3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss Buddies XI (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/278949-weight-loss-buddies-xi.html)

dancerindenver 04-26-2013 11:57 AM

Nessa - sounds like statue tipping instead of cow tipping!

Had a great time last night with B, the new guy. Am going to see him again on Saturday. I finally understand why we're so food compatible (avoiding rice, starches, etc.) - he's following the paleo plan which is a very close cousin of the primal blueprint (the one that I follow)- too funny. I made cauliflower puree as a substitute for mashed potatoes - super yummy if you're trying to do low carb but miss your mushy starches.

I'm going for a walk tonight with my sis after work and then the whole family is heading out for Indian food to celebrate my niece getting into a super competitive choir - should be fun - and I think I'll be able to stick to plan just fine - no rice, no naan but lots of yummy other stuff.

Planning on a run tomorrow and some sunshine now that the weather has gotten better - looking forward to it...

Nessa131 04-27-2013 03:36 PM

Hey Everybody!! Just a quick check in- it has been an insane week and the weekend is getting crazier by the minute!!!! well Friday morning and this morning- 168.2. So maybe----I am finally in the 160's for good. I am really trying to do good on eating this weekend so I have a good weigh in on Monday.

Lindy- I emailed all 40 of my scanned workouts. let me know if it came thru. I hope they help you!!

Well I told you all about being the maid of honor in my cousins wedding..... well my sister's boyfriend told me yesterday that he was going to propose toi her. but I have to keep it a total secret and help him with this HUGE plan of how he is going to propose!!!!! I'm super stoked but dang its going to suck having to keep it form her for a month or 2!!!! I have to find out her ring size and what style of gems she likes etc this week so he can have it made for her! So I sent her a text.... OMG I just found the coolest thing on etsy (she is currently obsessed with the site)and I'm gonna me and you one but I need info from you when you get back in town! So I hope I can pull this part off next week without her know what I am really doing. I think I can because God love her....... she never thinks about the obvious stuff!

Well ya'll have a good weekend and I will talk to you all soon!

dancerindenver 04-28-2013 09:37 AM

Nessa - Congrats on getting to the 160s - that's wonderful!

ETA: Had a great day yesterday - good run and a fun evening with new guy, walking to sushi and hanging out. I don't get to see him again until Thursday though. I'd say our biggest challenge right now is that he's so busy, we don't get much time together. We'll see how it goes...

I'm all nervous as I'm presenting to the board of directors of my company tomorrow - need to practice a bunch tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to be over!

Need to get in a run this afternoon - that should help with the presentation stress ;) How are you guys doing?

burgundyrayne 04-29-2013 08:16 PM

Hey ladies. I posted a 30 day crunch challenge picture on fb today. Lindy is in and so is Vicky(maddiesmom, we need to get her back here). I started today and so did Lindy.

Here is it if y'all wanna join us.
Day 1-20 crunches. Day 16-rest
Day 2-25. Day 17-100
Day 3-30. Day 18-105
Day 4-rest. Day 19-110
Day 5-40. Day 20-rest
Day 6-45. Day 21-115
Day 7-50. Day 22-120
Day 8-rest. Day 23-125
Day 9-60. Day 24-rest
Day 10-65. Day 25-130
Day 11-70. Day 26-135
Day 12-rest. Day 27-140
Day 13-80. Day 28-rest
Day 14-90. Day 29-145
Day 15-95. Day 30-150

burgundyrayne 04-29-2013 08:19 PM

Stupid thing ran them all together instead of having 2 columns

Nessa131 04-29-2013 10:07 PM

Hey everybody!!!! Well weigh in was good......i had lost.like 5 pounds from my.last weigh in!!! I guess the food is the key! Lol so im the lowest i have been since starting with him!! Well funny story of the day.......i was running on the treadmill and well im sooooo bad about running too far back on it and i almost went off the back of it. Thank God i felt the roller and jimpped off!!!! Whew it was close!!!

Dance- i love sushi!!!!!! So jealous!!!!!

luckylindy 04-30-2013 11:01 AM

Hey girls...

Sorry, I had a long weekend and was busy, so didnt get to check in.

Nessa - congrats on all this weight loss, it is time to update your ticker missy! And thank you again for sending me those workouts.

Dance - I have always been intrigued about trying belly dancing but have never done it. I imagine it is great for your core. Were you sore the next day?

Burgundy - I am heading to the gym in a couple minutes, so I will do my 25 for the day there. Excited about this "challenge". I also started the 30 day shred yesterday and since it is only 20 minutes, I am confident I can find time to get it done. I meet my DBF whole family in June, so I am hoping to be nice and slim by the time I go.

Ok, I have to head to the gym, not too much else to report on. Ill catch up with you girls later. My goals is 30 DS every single day. The crunch challenge. And lastly, the gym 3 days a week. 2 days cardio, 1 day weights.

dancerindenver 04-30-2013 01:32 PM

You guys are hardcore - I could never do that many crunches!

Lindy - yes - super sore in weird places - looking forward to class again tonight.

Nessa - congrats on the losing streak - you are doing so great!

Warm and sunny here today but we'll have snow tomorrow - crazy weather! Hope you all are doing well...

burgundyrayne 05-01-2013 01:25 PM

Nessa-you better update your ticker. You are doing great. Ive almost done that on a treadmill too, lol.

Lindy-Im excited for this challenge too. Im hoping it really strengthens my abs so I can make it to day 30. Good luck with 30 day shred. I did it in January.

Dance-glad to hear things are good with the new guy. How did your presentation go?

I updated my ticker again yesterday. Im glad its steadily moving now, a little slow but I will take any progress. The sun is shining and its nice and warm today. Gonna get out for a walk later with the dogs and enjoy the sunshine. Gonna head to the beach for a walk down the pier with the hubby in a few. I got 2 more tattoos on Monday on the back of my calves(cute little pink bows) They were sore when I walked yesterday but I made it. Theyre feeling better today, so I can go further. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

luckylindy 05-01-2013 03:55 PM

Dance - how did the presentation go? You get to see your guy tomorrow, right?

Burgundy - I saw your tattoos on Facebook, they look super cute. Does your hubby have a lot of tattoos? My ex husband has TONS and my current guy has none. It is so weird that I picked polar opposites. I have some and would love more but they can get pricey.

dancerindenver 05-01-2013 07:04 PM

Hey girls!

Presentation went great - thanks for asking! Really happy to have it over with...
And yes, get to see the guy tomorrow so that'll be nice.

Burgundy - your tattoos sound great - I'll go check out the pics on fb. And congrats on more ticker progress!

Lindy - how are you doing with your workouts?

luckylindy 05-02-2013 09:55 AM

Dance - doing awesome. I have stuck with 30DS everyday so far and am doing the gym 3 days a week. I also walk 15 flights of stairs everyday. That is really nothing, but it gives my metabolism a little boost in the afternoon. I am also doing Burgundy's 30 day challenge with abs. The only bad thing is with all this exercise I am definately eating a lot more calories than I would like, I am averaging 1600 a day and was doing 12-1300 a day. I know it cant be too bad because I am burning more calories so it should equal the same but it seems like when I eat anything more than 1500 calories, I cannot lose weight.

Ok, I am babbling, lol. I am going to work now and I will check in later.

dancerindenver 05-02-2013 01:28 PM

Girls - I need an intervention! I'm falling off the wagon big-time - haven't been on the scale in a week and actually ate a bag of potato chips last night - yikes! I'm planning on an on-plan day today and a run while I work from home this afternoon. I don't know what's got into me, seriously - I worked way too hard to start down the slippery slope to getting out of control again.

I'm going to spend the weekend focusing on getting my act back together...

luckylindy 05-02-2013 02:18 PM

Hey Dance - I'm sure its a little bit of stress with everything going on. You just have to rope it back in. Since you are so close to your goal, continue with what you have been doing but give yourself 1 day a week a treat. And on that day, double your workout. Consider yesterday your treat day and now you have to stay on track the rest of the week. Also, look into making some zuchini chips to satisfy the craving. What I have started to do was make "to go" meals in plastic containers. Just like when you eat out. I made 3 egg white sanwiches this week and threw them in foil, then heated them up at work. I also made some grilled chicken sandwiches with cucumber and honey mustard dressing, along with some zuchini chips and places that in a styrofoam (sp?) box. Make your healthy options be convenient. You cannot maintain "perfectly" every day but if you say, "ok, I can wait until Saturday to have some chips and a burger" then it is easier to stick to plan the rest of the time.

Breath...and then exercise. Exercise will always offset our mistakes when dieting. :-) You can do this!

burgundyrayne 05-02-2013 09:33 PM

Dance-lindy had some great advice. Count yesterday as a cheat day and get back to the grind. I'm doing that with today. I had chips and salsa for lunch. We all slip, just don't slide all the way back down the hill. You are almost to 150, just keep reminding yourself you have lost 54 lbs.

After lunch I had what I thought was kidney stone pain for about two hours. I took ibuprofen at 415 then headed to the er around 515. By the time we got there the pain wasn't so intense. I talked to a nurse and she said maybe wait around for a little while and see how I feel. So we did that and I started feeling better. Got myself a Dr pepper and burped a few times lol. So I now I'm thinking it was bad gas, who knows. Just glad I'm feeling better and that its a rest day from the crunches:-) So I'm just taking it easy tonight and will get back to the grind tomorrow.