to cruise the malls for a day for a Pant Mission

Anyway coffee cup is empty and the washer just beeped the end of the cycle. Later chicks...
Old 06-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon Everyone.....

Oceanaire was marvelous! I ordered King Crab legs, Curtis ordered Lobster, then we shared. We also shared shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were as big as 3 of my fingers put together and so dang yummy. Had the best bloody Mary in my life. It also came with a huge shrimp hanging off of it. Smooth not acidic. We had the best time ever and get this.....the change we found was 642.00, the bill last night with tip and taxes was 635.00, and we didn't even keep track of anything, it just worked out. Cheers to dad/mom.

LAURA....sorry you have to go clothes shopping, however look at the bright side, small and not larger!! Yeah!! Happy Jazzercising!

HAPPY....I love crap festivals...that is what my brother calls craft fairs...You know like Frank's nursery and crap! lol. Have fun with all the lil pets. Hope all the animals get adopted out.

MELLIE...feel better sister and I am glad you liked the box of goodies.

CHELLE...what a sweet lil babe. So handsome.

CEEG...what the nerve of the neighbor brats to assume they can use your yard. Ballsy.

SHADDIE...how is the finger coming along? When does Sophia arrive? Wonder how Sunday will get along with the babe.

That is about it for me. Have a great Friday/night.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

Well, the plumbers came out Wednesday night, but weren't able to fix anything. They came out yesterday and got things to point where we could flush the toilet but not take showers. And they're out today to get us "good to go". Luckily, it hasn't been too stinky.

My step-mom, step-brother and I are going on a diabetes eating plan. We all need to lose weight, especially me and my step-brother. I'm the only one with diabetes though.

I'm glad you're enjoying the photos of my niece, her husband and my grandnephew. Here's another one! This one is of my beautiful niece, her husband and Ryan not long after he was born.

Tonight, Santa and I start obedience training, and I'm sure after a couple weeks Santa will have me trained to be very obedient to his every whim!

Tomorrow, Santa and I are meeting up with a group of women who have Westies (West Highland White Terriers). I've met the women before and they are very nice, and their dogs are fun. We are going to a very nice dog park that has a separate section for smaller dogs.

No plans for Sunday yet...maybe relaxing at home...maybe going to the beach...not sure.

I'll be back to post personals in a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angiescottryan.jpg (30.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOrgeous family CHelle....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #118  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yesterday went to the doc and got a good report for the lichen stuff. Still need to continue on it for another 3 weeks. Then back for another visit. Got my knee looked at again and told to be patient who me? and got some antibiotics for the finger/ cat bite. Also asked her about the medication I had from when I was in Indonesia. The company gave us a first aid kit that contained needles and syringes and pills for just about every conceivable disease that might come your way. Anyway they were all out of date. She advised me to take them to the Pharmacist next door which I did but they wouldn't take the sharps (why can't people call them what they are? Needles) so I am wandering around with sharps in my handbag. I will dispose of them at the airport when I go to NZ next week. They have bins to put used needles in, in the toilet blocks. So all in all I reckon I am probably in the clear for the next couple of weeks. I certainly don't really want to see a medical professional for a long time if ever.

Not sure if any of you have heard but Kim Doty who was Ottoette on 3FC had her house burnt out in the recent Colorado fires. She is over on face book. Poor soul is in the middle of a marriage split and getting her kids over the worst of that when she had to tell them of the house going up and they have little than the clothes they escaped in.

Annie - sounds like you had a great birthday dinner thanks to the stash of cash from your dad.
Finger coming along reasonably well. It has stopped bleeding, but the doc gave me antibiotics anyway and said that probably they could not have stitched it anyway.
Sophia arrives 4th July. I put the cot together yesterday. Today I will wash the bedding and get it all ready for her. I have some toys to put in it and need to buy some bath toys for her bath time. Sunday will be kept out of her room, but they will need to put up with the fact that she lives here too. However I think she will probably keep her distance while they are home.

Michelle - the new eating plan sounds really good. It always helps to have someone there doing the same as you and hoping for the same results. Hope the plumbing gets sorted really soon.

Happy - hope you and the photographer get along okay and make lots of appointments. Must have missed something - how does that relate to the Thrift shop?

Laura - ughhh clothes shopping. How I hate that. I will probably have to get something for my sisters birthday and I don't fancy that one little bit
Good luck with the Jazzercise

Mel - oh no, not a bad back now. Take it easy and find a comfortable position. Backs are not to be ignored.

And that's about it. I've got cleaning, gardening, car cleaning and some laundry to do today - plus shopping for bath toys for S. At some stage I need to go up the road to pick up the highchair and car seat. But that might wait until I need to go into town on Monday or Tuesday. Today is apparently a weekend. I've lost track of the days.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Thanks for mentioning about Kim. That was so sad when I read that. She's been through a lot lately. Those fires are huge and don't think they are out yet.

Happy
Hope you had a good turn out at the arts and crafts show today. It's been gorgeous down here. Medicare is why I'm waiting till I'm 65 to retire.

Laura
I had to do some clothes shopping this Spring. Not that I had lost any weight, just because I needed new clothes. You are doing well on Jazzericing class. The high yesterday was only 91 and the humidity levels were down so I was okay.

Annie
What a feast! And you deserved it.

Michelle
Nice picture of your niece and family. That's great that your step and brother are willing to go on the diet with you.

Mel
Oh NO. Try to find a compfy position and rest.

--------------------
It's been a gorgeous day and I've spent the entire day on the inside. I basked in the quiet with no t.v. or radio. Every once in a while I heard the boys bouncing their basket ball. I took a long nap. Now I'm going outside to wash the truck.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-14-2013 at 07:14 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #120  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Quick post for me as I have to get ready soon and head off to the fund raiser. To your question Shad - there is a gardening event / arts and crafts show held up north of me today. A portrait photographer from the southern part of the state is coming up to participate. She is doing pet portraits and is donating part of her proceeds to the Humane Society. They were looking for volunteers to help at the booth - greeting customers, setting appointments, taking payment, etc - so I volunteered to take a half day shift. It's rather gloomy out there right now - we had some mild thunderstorms overnight but things are barely damp so I don't think we got much rain at all. Too bad, I was counting on it to water the plants!

Do any of you have this problem? Typing a post and the resolution / font size gets smaller and tinier? I used to think it was something with the touch pad on my laptop but this site is the only place that happens to me. Very frustrating!!!

Thank you for the information on Kim - I knew of her but did not know her - I think she was part of the original journals group that I did not participate in. Regardless, that is very sad about her situation. My sister was telling me about the fires - burned so hot it burned everything down to the cement foundation of the home. Bad enough about the divorce but to lose EVERYTHING you have on top of that My heart goes out to her and her family.

Ceejay - you're not alone waiting on the medicare for coverage. I have a nurse friend who is in the same boat - stuck working for 6 more years just for the health coverage. At least it gives you time to plan and the time will go by quickly. Sounds like you had a lovely time the other day.

Shad - reading your post I was totally surprised they would not take the sharps (I too wonder why they just don't call them needles) at the doctor's office - after all, they have the disposal containers. I'm seeing them in more public restrooms - would probably drop them off there myself if I had no other option. That is however, some serious kit you had there. Just having to go to a place where having something like that is a common sense idea would make me think twice about going in the first place But obviously we are not used to life in the tropics.

Mel - hope you are feeling a bit of relief today.

Michelle - the diabetes eating plan is a very sound and nutritious one. It's great that you are doing that as a family project - makes it easier to plan and implement. I wish you lots of success with that.

Annie - glad you enjoyed your seafood dinner and a great drink too! I'm sure Dad is smiling...

Laura - hope the Jazzercise class today is a bit more energetic than the other day. You are getting to be a powerhouse now - what would have me on the floor probably makes you barely cut a sweat

I'm off to the showers - talk to you later.