Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't

You're on Page 6 of 19
Go to
  • Good Saturday Morning,

It's much cooler and very breezy out there. We have the greenhouse butted against the house which is good because DH said it shifted a bit in the wee morning hours. We have it on the cement patio so no way to bolt it down although DH said he was going to put some wood on the outside flaps. I could also take some big rocks and do the same thing. I did snip some leaves from the lettuce mix pots I bought - yum yum. The lady at the nursery said to clip the first few sets so the plant got nice and full. We had leftover pasta for lunch and we kind of full so we had a nice big salad for dinner with thin sliced left over pork chops, lots of fruit, several lettuce greens and some nuts. Topped it with an apple vinaigrette I made and it was good. I think I would have preferred the white balsamic dressing I had but wasn't sure if DH would eat that so I did the apple stuff.

Spent almost all day outside yesterday. Laid out the plants in the garden beds so that DH will know where he needs to build me some support braces for the climbing stuff. I started weeding and prepping the beds too, we will need more compost and dirt and will pick that up when we take a ride to the home improvement store in the next day or two. For being outside all day, I sure didn't get the good night's sleep I thought I would. Just one of those nights. Now, like Annie, I have a full day of chores ahead of me.

Ceejay - Baldnobbers what a name! Glad to hear that you are having fun already. Hope that sets the tone for the rest of the stay.

Annie you busy busy lady. But a good busy doing the things like the garden that you enjoy. Just be careful of that toe - no mowing in flips, ok? I think with the cooler weather now it's a great time to be out doing the hard stuff in the yard.

Mel - I love your new avatar! It's so you and makes me smile to see it. You're getting to be a pro with the computer stuff. Glad you got a smile from the card, I thought it might be something cheerful for those days when life kicks you in the knees. Hope you get your wish for a quiet and peaceful Mother's Day weekend.

Shad - very sorry to hear of your friend G. What a tragic situation. I'm glad you are there to comfort him. And to help Chris too. I had to dig deeper into Excel with my last job and found it most frustrating from the prior version - they flipped some things around and even admitted it didn't work out as well as they would have liked. But if she's learning now, she'd never know that. I found that a lot of times, it's just getting into it and muddling through it. But you are good to teach her and help her out. hope she finds something soon. Would probably be a wise idea to plan a few quiet days after the tooth extraction. People who have had it done said the extraction was the worse part of it because not only do they remove the teeth but have to work on the bone to prep for the next step. The bone is sore afterwards so ask for some extra painkillers. Had to laugh about your magazine selection - I've done the same, only 1 subscription and that's to a food magazine - more for cooking tips and techniques rather than recipes. And I will pick up the occasional magazine on the rack if the cover has good organizing or gardening articles.

Laura - most of the snow is gone although there are still a few spots out in the woods protected by tree cover. With as dry as it is here, I'm shocked things don't dissipate more quickly. Yes, I can't see a windbreaker doing much good for walking in the rain. And the hoods on those things never did fit very well. Guess you need a rain slicker for sure for dog walks, although maybe Coal is ok staying in from the rain too? Sounds like you have a nice quiet weekend - enjoy some relaxing and those killer exercise classes

DH just peeked out the window - it appears that my greenhouse is trying to go aloft. I'd better go out and help him secure it. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Happy Mothers Day Everyone
  • A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I thought I would share it with you all. Happy Mother's Day to all of us...

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

"You will simply call her, 'Mom.'

• HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

JAVE A GREAT DAY AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE WEEKEND!

VERY QUIET HERE LAST NIGHT DURING THE THUNDERSTORMS.
    I THINK EVERYONE FELL ASLEEP EARLY.
    I WAS TALKING TO JEN IN THE AFTERNOON.
    THEN I BACKED UP AND FOUND A STRANGE BOLT ON THE FLOOR.
    JEN CAME DOWN AND FOUND OUT IT WAS THE FOR THE REAR TIRE!
    IT'S A MAIN CENTER HUB BOLT. IT HOLDS THE TIRE ON.
    SO RICHIE HAD TO COME DOWN AND PUT ME BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.
    THANK GOD HE WAS HOME BUT HOPE NONE OF US GET WHAT HE HAD FRIDAY NIGHT!!
    PRAYING THE NEW CHAIR GOES THRU THE RED TAPE QUICKLY!
    ALSO......YESTERDAY I WEIGHED IN AT 183 AGAIN.
    BACK DOWN TO WHERE I WAS ABOUT A MONTH AGO.
    I AM THE QUEEN OF YOYOs!!
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

ANNIE...YOU WERE SO BUSY YESTERDAY DID YOU SLEEP GOOD???
    HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH C'S FAMILY!

CEEJAY.....LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL.
    GLAD YOU GOT OUT AND SAW A FUNNY SHOW.
    I'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE THEM LATER.

HAPPY.....WHAT A NICE WEEKEND YOU'RE HAVING.
    A LOT OF WORK BUT I ENVY THE GARDENING PART!!
    THE FOOD SOUNDED WONDERFUL TOO.
    DON'T LET THE FGREENHOUSE TAKE NOFF LIKE THE WIZARD OF OZ!
    YOU HAD TO HEAR JEN & RICHIE WITH THE CARD.
    RICHIE BURST OUT LAUGHING!!!
    I LOVED THE STORY FROM YOUR FRIEND

SHAD....HOPE YOUR MOTHER'S DAY WAS A GREAT ONE TOO!
  • Evening all,
    Been a busy day. The kids came around and put in a couple of hours in the yard and trimming hedges and bushes etc. Then we went out to dinner and after I got home the other DS rang and we had a long chat
    Tomorrow is THE TOOTH day. I'm about off to bed because I think tomorrow will be a long day.
    So because I won't be able to do too much else tomorrow, I will save personals to then. And I better go see what information I have on Capacity Planning! What I hear you say? Some wants me to do a document on this subject. Moneys money. Who am I to turn it down.

Catch you all tomorrow
  • HAPPY MOMMA's DAY....human and furry!!
  • Morning all! Happy Mother's Day!

Annie - Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday - did you get to everything? Hope u enjoy the day w/ c & his family.

Happy - did you & dh get the greenhouse secured? I went to our little local conservatory yesterday - they had their annual plant sale. I bought a pot of pansies for bf's mum's patio. Ill have to get the rest from the home improvement store. the selection at the sale was quite small.

Shad - Nice of you help your friend Chris with Excel. Hope it stays in h her head and it helps her land a new job. Sorry to hear about your friend losing his son - how horrible! Too bad you're going to miss the funeral service, but trying to be available for support whenever it might be needed is what's important. Hope you had a nice feed today the & tooth work goes well tomorrow. Doesn't sound like a good time -definitely remember to get some painkillers from the dentist!!!

Back when I'm at the desktop - typing on this phone is drving me nuts!
  • Okay, I'm back and on a real keyboard and large screen now.

Happy - re the plant sale - it was rather small and selection limited, so I really just need to go to the home improvement stores garden center to get what I want. I saw new neighbors in a corner house nearby dismantling the greenhouse the previous owner had in the backyard - wonder what they did with it.

Shad - Nice the kids did some of the yardwork with you. You're not gonna try and write the document while you're on pain pills are you?

Mel - Hope the rest of your chair stays intact until your new chair is ready for you!!! I like your new avatar too!! Hope the building stays quiet.

Ceejay - Glad you enjoyed the show. Way back as a kid we took a vacation to MO and spent a day or two in Branson. This was well before it got built up the way it is now, and the Baldknobbers was one of the shows we saw! There were really only a few of those theaters doing shows like that back then. Branson was totally unrecognizable when I saw it several years back when I went out to visit my mother. Not that I would have remembered much from 40+ years ago, lol. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip - when do you return?

Hello Michelle - hope your having a good day in sunny northern CA.
    ===
    No exercise class yesterday morning - I had a lot I wanted to do. Did quite a bit of it - errands, shopping, housecleaning, etc. We also had the annual lab rescue org auction and dinner last night. It was a lovely event, always has been. We sat with a pleasant group of people - three couples who were there together. Nice night. And as they say - it's for the labs!! We won one silent auction item we bid on (out of about 4) - a Pampered chef circular pizza stone and a nice pizza slicer. Our rectangular stone is slightly small for large-ish pizzas, so this will be nice. And our current pizza slicer is a small thing, nothing compared to this large-wheeled one. We also bid on several donated gift cards (live auction, card goes to the first bidder, at face value) and won one card for The Cheesecake Factory and one for our favorite electronics store.

More to do today and I'm going to try to do a couple things before my kettlebell class, so I better hit it.

Everyone have a great day!
  • Good morning ladies,

Happy Mum's Day to You. It's sunny but very cool here - supposed to get down to 25 tonight, glad we have the greenhouse up to protect the plants. Yesterday was just a total whacky weather day. It was grey, cloudy and very windy. Then the sun broke out. Then 2 minutes later it got dark again. It started to rain. Then I heard something and looked out the window to see a literal blizzard of white round pellets - like the snow melt stuff you put on the ice. We got rain, sleet, ice, wind, clouds and sun. It kept cycling through. Very strange.

I got a new squirrel proof feeder when I was at the nursery and DH put it up the other day - got a new bird - a rosebreasted grosbeak.

Sorry that it's kind of blurry. My camera will not zoom quite enough to capture the birdfeeder from clear across the yard. I had a better shot of the bird when it was on another perch, but as soon as I got up to get the camera it flew off. We have 2 males - as usual the males are the more colorful ones. I think one of the females was on the suet cage but didn't get a good enough look at her.

Not sure if I'm going to work in the garden today - it's sunny but a bit breezy and cool for me so I might stay inside today. We are going to a nice dinner out this evening that I'm looking forward to. Already called my Mum and sister and spoke with them.

Mel - I'm so glad that Jen saw the bolt before there was any serious problem. OMG - that could have been a total disaster. Hope the new chair gets to you soon. Good for you on keeping the weight down - I know it must be hard but you are doing a great job!

Laura - I have one of those pizza stones - my sister gave it to me for a housewarming present when we moved to TN. I loved it so much - use it for pizza, cresent rolls, all kinds of stuff. Eventually it will crack from wear and tear and I just had to replace it. She also gave me one of those super big pizza cutters which disappeared and made me sad. DH liked to use it and had a maddening habit of leaving the cutter in the pizza box. I didn't always check the box before I tossed it and I'm afraid that the cutter wound up in the garbage can. You will love them I'm sure. Did you get the stone with the built in handles or the wire rack that it sets in? I have the rack. Sounds like the new neighbors are not gardeners tearing the greenhouse down. But I would agree that it's something you have to totally use or it's not worth taking up the space in the yard. Enjoy your kettlebell class today.

Shad - nice that the kids helped out in the yard. Hope all goes well with the tooth tomorrow. I can't think of a better way to write about a stiff subject like capacity planning with other than a big bottle of wine or the fog of some good painkillers

Hope you are having fun Ceejay.

Enjoy your day Annie - don't spend it doing all work.

What happened to Michelle??? Did she take a wrong turn and is wandering northern California???

Time to go get busy. Again, Happy Mother's Day to All.
  • Oh also meant to say that I watched the movie Guilt Trip with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogan yesterday. It was cute. Barbra plays the overbearing mom to a T - just when it starts to get to be too much, the plot twists. It had a nice ending. Not Oscar material, just a smile, feel good movie.
  • Happy Mother's Day everyone, including those of us whose kids have 4 legs and fur!

My new job is going well. And I've got a potential opportunity brewing in San Diego. Before I accepted my new job, I had agreed to be presented for a permanent position for a company located in Escondido, just north of San Diego. I had a phone interview a week ago and it went well, so they asked me to fly down at their expense for a face to face interview. I took Friday off and flew down. I think the interviews went well, and I should know whether or not I get the job either this week or next week. If I do get the job, I'll just drive down there with my clothes and Santa and leave my furniture in storage. And I'll stay with my cousin's ex-wife for a month or two until I find a place. At least when I move my stuff down there, it's only a 10 hour drive, and not a 4 day drive.

Right now, I'm just going with the flow. I'm enjoying staying in my step-mom's home. Santa and I are just kicking back in the backyard enjoying the 70 degree temps this morning. It gets warm in the afternoon, but there's plenty of shade. I did all my errands and laundry yesterday, though I may wash sheets today. Santa is having fun chasing the squirrels! My step-mother is away on a trip. And since she travels at least once a month or so, we should be able to make this living arrangement work if I don't get the job in Escondido.

She would like me to stay here so that I can get some of my debt paid down, and that would be very helpful. On the other hand, if I stay with my cousin's ex-wife, we can help each other through the post-divorce healing/re-building process.

I'm just going with the flow knowing that whatever is meant to be is going to happen. And wherever I end up, I'll have people around who love me and care about me, and whatever job I end up having...I know I'll be successful. Because as I proved to myself on the roadtrip out here, once I put my mind to something, I can do positively anything!

I'll try and catch up on personals later...sorry I've been away so much.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

Much love and many hugs,
  • Teeth are out. Implant is in. Hurt is happening. Soup and then a nap. Not doing anything thing today other than curling up on the couch and reading a book, watching television and snoozing.
  • Sleep as much as you can Shad - feel better soon I hear this is the worst part - the rest of the bits are not nearly as bad.
  • Actually it is not as bad as I thought. The bits that hurt at the moment are not in the mouth. Must have had to lean on my cheekbone.
    I'm sleepy, but not in pain, however my mouth tastes bad! Another rinse out shortly then probably an early night.