Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #1  

Default Eating out on weekend turns out me slacking off

Hello everyone. I need to vent. This is not my first time trying to lose weight every time I begin I try to do my best but then the weekend comes and hubby wants to go out to eat I sometimes don't want to go because I don't want to have temptations I'd rather stay home and stay on track but the hubby says that I need to learn to choose my food wisely. Do any of you have that issue with your significant other. In the past it has happened that I give myself a day to slack off and that day turns into two and from there I just drag it to the whole week and so on I feel bad that I cannot keep up with my dieting any suggestions on how to stay on track?
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I completely understand where you are coming from, but also your husbands point of view. In the past my fiancé and I went out for food and then drinks with friends at least once a week. Once I made the decision to work hard to lose weight I decided to cut way back on alcohol. For me it was drinking out that was my bigger issue. Except for a couple special occasions I decided to back out of all the social events/dinners where I knew drinking was involved. I tend to cave into peer pressure so it was better to just not go. However, 5 months later I realize that my social life is completely lacking. So I have decided to start putting myself into these 'tough' situations to see if I can make healthy decisions. At the moment I'm 50/50. I've done well on some occasions, sticking with water, however others I've opted for beer. I know it's not going to kill me if it's one night every once in a while and if I make sure I go right back on plan afterwards. It seems like your dinner takes you right off plan. I would try and see it more as a reward. You've eaten well all week so one off-plan meal (and it does't have to be off-plan there are healthy choices when eating out) will not ruin all that hard work.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

This happens all the time with me whether it be going out with friends or my wife. My new trick is to go online and view the menu in advance. That way I can make healthy choices before I get to the restaurant. I am big into salads right now.

And, as in my other posts, I don't worry about the drink but that's just me.

Last edited by IanG; 03-24-2013 at 09:58 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote