Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2001, 12:46 AM   #16  

Hello Ya'll....

I spent the day shopping with my Mom.Had a great time but so tired! Wanted to post before I fell asleep! LOL!

Sharon,
So glad to see your post! I love to read them!! I'm so jealous of your work-outs! Very proud of you! Now that spring is right around the corner...going to start walking!! Enjoy your 3 days off and don't do too much...enjoy it! You're such a sweetie!!

CJ,
CONGRATS on your weight loss!! YOU GO GIRL!! Also, congrats on the winning number! Wow..you lucky woman!! Have fun spending it!!

Carolyn (CH),
Hope you do great at WW.I went 2 years ago & did good.I quit going because it closed up & there's not another one close by.Hopefully they will setup someplace close to me soon.Good luck...know that you can do it!!

Gail,
I'm looking forward to spring too! I love to work in the yard and just enjoy being outdoors.Sorry to hear about your neighbor.You'll miss those "waves". When the old man down the street died last year,there's not a day that goes by that I drive home & think of him always smiling & waving.He loved to sit outside in his chair too.

Bernice,
That's a big weight loss! How did you do it? How long did it take you? It seems to be taking me forever...but atleast it's coming off!! LOL

Ok...sry ya'll that I can't post to everyone but my eyes are getting VERY heavy!! My pillow is calling my name! Talk to ya'll soon......

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-11-2001, 01:09 AM   #17  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default This is from Sylvia in Italy!

I forgot that Sylvia sent me an email and wanted me to say "Hello" so I will just via copy and paste her email so you can see for yourselves. Here you go!

Buon Giorno Sharon!

I hope you are doing well. I'm doing a quick check of
e mail here in Florence and thought I would drop a
line. Could you tell everyone in the forum I say
hello and I think of them?

With all the walking Marcel and I have been doing,
I'll surely drop about 20 pounds! Hmmm, maybe I
should stay here! No wonder these women are so skinny!
I'll give you the details when I return in another two
and a half weeks.

Got to run, more walking. Next stop, Venice!

Ciao!

Sylvia
Old 03-11-2001, 06:35 PM   #18  

Hey Guys! Hoping you are all enjoying the weekend.

Sharon, so good to hear from you. I knew you were working a lot. Enjoy those days off! Thanks for forwarding us the email from Sylvia. Lucky her - sounds like a real dream vacation. Good for you doing so well with your exercise and onplan. I am still having a hard time getting it together. Saw an article on TV yesterday said that women eat too much. LOL Guess I fit into that one pretty well. Will start working in the garden soon and that should help. I saw myself in the Disneyland videos and pictures and couldn't believe it was me. They say the camera doesn't lie. Yikes!!!!

Sherry, always so nice to hear from you. Glad you had a good time shopping with your Mom. How's your son doing? Recovering I hope.

CJ, congratulations on your win! You lucky girl you!!! Have fun spending it. With all the weight you are losing, you can have fun buying some new clothes for Spring.

Kelster, have fun on your week on your own. Always nice to have a little time to do whatever you want.

Angeleyes, I agree that the weekends are really difficult. Especially getting all out of routine. Glad to hear you are doing well onplan. Way to go!

Guess I will mosey on out of here. Weekends fly by too quickly, don't they? Take care everyone. Talk to you soon. Love, G

Sorry, I missed welcoming back Ginabob. Welcome back and hope to hear from you often.

I also missed your post, Joanna. Didn't quite scroll back far enough. sorry about that. Sorry to hear that Carolyn H. isn't feeling well. I'm sure your Mom will nurse her back to health quickly. It's really nice to hear you so happy once again.

Last edited by Gail; 03-11-2001 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:57 AM   #19  

Good Morning All,
Even though it doesn't look too nice outside I am going to make it a GOOD morning! Didn't do much this weekend but did go to yet another baby shower for a great niece that has no plans at all of marrying the father of the baby. Maybe I am just getting old, but what the heck are these youg people thinking of when they are fooling around? Definately not the diseases or the consequences I don't think.

JO...I agree with C.J. on meeting Mike. Did you meet and how did that go?

Sylvia...Your trip sound so exciting. How is the weather there at this time of year?

Gail...Both my children went to Vegas and got married. I felt upset at first but now realize that's what they wanted so that is that. Can't pressure them into what they don't want.I think our daughter saw all the troubles and arguments with everyone the year she got married. She stood up to 5 weddings that year and heard all the commotion,and decided to save herself all that.They have been married 11 years and they are very happy.

Gina...We missed you around here. Welcome back.

Trish...How did the weekend go with the relatives?

Joanna...Do you feel any different having your old name back on some things? Younger perhaps? LOL

Carolyn H....Get well real fast.That is an order. LOL

C.J....Good for you winning that money. And also good for you on losing the pounds.

Kelster...How old is your daughter that will be gone for the week? I bet you will miss her.

Sharon....Soon your busy time at H&R will be over and you will be able to rest. Yes, I like your little kitty on your posts. Cute! Good luck at your weigh in tonight. I'm sure you will do fine. You seem to be on a roll again and that's good.

Carolyn CH...WW is a very easy plan to follow. AndI guarantee if you foollow it you will lose the pounds.

Chrissy...Still working all those hours? It's good if it helps you keep your mind off things. But don't overdo it and get yourself run down.

Time to get ready for the gym. I havea toning class this a.m. I will not use the heavy weights today so I am not so sore when I get back. Love to all...Sandi

P>S. Is this still posting at weird times? I will have to see when I submit this.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:41 AM   #20  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone and thanks for all of the "welcome back"s
I am just starting to get back into the swing of things so I hope to post at least once a day but I can't promise anything. It's been about nine months since I stopped coming to check the boards. The reason was that I had started gaining the weight back. All of it plus some. . . Yehaa!!! I didn't want to think about it or aknowledge it so I felt I had to go away. I really didn't think the slide would last this long so I didn't say anything and just dissapeared. SO, so sorry for doing that.
Nine months ago I started dating this incredible guy. One of those once in a lifetime kinda fellows. We did all sorts of crazy things together (example we went to Niagara Falls one weekend on a whim with some friends - a 20 hour trip one way). I fell in love with him, his friends, his family.
My problem is I know NOW that this isn't the guy I am suppossed to be with. Really it took me only 4 or 5 months to figure that out but I am such a chicken that I couldn't say anything to him. I kept praying that God would find a way for him to break up with me. Call it lazyness or fear but I just didn't think I could deal with it. Well last night I dealt with it. We talked for three hours. It still isn't over, over because he really wants me back. This hurts pretty bad. It's a good test of my weight loss motivation to let me tell you. Before I even got home last night he had called me to say that he missed me and needed me. He called me first thing this morning then 20 minutes after that and then about an hour or so after that. I agreed to talk to him again tonight but my mind is made up. It just really sucks. He's not bullying me or anything. He's just hurt.
So my last few months are pretty much summed up right there. I have another nephew on the way (#3) and then another kiddo expected by my other brother in Sept. I, needless to say am now among the ranks of the faceless singles again. I feel pretty peaceful about it though.
Getting back on track now. I have been working out and eating better again. I'm already down 5 lbs after a week. I sure think the stress of this will actually speed that up. Food is the last thing I am thinking about right now.
I promise to come back in and try and read and reply to stuff later. Right now it is back to work.
Good to be back and see all of you!!!
Gina
Old 03-12-2001, 07:41 PM   #21  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Sandi & Gail

My daughter is almost 16......and it has always been just her and I.......I have always been a single mom....so her and I are pretty close.........and yes I am sure for her as well as myself it will be nice to get away.....but I know that will last only a couple of days for me........just so use to her being here and yakking my ear off........I may go into teenage life crisis withdrawals.....oh yeah and the phone ringing every five minutes.........LAFFIN.......but I know it is good for us both to get a break.....and I know I will survive.....sheesh I thought it was hard to cook for two......now it will be worse to cook just for one......

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day.....
take care.....
K...
Old 03-12-2001, 08:37 PM   #22  
Loser:)

Default Hi all

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone. Just thinking about getting ready to go out the door. Busy busy, but that's what keeps me out of the kitchen And I certainly need to stay out of that room

CJ, My WW meetings are on Wed. mornings can I e-mail wed afternoon with my loss for the week?

Hope you're all having a super day Talk to you tomorrow

Bernice
Today is day 6 OP
Old 03-12-2001, 09:28 PM   #23  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm back.......

Hi Y'all WOW, what a change in this place!! It looks great!! Boy, I sure missed being here....ok, vacation was great and there was some good, some bad. The bad is that I gained 5 pounds!!
The good is that, between my husbands Vegas business trip 3 weeks ago and this vacation (stopping in Shreveport and Biloxi on the way), he has won $2500!!! Woo Hoo!! What a man!!!

I've read all your posts and I apologize for not responding to each of them. I got my first day back to work in today and I'm exhausted. I just wanted to stop in, say hi and that I'm back ~ hopefully, I'll be back to normal here in the next day or so. As for the diet, I got back on track today......5 pounds....holy cow.....I got some work to do, huh??

Hope everyone is well and staying focused.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:31 PM   #24  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Opps....

Oh no.....I was looking around, playing as usual and I accidently "unsubscribed" to this thread/group. Do you think that I will be back in just by posting????? I just click before I think......
Old 03-12-2001, 10:46 PM   #25  

Default Hello my dear friends!

Hello, hello…

Just wanted to say hi to all the new – but old – faces!! So excellent to have so many back in our ranks!!

I’m still MIA, but with only 5 weeks til this baby is due I’ll see you soon! The good news is I shouldn’t gain too much more weight now with this pregnancy apparently… yay! I also got my promotion (permanent) and we have almost finished the baby’s room. Uni is going well (did I mention I’ve started a Masters part-time) and basically all I could wish for right now is some sleep and to finish work. Only two more weeks til that!!

One thing – I’m planning on cooking when I go on maternity leave and freezing those meals so we can eat without much hassle when the baby comes. Any fabulous ideas/recipes (vegetarian of course) are very welcome!!

Sylvia – hope you are having an amazing time over there!
Joanna – Woo Hoo about that lovely young man in your life, you go girl!!
Jo – so you are now officially living with the wonderful Rich? Congratulations!
CJ – Cool scoop with the $583 – planning to spend it on something fun?
Chrissy & Sassy – Thinking of you as always. I hope they finally get there act together this next time re the trial.
Love to everyone else – Sandi, Gail, Blunder, Bernice, Kelster, Sherry, everyone else my pregnant brain is forgetting!!

Sam
Old 03-13-2001, 07:14 AM   #26  

Hello Ya'll.....

Thought I better post this morning before sneaky CJ sneaks in and changes the thread! I think we're on #25 now...so I better hurry!! LOL

My weight stayed the same this week.No gain or loss.Hopefully I'll have a little loss next week!

Wow...Sam, I can't believe that you only have 5 weeks to go til your little bundle of joy arrives! It's gone fast for us BUT I'm sure it hasn't for you.Best wishes! I know you're looking forward to meeting your little angel!

Zoe,GREAT 2500.00!!!! You go girl!! What ya gonna do with all the money????? Have fun spending it!

Can't respond to everyone because I've got to finish getting ready for School.BTW...NEXT WEEK IS SPRING BREAK!!! Can't wait to have a whole week off! I'm thinking about painting my bedroom!

Talk to ya'll son....
Love ya,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-13-2001, 07:50 AM   #27  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Hi all!

Hey - what do ya mean "sneaky CJ" --- me? sneaky! HA

Well, hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am still going strong OP - hoping for another 1 lb down this Thursday!

Bernice:
I don't do the updates until Thursday now, so Wed will be fine. Good luck at your weigh-in!

[b[Sam:[/b]
So good to hear from you and am so glad to hear you are doing so well. Wow, time sure did go by fast didn't it? You are almost ready to have the baby! Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are doing. We worry about your when we don't hear from you.

Kelster
Glad to see you back here too! Missed you. A little time away from your daughter will be nice - really. A little down time never hurt anyone! Enjoy it.

Sherry:
Wow, 1 whole week off! Hope you get to enjoy it! Don't worry about staying the same - next week it will probably be off even more! Better than gaining!

Zoe
Welcome back! Wow - $2500! that's great! Don't worry about those 5 lbs - they are only "temporary lbs" - you'll have them off in no time at all!

Sharon:
Was fun talking on MSN the other day -- we'll have to do that again soon. Thanks for sharing Slyvia's message with us!

Sylvia:
You are having too much fun!!!!! LOL

Carolyn H:
Hope you are feeling better real soon and come back and post with us. We miss you!

CH:
Got your email this morning so I owe you one! You are doing soooooooooo good - so proud of you.

OK .... gonna go for now but first... got to try something. If you see an image then you know it worked for me. If not ...

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-13-2001, 09:23 AM   #28  
Mother Hen

Good Morning All !!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! Looks like everyone has come back to the group! That's great!

SAM, Not to put a damper on your weight (LOL) but the last month of your pregnancy is when the baby puts on most of his weight. Sorry Darling, but you still have a few more pounds to gain before he is born. Worry about losing later, just enjoy the pregnancy all the way till the birth! Good luck!

CJ and ZOE, with all that new wealth that you two lucky ladies have.....if you need any help spending it.....send some down my way! I'll volunteer to help you get rid of it fast! LOL

I have MSN too. Anybody want to chat with me sometime, send your user name and I'll watch for you. Would really be fun if we all were there to chat once in a while.

Cal (my husband) continues to improve. He will never be the energetic man he once was but at least the pain seems to be more in control. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes, they are greatly appreciated.

Gonna try to attach a picture like all you smarties have done. Won't guarentee anything, I really don't know what I'm doing!

Everybody have a good day.

Hugs, Judy

Last edited by Blunder; 03-13-2001 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:24 PM   #29  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies.... Okay Cj and Blunder....your dancing pictures are just so cute......Oh and by the way, I've never seen Bart Simpson's touchie before(lol)real cute!
You two are just so clever, puts me to shame. I can't even figure out how to check my pm's most days....
I'm still on plan and doing well, sorry to not post everyday but I still read them faithfully....(does that make me a lurker?) Everyone seems to be doing great! and hi to the new faces/posts I've been reading.
My name is angel-eyes. I'm 40 yrs old, a mother to 2 small boys and I live in Ont,Canada. So far I've lost almost 26 lbs since last fall and of that- 16 lbs since joining this group!!!! So thanks to everyone!!!! I'll check in tommorow for WI, be strong and stay on plan.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:06 PM   #30  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Day 2 staying OP!!

I'm on a roll here ~ day 2 and I'm 100%! 9 days of eating sure did me in but I'm so glad to be back on track again.

Sherry ~ I'm not sure what *I* am going to do with hubbys winnings but I can tell you that I'll think of something. One thing is that we never had to touch the money I had for vacation. With the spring upon us and the house remodeling 97% done, the outside is in need of some work so there is a good thing to spend it on.

CJ ~ did I miss something?? Are we BOTH winners??? (listen to me.....I'm talking like I was the one who won the money...hehehe)

Judy ~ I'm so glad to hear that Cal is improving and continuing to do so. I will also continue to pray for him.

I am still trying to find my way around this "new" place. I am amazed at the difference from before I left for vacation and now. One thing though....I figured out how to put that little picture but how on earth did you girls put that saying under your names??????????

Well, gotta run. Sorry not to have addressed everyone personally. I missed you all and am so glad to be home again and back online. I'll get back into the swing of things by weeks end.
Closed Thread