3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias #48

Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #31

Good morning to you gals. It is humid and overcast and warming up quickly looks like. Jack will be home in about 3 hours. He is taking a partial day off sick time to go to the doctors today.

I put on some chicken and fat free broth to cook up for chicken and noodles tonight. Jack likes potatoes with his, me I like it more like soup. I will fix a couple yeast rolls and a veg.

I ordered munchkin's bday presents and found a pair of purple sandals so ordered those two. I am pretty rainbowed out now so should have a color for each outfit and all together probably spent less than $100 total. For me expensive shoes work no better than the cheapo ones. I have totally flat feet and I have tried shoes that are supposed to help with it, but all I find is they make the arch hurt and hurt badly. I am stuck with my feet as I am not going to mess with surgery and such at my age, besides the weight would probably just ruin whatever they did anyway.

I have my chores all done except for folding a load of clothes that's not dry so I can do whatever I want this morning. Right now I am downloading books to my Kindle because I am way behind on that. I usually sit in the living room and read through my Iphone and I have about 60 books I need to put on my Kindle. I am getting closer as we are at almost 180 and I have a total of 210 on my Amazon site. There are some I didn't like and have deleted and some I have read and don't want to reread so am letting them go too.

Susan: Since you are a fan of Harry Potter, have you read the Septimus Heap series. They are aimed a bit younger than the Potter books but I am on my first one and enjoying it.

Jean: I am caught up with the Connelly books. Well, I am reading The Black Box and haven't finished it yet. I don't think it has as much zoom to it as the other books. Kelly gave me a $50 Amazon gift card to buy books for the cruise (like having 200+ books isn't enough to enjoy ) and so I went and put a bunch in my wish list and have bought some of the cheap ones and am saving the new releases for right before we leave. Hope the ballgame didn't get rained out. The kids are so sad when that happens. Who is playing ball, Kolby or Ian or both???

Maggie: Congrats on the loss!!!! It is coming off slowly but surely and you have made good progress over the last year. Glad you didn't get hit by the storms. What a mess and loss of life. I would so love to have just one little tomato plant for fresh tomatoes, but the squirrel would rip it to shreds.

I bought my nail polish colors for Indiana and the cruise. Since I don't leave the house a whole lot, I quit the expense of having my nails and toes done, but I do have them done when we are going somewhere. I always buy OPI products because for one thing I love how they name them and secondly, it is top notch polish. It is more expensive but the stuff stays on. The one showing the nails is "Kiss me on my Tulips" and the bottle is from the Spiderman collections and is called "Your Web or Mine."

Well gals, I haven't eaten breakfast so should get to that and check on the clothes. Have a great middle of the week!!! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kiss me.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg your web or mine.jpg (8.1 KB, 1 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #32

Good Afternoon, Flowers! My furnace is running so enough said about the gloomy weather again today. It was my morning to work in the gift shop; I sold two bracelets to the same employee. I did get caught up on my magazines and folded some pamphlets for one of the departments.

Maggie -- I hope you have good summer weather for growing your garden produce. I'm beginning to think spring and summer have bypassed us. I know it will get hot eventually though. Ian played at 5:30 last night and were we ever glad. We drove through rain getting there but kept in touch with Jason knowing it wasn't raining there. By the end of the game at 7:15, the wind had come up and it was misting. It was miserably cold! The second round of players were on the field warming up when we left. We try to stop for a treat after games and ended up waiting for a pot of coffee at the DQ. I guess not many drink coffee there.

"Gma" -- More sandals? Ian is playing baseball for the first half of the summer and will switch to football the second half. Kolby's last soccer game was Monday night and Maddy played her last soccer game last night. We hit one soccer game, out of two, each week. Will try to do that for Ian but he has a couple weeks where both games don't start until 7:30 -- that makes it after midnight to get back home again. I just can't stay awake and feel bad for Bob! Zowie wants to do gymnastics this summer so will see what that brings.

I need to figure out what's for supper. Bob is out at the farm working on his tractor so doesn't have a clue what time it is. Hope you all enjoy your evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #33

Good morning to you all. It is lovely and sunny and warm and wonderful. We are supposed to get more rain, but until it comes I am going to assume we won't.

Target did it to me again. I put the order in for Jackson's bday gifts and had them shipped to their house and they defaulted back to my address so I have to hold my breath they will get here in time. It is cutting it close. I had to wait to order the stuff but worse comes to worse, if it doesn't get to my house in time, I will buy it at the Target's up there and then return what I bought online.

I finished the first Septimus Heap book and it was pretty good. It is aimed at the younger reading group more like the 8-10 crowd, but it is still fun and interesting reading. Reminds me more of the hobbit then harry potter.

Jean: Hang on to your flip flops, I ordered one last pair of purple sandals this morning. I hadn't found any except the earth shoe type, very expensive ie near $100 or rubber flip flops. Target had two purple and I chose one of them. They were $12 can't beat that. I now have every color pretty much except red and I don't have red outfits except a pair of shorts. We have been running our ac for at least a week now. I turn it off until it gets warm in the house though.

Getting late for me this morning so I better go. I hope your Thursday is great! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #34

Continue on to #49!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.