3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias #37

Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #16

Good morning, ladies! 59 degrees and rain today and for the next 3 days. It's supposed to warm up into the 80s by the weekend...we'll see. I just want some sunshine!

Going to the Y today and then I have a doctor's appointment for my allergies. They have been bad this year so I wonder if I need a booster shot.

Jean, I didn't know about the wheat sensitivity until I went to the research study but I did suspect it because of the way my body reacted to small quantities of it. It's definitely wheat and not gluten. My friend who has celiac disease breaks out with just the wheat in salad dressing; she doesn't eat anything she hasn't prepared herself. Now that the cabin is open for summer, I hope your weather cooperates.

Maggie, that was nice of you to share your allowance with Will like that. Won't it be good to have a big allowance for yourself next month! With the Civil and Revolutionary war battles fields all around us, we have a lot of reenactors waging battles on the weekend. I love history so I'm living in a good spot. The archeologists at Jamestown have unconvered evidence of cannabalism during the starving times. That was the news this week. When you are building anything here, you have to have an archeologist okay and heaven help you if you start and they find something...everything has to shut down while the come in and dig. A few years ago they tore down a building in Hampton and were readying the site to rebuild when they uncovered gorgeous Dutch tiles that had been covered over with a parking lot. That showed the previous builder, who they could no longer find, had gone right ahead with his plans and probably hurried to cover them before anyone could see what he was doing.

Have a wonderful day!

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #17

Good morning girls. We had a bad Sunday and now Monday. We are waiting for the vet to call us to come to his office. He is trying to work Fortune in. Yesterday he snagged his paw on our metal threshold when he went to go outdoors. He did something bad to his hip either dislocated it or pulled some muscles because he could only walk backwards or sideways and would stumble and fall occasionally. I sat up with him all night, carrying him outdoors to go to the bathroom or to get a drink of water or whatever. He would sleep if he could get comfortable and he mostly slept on my chest swaddled in a fleece blanket. I would get a few minutes sleep then I would hear his tags jangle and I would check to see what was going on with him. We have a led light wand we use over the sink, but it comes right out of its holder so I brought it into the living room so I had some light without total light. I am really worried as he is an old dog.

We did get the rugs done, but that and the dog issue was our weekend.

I will post replies and such later. Right now I need a nap until they call and I hope it isn't this afternoon before they call as I ask Jack to stay home from work today.

Take care and talk again soon. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday ~ Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is going to be a lovely day here in the ♥-Land in the 70ºs and a nice breeze instead of that wind. We are certainly going to have a short growing season here since the last freeze was just last week. Well I certainly hope that was the last freeze anyway. I got on my : this morning and it did show me down some so we shall see how I fare this evening at WW on their scale.

When I went to open my computer this morning I noticed big dusty cat paw tracks on it. Cecil must have been prowling around my things while we were sleeping dong the “cat thing.” I didn’t see anything on my desk re-arranged or knocked off onto the floor. He loves to knock things down to Beanie off Will’s desk but the dogs were sleeping when Cecil was prowling about. I had to finally decide to clear off my desk so I could tear off last month’s page from my desk calendar which is a huge desk pad of a thing. There are interesting blocks of information along the bottom that list a date and a historical happening for that date. on May 14, 1607 the first permanent English settlement in America was established at Jamestown, Virginia, by a group of royally chartered Virginia Company settlers from Plymouth, England.

Will is to be “on call” this week for the First Call folks so he has gone to pick up the “bag”. How it works here are folks needing help go to the police station and then the police run a check on them and if they are not ‘wanted’ or are a system abuser they call Will to get them fixed up with a room and food vouchers. There are a couple of motels here that are hooked up with the service and he uses the one nearest the bus station when a person needs a bus ticket to get on down the road. The ones that have their own vehicle meet Will at a gas station where he pays for some gas. It is a good service for folks who are down and out just looking for a help to get where they are going. A lot of the folks are “going home” to live with family now that they have lost their job. It is kind of sad isn’t it ~ just trying to get home. Then there are some just let out of jail and need to leave this area. Will doesn’t transport any of these folks ~ the local cops do the transporting and Will meets them at the motel and gives the proprietor the proper payment and the “person” the food vouchers. Through this service we have gotten to know most of the local cops around here for they do smile and wave at the folks in a yellow Rock Crawler Jeep. Life is good.

My coffee tastes great this morning and I do believe Will has figured out how to use his new coffee grinder. Whole beans freshly ground are so much better than the already ground coffee.

SUSAN It is certainly good to know what a body is alergic to so they can use alternative products and thus maintain as healthy body as one is able. The states head Archeologist and the second in command have been here and conversed with Will about his being the fire arms advisor on the dig. They are going to do a dig 10 miles south of town where there are some old mounds that were once a trading ranch that belonged to a famous buffalo hunter and Indian scout named Billy Dixon. In this area the posts that sold to white folks were called "trading ranches" and those that sold to the Indians were called "trading posts."

DONNA FAYE I hope the vet can fix your little doggie back to exact and you can get some proper rest. I hope you can get him into the vets soon.

JEAN Those kids are so much fun when they visit the museum. They have tons of questions and love it when the "cowboy" gives them some attention and gently explains things to them. Isn't that the way of it when we were younsters to think ~ what do I need to know that for. Little did we know.

Have a great Monday ~

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #19

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and it is actually warm outside! I started my day with a breakfast meeting and didn't get home until almost noon. After lunch I went to the church and did my posting, stopped and picked up the gift shop money on my way home, and now need to count that so I can deposit it in the morning. Bob has practice at 5 so whatever supper turns out to be, will be late tonight.

Susan -- Our sunshine is headed your way! We have rain predicted for the next four days; so much for soccer games this week. I hope the doctor can give you something that will help your allergies. I read, or heard, that this is supposed to be the worst year because of the crazy weather. I thought gluten was wheat; I need to do some research!

"Gma" -- I'm so sorry about Fortune. I hope it is just a pulled muscle and he will be fine.

Maggie -- Good luck at WW tonight! Sonny has been rearranging the toy box today, and there are toys scattered all over. I think he gets bored when there aren't any birds nor squirrels on the deck. Our church doesn't give money to anyone who asks but will give food vouchers, go to the gas station with the person, or make arrangements for a room. We haven't been getting as much money in the Friendship Fund so usually run out mid-month.

I need to change my clothes and get to counting. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #20

Good morning all. I am still trying to wake up as I actually got some decent sleep last night. Fortune never moved from my side all night and I had to get up twice to go to the bathroom so I got long stretches of sleep, which was nice.

As to Fortune, they kept him all day and had to work him in but the diagnosis was a pulled ligament in his right him, but Doc says he has pretty bad arthritis in that hip, enough to make him walk unenven and showed Jack the difference in the size of his two hips. They put him on a once a day inflammatory and a glucosamine chew, which he won't eat btw. I chopped it up in his food so we shall see. I am trying to figure out ways to get him to eat it. I put it in cheese last night, but he ate around the cheese, ate the inflammatory pill, but walked away with the chew all gooey on the floor. I told Jack I am going to take my food processor, measure out so many chews, grind them to a pulp, measure the ground amount and divide it evenly then put it in stuff he likes for him to eat it. He hasn't gotten up and moved around any this morning, but he went outside a couple times last night and got up in Jack's lap in the recliner and jumped down. He is favoring that leg so it may take a couple days for the strain to let go.

Jack went to work this morning so back to some kind of normal I hope. I need to start cleaning the whole downstairs. I imagine the plant is going to start talking about flooding soon as the river is up to almost 33 and it crests at 34.

Susan: I noticed my allergies were worse this year and started pretty early in the year too. I read an article yesterday saying the cicadas are going to be really bad this year and supposedly going from Georgia right up the coast. Hope you guys don't get hit with them. They are nasty to clean up those huge ugly things. We always have them every year. Living in the area you do, it is likely they will find some historical something when they tear things down. You would think builders would be prepared so slow ups anywhere around there. I remember taking the scouts years and years ago to Yorktown and going into one building and on the outside are big ole cannonballs stuck right into the brick. It is a fascinating area to live in I would think. Jack wanted to be a history professor so it amazes me some of the things he knows.

Jean: Looks like you had a busy day yesterday. I am sure you enjoy Sonny being ornery better than what he was like before. Poor little kitty. Yesterday at the vets this lady brought in two puppies. We were standing around the corner and didn't see either of them. She picked one up and it was huge. Looked like a Newfoundland. She said they were 10 weeks old and they were twice the size of Fortune. They found the puppies mother out in a field starving to death. They didn't know she was pregnant. The dogs are a gorgeous brown and reddish color. Anyway, they finally gave all but two of the puppies away, kept the mom and were going to keep one pup and give the last one to their son. They were there for shots and she had one of these monsters in her arms and had the other on a leash. He didn't want to get shots and she was dragging his bottom into the treatment room. It was hilarious.

Maggie: We have some wonderful history in this country. Unfortunately, it takes money to keep them up or dig them up or keep them running. I just read where the Smithsonian has shut whole areas off now because of lack of funds. We have an indiana site here in Memphis called Chucalisa. My kids and I visited it on a school field trip but it closed for decades until the University decided to take it over. It is on the trail of tears walk.

Well, this isn't getting anything done. You gals have a great day. Faye
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #21

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's warm again today! We are going to Sioux City later for soccer games. I hope the rain holds off until tonight if it's going to happen. It's in the forecast for the next several days. I've been to the grocery store and ran into 3 retired teachers that I worked with, so we had a gab fest for a few minutes; we should have parked our carts and had coffee.

One of our grocery stores started a gas savings program. You have to buy certain items, or go on certain days, then get cents off for up to 20 gallons. This month it's 20 cents off a gallon when you spend $20 on any items, on Tuesdays. I bought some store brand Tylenol and milk; each had a penny off, plus several other things adding up to way over $20. You have to use the cents off within 30 days or you lose it. Bob uses the gas card for his pickup because it holds over 20 gallons (20 gallons is the limit you get the discount on) whereas mine does not. They change the items each week and lots of times there are things that I don't buy, but one week my purchases added up to 37 cents off a gallon.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you got some rest last night. Can you poke pills down Fortune's throat? The vet showed us how to do it on one of our previous cats but I was never very good at it. I always had to have Bob or one of the kids hold the cat while I did the deed. Sonny ate his pills mixed in with canned food and then the last stuff was liquid that I could just squirt in his mouth. Good luck getting Fortune to take his meds. I sure hope he gets along ok. I always think to myself, when I see big dogs, that I'll bet they eat alot! I think big dogs have more bone/joint issues too. I hope you get all your cleaning done today. If not, it will be there tomorrow!

I have a load of towels that should be dry and another load ready for the dryer. I hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #22
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Rainey Tuesday

It is raining today and I am so happy. It is the gently falling kind that the ground can drink up and the underground aquifers can be filled once more. I think this state has more water underground than on the top because of the amount of windmills and pumps that bring it up to water the crops. These aquifers need rain each year to keep them filled and I understand they got quite low this year.

Yipekio I showed a loss of 1.8 last evening bringing my total loss to 90.2. Onward and downward I go on this path to thin. I lost a tad bit more this weigh day than I had gained last week. I don’t want to continue to yo yo though, so I had better get a grip. I lost a point in my daily food total which means I have to eat less. That’s how it works ~ you work hard to get to a certain place in your weight loss and are elated then you are rewarded by the program taking away a food point. That’s how the program works. I get to add a couple of paperclips to my chain today. 8 sticks of butter ~ looking at it that way ~ that’s a lot of FAT for sure. I have often wondered though ~ where does fat really go when a person losses it. Have we really lost it or totally abandoned it somewhere along the road to thin. Are the hedges along this path strewn with folks discarded fat. These are points to ponder.

Will is currently at the local radio station doing an interview about the upcoming dig and such. He is being interviewed by the guy that used to live in our basement. Cecil is still asleep on the bed with the door closed and the dogs are in the front room. We had a bit of excitement last evening for Cecil brought in a live bird. He came prancing into the front room and I at first thought he had caught a mouse but then he made an adjustment and the bird got away and flew to who knows where. Will thinks it flew downstairs for that is the direction it was headed. We need to locate it soon. Cecil searched all over upstairs and didn’t find it. We have seen Cecil stalking birds in the backyard and this time he got one. Cats are natural hunters. I don’t know if he had planned on eating it or just playing with it. He loves to play with crickets. Every cat we have ever had loved to play with crickets. I wonder if the toy store has wind up crickets. We should look for toys that go “hop” for that cat.

In the crock pot, as I type are the makings for burritos, ~ a lean roast which I cut slits in and filled with slices of garlic then poured a bottle of salsa over it and a cut up onion into slices and slices of a green bell pepper. I will make burritos with the whole of it and freeze what we don’t eat for future meals. They are great warmed up with some chili poured on top and a green salad and some fruit as a yummy easy to make meal.

DONNA FAYE It is such a good idea you have about pulverizing those pills and mixing the proper amount in with the doggie food so he gets his meds. you are such a good "mommie" to him. How nice you got a good nights sleep. It is sad that some of our rich history has to take the back burner in things because of lack of funds.

JEAN You really have filled up your days nicely since you retired from the school system. Isn't retirement fun. I love it for I can do what I want and don't do much I don't want to do. Hopefully the rain has stopped long enough for you to get to a game.

Have some fun tonight Magnolias

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #23

Good morning to everyone. Rough night last night as Fortune fell trying to jump up on the recliner and then he refused to try anymore. He didn't hurt himself, just is scared. I noticed as I sat down here he jumped up fine.

I figured before I messed with crushing and such, I would just try giving it to him again. They are small little bone looking things and are chews so aren't hard. I gave him one, he sniffed it and walked away so later on I sat it in Jack's half of the recliner where he was laying. He sniffed a couple times than chewed it right up. I give his inflammatory pill in a piece of one of those Sargento's cheese sticks. The cheese is hard enough you can push the half pill right down into it without it crumbling. He gulps that right up and I gave him both this morning instead of a treat and he ate both of them so guess we are going to be ok except it is an extra $100 a month plus the $35 for his kidney medicine.

Jean: Well Jack talked to the plant manager about the river and I guess he thinks they won't have to work. He says as long at the river doesn't get to 44 ft, 10 feet over the banks they have nothing to worry about, at least at the plant. There will be a mess everywhere in the low lands. Hope your soccer game was rain free. When you can save you have to use it. I have given Fortune pill meds, but sometimes it is tough. I have to get them far enough down his throat that he doesn't kick em back up.

Maggie: Congrats on the losses. You are doing a fine job. I was the same this week and hopefully be down next week, but we shall see. We are having steak tonight, but in a couple days I am going to make my homemade bbq sauce and put a roast and the sauce in the crockpot and make bbq beef. We haven't had that in ages.

Well I need to get going. I still have a bit of cleaning to get out of the way today. Faye
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #24

Good Morning, Flowers! We are back to clouds, wind, and rain this morning. I have lunch bunch today! For some reason I checked my calendar last night when we got home from the soccer game; I thought it was next week for some reason. Kolby got sick at school yesterday so Beth had to go get him; we picked up Maddy from the sitter and took her to the game while Beth waited for Will to get home so she could come. The head coach was gone so she and another mom were in charge. We had a few sprinkles towards the end of the game so lucked out. I didn't see any shorts nor tank top attire yesterday.

Maggie -- on losing another 1.8#s! You are doing great! I am the yo-yo champ and have played with the same 5#s way too long. I need to get serious and focus. We want to get back to walking outside if the weather ever shapes up. It was nice of you to share your rain . . . not! Did you find Cecil's bird? I know I got more done around the house when I was working, but retirement is much more fun.

"Gma" -- Poor Fortune! Perhaps you will have to help him get up on the recliner. Do you have a little stool he could use? I've done that a time or two with sick cats over the years. I hope he continues to take his meds like a good boy. I sure hope Jack doesn't have to put in extra hours because of the flooding. Our lake is up again, although not where it should be. The DNR is here netting (?) fish -- the carp get sent back east to people who eat it (no one around here will) and the walleyes are milked for the eggs. It is interesting to watch them.

I need to get busy and clear off the kitchen counters. I am baking cookies tomorrow to take to the vet's office, so need to sort through my recipes. I took treats to Sonny so think they deserve some treats too! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #25

Good Morning, Flowers! We are back to clouds, wind, and rain this morning. I have lunch bunch today! For some reason I checked my calendar last night when we got home from the soccer game; I thought it was next week for some reason. Kolby got sick at school yesterday so Beth had to go get him; we picked up Maddy from the sitter and took her to the game while Beth waited for Will to get home so she could come. The head coach was gone so she and another mom were in charge. We had a few sprinkles towards the end of the game so lucked out. I didn't see any shorts nor tank top attire yesterday.

Maggie -- on losing another 1.8#s! You are doing great! I am the yo-yo champ and have played with the same 5#s way too long. I need to get serious and focus. We want to get back to walking outside if the weather ever shapes up. It was nice of you to share your rain . . . not! Did you find Cecil's bird? I know I got more done around the house when I was working, but retirement is much more fun. Looking at your recipes, would you bake the lemon bars in a 9x13" pan?

"Gma" -- Poor Fortune! Perhaps you will have to help him get up on the recliner. Do you have a little stool he could use? I've done that a time or two with sick cats over the years. I hope he continues to take his meds like a good boy. I sure hope Jack doesn't have to put in extra hours because of the flooding. Our lake is up again, although not where it should be. The DNR is here netting (?) fish -- the carp get sent back east to people who eat it (no one around here will) and the walleyes are milked for the eggs. It is interesting to watch them.

I need to get busy and clear off the kitchen counters. I am baking cookies tomorrow to take to the vet's office, so need to sort through my recipes. I took treats to Sonny so think they deserve some treats too! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Rainey Humid Wednesday

It is an over cast day in the 70ºs this day and I am doing well. I have some burritos to make after awhile and get into the freezer but not much else to do this day. I am caught up on all I want to do so I can concentrate on losing weight. There are lots of things I could do but just don’t want to get into them today. Will is down at the museum entertaining a bunch of school kids that are going through there today.

A few months back one of the waitresses/college girls at Applebee’s asked me to build her mother a barn out of glass. I did and gave her a big discount on it since she is a student. Anyway she gave it back to me in a box the other day and said that her mother said the little rooster on the top had fallen off. I couldn’t imagine how it could have fallen off but said I would fix it. When I got it home and pulled it out I could see that the roof was broken and sure enough the little rooster was not on the top nor was it in the box nor were the broken pieces of glass from the roof in the box. Somehow that barn took a header and hit a hard surface and the roof broke and the little rooster got broken off. I asked the gal if she had opened the box and looked at the barn and she hadn’t. I told her that it would take a bit longer to do the repairs needed and I wouldn’t be getting it back to her that day. She and I both thought that I was just going to have to solder the rooster back on and not have to make a complete new roof and make a new rooster. I asked her why her mother wouldn’t tell her the building was broken and her reply was, “My mother is weird.” I have it setting on my work table and dread fixing it for it is going to be a chore getting that roof off for it is soldered on quite nice and tight. The gal said she would pay for the repairs and I told her, “No you won’t ~ but this will be the last time I want to see this barn.” I just hate to do re-work and am not looking forward to doing it. My little waitress friend is graduating and getting married soon and will be leaving the state so I do have a deadline in which to get the re-work done. But I don’t want to start it today. Maybe tomorrow. Well ~ I am back now and went ahead and fixed that building and it only took me 2 and a half hours. I am glad it is done! I ended talking myself into doing it to get it out of the way so I can do some things that I want to get done before the week is through.

I don’t have a clue why I don’t feel so good this afternoon. Maybe it is the high humidity that is getting to me for it is sure is high today. I don’t have any upsets but just feel lousy. I just realized I didn’t take my morning meds and that can have a lot to do with how I am feeling. DUH

JEAN No we didn't find Cecil's bird but did find a bunch of feathers. So we guessed he had a snack off of the food chain. It is good that the rain held off for the game and you got to enjoy it. Yes you can bake the lemon bars in a 9X13 pan. I just used my two 8 x 8 pans because that way they came out to be one point each when I cut them. You will just have to figure the points by how many you cut and by the cake box and can of lemon you use.

DONNA FAYE How nice you found a way to dispense your doggies meds. Yep those perscription meds for pets do cost the do re me don't they. It is good that the flood stays away from that sewer plant. I can imagine the odoriferous eminations coming from there.

Have a wonderful evening Magnolias

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #27

Good morning girls! It is going to be a warm one today into the low 80's, which is just fine with me and no rain!!! It looks like overall it is warming up into summer now. Paid the bills this morning so that is all done for another couple weeks.

Jay sent me a gift idea for Jackson. He really likes Legos and they have a 6 drawer thing each drawer a different color so all your Legos are separated by color and easier to get to. The top of it is made to do Lego building. So, I am going to get him that and some more Lego kits. His mom says they are having a Ninja Turtle party so I am waiting to hear back whether to buy him Ninja Legos or Ironman Legos.

Today I hope to get upstairs and clean bathrooms and such. They really need a good scrubbing. Fortune kept me up barking at me wanting to get up in the recliner then down, etc. He will jump down, but is refusing to jump up. I had to let him out a couple times in the middle of the night and the little booger wouldn't come back in across that threshold. I finally got mad and turned the light out on him and shut the door and told him he could stay out there. I left him out there a couple minutes then opened the door. He skooched a bit closer and when he got close enough, I used the storm door to push his bottom all the way in. This has really done a number on him mentally I guess.

The kids are taking us to breakfast Saturday morning for Mother's Day. It is too nuts here to go to lunch or anything on Sunday. She asked me what I wanted but heck I don't know. I have everything I want, am way behind on knitting so don't really need yarn. I thought about a mani/pedi but a little too late so whatever she gives me will be fine and dandy.

Maggie: I feel for the girl that her mother did that to her. How embarrassing thinking the rooster just fell off, when the mother actually broke it. It is nice that you aren't charging her anything to fix it. Too bad you can't give ole mom a piece of your mind about laying the burden on her daughter. The plant smells linger on everything. Jack will come home and it is all in his clothing and hair. It gets into the car too so I keep one of those Febreze clip on things in the car all the time, plus I have hanging things to put in the car. Funny story about the smell. The city made a deal with Electrolux to give them land about a 1/2 mile from the plant free if they would build the plant in Memphis. Well, all the execs and hoity toity come out and inspected it and said the water table is too low they can't build there so the mayor gives them another piece of land right down the road but closer to the plant. Now you have to be brain dead not to smell the smell of the plant. It travels a distance. These morons went ahead and built the plant and built a beautiful open air area for their employees on the side the plant is on. They are now wanting the city to do something about the smell. I don't know what they expect them to do, get a huge can of air freshner and spray over the plant from a helicopter every day? Our mayor, who is a fathead is actually considering what the plant should do. I'd say too bad so sad you were here why didn't you say something then.

Jean: We seem to have gotten double the pleasure of you! Glad you got to watch the game ok. Hope Kolby is ok. How many are in your lunch bunch group? Fortune is real kooky about jumping up on small things. We bought him an expensive set of stairs for the bed and he wouldn't use them so we gave them to Marty. He's a screwy dog. I am at a quandry as I don't want to give in to his fear by constantly picking him up, but if it hurts to jump up, I don't want that either. I tried putting a treat on Jack's side and he pawed the heck out of the chair trying to get at it without jumping up to get it so I don't know.

You all have a nice day. I am going to go hunt up something for breakfast. Faye
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #28

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The wind is blowing again, the sprinkles are sporadic, no sun to be seen, and we have Orioles today! Bob put two feeders out at noon and we've had a steady stream flying in and out -- not sure how many. I baked cookies this morning and took a plate full out to the vet's office. They weren't busy so got to visit with the two main gals which was nice. We have a dinner at the hospital tonight so need to figure out which outfit I will wear. I sure don't know what I wore last spring cuz nothing seems to jump out of the closet. I need to do some digging as I know I have more clothes.

Maggie -- It was nice of you to repair the glass barn and not charge the girl extra. Too bad you can't send her mother a bill! I hope you feel perkier today!

"Gma" -- Kolby really likes Legos and plays with his a lot. I got him a book of different things to make; it didn't come with any Legos. I will be surprised if Jackson keeps his Legos sorted but the sorting drawers sound like a good idea. We have a house close to the sewer lagoons that has been for sale forever. It always smells like rotten eggs imo. A farmer has tried to buy the land so he could extend his farm but the people, who no longer live there, won't sell because they think they can get a higher price from someone willing to live there. Ick! A Mother's Day breakfast on Saturday sounds like a good plan!

My "mom" turns 87 today and we are going to her daughters for lunch on Saturday to celebrate with her.

I need to clean up my baking dishes and iron a shirt for Bob to wear tonight. We have a very pregnant stray cat that he wants to live trap tonight, and take her to the farm. She's tiny, not much bigger than a kitten herself. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Tuesday!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #29
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

It is a beautiful day here in the ♥-Land in the 70ºs and I am listening to some wonderful music on my boom box. Life is good. Will is at the museum and the dogs and cat are napping so all is quiet here except for my music. Yesterday during the hail storm Beanie was having a great time running around catching it in his mouth. If the stones were big we would have made him come inside but they were little bigger than pea sized so they wouldn’t hurt if he got hit in the head. Ole Ragg Mopp doesn’t like storms so he stayed nestled on his cushion in the house. Cecil was outside watching Beanie and they were both wet when they came in. That cat certainly doesn’t mind being out when it rains.

Today I am going to be working out in the kitchen most of the afternoon re-arranging things to be more “user friendly” and put rarely used things in a cabinet in the dining room. I just ate a bowl of soup for we are having burritos for dinner and I wanted to eat a light lunch so to enjoy a good burrito. I did something last night I can’t remember ever doing before. I slept the whole night through in the same position all through the night never waking up until time for me to get up this morning. I am usually up at least twice during the night.

DONNA FAYE They probably built that company thinking that all the time they could make the sewer plant to move. I sometimes think those types of folks are brain dead. Sometimes when we drive a certain road around here and the breeze is coming off the sewer plant I try to not breathe till we get further down the road. I imagine those that live there get used to it though. I understand now why my little friend never wants to move back home if that is a peek into her mothers character. She speaks highly of her father and never talks about her mother.

JEAN looks like we posted at the same time but you got in first so I am back to yack at you. How nice the Orioles are visiting you and finding food and water. I think our cat will keep our yard brid free. Oh yes I do feel better today. Back to exact for I rememberd to take my meds as directed. Have fun at that dinner tonight. Even if you do wear the same thing I doubt if anyone will remember your outfit. If anyone does notice it would be so tackie for them to even mention it so you won't know.

Hope all are having a lovely day.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 05-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #30

Good morning ladies. It rained all night last night, has stopped and is supposed to start up around noon and rain until tomorrow. I am sick of gray skies and rain besides the flooding problems it will cause.

Today is do nothing day. I have the whole house cleaned and so I can take a day off and just do whatever I want. I really need to go back to working on that sweater and scarf for vacation or I won't finish them for sure. I just haven't been in the mood to knit. When it hits me I go gang busters and when I put it down it can stay there for a long time, but I really at least want the sweater done if I can.

Oh yes, I keep forgetting. I weighed in and am down another 8 lbs total since last weigh in. I am real near the 40 lb point.

I got my fancy sandals yesterday. They are really neat. Jack says I look like a belly dancer with them as they have beads and chains and such, but they will look great with the fancier dress for dinner. I cannot wear heels of any kind anymore with my knee so I try and get dressed up sandals if I can that are flat. So far I have done ok. So here is dress number two and three. I haven't ordered the dresses yet, but these are what I have chosen with their sandals. I also have my eye on a purple pair of sandals for a pair of new capris and shirt I bought.

I have done my menu for 3 weeks and my grocery list for the same. Since we are going to be in Indiana on a payday, I am buying 3 weeks on Sunday and then next payday 3 weeks that way I don't have to come home with no groceries and try and figure out when we can go to the commissary. I will save the menu and just repeat it with some changes most likely.

Maggie: Unusual cat that is ok getting wet. Most of them hate it. I had a laugh thinking about Beanie catching hail stones. Fortune won't even venture out in the rain unless he is desperate. I am most definitely ready for summer and all it brings.

Jean: We never get orioles here. At least I have never seen one. We do get cardinals, robins, and bluejays though. We had a woodpecker here about 4 years ago who liked our fence. Alicia emailed me and said Jackson was all into ninja turtles this year. His party is going to be on Saturday, which is nice because then we will get to go. I have always thought Legos were neat toys. We have been to Mall of America and to Legoland there, which is phenomenol. They also had a huge Lego exhibit at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry when we visited several years ago. I have to tell you, that museum is the most outstanding overall museum I have ever been to. Lots of hands on stuff, audio stories, they have a WW2 submarine, a coal mine, it is just wonderful. We used to go on field trips there when we were in school. Probably my highlight elementary through junior high of field trips.

Well I need to eat breakfast. Have a grand weekend. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue sandal.jpg (17.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg sanctuarie-net_2263_35969879.jpg (56.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg sanctuarie-net_2259_18179304.jpg (71.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg spin_prod_771706012.jpg (23.8 KB, 5 views)
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.