Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #196  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

quick post for me this morning. I'll try and type more later. After work, I'm going out to dinner and a movie with a friend. Step-mom and step-brother said they'll tag team on watching Santa for me. So sweet of them. Step-mom even offered to watch him today so I could save money on day care, but I opted for day care anyway. It tires Santa out so much that he'll be good (aka sleepy) tonight for them. If I wasn't going out tonight then I'd take her up on her offer...but Santa is my responsibility. I don't want to burden her...not that he's a burden, but you probably know what I mean.

Annie - I loved the conversation between you and Ainsley! So sweet! I hope you have a wonderful time with the lil man. Is Ainsley going with your daughter and her bf? Or will you have her too?

Mel - I'm super excited about your new chair! I hope you are able to get the rest you need. Make sure you make time to MEDITATE!! That seemed to help you a lot. I need to get back into regular meditation too.

Happy - It got really chilly here last night. I woke up to a cold room...and I closed my windows. It didn't dip down below freezing, but it was in the low 40s, which is cold at night for here (at least this time of year).

Big and to everyone!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #197  

Morning all. Gloomy and rainy today, and windy as heck. Felt and surely I looked like a fool trying to keep my umbrella under control walking from the train to the office this morning.

Michelle - Enjoy your dinner/movie tonight. Nice of your steps to take care of Santa tonight. We're also gonna get down to the low 40's tonight, so the heat will probably be turned back on for the night.

Annie - Awww, cute convo w/ Ainsley. She sounds adorable! Yum, pizza and breadsticks!!! Even just breadsticks and nothing else!!! Enjoy your day off tomorrow - whoo, 4 day weekend for you!! Hope the li'l guy is easy for you. This Tye Sheridan is just 14 years old and probably hasn't been in too many roles yet. I believe he was in "Tree of Life" which is the one bf and I gave up on after 15 min., so I've never seen him in anything. Yup, just the two roles so far according to IMDB. Yeh, I check out People mag when I'm in the salon and don't know who 90% of the "people" are anymore, so I'm in the same boat with you - whatevah. OMG Annie, your poor toes!! You either give them a chance to heal and be waaaay more careful or I'll be down there with a pair of godawful ugly steel-toe shoes to force on your feet!! (I actually have a pair from a work assignment many moons ago!)

Mel - Love the graphic you posted today. Sleepy kitty! And I just love gray tabbies! Hope you feel better and can have a nice rest day today. Glad to hear at least part of your new chair is ready. Speaking of seats - some of the seats on the train have buttprints - molded to the shape of some riders' heinies, LOL.

Happy - Too funny we were just talking about the water globes for the plants - yesterday bf met his mom for lunch and she left him with a few things for me that she must have picked up on sale/clearance or from a garage sale or thrift store. This included a box of two water globes! I don't have any indoor plants at the moment, but they will come in handy with a couple of my patio or hanging pots. I had a chuckle imagining your dh at home working on expanding your garden and you at that very moment at the garden center buying more to fill it! You and Shad and Annie have me jonesing to get to the garden center and buy my flowers and veges - nothing compared to any of you, but usually more than I can handle in terms of my inconsistent gardening efforts. This year I resolve to water my tomatoes on a more regular basis to avoid the skins splitting! Actually, I might use a trick I've heard of - put a tiny hole in the bottom of a plastic milk jug, fill with water and place next to the plant. Water will slowly seep into the soil. Not sure how big the hole should be...I'll have to research that. Anyway, hope the weather stays frost-free going forward so you can finally get the garden going outdoors!!

Ceejay - Hope your headache went away. I felt a bit of a hormonal headache coming on last night and didn't hesitate to take the OTC migraine med - didn't want to deal with it. Is your weekend starting tomorrow?? Do you have to work on Sunday & Monday??

Shad - Hope you find the key safe, or a lanyard you can wear with your key around your neck, lol. I shouldn't talk, I think our house would be pretty easy to break into, but it might involve some glass-breaking too if the extra key doesn't happen to be in the spot in the garage where I expect it to be. As it is, we haven't done much in the way of security besides some flood lights at the sides and back of the house. Hopefully doggy is enough of a deterrent.

===
Did NOT make it to an exercise class last night. I was busy with my current project at work and the time got to be late and I wanted to do just one more thing, then another...then I'd missed my usual semi-express train and had to take the one that makes almost all stops. Bleh. Hopefully tonight I get to a class. I'll just have to accept that I won't finish my punchcard this sesson and my cost per class will be higher...

Okay, back to it. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 05-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #198  
Creating a Healthier Me

After hearing about the cooler and wetter temps in the Midwest, I certainly hope you all have nice weather for the long weekend. It's supposed to be sunny and in the upper 60s here, but it will be even cooler at the beach if Santa and I end up doing the beach walks.

Laura - I hope you can get to a class tonight so you can at least come close to finishing your punchcard.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Kid's conversations can be enlightening to say the least. But aren't they all adorable. I had pizza for dinner too but no bread stix.

Michelle
Don't blame you for taking Santa to day care. Glad you are meeting with friends. That makes all the difference in the world.

Mel
Sinus headaches can be bad too. I took a couple of otc migraine meds and it went away. I don't take chances anymore. Sure didn't like where that last one took me. Putting a sign on my door has been a life saver in the mornings. Gives me a chance to have some me time to relax sometime and catch up on my sleep. I'm thinking they may have gotten the drift-don't ask, but as soon as I say that they'll be back.

Laura
You must have been anxious to get through your project. This is my three day week end. So yes I have to work Sunday and Monday of next week. Hopefully things will be peaceful.

Happy
I'm still debating on putting out flowering plants in containers. Think I'll go to Lowe's in Blytheville this afternoon to check on there selection. Walmart has been picked over. They still have some beautiful orchids.

Shad
Hope things are getting done today. And that you haven't had to break and enter.

--------------
Haven't done a lot this morning. Slept till almost 9 a.m. then piddle around. Went to Walmart to get rx's refilled. Want to get some things done in the house this week end as well.
I'm off to Blytheville to Lowe's.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #200  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

CHELLE...Curtis and I did beach walks while in Destin. Wasn't bad right down next to the water where the sand was flat. However, up on the fluffy stuff it was hard to walk. and we all know how ungraceful I am, so it was not a real pretty site. Have a great time this evening. Glad you are enjoying being "home" with friends.

CEEG...no one ever comes to my door EVER, unless it is my family and they usually call first. Of course it helps I have a NO SOLICITING sign on my door at all times. I don't even get kids selling school crap.

LAURA...you taking the speedy train as opposed to the 50 stops train is like me leaving work at 4:15 getting home by 4:45 or leaving work at 4:30 and getting home at 5:20....traffic between 4:30 - 5:00 is awful. Yeah, let go of the punchcard guilt, you will feel better and stop stressing on it.

HAPPY...you must be VERY busy with DH...hehehe. Hope your day is going well.

Hi again MELLIE and SHADDIE....

Dad meeting on Saturday afternoon to decide what to do with him. His oxygen level will not stabilize thereby making it impossible for physical therapy. Since rehab cannot rehab him they may release him in a week or so with no where to go. Us kidzez are meeting to come up with our next move. Sunday is the babe and cookout out my oldest brother's house. Illinois brother is coming Saturday also...bleh. I guess I am just whining as really it is not so much of a 4 day off vacay. He will leave Monday morning by about 9 or 10 so I will have the remainder of the day to recoup. C has to work Monday. bleh.

If I don't get back here for a couple of days, you all enjoy your weekend.

Love yas
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #201  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, but I did a raft of housework and then went into the city with my friend Chris who had an interview with a recruitment agency and I went to see my friend the big T for whom I have been writing doco. It was late when we got back and she wanted to talk about my 'condition (the lichen etc.) I didn't but she just carried on until she got a phone call and the recruitment agency had lined up a job interview for her tomorrow. I've never been so pleased to hear a mobile phone. Anyway, today I have to face it and will be going to the Chemist to fill the RX and we will get started on that tonight. I guess I will do my shopping at the same time not that I want much. I haven't eaten much.

Annie - so sad to hear that Dad is not doing too well and that you have to think about housing and rehab etc. I'm presuming that he can't always breathe properly on his own and that he will need nightly checking which is why you can't look after him. I'm wondering if you can get something similar to what S the granddaughter had when she wasn't into breathing properly. It's like a board which goes under the chest and is covered by something soft like a sheepskin and it is attached to a monitor which goes off when breathing is interrupted for a set period of time. Might be worth investigating with the meds or medical gadget people. That means you could keep him at home nights but he would need to go to day-care days.

Happy - garden sounds like it will be so nice. I've never thought about growing carrots in pots. Last ones I bought were the 'roly poly' variety and they don't take up much space in the garden.
I am going to have to find a place for a spare key, but hey I don't do it often so hopefully I will find where I left my brain sometime soon. I will be researching the net over the weekend to see what I can find. There may be a site for people with the condition. I remember my friend Chris found one when she was bad with the Churgs-Strauss and said that it helped here as much as the hospital did. I'm not going to rush it and will just absorb it first and try to get it into some sort of remission.

Mel - Sorry to hear that you are not on top of your game. It happens from time to time. Hope that it clears up shortly and you are more with it. The same could probably be said to me - being more with it that is.

Ceejay - here's hoping those horrible tornadoes stay away from your neck of the woods.

Michelle - sounds like you are enjoying the weather and being close to the beach.

Laura - Pity to lose those ticks on the punch cards. But it happens. Life is what happens when we start planning how to life it. But you will get back into it I know. You are the most exercise conscious person I know.

Right, shower time, I didn't run today. Just walked but at least I did it. Tomorrow is another run day. I'll try to do some yoga, pilates, tai chi stuff today but for now I need to go fill this rx, do the shopping, clean the bath and make a start on cleaning and clearing out my bedroom. That's the list for today.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #202  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Lil man did not wake up once last night and is still sleeping. It is going on 8 am. Yeah!! I am staying in my bedroom, quietly watching news until he wakes. Could use some coffee but hey got time for that later.

SHADDIE...you certainly had a very busy day yesterday. I will mention this to my brothers and check into the gadget type thingy for breathing. Dad already has to sleep with the CPAP machine at night, don't know if the two machines will "get along".

GOOD MORNING ALL YA'LL...

Have a fantabulous day/night.

Loves
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #203  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

THANK GOD THE WEEKEND IS NEAR.
ROUGH DAY YESTERDAY WITH SAD PHONE CALLS.
SO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE LOST SOMEONE RECENTLY.
PRAYING FOR A CALMER WEEKEND.
I AM ALL CRIED OUT FOR SURE. JEN TOO.
NOT MUCH ELSE IS NEW HERE.
RICHIE & JEN ARE HUNKERING DOWN FOR THE WEEKEND AND I AM TOO.
LOWER TEMPS, MORE RAIN AND LOTS OF WIND.
A GOOD WEEKEND TO WATCH TV MARATHOINS
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE

ANNIE...THE NCONVERSATION WITH AINS WAS TOO FUNNY.
SHE WOULD BE GREAT ON A TV PROGRAM. ROFLMAO
HOPE JAKE SLEEPS ALL NIGHT FOR YOU..
I LIKE MY OWN BED TOO.
I AM TRUSTEE FOR 2 BOARDS...THOSE ARE THE 2 MEETINGS I GO TO ONCE A MONTH.
AND ALSO EMERGENCY MEETINGS FOR A NEW PROPERTY THEY ARE BUILDING.
NO MONEY AND NO PERKS. ALL VOLUNTEER.
I WILL SEND SOME CALMING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR THE FAMILY MEETING.
I AM SO SORRY ABOUT DAD NOT BEING ABLE TO REHAB.
SENDING YOU BOTH A HUG TOO

SHAD....YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE MOBILE CALL INTERRUPTING YOUR VISIT WITH T.
I KNOW HOW THAT FEELS!! ROFLMAO
YESTERDAY SOMEONE KNOCKED ON MY DOOR AND I WAS VERY HAPPY TO GET OFF THE PHONE!!
SEE...GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.
SOMETIMES I THINK WE ARE LEADING PARALLEL LIVES
PRAYING THE MEDS WORK FOR YOU AND WE BOTH END UP FEELING BETTER.
JEN & RICHIE SEND A HUG YOUR WAY AND A WAVE HELLO

MICHELLE.....GOOD FOR YOU USING THE DOGGIE DAY CARE.
I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT.
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THE FRIEND.
WHAT MOVIE?????
INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!! HA!!

LAURA....CRACKING UP ABOUT THE TRAIN SEATS.
OMG THAT IS TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS;rofl:
HOPE YOU GET TO THE EXERCISE CLASS AND SAVE MONEY WITH THE PUNCHCARD.
I CRACKED UP TOO THAT THE BF'S MOM GAVE YOU WATER GLOBES.
SHE MUST BE READING 3FC!!!!

CEEJAY...GLAD TO HEAR THE MEDS WORKED.
I REALLY SHOULD LOOK INTO THEM.
I HEAR YA ON THE DOOR SIGNS.
I LIKE THEM BETTER THAN CONFRONTATIONS. LOL
I KID AROUND BUT MOST OF THE TIME THE SIGNS DO WORK.
THANK GOD FOR PEN & PAPER!! LOL

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-24-2013 at 08:53 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #204  

Morning all. TGIF!! I neglected to mention that for some reason Wednesday really felt like a Friday to me! Glad I'm past that and that my real Friday is now here.

Mel - Hope you're feeling better physically. Sorry you've been getting a lot of bad news about people losing loved ones. I heard a blurb that somewhere in NY got bad flooding - not sure which part of the state or if it was NYC. Hope you don't get too much rain or other severe weather your way - but TV marathons sound like a great way to spend a bad weather weekend. Unfortunately neithier bf's mom or mine have taken the opportunity to get on the internet and enjoy what it has to offer. My mom frequently calls the reference desk of her local library and asks them questions - I can't think how convenient she'd find G00gle! But I suppose she likes to think she's also making the life of the ref librarian more interesting, LOL. Love the bike graphic today! And the bike itself. Thanks for posting it.

Annie - Yay for li'l guy sleeping through the night!! : Hope you have a wonderful day with him today. Sorry to hear your dad won't be able to live with you/your brother. I suppose it's not a condition that can be resolved by having your dad simply go on oxygen (tank/mask type setup). After a lifetime of smoking, my dad had emphysema and he eventually did that. You're right - I need to give up the punch-card guilt!! (And same for the unread magazine subscription guilt, LOL.)

Michelle - I was able to get to a class last night. But Annie's right - need to get over not being able to finish the punchcard - who needs more guilty feelings. How was your dinner last night?? And what movie did you end up seeing? Bf and his friend went to see Mud and they also enjoyed it.

Shad - I'm sure you were glad the phone call ended the conversation about your condition! I can see just not wanting to talk about it and wanting to get it off your mind after having it weigh heavily since the time the doc ordered a biopsy. Took a quick look at the Mayo Clinic site - they make it sound like it's not cancer, but could increase the risk of it. The other complications don't sound pleasant AT ALL, so I'll be fervently hoping the rx puts the lichen in remission. Thanks for your comment about exercise, but I'd like to think an exercise-conscious person could manage to get in more than a couple sessions a week, lol! And not just when she's trying to get punches on a card, hahaha.

Hellos to Ceejay and Happy! Hopefully I'll be back later to see what's up.
===
Bf and a friend went to an early showing of Mud yesterday so I came home, took doggy for a walk and got into my workout duds by the time bf got home with the car. I did a Tighter Assets class. As expected, zillions of squats and lunges. We also used some glide-y discs for some of the moves. Tough instructor, tough class. I was really feeling it in my legs while cycling to the train this morning (cue the Wizard of Oz mean lady on bicycle (aka wicked witch) music.

Anyway, punchcard be damned, I'm glad I'm not going to any classes today or tomorrow. There's actually a single Friday night class I could make it to today, but a) I don't feel like doing a workout on Friday night and b) the class is Hip Hop Fitness and I'm just not sure it's me. (Even if I'm pretty sure I'd be making a fool of myself in front of the same old bunch of people who attend the other fitness classes and not a bunch of young adults.)

Today the office closes at 3 pm. I'll probably leave a bit early so I can make the special 3:10 train. I'd like to get over to the garden center for my flowers and veggies after work - maybe beat the rush?? For dinner, bf will grill the chicken breasts he marinated. It's gonna be cool again tonight, so maybe it'll finally be a good time to kick back in chairs in front of the fire pit. We'd added a bunch of twigs to it eons ago but whenever I have a hankering to light them up, it seems like it's windy as heck.

Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with a former co-worker, and then I have my eye exam appointment. Saturday night I'm meeting several of my hs friends for dinner in the city at a place we used to gather at occasionally during HS. Sunday I might do an exercise class in the morning, but nothing else is firmly planned except dog walks, of course!

Okay, I keep getting interrupted, so I'll get this posted and see if anyone snuck in on me. Everyone have a great weekend!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #205  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning girls,

My computer's been goofy lately and getting worse. I think the IE browser has finally died, Firefox is flashing at me and Chrome is hanging on by a thread. Perhaps it's time to just tear it up and rebuild but I'm afraid I'll lose something important.

Yesterday DH and I went up to Duluth to see the cardiologist. He got a clean bill of health - everything is looking good after his procedure. He will stay on meds for light palpitations for another month (this is very common after this procedure) and they will give him a monitor in a month to see if things have settled down for good. I had to move all my plants into the man cave day before yesterday because we had another night of below freezing temps. Moved it all out in the yard for some sun yesterday, then back into the building at night. I'm so glad we have heat in there. I hope we are now done with the damaging cold weather - it looks like it from the long range forecast, I do need to get things planted once and for all. I think tomorrow will be the day for that. We did get the extra dirt and compost we needed so all ready to go with that. Some housecleaning and laundry today so I can spend the weekend outside. Also the door handle broke on our main door yesterday - hopefully DH can fix it because it's a hassle using the other doors for the interim.

Laura - that's cute about your Mom callling the library when she has questions. My Mom feels like she is missing out not having a computer but we were able to dissuade her from wasting her money on buying one - with no one to show her what to do and her being nervous about breaking something, I just think it would not work out very well. I got a very good laugh about the Wizard of Oz music while you were cycling Especially if you were running late and trying to make your train on time. A fire in the firepit sounds nice - I was looking at ours and all the extra firewood we have laying around but after that wildfire we had up here last week, no way On the way back from Duluth we took a detour through the area that burned, always sad to see black trees and scorched earth but I also know that for some species of plants, fire renews growth. So enjoy a nice evening fire for both of us. How nice to get out of the office early - I wish they timed the special early trains such that you could get there on time - ie. how can you get across town to the train station in 10 minutes??? Anyway getting out early is a great feeling. I also laughed about the train seats with the stretched out butt indents. I can picture them exactly

Mel - it does seem to come in spurts with people passing. I always use it as a cue to remind myself that life passes quickly - don't waste it on frivolous stuff. Sorry you are having a gloomy weekend to the start of summer over your way. As you were talking about your volunteer jobs I had to laugh - was told alot that volunteer positions "often lead to other kinds of opportunities". I bite my tongue each time in that it's been my experience that the only "opportunities" these lead to is more unpaid volunteer work Have a good quiet weekend with you and Jen.

Shad - I meant to say a while back when you mentioned it that I got garlic chives (plant) for the first time this season. Have never seen them before and I thought they sounded interesting - what goes better with onion than garlic If carrots like cold weather to be sweet, how did yours do in the warmer climate?

Annie - glad you are having fun with Lil Man and sorry to hear about Dad. Are the breathing issues and his general weakness the reason why he will need someone around all the time? Hope you can come up with a workable solution that does not drain you dry of money. Hope you get to have a little bit of relaxing long weekend and don't spend it all doing things for others... Loved the conversation with Ainsley- thank goodness she's talking about space and not boys

Ceejay - did you get some flowers for your garden? If you go with orchids you at least have an expert gardener in Shad to help you along.

Michelle - hope you enjoyed your night out with friends, finally a long weekend to kick back and relax. Have fun on the beach for all of us!

Just got a phone call from the doctor's office I renewed my blood sugar meds because my A1C is just slightly higher than I want it to be. I can't take straight Metformin because it upsets my stomach really badly. The stuff I am taking has an enteric coating on the capsule to help ease tummy upset. The insurance company WILL NOT PAY for this. I would have to pay out of pocket which would be over $400 a month for this. I already pay out of pocket to keep my brand name thyroid medicine. Just what am I paying a king's ransom in insurance premiums for?????? We got Caremark last year and both of us have had very unhappy experiences with them. Caremark blames the policy holder and neither one of them give a rats butt about the humans who are affected. I swear they will take our money, bleed us dry and leave us to die. Yes, I can take this as incentive to work harder to lose weight so that I don't need the Metformin at all but it still doesn't change the fact that I pay more than alot of people's mortgage payment (with taxes) in monthly premiums and get almost nothing for it. Makes me so MAD

Anyway, the morning is ticking away - I need to get my plants out of the man cave and into the sun and get started on my work around the house here. And go figure out some way to enjoy those beautiful berries I bought the other day before they start to fuzz up on me.

Have a good weekend everyone - happy kick off to summer holiday for those of us in Northern Hemisphere even if it doesn't exactly feel quite like summer yet.

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-24-2013 at 12:06 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

Had a nice time last night with my friend. This is the guy I dated before I met my ex. Then we reconnected after my ex and I separated. I saw him when I came to CA at Christmas, and he came to WI for a visit in Feb. I've only seen him a couple times since I've been back. Not sure if this is going to go anywhere. Since we've both been hurt before we're taking things slowly with no expectations or pressure. Anyway, we saw the new Star Trek movie, and if you're a fan of the Star Trek series or movies, I highly recommend it. I really enjoyed it. All the actors did a great job, and I thought the plot was good. After the movie, we had a yummy dinner. Today, I'm working from home, with Santa by my side.

Santa and I may go to a doggie walk on the beach tomorrow. If we do, I contacted a friend of mine who lives about 40 min. down the coast from where the dog walk is to see if it would be convenient for me to drop by and say hi to him and his wife.

I realized yesterday that I'm happier than I've been in a long time. My job is going good. I have a really nice team of people that I work with. And I'm able to stay with my step-mom, which is going well, and save a bit on rent. BTW, my landlord in WI was able to get a renter starting June 1st, so I don't have to pay rent there any more.

====================
Annie - I'm so sorry that your dad isn't able to rehab. Sending you many hugs and prayers.

Shad - I hope the meds are able to clear up the issue and keep it in remission/at bay. Good for you with all the exercise you're doing! I'm not that close to the beach. I'm about 45-60 minutes away. I wish I was closer...but that will come in time. For right now, Santa and I are enjoying staying with my step-mom.

Laura - How nice you get to leave early and get a headstart on the long weekend. I'm doing a bit of that today by getting my laundry done while I work from home. Those lunges in the Tighter Assets class sound brutal. Well done! No wonder you're doing so well with the weight loss. Have a wonderful breakfast tomorrow, and a fun evening with your hs friends!

Mel - a TV marathon sounds like a great way to spend a cool, rainy weekend. I hope you get to relax.

Happy - Can you back up your files before you rebuild? I use a service called Carbonite. It's about $60 a year, and it automatically backs up your files every week. So glad to hear your DH got a clean bill of health! Bummer about the blood sugar meds. I totally understand about Metformin upsetting your stomach. My doc in Wisconsin had to increase my dosage VERY gradually because when she upped it quickly it led to a HORRIBLE weekend of stomach issues. Do you have Walgreens up there? Reason I'm asking is that for the month of May I don't have insurance. Starting in June, I'm paying for insurance with my contract agency. Anyway, I needed to renew my diabetes med and cholesterol med this week, and they were going to run me over $300. So the Walgreens pharmacy tech suggested I sign up for Walgreens Prescription Savings Plan which costs $25/year. Turns out, with the savings plan, my prescriptions came to $75. And before I signed up for the Walgreens plan, the pharmacy tech checked to make sure it would, in fact, give me enough of a savings to be worth it. In my case it's $25/year to save $225 per month. I understand your frustration about medical expenses. It sucks when premiums are high and you don't get much for it. I hope the insurance coverage was good when your DH was in the hospital and for his follow-up visits.

Gotta get back to it.

Sending you all much love, and many hugs and warm wishes for a fun and relaxing weekend!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #207  

Went to Blytheville yesterday and bought some plants. One planter was already planted but I need to work on the others to get them in a pot. Need to get some dirt. How could I forget that!!!!!!
Still working on the office area. Why is it when you rearrange things you end up with a mess!

Annie
Glad to hear that lil man had a good night.

Laura
Don't blame you for taking a day off from exercise. Mine was yesterday, mainly because I forgot about it.

Happy
Glad to hear that dh had a good report yesterday at the doctor's office. And I agree about the insurance companies. Your doomed if you have it and more doomed if you don't.

Mel
Sorry that you have had a lot of bad news this week. It's hard and crying is good therapy.

Shad
As they used to say the bell saved the day.
--------------
Need to go to Walmart sometime this afternoon to get a few things for the office. Would like to get a filing cabinet but not sure if this is feasible with my moving in a couple of years.
But first I'm fixing my lunch. I'm hungry.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #208  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Instead of a filing cabinet, you might want to get a portable file holder like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/15170108?w...l5=pla&veh=sem

I've got a couple and they really were a lot easier to deal with when I moved. In fact, my ex offered me one or two of our large file cabinets, and I turned him down because I didn't want to move them.

Have fun at WalMart and planting.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #209  

Michelle
Didn't realize that their was a new Star Trek movie. I'll have to make sure I see that one or wait for the DVD. How nice to get to walk by the beach!
Thanks I'll look into that storage box.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #210  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Well the tenants began the weekend last night with a well burnt roast in the oven.
The whole building stunk and me coughing.
Funny thing was....no alarms went off
Going to have to report that on Tuesday.

With the weather so cold & rainy, The kids aren't sure about opening the trailer this weekend. Going to decide today.
The younger kids are due here soon. OH JOY OH JOY.

I NEED BREAKFAST AND THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE.
SEE YOU GALS MANANA. ENJOY THE HOLIDAY.

LAURA....WHEN I FOUND THE BIKE GRAPHIC I THOUGHT OF YOU.
I REMEMBER THE ONE I FOUND LAST YEAR WITH THE FLOWERY BASKET. I LOVE BIKES!
I WOULD THINK YOUR MOM WOULD LOVE ORDERING BOOKS ONLINE FROM THE LIBRARY.
I COULD SPEND ALL DAY LOOKING AT TITLES!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WEEKEND IS WELL PLANNED OUT.
HAVE FUN WITH THE HS FRIEND!

HAPPY....I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR DH IS DOING SO WELL.
PRAYING THE GOOD NEWS CONTINUES FOR HIM NEXT MONTH TOO.
I HAD A SERIES THE OTHER NIGHT IN THE KITCHEN & THOUGHT OF BOTH OF YOU!!
YOU MADE ME LAUGH THIS MORNING.
YESTERDAY I WAS GOING TO SAY THE ONLY THING VOLUNTEERING GIVES YOU ARE MORE VOLUNTEERING JOBS!!! ROFLMYASSOFF
TOO RIGHT YOU ARE MY FRIEND.
HOPE YOUR TEMPS WARM UP SOON.
I FEEL FROZEN RIGHT NOW & HEAT IS BACK ON.
I COULD JUST SEE MOM WITH A COMPUTER.
MY NIGHTMARE IS ONE OF THE SENIORS HERE WILL GET ONE!!!
I'D HAVE TO GIVE THEM A FRIEND OF MINE'S PHONE NUMBER IN AUSTRALIA!!
SHE COULD TEACH THEM LIKE SHE TAUGHT ME!!
ON THE PHONE!!
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT CAREMARK AND THE MED MONEY.
IF THEY DON'T GET YOUR MONEY ONE WAY...THEY FIND ANOTHER. WTF!!

MICHELLE...I AM GLAD LIFE IS GIVING YOU SOME HAPPY TIMES.
ENJOY THEM AND DON'T QUESTION IT!!! ROFL
GLAD THE DATING THING IS GOING WELL TOO...OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED.
HAPPY TO HEAR YOU HAVE NO RENT DUE IN WI!! GREAT NEWS!!

CEEJAY....WHEN I REARRANGE I HAVE THE SAME MESSES.
NEVER THOUGHT OF IT TILL YOU SAID IT
GOOD CALL ON THE FILING CABINET AND MOVING.
SOME OF THEM WEIGH A TON.
JOW ABOUT CARDBOARD HANGING FILE BOXES.
HOPE I SAID THAT RIGHT.
I HAD SOME FROM TARGET AND THEY HAD LIDS TOO.
Ohhhhhhh I SEE MICHELLE HAS THE SAME IDEA.
MINE WERE LIKE KIND OF THAT ONLY CARDBOARD.

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-25-2013 at 08:06 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote