3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

June is Worldly month for not busting out all over.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #31
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default My Grand-Nephew Ryan James

Here is a photo of my grand-nephew Ryan James, who was born at 2 am today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ryan.jpg (16.8 KB, 8 views)

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #32
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Congrats on the new great nephew. They are grand. I still have seen my newest great niece that lives in California. Her mom is good about putting pictures on FB.

Annie
More hugs coming your way. Take Michelle's advice and don't shut down.

Mel
Glad you are having a good day today.

Laura
They have a Jazzericse location in Paragould. Wish they had more things like that here.

Happy
Sounds like you like to work at the Thrift Store. How many hours do you plan to work each week?

------
The company has inspected the tank and I've been refilling it. Not sure how much water is in there yet. The bossy boss wanted it to run over but my supervisor didn't want to come up here after work so he turned that tank off. They'll pull a sample and take to Paragould to the lab for testing.
I'm about to get used to this way of doing things. It does make you more alert to things.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #33

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hello all,
Had a good day today. Went for my run and am now able to jog most of the distance on the back track. It'll be a while before I can do the entire length. But I am getting along. Sometimes I still have problems with my knee but not enough to have to stop. It is still not completely healed. Then I did a bit of yard work. Not sure if I have any carrot or beetroot plants left since the cat dug up a number of the little plants. I might just dig her in if she doesn't stop. The car was due in for a service today and I dropped it over and carried on into town to have coffee with the Big T and a lunch with a friend I worked with a couple of years ago. She is going overseas on an extended holiday soon - walking tours of UK and also a long tour of West Africa. Lucky girl. Picked up the car and came home to cuddle the cat and have a wine and sort out some dinner. Now lounging around in my pyjamas and thinking about what to do with the evening. I guess tomorrow will be front yard clean up and getting a load of junk ready for the dump as well as finishing putting the cot together for the royal visit in July.

Annie - you can only concentrate on getting through the next minute, the next hour and the next day. It will get better but unfortunately has to run its course. Each person is different and what worked for me, may not work for you. But it sure can hurt.

Happy - I think there was a reason why they framed the picture that way. If I remember rightly there was a mighty rift in the earth behind the church. By looking up at it, the crack in the earth wasn't visible. It's amazing the thing actually stood up and stayed up.
Hope you didn't get too dust laden out the back of the shop.

Michelle - congratulations to you and the proud parents on the birth of your new Great nephew. He looks delicious.

Laura - the neighbour appears to be fine. They sent him home this morning. He has these attacks every so often. They are serious, but he always seems to rally around and gets out.
Hope the jazzercise works well for you

Mel - missing for the day. Okay. Will talk to you over the weekend

Ceejay - hope the foot is okay now and the headache is gone.

I think that is about it for the day. Not much news over here. Everything is going up because the last government was inept. Gawd I get so sick of that statement. The poor old taxpayer ends up paying for everything anyway.

I've added a couple of photos for your enjoyment and enlightenment. One is my granddaughter and the other is Lake McKenzie in NZ. Different angle on reflections.

Have a fun day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 981182_10201290197481037_1836214879_o.jpg (39.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 192405_10151071051721573_470034012_o.jpg (36.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Shad : 06-05-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #34

Morning all. The boss is back. The admin PM'd me - "she doesn't look happy to be back". My response "Would you be?" Boss was gone for a three wk European getaway.

Shad - Glad you're back in the groove with your running/jogging and the knee isn't holding you back. When you said you might dig the cat in...I pictured only her head sticking out of the ground, LOL. Glad the neighbor is alright. Gorgeous little S. in the photo! Bet you're looking forward to seeing her in the flesh in July.

Ceejay - Totally clueless about water plants, so it seems odd to deliberately let one run over! Your comment made me wonder - has something drastically changed there?

Michelle - The grand-nephew is just gorgeous! Looks like he's actually focused, but it's probably just the photo. Or he was just born ready to see everyone and everything right away!! Not wasting any time, LOL. It'll be nice to see him when you get the chance to get away.

Annie - Like everyone's said, let yourself feel what you're feeling, it's part of the process, painful as it may be.
===

Nothing much to report. My new sneakers arrived yesterday. I have to phone the eye doc to see if my new lenses have arrived yet. We'll see if their office is open on Wednesdays or not.

Having trouble getting back into the groove with my eating and tracking after the weekend, but I'll keep trying. Feeling like a slug not having exercised in a few days. I'll be going to a class tomorrow.

Okay, back to it. Have a good day everyone!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
gettin' with the plan

Laura
Nothing has changed at the plant. We are in the middle of tank inspections and they always choose my shift to do that. The way we're operating the plant their are certain gages that do not work at the moment.

Shad
Good for you in running part of the way. What a beautiful GB you have!

------
So thankful that today is my last day to work this week. I'm both physically and mentally tired.
More later.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I went to bed early last night hoping to catch up on some sleep. Didn't happen. Oh well. I'm going to a Curves today to see if it's what I want to sign up for...or if I just want to try WW again. Curves has a slightly higher weekly fee, but it includes a suggested meal plan PLUS exercise facilities.

In talking to my sister yesterday, I learned my niece had a bit more complicated delivery than was first let on. Awhile after they gave her the inducing medication, her water broke with such force that the baby's hand game out. Upon examination, the doctor saw the baby's hand and made the decision that a c-section would have to be done. It was a very good thing too because the umbilical cord was wrapped twice around the baby's neck. If the doctor hadn't seen the little hand and had proceeded with a vaginal delivery, the baby would've been in great distress and might not have made it. The family all agrees that God works in mysterious ways and that the little fella's hand came out to say...hey, something's not right...I don't wanna come out this way! Anyway, momma and baby are doing great. The little guy took to breastfeeding right away. My niece will probably be released from the hospital tomorrow.

=========================

Shad - Speaking of little ones, your granddaughter is so precious!! And I love the photo of Lake McKenzie! I'm glad that your knee is doing a bit better and you're well enough to jog!! Sounds like a busy and productive day, with some fun socializing thrown in. Glad to hear your neighbor is back at home.

Laura - I can understand how your boss wouldn't be happy to be back after such a long, lovely vacation. Here's a buttkick to get you back on track with your eating, tracking points and exercising. :buttkick: I know, like I should talk...but you're doing so well!! I'm debating about trying a Zumba class in the area tomorrow evening. We'll see. Curves says their new circuit includes Zumba, but given how the rest of their circuit works, it could very well be one person dancing at a time while others are on the machine, and it could be to a video (which I could do at home). Not sure, but I'll find out later today.

Ceejay - I can see why they choose your shift for tank inspections...you seem much more experienced and knowledgeable than some of your co-workers. Are they going to fix the broken gauges or are they supposed to not work because of the way the plant is currently running? I hope you have a nice, relaxing long weekend.

Annie - Sending lots of comforting thoughts, hugs and prayers to you and your family.

to Happy and Mel!

Much love and many hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)

Last edited by diyana : 06-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #37
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Yesterday just flew by. Kind of a messy situation in the store - I think the best for me is to stay on the fringes. There are a few things one on one most of us tend to agree with - some items are priced too high to move, some items will probably never sell and need to be pulled and we have too much of other things - like romance novels. Must have 300 romance novels - can't even give them away for free! Should we have a sale??? The problem is that when you make any suggestions to address some of the issues, there are some loud naysayers that poo poo everything. One lady was placing new items and noticed a wooden picture frame that was missing not only it's back, but also the clips to hold a picture in. She showed it to me and I agreed it should be pulled. She went back to the pricing ladies, showed it to them and they said to put it back on the shelf As for the pricing, there is one specific person who overprices things - she says because she wants the maximum dollar for the thrift shop - and any effort to discuss price with her is met with steadfast resistance so no one crosses her more than once. As for the having a sale, I suggested a "sidewalk" sale - putting out merchandise in the front of the store outside. Someone else suggested that would be a good idea during one of our outdoor festivals later this month. The ladies poo poo'd that idea - who will run this? In the spirit of helping I stepped up and said I would handle it. Then they complained that they didn't have tables for outside displays. One lady said she might be able to loan them a table. When someone else said the weather was unpredictable I walked out of the room. What else can you do but step back? I wound up helping the book lady. She was very nice, easy going and the good thing is that if someone drops books off during the week, I can go through the bags, sort the stuff and put it out on the shelves. No mess, no fuss, keep things moving along! I did wind up working all day. I will also work all day Saturday. Was scheduled for the afternoon and the morning guy yesterday said he needed to find someone to fill in for him Saturday morning as he had to go out of town. I said I'd do it - he said that will be a LONG day - I said no longer than the days I put in at the popcorn shop and this is only 1 day - not something I'd make a regular habit of. I did it because he's a nice guy, maybe he can return the favor one day and we have a rough time finding people to come in. The regulars want just their set times, there are a few people who will work extra if needed but there are some open holes. I think the person who oversees the operation got roped into it and he has a lot of other irons in the fire so he sort of takes a pass on decision making and frankly I don't blame him - not worth the drama! Despite it all, I do enjoy what I'm doing, I am learning some of the people and I will stick with the ones I enjoy working with. Unlike the popcorn shop where you spent most of your time waiting on customers, here you spent most of your time chatting with the other desk people or amusing yourself as people browse the shop. I'm glad it's not as hectic!

Got home and DH had fixed a nice dinner of pan roasted halibut with lime and cilantro/corriander (turned out to be too rainy to grill), fresh green beans and roasted potatoes with garlic. It was a great meal. He even washed the dishes afterwards! I tried to finish the second half of my book but had over 360 pages to read. I did until my eyes got strained and blurry and still have about 50 pages left to go. I have an order from JC Penney to go pick up as well as a library book due tomorrow (not the one I'm reading). We are supposed to get more rain today and then it will dry out for a while. I think I'll finish the book, do some planting, clean the house and run my errands tomorrow.

We had the big black bear show up yesterday. Guess we have 2 of them roaming around. It's not as scary as it sounds - the older bears are more afraid of humans because they have the experience of being shot at I imagine so they run when they see a person. The younger ones are not aggressive, just hungry and it takes some persuasion to get them to leave. You just have to be watchful of your surroundings and make sure you don't make your area attractive to them. I still prefer dealing with them over the crazies in the city!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Here I've gone and wrote a book again. As for personals...

Annie - hugs and hearts to you today as you lay your dad to rest. We are all thinking of and supporting you.

Shad - I'm glad the knee is healed enough to resume your running. S is such a beautiful little girl. She's got those big eyes that melt your heart! Loved the mountain picture too although I thought it upside down at first even though I saw you mention reflection Yesterday was national Hug Your Cat Day so it was nice of you to participate even if Miss Sunday is less than cuddlesome at times I'm glad you mentioned carrots - how do you know when it's time to pull them out of the ground???? I know some of the carrot tops in the store are much much longer than mine are right now. I certainly don't want to disturb them prematurely.

Michelle - your great nephew looks perfect. Congrats to all. Too bad you will have to wait so long to see him in person but by then he won't be so wobbly either And he will still smell the wonderful smell of a baby. Ohhhhhh. That is really a story for the books on his arrival! So glad they caught things in time. As for Curves vs WW - I'd probably make the investment in Curves as long as the circuit does not adversely affect your back. As you say they have a food program now too although I think that's a few dollars more in addition to the regular program. Nice thing about Curves is you can do the "class" at your schedule instead of trying to work around a set time. Sounds like a workable option - hope you like what you see when you go to check it out.

Ceejay - to your question about the store - I was thinking one shift a week, but absolutely no more than 2 days. I have to keep in mind I have responsibilities here at home too. I hope your inspections go well - I agree that they choose your shift because you are a seasoned veteran and know what you are doing. Is it also a small town in Missouri where you are thinking of retiring? Or about the same size as you are in now?

Mel - hope you are not passed out on the floor from yesterday's long election work. Come back when you're rested up.

Laura - you talked about possibly bringing equipment with you to Jazzercise class (unless I misunderstood) - I don't know anything at all about Jazzercise - does this mean you incorporate other things into the routines? I thought like Zumba it was just dance moves. Does this also mean the end to your kettlebell classes if you aren't doing the punch card?

Boy the time sure flies when you're sitting here at the computer. It's past noon and I have GOT to get myself in gear here. Have a good one all...

Last edited by happy2bme : 06-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #39
gettin' with the plan

Happy,
As of now I'm going to live in Branson, MO with sis until she retires, then she wants to move to Nixa, Mo where one of her son's live. These plans are not in stone yet but I'm almost sure that's where I'll be.

Michelle
Not sure why I missed the picture of the baby. He's a cutie for sure. So glad the doctor was there. I would like to join a Curves but there's not one available in my town. Maybe when I retire.

Mel
Where are you today? Hope things are okay.

---------
It just dawned on me, 2 years 2 months and approximately 25 days till I retire. I'm counting them down.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #40
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS LAURA!!
I HOPE YOUR DAY WAS WONDERFUL.
ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
I ALMOST MISSED TI!!! gift:

waving to the chickletttes.....I am still at work.
auditors are forging ahead. very long story,

sneaking on the computer. gotta go.
will catch up over the weekend.

Last edited by MELODY525 : 06-05-2013 at 06:42 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #41

Mel - You definitely didn't miss my birthday - it's next month, LOL. But it is on the 5th, so you've got the date right. And I know it'll be wonderful because I'm taking vacation that day!! Thanks for my early birthday wishes and virtual cake!!!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #42

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Laura - did I miss your birthday. So sorry. Hope it was a good day.

Last edited by Shad : 06-05-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Sorry that is too much cake
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #43
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great birthday, birthday week/weekend, birthday month and year!

My Mini Goals:
Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #44
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Girls....the service was lovely...daddy looked so wonderful, since he passed with just his last breath and not via heart attack, stroke, etc. he was not swollen. No pain in is face. He even look very happy and rested. Altho sad, it was peaceful. I will miss him so very much however knowing he is in heaven with momma and his 3 younger brothers makes it better. I just know they are all yucking it up, telling stories and playing cards. The best part...he is definitely watching over all of us along with momma and that brings peace. Wednesday the 12th will be a tough birthday for me, my first without my dad. However, we are all going to the Chinese buffet as dad had planned for he and I to celebrate. I will try not to dwell on this much longer and bore you with my sadness. I am sure you all are very tired of hearing about it. I am just too emotional. Thank you my dear sisters for ALWAYs being here for me. I love you...Annie

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #45
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sleep is overrated. As dad always said, there will be time after we die for sleeping....lol.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.