Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to

• I MISSED MAY DAY!!

HAPPY......THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING A NEW MONTH.
    I WAS TIRED OF THE OLD ONE!
    ALSO...THANKS FOR BRINGING US ALL UP TO DATE ON EACH OTHER
    WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE ONCOMING STORM I THOUGHT OF YOU!!
    SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU GOT HIT AGAIN. HOPE IT MELTS FAST.
    ENJOY THE WALKS IN BETWEEN THE SNOWDRIFTS!!!
    I KEEP THINKING THE DAY WILL COME WHEN I HAVE TO GET MY HAIR CUT SHORT.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME INCENTIVE.....LOL. GLAD IT WORKED OUT.

SHAD...MISS PUSS IS HAVING TO GET USED TO A ROUTINE WITH YOU??
    I WONDER SOMETIMES WHAT CATS THINK WHEN THEY COME & GO FROM THE HOUSE.
    WHAT GOES ON INSIDE THOSE FUZZY HEADS OF THEIRS.
    YOU'RE GOING TO NEED A VACATION WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH ALL THIS WORK.
    IT CERTAINLY IS FILLING UP YOUR DAYS HOME.

CEEJAY.....HOPE YOUR HEADACHE IS GONE.
    WATCHING WATER AND BOATS IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE.
    WATER HAS A VERY CALMING INFLUENCE ON OUR MINDS & BODIES.
    YOU CAN HAVE A "VACATION SPACE" TO GO TO JUST TO SIT AND NOT THINK!

LAURA....THAT WAS GREAT WEIGH-IN!! VERY NICE!!
    14LBS IS NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    THE BF DID A GREAT JOB ON THE OPHOMES TOO!!
    YOU GUYS ARE ON A ROLL. HOPE YOU GET A GOOD BUY TOO.
    WE NEED HIS NEGOTIATING SKILLS HERE!!! DOES HE HIRE OUT!! ROFLMAO

ANNIE....HOW GOES THE PACKAGING???
    HOPE THE ENROLLMENT THINGY GOES WELL. ONE OF YOUR MANY HATS.
    SO HOW ARE THE HOGGENDOBBERS DOING???
    I KNEW YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET YOUR POOPY SISTER!!
    "THINGS" HERE ARE JUST...MOVING ALONG I GUESS.
    SOMETIMES I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS.

MICHELLE....GLAD TO HEAR YOU MADE IT TO YOUR DESTINATION!!
    THANK GOD YOU AND YOUR FRIEND ARE SAFE AND SOUND.
    THAT WAS WONDERFUL OF HER TO GO WITH YOU.
    GOOD LUCK UNLOADING AND AGAIN ON MONDAY WITH THE NEW JOB.
    SAFE TRAVELS TO THE FRIEND BACK TO WI TOO

l LIFE SEEMS TO BE DEALING ME TOO MANY LEMONS.
    I FEEL LIKE I AM SURROUNDED BY NAYSAYERRS & BAD LUCK.
    I KNOW THIS TOO SHALL PASS BUT WHAT A MESS TO WAKE UP TO.
    I THINK OUR FAIRY GODMOTHER GOT LOST OR HER WAND IS BROKEN.
    JEN & I WERE LAUGHING ABOUT THAT LAST NIGHT.
    I AM TAKING TODAY OFF AND MAKING A 3 DAY WEEKEND.
    WE BOUGHT EVERYTHING WE NEED AT TJ'S YESTERDAY.
    THE DAY ENDED WITH JEN GOING TO THE ER.TO GET PAIN PILLS.
    THE DR SAID A FEW DAYS ON MEDS SHOULD GET HER GOING AGAIN.
    THE BUS STOPPED VERY SHORT ON THE WAY HOME FROM TJ'S.
    3 OF US GOT WHIPLASH TYPE BODY PAINS.
    JEN'S WERE THE WORST. A MAN & I HAVE MILD PAIN.
    I THINK I JUST TOLD THE STORY BACKWARDS....SORRY
    ANYWAY....WE ARE RESTING & MAYBE GET SOME SUNSHINE THIS WEEKEND.
    WORK ON OUR TANS!!
  • MELLIE...if you and the man are having pain, try a different position. lol
  • Morning all. TGIF!!

Mel - Sorry you and Jen are in pain from the bus ride - glad you're taking a 3-day weekend, sounds like you need the downtime. I hope you get the sunshine out your way and it helps brighten your mood.

Annie - LOL re Mel & the man's position, heehee. And you're right, TMI re your dad's spongebath!!!

Ceejay - Hope you woke up with no headache today and no doorbells or phones ringing with neighbors asking favors of you. A trip to the river just to sit and enjoy, reflect, whatever, sounds nice.

Shad - Hearing about you cleaning the tops of the cupboards makes me appreciate that ours go up to the ceiling, no tops to clean. But it also reminds me I have the insides to clean out - the ones with the drawers inside really collect dirt, dust and dog hair!! And Annie mentioned the top of the fridge... I'll let you know how the phone works out, I'll probably be getting it within the next week. I do agree that it really is a racket that when you get a new gadget it takes a different charger. So when we sell my iPhone we'll sell it with the charger and the car charger, just hate to find that stuff hanging around the house when you've gotten rid of the gadget years ago...and while I'm at it, I now understand that I can't get the close captioning on the MOTG dvd to work because our hookup uses an HDMI cable and not an analog one, so the CC cannot be decoded or displayed. Bleh. BF will add an analog connection and then it will be possible. Of course the picture quality will suffer, but in this case I'll accept that so I can have the CC and make out the dialog I always miss when I watch that show. End of Laura's technology whining.

Happy - I hope you haven't lost the tree to the ice weighing it down.

Michelle - Hope you and your friend enjoyed the redwoods and the beach. I just loved visiting Muir Woods, seeing those huge trees was something else.
    ==

Nothing much to report. Wore my winter jacket today and gloves and ear warmers. Bleh. Thoroughly sick of this chilly weather that keeps coming back to depress us. Definitely glad to not be going to the ballgame today.

Our spa day/night was cancelled for tomorrow because my friend D's aunt is in serious medical condition and D and her sis are the only family she has to be there for her. I'm disappointed, but she needs to be there, and it turns out this weather is not the best for what I hoped was to be spent partially outdoors. And I won't be getting my massage. Heck, maybe I should schedule one somewhere local...On the bright side, I won't have to miss my kettlebell class.

Sunday is Cinco de Mayo, so I plan to celebrate with some sort of Mexican food. Yum. Anyone else gonna celebrate? Oh, and isn't the Kentucky Derby this weekend? I'll see if I can spare two minutes to watch the race, LOL.
  • LAURA...yes Kentucky derby this weekend. All of our Louisville associates are not in the office today. Just says "private appointment" on their calendars. Right, if we did that we would get fired. bleh. Funny you would choose kettleball over a massage, girl there is something wrong with you. I don't know that I will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo, but will certainly be having mexican food.

Just got a call from my brother. My dad is being moved to the rehab this afternoon at 2pm. YEAH!!!

Later chickies.
  • Hi Guys,
    On top of all this snow it appears that some freezing rain is on it's way. This is NOT good for the poor trees that are already bent down and stressed out. In addition to the one tree that went down, we have several really large branches down, some of which might be big enough to stress/damage the health of the tree itself. Adding ice on top of it will not help in the least bit.

Then there is the matter of the library. A month ago I returned a bag of about 10 items - cds for me and 4 books that DH selected to read. Seems that everything was checked back in save for 1 book. I went back and looked on the shelf - saw 3 of the books all together (all the same author he was reading) but not the missing book. DH talked to the librarian who said they would look for the book. Came back a week later - no book. This time I talked to the librarian who said no one had looked for the book - their routine is to have 3 separate people look for a book when one goes missing just to be thorough. She assured me that this time they would indeed look for the book. The next day she called, said they looked, the book did not turn up. We were pretty sure we returned the book but could not say for sure if we did or not since I had simply picked up all the books from the kitchen table and bagged them and did not remember this book apart from the others I returned. The fact that 3 books were altogether on the shelf gave credence to the fact that maybe we did leave one of the books at the hospital / hotel although DH swears not. I asked if I had to replace the missing book - the librarian said that is the policy. So I ordered a new book from half dot com - my go to place for older, inexpensive purchases of books and cds and such. The new book was cheap and with shipping it was under 5 dollars. I ordered it and it's on it's way. In the interim I renewed the missing book so that it would not slip into the overdue category - fines are expensive and add up quickly. All the while the missing book was showing checked out to me. Yesterday I was making a note of a book I recently read and went to my library record to get the exact title. I see that the missing book is no longer on my checked out list. I did a look up and it appears to be sitting on a shelf available for check out. Which appears that they found the missing book. Now I saw this after midnight so I am just speculating on what I see. It's too crappy today to venture out, but I have to return a book tomorrow. If indeed I see that book, I am going to be really upset. And I feel I am justified in this as 1) they didn't check in the book like they were supposed to, 2) they didn't look for the book the first time like they said they would, 3) they told me they looked and said they could not find the book, 4) apparently they did find it and no one bothered to tell me and 5) now I am out the money for a replacement book I did not have to replace. I could perhaps return the book but I would still be out of pocket for the $8 shipping costs each way so not worth it to get a refund. I will say that going forward I will make sure that when I return books, I will insist they check them back in as I am standing there. DH said next time just don't replace the book if they do it again.

We looked out the window this morning and saw a robin huddling down in a sort of snow cave by the side of the garage. Poor thing was probably wondering "I came north for THIS???" By the looks of the critters out there - birds, deer, turkeys - they are all hankering for spring to show up so they can go back to eating bugs and grass. They look like me stalking the floor waiting for some good pizza to get finished baking

Weather should start to turn back tomorrow - I hope so. DH picked up my birthday present - a cool lounger swing type of thing. I have been wanting a hammock for years and years and admittedly they take up a lot of space. We saw this swing at the home improvement store and it met DH's seal of approval so I said it would be a good compromise. Hopefully by next week it will be warm enough to try it out on the deck

Laura - you changed your avatar. You need a picture of Coal I hear you about having trouble hearing some of the DVDs - particularly if the characters have accents. I had a tough time on Downton Abbey with the Irish maid. My solution was to watch them on my laptop and use my good headphones. Low tech solution! Sorry your spa day got cancelled - there are plenty of places around I imagine. Perhaps you can still book a massage on your own. I know, more fun with friends and drinks, right? Not planning on anything specific for Cinco De Mayo but I have had a taste for Mexican food. The bars here do Mexican night but it's about the same as cooking up a package of frozen food. There is a really good Mexican restaurant in the next town but it's an hour's drive each way. We usually stop there if we have another reason to go there like visiting Kohls or Menards. We had chicken fajitas last night. I also made a pineapple/mango/black bean salsa that I like. Lo cal, nutritious and refreshing. What I wouldn't give for a Tom-Tom tamale Congratulations on the 14 pounds off - great job!!!!

Since I'm on food - I also made some snow ice cream yesterday. That was interesting. More like ice milk than ice cream. ( I guess I should go eat some breakfast/brunch - you think???)

Mel - one thing I will say about the shorter hair, it is less stressful and I'm not pulling as many hairs out of my brush as I was before. If you've had long hair always, short would be a culture shock - but it would be easier to handle. Do you let your hair air dry now? Sorry you guys got whiplash - perhaps the drivers need to be educated that there are special considerations with the passengers. I mean it is NY but unless you are slamming to avoid an accident, be careful with the precious cargo buddy Reading your post today I can't help but think that perhaps you are not being dealt lemons, perhaps the universe is throwing lemons at you in an effort to get you to back off from the lemonheads in your building who stress you out. You are a naturally helpful person and sometimes (well oftentimes actually) I think these people substitute you so that the people who should be caring can slack off. (Lazy buggers ) and the lemons tossed your way is just a means of getting you to shrug and say, Hey I gotta worry about Mel. And Jen. Sorry guys. Leave them the lemons and go have yourself a frap in the comfort of your home. Remember guys - YOU MADE ME BE THIS WAY. I know you don't want to abandon people but geez, sometimes those seniors forget to be grateful for your help too.

Annie - funny story about Dad's winkie. When DH was in the hospital the nurses always gave him the washcloth and told him to "finish the job" - it was up to him if the winkie got clean or stayed funky This nurse must have been extra helpful or Dad has a good pity look Anyway, you made me smile today. OMG - you're a flip flopper. Ok, yes you know those are horrid for your feet - I know 2 people who had to have extensive surgery because they tripped in them. I will just say that there is no support at all which over time, will make your feet all turny and gnarly looking - toes turned and joints popping up. Ewwwwww. There has to be some way of capturing the bare feeling with just a tad more support in the sandal. Please look into this or I will start eating vanilla ice cream again

Michelle - hope you are settled in and had a good tour with your friend. 90 degrees is whew - too HOT. But I wouldn't mind seeing the ocean again. Have fun and be careful unpacking.

Ceejay - what a pretty picture you paint with words about the boat on the river. That's what's nice about getting up in the early morning - that special peacefulness that is so enjoyable. Hope your headache went away.

Shad - I don't know why the cabinets get so dirty either - not like we fry up everything like we used to. So Miss Sunday is a walking seed spreader at least she will keep the birds from gobbling them up. Hope you had a productive day yesterday. Did you take that downtime time out and what did you do?

Well I think I'll go finish the berries before they go bad. Not sure if I'd do hot oatmeal or cold yogurt. I'm leaning towards hot at the moment. Have a good day ladies, the weekend is almost upon us...
  • Laura
    I'd forgotten about the Kentucky Derby. Yes, it's usually the first Saturday in May. It's cold down here too. My hand still have not thawed. There is even some snow in the North West part of Arkansas.

Annie
    I laughed out loud when I read you message to Mel.

------

Called my insurance company to find out whether or not I can still use my doctor in Jonesboro with out being charged for an urgent care visit. His office is in an Urgent Care building.
    My doctor here had to go back to Taiwan to bury his dad.

Woke up with out the headache this morning. Yeah. I took two Bayer Migraine tablets. Should have taken the prescription.
  • Evening all,

Shu wee -as Annie would say. I think I will go get another job. This spring cleaning lark is tough stuff. I've done about half the kitchen cupboards. Thrown out a raft of stuff, put other stuff in a box, and packed up everything of the DS2's stuff. I will cart some of it round to his place tomorrow and the rest when he is not looking. I now have some empty kitchen cupboards and clean glassware.
    I also have two big bowls full of tomatoes to deal with and more ripening by the day. So will have to do something with those shortly.

Annie - got a giggle out of Dad telling you about his bed bath. Hope it wasn't the Sergeant Major Nurse. She would have had the family jewels mounted and shined. My only complaint about the weather is that it is cool in the morning.

Laura - My cupboards go to the ceiling as well or nearly and then there is a filler and the moulding. However the cupboard doors stand out from the cabinet carcass and therefore collect dust and grease and steam. Not as bad as the old kitchen cabinets which didn't go up to the ceiling and were a disgrace and horrid to clean.
    I'm a bit of a technology whinger myself. But I generally manage to swear my way through the ordeal. If that doesn't work, then I call Robbie - fixit superman of the computer.

Mel - I have bought your fairy godmother a new wand. It looks remarkably like a cattle prod. Things have to get better soon surely

Happy - snow, snow and more snow. Don't envy you. I'm complaining because it is cool in the mornings. Stupid Librarians. Next time don't be in too much of a hurry to get on with buying a new one. Had a similar problem at the local library once. However I knew I had taken the book back. So I stood there until they found it. Wouldn't give up and got louder and louder. Fortunately for them, some women came up with the very book to get it checked out after about half an hour. She said that she was on the waiting list for it and found it on the shelf - so they copped another serve on not letting members know the book was in. By that time I was trying very hard not to laugh.
    Yes I did take the downtime. Sat in the sun and read a book.

Anyway, better go and call today as a done deal. More things to do tomorrow and the next day, and the next day so I should cart myself off to bed and get some rest - oh that's right. No rest for the wicked.

• Good Morning chicks

A wee bit chilly on the east coast still.
    Yesterday I ended up working.
    Took the maint. men by the hands to look for the leak.
    We did find a toilet problem but not the leak I think.
    We'll see how the weekend goes.

The night was quiet and this morning you could hear a pin drop.
    Talked to the plumber last night. Monday is a better day for both of us.
    Then he can deal with the maint men & the office. Not my job.
    Jen feeling much better too. Meds are working.
    Nothing else is new here.
    Hope you all have a great weekend

Shad.....I can see where work will be a vacation after your spring cleaning!!
    I am sure DS is thrilled with your boxing his stuff up and dropping it off!!
    Making more work for him as well????

Ceejay....Glad you are feeling better without the headache.
    Did the Ins Co let you use the urgent care Dr??
    Things are so tricky now with all these ins changes.

Happy....sorry about the library and the snow.
    Neither of which I want to happen here
    Hope they do have the book and the case is closed.....lol
    You are right about the bldg.
    But it is the office more than the seniors.
    No one is playing nice in the sand box.
    Mainly because there is no ADULT supervision!
    I use a blow dryer still. My hair is a bit nutsy when it dries on it's own.

Annie....very glad to hear about Dad.
    Hope he does well in the rehab

Laura...sorry to hear about your friend's relative.
    Maybe a good thing and you can get a massage and not go home in the cold!
    Winter seems to be hanging on a bit.
    Enjoy the kettlebell class. Happy Cinco De Mayo!!
  • Morning all,

Woke up with a dreadful headache. Probably has something to do with the weather. I was also hoping that it would rain and wash the snow away but that is not the case. We got just the teeniest bit of rain which has just made everything heavy, wet and sloggy. I am concerned about the trees at this point.

Mel - I keep forgetting that it's the office people who make up 90 percent of the drama at your place. People get that way when there's no leader. Glad you can step away from it. Also good to hear Jen is on the mend again.

Shad - ah to have the "problem" of what to do with 2 bowls of tomatoes fresh out of the garden Send 'em here I'm sure you will find a great way to deal with them. I hear you on the debate of housework vs office work - cleaning is not bad when you are in the mood for it but it can get time consuming and sometimes make a bigger mess than when you started out.

Ceejay - isn't it more the way the doctor charges for the bill rather than the insurance company treating it as urgent care? Hope it got straightened out - and not the roundabout way like your furniture adventure.

Guess all the rest of the chicks are Saturday weekend busy. I'm going to go find something for this headache - perhaps a hot shower and get on with the day. Have a good weekend.
  • Good afternoon youngins....

My bro from Illinois is in this weekend, ran into him at the rehap while visiting dad. He wanted to know if he and his fam could stay here memorial weekend. Bleh. I love company, but not them. His wife hates me cause I did not go down to Destin when her daughter got married....I was broke, single, and had no way going. That was like 4 years ago. Not excited to have THAT company.

Dad's PT (physical therapy) will start on Monday as they do NOTHING on the weekends. His roommate is a dryed up man that cannot talk, eat or anything for himself. I had top run down to the nurses station to tell them dad's roommate was falling out of his bed. Evidently the gal feeding him forgot to put his head bed back down, so he was sliding out of bed. Wonder why they don't place like people together....just a thought.

Yikes HAPPY...hope the head starts to feel better. I had to take some ibuprofen while visiting dad...I had a Chuck (my bro) headache. That guy and wife stresses me out. He has another thing coming if he thinks he is staying her every holiday...I will fib and say I already have company or something. Too sad about your trees. You will have to plant more so OUR commune looks pretty! lol And do not eat the ice cream...it will stick to your behind! I will only flip flop when necessary otherwise bare feet for sure!

MELLIE...why is it everything happens on Friday or the weekend then you have to deal with it all? Glad Jen is on the mend. You all are continually in my prayers. hugs

SHADDIE...for a medium fee, I will do your spring cleaning and you can go to work. I really wouldn't mind being a kept woman and don't care who is keeping me...lol. I say once you reach 50 anything goes. Of course there is the subject of my new husband...package deal!!

CEEG...fighting a headache right along with HAPPY. Let me stomp on your toe then you will forget about your head. lol

Better post and think about din din for C. ETA on C tonight is 7pm...GOD love him.
  • Happy and Mel,
    I did call the insurance company to ask. They told me that he was family practice and when I told them that I had to have an appointment to see him but he is in an Urgent Care building. She told me to watch how they charged to make sure. I've looked on some old EOB's and they are charging me for only an office visit.

Happy
    I talked to my sister in Missouri last night and she told me they had 3 inches of snow. Hope that the snow doesn't do any damage to the tree's.

Shad
    Wow once you get started to cleaning you clean. I have to take my good ole easy time. My joints give out to easily. You reminded me that I need to go through the things in the freezer and cabinets. I don't want another episode of exploding cans.

Mel
    A running toilet can raise the water bill.
    Think my headache the other day was due to the weather also. That's one thing I could do with out.

Laura
    Did you go to an exercise class today?
    ------------
    Drove to Jonesboro in heavy rain yesterday, but I really needed my b12 injection. When I go in next month I'm going to have them ex-ray my knee's. They both have been painful during this last cold rain we've had. It will be time for refills also.
  • Annie
    You snuck in on me. No thank you for stomping the toe. Good for you in going for help on your dad's room mate.
  • Evening Worldlies.

Ceejay- sounds like you'll have to watch your dr bills to make sure you don't get overcharged. Re the exercise class, yes I went to one this morning - the "4 G" - glutes, guns, guts & glory. Silly name, I think the 4th G should be gams instead of glory because we always do a lot of leg work too.

Annie- the IL bro & SIL sound like very poor company, def try to avoid those houseguests. Do they just want lodging for the Indy race?? Well, maybe a weekend w/ his roomie will have dad raring to go for the pt on Monday - he'll want to be able to go home!! Headaches are going around - ceeg, happy, you...boo on that!

Shad - I'm tired just reading about your cleaning endeavors!! Yeh, cabinets pick up a bit of everything that sprays, spatters & splashes. They need a good wipe down every so often, that's for sure. Re tech stuff, I leave the cursing & teeth- gnashing to bf. he's on the ph w/ tech support right now & I'm at the opposite end of the house, of course.

Happy - jeez what a mess re the "missing" library book. I'm sure you'll be watching them check your books back in from now on.

Mel - glad all 's quiet, or was - who knows now that the time has passed?? Glad jen's feeling better. Happy cinco de mayo to u too!!! Any special menu for tomorrow?

Phone is about to die, so I'll update later or tomorrow about my weekend so far, not that there's much to tell...toodles for now.
  • Morning Chicks.

2 alarms last night and I am bushed.
    Had to go to the bathroom so I thought I better drop innow.
    Going back to bed for awhile.
    Nothing else is new. Hope you all have a great day.

Laura....nothing much here to tell either. Have a good Sunday.

Ceejay...Hope the dr visit went ok.
    We've ben having achy knees this year too.
    I don't want to know the reason why

Annie....poor Dad with his roomie.
    They should put like people together.
    that poor man!! I can just see it too!
    good luck with the company!
    I can imagine how you feel

Happy...how's the head??? Your weather is a mess over there.
    sure hope the sun comes out and gets rid of everything.
    Feel better soon.

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!
    LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

• It is raining here today...lovely. Poor C didn't get home from work til 8:30 last night, don't know that vacay was worth all the extra work he has had to do since the fill in drive didn't do sh*t, left a lot of product on the truck therefore C did not get a paycheck last week. Thank GOD he got his tax checks back. The ole Peter Paul trick.

I got the hard crunchy part of crab ragoon stuck in my throat then is must of ripped up my throat on the way down cause I can hardly sallow today. Feels like I got my tonsils out again. Soft smushy foods for me, no Mexican. Maybe refried beans...NOT. Miserable.

MELLIE....what a great day to go back to bed. C and I woke up at 6am, chatted for a few minutes, then I got up and he went back to sleep. So you two are sleeping together? lol

LAURA...that workout should be called Good Giggly Wiggly, God Help me! lol You should be about buff by now....happy and proud for you!

CEEG...you really should check into getting the B12 shots prescribed so you can give yourself the shot and save the drive. Hope the knees are not arthritis, sounds like it as it is weather related.

CHELLE...hope you are settling in nicely. Goodluck at your first day at work. I am extremely impressed and proud of you. xoxo

SHADDIE....are you still catering to Sunday? lol

HAPPY....how's the head today? Are you snowed under or is it melting now? How are your feet feeling?

Gotta get DS & DD are meeting us at Cs to do the final touches before the renters move in next weekend.

Loves and Hugs.