Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #46  

Morning all. Still immersed in getting the cell phone where I want it. Bleh. Silly how all-consuming it's been. I think the only remaining thing I really care about is getting my calendar items transferred. Have to figure out if I can transfer them to the phone from the backup, or if I'll be manually (re-)entering b-days and appts.

Annie - So glad to hear li'l guy's surgery went well! It'd be nice if Sass took to the leash and walks - you'd be getting a bit of exercise too. Not sure what to suggest - maybe teeny tiny little pieces of some yummy treats to get her to walk with you on the leash??

Mel - Glad you had a good sleep and a quiet night. Fingers for another quiet day and hope you get to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine. I so wish I could see more of the night sky too! No, that dog is one of the standard 3fc avatars. I'll have to see if I can get a photo of Coal that'll look good when it's shrunk down to size. I find photographing a black dog quite difficult.

Shad - I hope the biopsy results come out clean. Enjoy your lunch with the two blokes!

Ceejay - I missed your mention of the nail in the tire - good thing the co-worker noticed it. Who knows what that leads to... The tires on my beater commuter bike are really in bad shape and it won't take much to blow them out, so I better buy new ones quick.

Michelle - Glad your first day went well. Ooh, work at home days on Mon. & Fri???!!! How cool. Yes, I know I haven't been too keen on that for myself in the past, but when the train delays get to me, working from home sure sounds good. Glad Santa has company during the day. In our house, we always say "A tired dog is a good dog."

Happy - Off on the ATV somewhere trying to outrun the bear??

===
So I forgot to mention that on Sunday's dog walk by the creek, I think I saw what was a river otter or something in the "creek". (The creek is actually a place where the storm water drains into.) That was interesting.

And in other exciting news, I was opening the garage door yesterday morning to get my bike out and heard something fall as the door was rising. When it opened I found my bike toppled over and several yard tools as well. The noise I heard was the push broom that had apparently landed against the door. Turns out the prior owner's cheesy jury-rigged wall hook "system" had finally given way and come out of the wall. My bike was fine and it appears only our giant loppers were damaged a bit - one plastic handle shattered, exposing the metal underneath. Nothing a bit of duct tape can't handle. But now this is the perfect opportunity to plan a real wall system. I know we can set up something that will store a lot of the hanging tools much more efficiently than the current hodge-podge of hooks, etc.

WW today, so I'm unfed. Haven't heard about movie night, so I will either go to an exercise class or do some stuff that needs doing around the house.

Have a great day everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #47  

Weigh-in results: Lost 2.2 pounds! Rather unexpected. Not sure why I continue to have such loyalty to my scale at home when it always reads higher than the WW scales!!

Today's meeting topic: Eating mindfully. This hit home since bf and I eat dinner in front of the tv almost 100% of the time. And when I eat solo, I'm either reading a book, newspaper or magazine or doing something on the computer. That needs to change.

I also liked a comment the meeting leader made:

"I did not become overweight from enjoying food too much. It was because I enjoyed it too little."

When we don't eat mindfully, we don't savor it, and don't feel satisfied, so we eat more.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #48  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Whew WHoooo LAURA!! Congrats on the loss, you ROCKED it this week. Nice leader comment and so true!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Congrats on the 2.2 pounds. That's awesome.

Annie
Glad to hear that lil man's surgery went well.

------
Still having trouble with the filter draining, so far not on my shift. The boss did some more tinkering today so hopefully this will be good. They actually called the tech that installed all this electronic stuff. So now I'm playing detective.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #50  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

QUICKIE POST TODAY.
OFF TO WORK IN A FEW.
SHORT NOTICE & THE OFFICE IS SHORT.
EXTRA CHECK IN JUNE SO I AM HAPPY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #51  

Morning all. Wasted too much time trying to upload a new avatar, but failed.

Went to the "Tighter Assets" class last night taught by a teacher I'd never met before. It was tough - a zillion lunges and squats of all different variations. I imagine soreness will be coming on as the day passes. So I will probably not be liking this instructor any more than I did when my quad muscles were burning. I think part of it is there were some moves she didn't do and was walking around the room checking out everyone else. I want my instructor to be suffering along with us at all times!!!!

Okay, I'll be back later for personals, unless everyone is out and about having a fantastic day. Me, I'm stuck inside the office with the boss on the admin's a$$ again/still. And the boss took me in her office to tell me they are posting a job tomorrow for a 2nd sr. mgr in our dept to get the transition rolling in prep for her retirement happening in about 1 year. Sounds like one of the Sr. Mgrs could be the new Director...or maybe not. And no, I'm not sr. mgr. material. I don't have the specific depth of experience that role needs. Honestly, I don't want much more than a secure job, really don't want more responsibilities. Anyway, I felt I had to say the right things to let her know that I want to know what I need to do to ensure I fit into the future structure. Not that she will control that. Bleh. Hate this chit.

Okay, NOW I'm off. TTFN.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #52  

Oh, there's the avatar. Guess I didn't fail. That's my guy Coal.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #53  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Sorry I didn't make it in here yesterday. Our long distance phone as well as the internet were out a good part of the day yesterday. It would come back for a few minutes and then go right back out again. Mr. Bear came back last night and took out our bird feeders and we had just replaced one on Monday that the raccoon broke. If we continue to feed the birds we will have to take the feeders out at night and put them out in the daytime, just as we do with the hummingbird feeders. A couple of deer are pregnant - they should be dropping the fawns in about 2 weeks and right now they are really gobbling up the corn so we feel bad about cutting off their food right now. The snow is slowly melting and the grass has not yet started to grow so while there are bugs for the turkeys, there's not much in the way of greenery to chew on. The bear must be a pretty big one, DH relocated a suet cage and the bear got at it just reaching up whereas DH had to get on a ladder to place it. Don't want to be running into THAT in the dark. He went to chop more broken branches and took his pistol with him.

We took a ride yesterday and went to a place that used to have good pizza but shut down when the owners stopped paying their taxes. A couple that own a successful bar in another town purchased this one and they just opened last week with a limited menu. We walked in at 5pm on a weeknight and there were 8 people at the bar drinking so I guess the locals were missing their watering hole Kinda pathetic actually... The pizza was excellent - we will go there again for sure. The couple next to us said the burgers and fries were really good too. The bartender / waitress said they will be expanding their menu shortly as they get all settled in. We got to talking about the popcorn shop as we used to sell a lot of single serving packages of popcorn to the bar that purchased this new place. That bar is also where the owners went a lot apparently so they knew them well. The bartender confirmed what I suspected - that they are truly done with the business. I thought they might have left it for sale but opened it for the lucrative summer season just around the corner but it appears not. She said they may have a buyer for it. That would be good - they had darn good popcorn. And an established business, equipment and a loyal following. It's a very labor intense, physically demanding business though over the summer season. DH said if we were younger we might consider it but I said no way we could even think to do it now.

Laura - love the Coal avatar! Sounds like it was a pain to get it up and going but it was worth it. Great picture! And congrats to you on the nice weight loss. You are in the home stretch for sure and just in time for summer. That's terrific. As for the exercise class, I guess there is a place for instructors like that - some hard core people at the gym complain that they don't take classes because they are too "soft" - they are hard bodies looking for a Jillian which is ok as long as there is a variety for everyone. I guess the good thing with them transitioning in the new replacement is that you get to see ahead of time who they will be bringing in and how that person will fit in with what you are used to. Hope it's good for all involved, though it's hard when someone you really like is leaving Interesting WW comment but I'm not sure I agree with it. I NEVER have a problem overeating when the food comes out so-so It's when it tastes really good that it's hard to stop at a small portion and focus on each little bite.

Mel - don't work too hard today. No way you would have ever seen the aurora where you are with the city lights - would have to be in upstate NY for that. We haven't seen them yet up this way - I've looked a few times when they were supposed to be active, but nothing yet and we have real dark sky conditions. However, the dancing ribbon stuff you see in pictures on TV and such are in places like Norway and Alaska - WAY up there in the frigid cold. We would more than likely see a greenish cast to the sky or something that looked like city lights from afar with green subdued light.

Shad - I am sorry to hear about the medical concerns. I DO hope it will turn out to be nothing of worry. How did the luncheon go? Any news on the training initiative?

Annie - glad to hear that Lil Man's surgery went well. Didn't realize he was having that done. Seems like a very common procedure now. I guess that's way better than the poor kids suffering through constant earaches and the like.

Michelle - hope all is continuing to go well on the new job and the new town.

Ceejay - that was a stroke of luck that the coworker noticed the nail in the tire. With all the driving that you do, you certainly don't need a blow out on the road. How did your sleuthing go yesterday with the tricky filter?

Looks like the clouds are moving in - we are supposed to lose our nice weather to a cool front with some rain. I need to go put away the lawn furniture cushions and get myself productive. Funny how the house is not nearly as warm as when the sun is streaming through the windows.

Happy Hump Day all
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #54  
Happy September

TIME FOR ANOTHER BREAK.
GENERAL FOODS FRENCH VANILLA LATTE & A BISCOTTI.
NOT EXACTLY WEIGHT LOSS FOODS!!
DAY IS ALMOST OVER AND I WILL JUST SHOWER AND WATCH TV. NOTHING NEW HERE AT ALL. RAIN PREDICTED TILL SUNDAY AFTERNOON. WHAT A DREARY WEEK!!
THAT'S IT FOR TODAY. HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON.

ANNIE....SOMEHOW I MISSED THE PART ABOUT LIL MAN'S SURGERY.
VERY HAPPY TO HEAR IT ALL WENT WELL.
I ALMOST CRIED ABOUT DAD'S COMMENT TO SISSY TOO;cry:
WE'RE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF WEEPING WILLOWS!!!

LAURA....THOUGHT I WAS GOING BLIND WITH THE OTHER DOG
TOO FRASSING FUNNY.
I LOVE COAL'S PIC. BLACK IS TOUGH TO GET RIGHT AND YOU DID IT!
AS FOR THE PHONE...YOU WILL LAUGH AT THIS:
HOUSING BOUGHT ME A NEW ONE IT'S FROM VERIZON A "G'Z ONE".
WHAT EVER THE F_CK THAT IS. i WAS PLAYING AROUND WITH IT.
SO FAR SOMEHOW I LOST THE ENTIRE FRONT PAGE OF ICONS.
BUT I FOUND A "LIVE" WALLPAPER.
COMPLETE WITH WALKING CAMELS AND MIRAGES!!
I HAVEN'T STOPPED LAUGHING & PLAYING WITH IT SINCE I FOUND IT!!
HOPE YOU FIND SOME HUMOR IN YOUR NEW ONE TOO!!
BUT THEN LITTLE THINGS STILL AMUSE THE CRAP OUT OF ME.
ONLY ONE PROBLEM...WHILE PLAYING WITH IT...
I SOMEHOW SET AN EMERGENCY ALERT FOR FLASH FLOODS.
THE DANG THING WENT OFF AND I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!
IT WAS SOOOOOOO LOUD AND FRANTIC!! ROFLMAO
CONGRATS ON THE 2.2 LB LOSS!! WTG!!!
AND THANK GOD NOTHING HIT YOU ON THE HEAD WITH THE GARAGE!!!
"TIGHTER ASSETS"....KEEP THE JOKES COMING....I NEED THEM

CEEJAY.....YOU CAN COME HERE & PLAY DETECTIVE WITH OUR FRASSING LEAK.
ONE DAY IT'S GONE AND THE NEXT IT SHOWS UP!!! LOL
HOPE YOUR FILTER SYSTEM STAYS WORKING.
MAYBE IF YOU VERBALLY THREATEN IT IT WILL KEEP GOING.
WORKS ON PLANTS AND BRAIN-DEAD MEN!!

HAPPY....FIND A HUNTING LICENSE FOR BEAR AND GO GET HIM!!!
GEEZ HE'S GOT TO BE A TALL ONE. OMG
TOO BAD ABOUT THE POPCORN LADY AND THE PIZZA PLACE.
GLAD THE FOOD WAS GOOD & THEY HAVE SOME GOOD BURGERS....MY FAVE!!!
I LOVE BEEF!!! Mooooooo =

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #55  

The filters ran fine for me. Not had any trouble with them as yet. But the night shift is where it's all happening. The bosses changed out a few parts and nothing happened last night. Fingers crossed that this fixed everything.

Yeah in 1.5 more hours I'm officially on vacation. Heading to Missouri. I will spend the night on Thursday but not sure where before I get to Branson. Hope the weather holds. My friend in Jonesboro is going with me.

-----
Laura
A good picture of Cole.

Happy
Ugh on the bear. I'd be afraid to go outside by myself with a bear that big.

Mel
Guess you didn't mind going to the office today. Gives you something different to do.

Shad
Sending you good vibes concerning the medical concerns. Believe me I do not want another biopsy in that area as long as I live. Unless they sedate me.

Annie and Michelle
Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #56  
Choose your hard

Happy vacation Ceejay - you deserve a break and a good time. Hope you have fun - safe travels to you. And good weather.

Mel - you crack me up with the new phone. I'm afraid I'd be the same way losing icons and not knowing how to answer the blinking thing. Maybe you can lose enough stuff so you can't answer when the office is looking for you
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #57  
Happy September

SAFE TRAVELS CEEJAY!! WE'LL MISS YOU.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOUR FRIEND & THE FAMILY!

HAPPY....I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT THE PHONE!
THE BOSS CALLED AND IT VIBRATED AND I DIDN'T HAVE IT WITH ME.
IT WAS SITTING ON A TABLE.
SO I NEVER "HEARD" IT. HA!!!!
IT GOT SO BAD FIGURING THIS OUT LAST WEEK THAT I HAD MY DOORBELL CHANGED TO ANOTHER CHEAPER CELLPHONE.
OUR DOORBELLS IN THE LOBBY RING OUR PHONES.
THEN WE PUSH #3 TO LET THE PERSON IN AFTER TALKING TO THEM..
THE COPS HATE THIS SYSTEM AS YOU AN IMAGINE.
TENENATS KEEP HANGING UP INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM IN
I KNEW I COULD NEVER ANSWER THIS PHONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
SO I CHANGED IT THURSDAY LAST.
HAVE A GREAT BEAR-LESS DAY!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
NOTHING NEW HERE TO REPORT.
PART OF ME IS GLAD THAT IT WILL RAIN TILL SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
TENANTS ARE GETTING SLEEPIER AS THE DAYS GO BY!! LOL
I AM HIDING TODAY. HAVE A SUPER DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-09-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #58  

I'm getting the last things packed. I need to go to the bank and car wash.

I was furious when I got home. The lawn had been mowed, but not manicured as I call it I called B and he said that I told him to wait till this week end so it had to be my neighbor. I told her last week NOT to mow this yard. I sent her a text message but she has not yet responded. I'm NOT paying her either. I've put a do not disturb note on the door until I get ready to leave.

Have a good day every one.

I've looked at the radar this morning and we have some rain possible heavy rain with thunder and lightening in them. So keep us in your thoughts.

I'm taking my tablet so I'll have communication.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #59  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Safe travels, and have a wonderful vacation! Hope you don't run into the heavy rain/storms on the way. So does the neighbor just go ahead and mow thinking you'll pay her even if you didn't want her to mow?? Ridiculous and so nervy! I hope the filter situation is fixed by the time you return to work.

Mel - Love the gingerbread man's cocoa hottub, LOL!! Your mention of biscotti has made me miss it. Usually just a Sunday morning thing, but still, I miss it. Good thing Trader Joe's seems to keep changing the variety they sell, now I just take a pass on it. I can empathize with the phone challenges - these smartphones are too smart for their own good! (Because I don't want to say I'm too stupid to work it, rofl.) Too funny re the emergency alert going off! I wasn't sure what "live" wallpaper was so I avoided that - figured it might use up extra battery or too much of my data plan, haha. Might have to check them out sometime just for fun though. Hey, that Tighter Assets class is no joke!! My burning quads could tell you that!

Happy - I bet you're looking forward to seeing little fawns sometime soon. Your ride and pizza sounded like a nice afternoon. It's fortunate to have the food quality remain good in spite of ownership changes. Hope the popcorn shop reopens with the same good product. Thanks for reminding me of a positive about the instructor from the other night - she did give options to make the moves more or less challenging, so that's good.

Annie - How's your week going - did you enjoy your breakfast at Panera? I like their salads!

Michelle - Hope your first week is going well. So do you get to work from home this Friday??? Wouldn't that be nice!

Shad - Hope the rest of the med appts are going smoothly and not too painful on the wallet.

===
Nothing much to report from here. It's cloudy right now and we're forcast to get some heavy storms later today. Boo. We'll see if I cycle home or not.

Okay, off to be productive.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Cool and rainy morning although we seem to be just below the leading edge of the rain clouds so it's mostly spitting out there. It's alright with me, sump pump has been running constantly for the last 3 days draining the water away from the house foundation - we don't need any more water quite yet. It is chilly though.

Yesterday we went bopping around town and one of our stops was to the nursery - they have beautiful veggie plants in. We had stopped to pick up some deer corn so the back of the truck was full - no room for plants. I'm thinking it might be better to go back today rather than the weekend. The lady said the Early Girl - early crop tomatoes will go quickly so don't wait too long. There are a couple of places here including the hardware and grocery store that get plants but I found the ones that held up the best came from the nursery so I'm paying the extra and going that route. We're in a bit of a dip of cool weather - brushing freezing at night so if I buy plants that means the greenhouse goes up too. We're only putting out a little bit of corn in the late afternoon - enough to feed the party of 5 that comes early. And we're only doing that because of the pregnant does. I'm sure they were used to more corn and go away slightly hungry - I did notice them coming back late for more but we have to make sure there is nothing there when the bear makes it's way through so that he moves on to some other place. No sign of him yesterday.

Laura - last year I was getting frustrated because DH only saw a passing glance of a fawn a couple of times and I always seemed to miss it. Finally I think it was July when Momma came around regularly with the little one. They are so cute and little. I guess the moms are very protective of them - the DNR is asking for volunteers to help radio collar the babies and they said be prepared for hiking long distances in dense brush AND the mommas will NOT make it easy for you to get to the little ones. Oh sign me up for THAT job - ticks AND protective deer moms I'm thinking that if someone buys the popcorn shop they'd just operate it as a turn key business - use the same suppliers, same recipes - you could just step in and run it as it was with a day's training and then make tweeks as you go along and figure things out for yourself. If it does get ugly and rainy when you are done with work will BF pick you and the bicycle up after work? Does Coal skip his walk or do you just put a slicker on and sing in the rain?

Ceejay - those neighbors of yours are something else. I would not pay them either for the lawn. You already said you had someone else to do it. Don't get sucked into their game. You have to be civil since they are right there but if they figure out you can't be conned or guilted, perhaps they will find someone else to bug. Have a good trip - hope the weather is decent for the road.

Mel - that's kind of funny with the tenants hanging up on the visitors forgetting to buzz them in. I guess you are so used to having a village of people all around that you would go stir crazy switching to life up my way. I just can't deal with masses of people any more. But I guess it's also sometimes entertaining with their antics too.

Well I guess I'd better go get busy. Have a good one all. Hello to the rest of the chicks.