Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Sleep issues

I just proposed a sleep forum in the forum help section. If that seems like something you'd like to see on 3FC, please respond and we'll see if they create one for us.

I have sleep issues. Sleep apnea (and I wear a CPAP), menopausal issues with getting to sleep or staying asleep, a dog, kids, stress, I stay on the computer too long, etc. It all has and continues to contribute to my weight issues. If I don't get enough sleep, I overeat during the day to stay awake (it's how I got to 360+ lbs.), I don't exercise and I am pretty useless. When my sleep is good, I feel awesome, like Wonder Woman! But for some reason, I can't maintain a good sleep pattern. And I need support, information, etc.

Last night, around 8 p.m., I put on my cool new shades that filter out blue light from computers and TV. It's was the third night in a row that I used them. I kept them on till I went to bed at 10:30. I kept the computer off from 5 p.m. on. I only watched an hour of TV before bed. I went to Pilates class at 5:15 p.m. and really worked my muscles. I was done eating by 8 p.m. I kicked the dog out of my room too. I opened a bedroom window so I would stay cool all night. And I slept like a rock till 6 a.m. This morning I feel fabulous!

It takes all that to get me to sleep well. And it was the first whole night of sleep in weeks. I hope to maintain this, but no guaranty that I'll be able to. This weekend I'm getting a crate for the dog!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote