Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #76  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad the new med is working.

Mel - Yeh, I'm getting a lot of nothing done too. I did my fed taxes Saturday and promptly forgot about doing the state filing. And I intended to do it after work last night and forgot again. I did a load of laundry and that was about it.

Happy - Sorry the dvd from the library was damaged! I have encountered, infrequently thank goodness, dvds that sometimes stop at some point and I have to figure out how to get past the problem spot. What a PITA! All your teas sound like they are herbal, not black, which is the kind I like. Too funny that you saw kettlebells at Menard's! But it's that kind of store - home improvement but you'll also find socks, candy, bbq sauce, dog food, etc. We generally avoid it because it's really hard to find stuff there, and finding help is even more difficult. I hope the new pharmacy works out.

Michelle - So sorry to hear that the roomie's dog is so ill. Very sad.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
Nothing much to report. Still very sore today. WW w-i day and I have, for the 3rd week running, forgotten my w-i record at home. I was keeping it in the folder with all the materials and that got bulky, so I didn't want to carry it around with me in my backpack, so I brought it home and keep forgetting to at least take the w-i record and put it in my purse or backpack. Hoping for a loss today of course, but my muscle soreness might be causing some fluid retention. We'll see. I'll report the results after the meeting.

Going to see the movie "The Call" tonight. It stars Halle Berry as a 911 operator. I think it's gotten mediocre reviews, but I'm in the mood to get out of the house.

I'm just past the halfway point of the book club book "Defending Jacob". It's revealed some disturbing stuff, and I'm hoping the story gets better. Right now I just find it depressing. Seems like we have more than our share of "disturbing" book club books. I might have to finally host another book club soon just to get a chance to pick a more upbeat book. I haven't done it in a while, so I really should anyway.

TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #77  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning kids,

Gee rather quiet in here this morning. You must all be busy bees at work and such. It's another gray and gloomy day today and will be so for the next 10 according to the forecast. I am starting to get buggy here between no sun and being housebound. DH and I have some short errands to run today - not sure if he will make it through all of them, may have to drop him off and go back out again. We also have a few little things planned like seeing a blues music performance on Saturday at the local theater so there is something to look forward to.

I finished the last of season 3 of Downton Abbey last night. I suppose the good thing about buying the last 2 episodes is that I can refresh my memory with the last episode prior to it starting back up again in September. Although it looks as if the story line is going to bolt off in a totally different direction. You're right Annie, it is addicting

Mel, your card came in the mail yesterday DH sends his sincere thanks. I think he was really touched. He had a big smile on his face. I was going to comment on the pretty bird picture. I went to feed the hogs yesterday and the feeder was just filled with chickadees and goldfinches and nuthatches flying too and fro. Brrrrrr, brrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrr - you can hear the sounds of their little wings flying back and forth. I stood in the yard for a minute and the air is just filled with all sorts of sounds. DH got excited because our grouse (partridge) seems to have found himself/herself a partner or friend and there were 2 feeding yesterday. It's funny - we aren't doing much of anything special but yet the day is flying by quickly anyway. Better be careful putting away the heavy winter clothes, nothing will bring back a round of cold and winter faster than trading out the wardrobe

Ceejay - are you having some side effects with the new medication? I think your advice about the Rav4 is solid, I especially like sitting up higher, particularly in the city driving. We will probably be switching to Walmart's pharmacy also although I think they are very busy and it will be a wait there. We have had problems with the Walgreens here and in Tennessee. I tried to apply for a part time job here and their corporate website could not find the store here in town. It insisted the closest one was an hour away even though there was a sign posted at the pharmacy that they were looking for help. The weekly ad showed up online for our store with no trouble. I emailed their webmaster and they responded back and said they found nothing wrong at corporate and that I should notify the store manager. I miss the Target pharmacy back in TN. We used them all the time we were out there and their pharmacists were the best ever. They just kept switching them around alot although they all seemed terribly overworked.

I'd better get off the computer and get ready, DH is about to leave for his blood test and I need to be ready when he comes back so we can run our errands. Then when I come back I need to buckle down on the schoolwork which I have been neglecting

Have a good day all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #78  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Laura,

Over my head again I'll say it sounds like you need something fun and cheery for the book club - there have been some dark subjects lately. I have found that I often need to clean the cds from the library, but in this case there is a giant crack in the cd. It's not obvious from the top side because there apparently is a paperlike label covering the disc but it's badly damaged on the underside where the disc is read. I hope they are not going to charge me for this, it appears someone was careless removing the disc from the sleeve and I already put out 6 bucks to buy the last 2 episodes online. Let us know how the movie was. Guess you are antsy to get out of the house too Yes, now that I think of it, I am more the lighter teas. The dark ones sometimes have too much caffeine which doesn't agree with me. I will have to ask my sister for some recommendations. She is a tea lover and I believe like you, she likes the black teas also. Good luck with weigh in today!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #79  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin Chicks...

It is a beautiful day in INDY...already 70 degrees and sunny, supposed to be chances of rain, but it sure doesn't look like it. Birds are singing loudly and there are airplane trails in the sky. Did I say beautiful outside, I mean gorgeous!

Doc appt went well yesterday, most of my labs were right on target. The only thing that needed attention was my thyroid. Yep, thank you momma, my thyroid is underactive. I start meds for that tomorrow. Levothyroxin, generic for Levoxyl, just a small dose to get me started. My BP was pretty good also.

Went to Cs house after the doc. Sucked up about 3.5 gallons of water from the carpet. Well I personally didn't suck it up, I used the suck part of the shampooer. It took me longer than I really wanted to spend over there, but now it is done and the carpet is drying out.

CEEG...glad to hear your meds are working. Yes we have to replace the entire AC unit. Bleh

MELLIE...when you sort out clothes you are supposed to get rid of some of them. I am hoping the snow is in the past and we go forward from here.

CHELLE...so sorry to hear about your roomies 4 legged furry friend. It is so hard to let go of pets.

HAPPY...Your DH sounds like a shaker and mover when he gets fed up with something. Good for him. I have had the best luck with scripts of all places, Marsh grocery store. They have a pretty good salad bar too!

LAURA...kudos for you on thrift shopping, I don't have the patience to fish around in stuff...drives me nuts actually. Goodluck on WI.

That about covers it for me. Might grill out tonight if the weather holds.

Love yas.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #80  
Annie - Indiana

Ah HA....LAURA AND HAPPY, sooning over the top of me today...

HAPPY...I thought DH was supposed to take it easy and rest til at least Friday, or did I just make that thought up in my mind? What is he out doing errands, probably stir crazy.

LAURA...good luck at WI today. I would cross my fingers but do you know how hard that is to do when you are typing? lol.

Later chickies.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #81  
Annie - Indiana

swooning not sooning
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #82  

My WW weigh-in came in even with last week. No gain, no loss. Oh well, new week. I'll try harder.
===
Happy - I sure hope you won't have to pay for the dvd damage - you didn't do it!! I'd love to hear (read) any black tea suggestions you get from your sis.

Annie - Glad the doc appt went well, but sorry you're on a thyroid med now. Bright side - it's a treatable problem! So do you own this carpet shampooer?? If so, what brand is it, how do you like it, would you buy it again??? Do you think a home carpet shampooing machine would be good to use on area rugs? I've been mulling the purchase of one for a long time now, but ultimately, I've never used one before and so I don't know how they would work on just area rugs (vs. wall-to-wall). We have a Hoover Floor Mate but I think it's only for hard surface floors and it never occured to me to even try it on a rug. As for thrift shopping...I like the little one by my house, but going into large ones like the GoodWill stores in our area are too overwhelming for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Glad your lab work went well. That's what I take for my under active thyroid. So far the only side affects I'm having from the nerve med is being really groggy in the early morning but that soon wears off. I've been trying to take it earlier and going to bed earlier. And going to bed earlier could be a good thing. I wished I hadn't read all those inserts though. Kind of scary but the doctor knows what he is doing.

Laura
Reason your WW weigh in. How long does this program last at work?

Still nothing new. I'm trying my best not to over do things at work. I've always been a workaholic. And it's hard to let things goes for another day or to let some one else do it. BUT I'm trying.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #84  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Trying to get this done before I forget to do it and go home and hug the couch. I hurt my knee and I can't do much exercise and I am feeling exceedingly grumpy and annoyed. The job is annoying me, they want me to stay on for another three months and clean up the mess in the Help desk - you know the theory - Hello, this is the No Help Desk - dumb blonde chick speaking - How may I not help you today???? The blonde will no doubt leave me all the things she has no knowledge of and that's a lot of things since she knows very little. I still have some time before M's training school lifts off - if it ever does and I can certainly use the money since most of my wages for the month will go on the Medical stuff in May (5 different appointments with 5 different doctors and practioners). I will be pulled, squished, smeared, squashed, poked, prodded and pinholed to within of my life, and I would imagine I will be horribly anti to live with for a while.

Ceejay - The problem with being a workaholic and with being a good one is that everyone dumps their junk on you. You get to be expert at cleaning up the cr*p.

Laura - at least it wasn't a gain. I'd take the -+0 over a gain anyday.

Annie - Glad to hear that the blood tests came back okay. Always makes you feel better. See you have put out a challenge on Facebook. Someone might pop your bubble before time. Hope not tho'. I'm not even commenting in case I give something away.

Happy - glad to hear that you are enjoying Downton Abbey. Apparently a lot of the cast are going to change during season 3 and 4. So I wonder what will happen next. I do hope they stop the program before it gets silly or sci fi or whatever.

Mel - Challenging fate with the clothes bags I think. You may need to get them all back out again shortly.

Michelle - hope the classes are coming along and you begin to understand what it is all about. Must admit, I never do too well in class - I am not a theory person. For me it is all about doing and understanding through seeing.

Anyway, that's about it for me. I am not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the day, but no doubt someone will see something that needs fixing.

Catch ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #85  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.
QUICK POST. ONE OUT SICK AGAIN.
AND TODAY IS WASHDAY. DID 2 LOADS LAST NIGHT.
MAYBE THIS TIME I WILL CATCH UP
NOTHING NEW HERE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY....HOPE THE NEW MEDS CONTINUE TO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.
HOW ARE THEY DOING WITH SLEEPING & WORK?
MODERATION ON THE JOB IS A HARD LESSON TO LEARN.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE SO DEDICATED TO YOURJOB.
I FOUND IT EXTREMEMLY DIFFICULT TO PULL BACK.
BUT TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.

LAURA....GLAD THE WEIGHIN WAS THE SAME.
AT LEAST THERE WAS NO GAIN.
HOPE YOUR BODY FEELS BETTER AND THE SORENESS LEAVES

HAPPY...I AM GLAD DH WAS HAPPY.
HE WAS ON MY MIND SO MUCH FOR WEEKS NOW.
I THINK IT'S ALSO BECAUSE JEN & I WERE TOUCHED BY THE SIMILARITIES.
MEANING OUR PALPITATIONS. THEY CAN GET SCARY AT TIMES
HOPE HE TAKES IT SLOWLY AND YOU BOTH ENJOY THE MUSIC OUTING.
TELL HIM TO CHILLAX AND PLAY HIS GUITAR!!!

ANNIE...OVER THE WEEKEND WE HAD VAPOR TRAILS FRON THE JETS TOO!
SORRY THERE WAS SO MUCH WATER. YIKES!
HOPE IT ALL DRIES OK AND NO MOLDING.
HAPPY TOM HEAR THE APPT WAS GOOD BUT GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW MEDS

SHAD....THIS COMES AS NO SURPRISE TO ME THEM ASKING YOU TO STAY.
SOMEONE HAS TO CLEAN UP THAT FRASSING MESS. I KNEW IT.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR KNEE...I HURT MINE LAST NIGHT.
WAS PUSHING A SHOPPING CART WITH CLOTHES TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM.
A GENT WALKED OUT IN FRONT OF ME.
I STOPPED SHORT AND MY CHAIR CRASHED RIGHT INTO THE CART...KNEE FIRST!!
I WANTED MY MOMMY
HOPE WE BOTH FEEL BETTER TODAY. WISHING YOU WELL ON THE NEW CONTRACT!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets...

7 days till Ho-ville! Bah hahah

Curtis woke up laughing this morning over a dream he had. It was really funny, I was laughing too when he told me. Too long to tell but very funny.

Be back in a bit
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #87  
Annie - Indiana

I am back....had to put out a fire...sheesh, not even 8:30 yet and already putting out fires..I feel like MELLIE..

Work is throwing me a SURPRISE wedding cake/gift party on Monday. Now how do I know, they all wanted to know if I would be here on Monday for a little cake or something...surprise...hahahahahhaha

MELLIE...happy laundry day...bleh. I have a load ready to go when I get home tonight, work clothes for both C and I. He wears a uniform, but still work clothes. I try not to have more than one load in the basket. Unless I get behind on the towels. Easy to do these days as I went through all my towels and turn some into rags.

SHADDIE...I guess if you stay 3 more months on the job that will be income, however will you have to move all your May appts? Can you stand 3 more months of h*ll?

CEEG....my momma was on thyroid (Synthroid) for the most part of her life. At least since she was about 35. She was on 7 grains whatever that means. I know now it goes my mcg. So I don't really know what 7 grains means other than I know it was a huge dose.

LAURA...I love the shampooer. It really belongs to Curtis, I got it in the deal..haha. It works fabulously. I do not remember what brand it is but will look at it when I go over there next, write it down and forward it to you. I believe you will like it. It is well worth the money and yes, I have done throw rugs, heavy ones, the lighter ones I just wash in the washer.

CHELLE...hope the on-line courses are helping. Sending smart vibes your way....

HAPPY...how is DH today? Still gotta think of a recipe to put together and name it The Ho.....ger.

Best get busy, may come and post later.

Loves.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #88  
Annie - Indiana

Shew weee is it windy out there. Stache' and I just walked a mile around the pond. Two days in a row. We jabbered the entire way and it only felt like we were out there 5 minutes, when actually it was like 25 minutes.

We have a new pub/bar/pizza place down the street where Uno's Pizza was it is called Oo Batz. Three of ordered the Hot Bacon Spinach Salad and I will be picking them up in bit. It is a huge salad for 6.49, which I think is pretty good. You should go on line and read their menu, so tasty.

oobatzrestaurant.com

That's it for now~
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #89  
Annie - Indiana

of us ordered
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #90  

Morning all. Raining cats and dogs here, with thunder and lightning to boot. I got soaked from the knees down (wore one of my long coats today) on my walk from home to the train and then again on my walk from the train to the office.

I filed my state taxes after work, didn't take long at all, and now I'm all set and needn't worry about the looming 4/15 deadline.

Movie last night - "The Call" was entertaining and suspenseful enough, but the very, very end - last 3-5 minutes - was very lame. Halle Berry was "just okay" in it. Not a "must see" in the theater or on dvd, but it was decent enough.

Probably making homemade pizza tonight. This time I'll split the dough into 4 pieces, freeze two for later, and make two individual pizzas - it'll be easier to handle than a big ne and bf and I can each top them as we please.
===

Annie - Thanks for your opinion on the shampooer, and whenever you get a chance to report the brand, I'd appreciate it. Glad it'll do the job on our large area rugs. Yeh, our small throw rugs go in the laundromat machines.

Mel - Love the laundry day graphic! On a rainy, stormy day like today, it's nice to think about a sunny breezy day perfect for hanging laundry out on the line. Sorry about your knee injury - hope it feels better soon.

Shad - Another three months?? I guess the $$ will certainly be welcome...

Ceejay - Our WW@work is a 17-week program. I imagine if they have enough people to re-up after that, it will start again. With the healthcare insurance and expenses the company shells out, I'm sure they're more than willing to sponsor programs like this and encourage people to participate in them. It can't hurt.

Okay, before I'm interrupted anymore by this pesky work stuff, I'm gonna post. Gonna dig up my locker room passcode for the building fitness center so I can go use the hand dryer or blowdryer to dry my pant legs. Toodles!