View Poll Results: What Are Your Plans For Memorial Day Weekend?
Picnic 0 0%
Clean House/Yard Work 1 9.09%
Relax & Sleep 2 18.18%
Watch Movies 0 0%
Camping/Hiking 3 27.27%
Cook-Out 0 0%
Going To Friend/Relatives House 0 0%
Travel 0 0%
Going to Lake/Boating 0 0%
Nothing/None Of The Above/Something Else 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 08:00 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#14)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:09 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #13 And Read The Last Few Post There!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:53 AM   #3  

Hi everyone. I was surprised that I'd missed an entire thread again. I really didn't think it had been that long.

It's been really quiet here. I guess "all the action" is at the state capitol, and I don't miss that stuff at all.

Have a good week, and I'll chat with you later.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:00 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Hi girls!!!!!

I just filled out the poll and sooooo badly I wanted to just check the RELAX box. But not..... this is Graduation weekend and I will be busy trying to keep all of the relatives under control. The ceremony is later in the day, so Steve and I decided that instead of the usual cake and punch, we would also do a few finger foods for the guest.... another not! People started making all kinds of suggestions, so now I have a couple 6' subs ordered from Walmart, chips, snack mix, relish trays, baked beans, a variety of salads plus more. I can't believe that people will even find something to ***** about when I say we are serving coffee and tea! Where's the pop??? Oh well, guess I gotta love them, because no one else would have 'em!!!

Now on to Shelley: Girlfriend, take care and try to stay together over the next few weeks. The job sounds stressful enough without having some little snotty old lady giving you guff. Maybe you could just kindly tell her that you might be a tad sensitive, but it really bothers you when she makes the "old" comment. If she doesn't get the hint, then I would turn it right back on her and start making the old remarks about her. Plus, I'm sure you are so much more prettier then her with a great personality, so she's probably jealous. Anyways, I will be sending good vibes your way!

Well, need to go, the kids will be arriving any minute! Have a SUPER DUPER GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:02 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Oh, Shelley: I forgot to mention that I would give anything to be 130!!! You have did a super job losing and maintaining!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, Gayle...doesn't family drive you INSANE? The reason hubby and I eloped is because I was getting way too much about when the wedding was going to be, where it was going to be, etc. etc. No one understood that it was MY WEDDING, dammit! (except my mom, who had a wedding she hated to make her mom happy)
Old 05-21-2003, 10:43 AM   #7  

and Shelley - at my old school, we were usually given MINUTES to fill something out. Literally. They'd call over the intercom and we would be REQUIRED to drop everything and fill out a piece of paper. God forbid I should actually get any teaching done....So, I feel your pain, sister!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #8  
Losing it!

WHAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm gonna cry!!!!!!!

My boy Clay didn't make it!!!! He put up a good fight though!!!

Really, both deserved to win. I couldn't believe how close the percentage of votes were.

Congrats to any of you that wanted Ruben to win!!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 05:09 AM   #9  

Thanks everybody. I knew I could count on all of you to try and cheer me up!!

Gayle- My principal may be older than me, but she doesn't look her age, and acts even younger. She is a perfectionist in everything, including hair, dress, jewelry, etc. She is anything but an old bat!! I have already told her to quit calling me an old woman, but she does it anyway. I always give it right back to her! I'm really not afraid of her, it's just her way. Thank goodness I won't have to deal with her from June 13- July 21!!

I don't watch American Idol, but I must admit I turned it on for a couple of minutes last night and was cheering for Clay! They both were fantastic.

Well, it's 5:AM. Time to wake up my birds and finish getting ready for another day!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #10  

Shelley - I'll bet you could beat her in a 5K race!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:47 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Shelley, you want me to hire somebody to come "rough" her up a bit for ya?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:04 AM   #12  

Shelley I am sending you a special and unusual bouquet of flowers today. It has cactus for endurance, chrysanthemums for a wonderful friend that you are, garlic for courage and strength, nasturtiums for victory in battle, peony for a happy life, red poppies for pleasure.
Did you know that you can gain up to 5 pounds at the TOM?

Cheryl when will you find out if you get the job?

Sherry how is your arm today? Did icing help? I liked your well-rounded approach to working the butt. I must be doing something right cause my taking shape.

Ramona how are you doing? The funeral must have been a difficult one. My heart is with you.

Gayle best of luck with all the grad preperarations! My suggestion for the lunch is serve what you want, or what Liz wants. It is to hard to please everyone.

I have to go out and touch up the paint on the house. We have a painted stucco house and after each winter there are spots that the paint has flaked off.

My life lately has been very stressful. Lots of chest pain from the stress. That is why I decided the vacation to Jamaica. The kids are both causing problems. Jay doesn’t want a full time job for summer because he doesn’t need the money and wants to spend more time with Ashley. I don’t know how many hours I could tolerate him around the house. I think that they would spend a lot of time here because they like lounging around the pool. Then there is Dez.. Yikes. Not sticking to her curfew….Piercing her ears yet again when she promised there wouldn’t be any more. She got an industrial piercing. It is two holes that go throw the cartilage with a bar through them. She already has 4 holes that she has stretched to a pencil size plus 3 more holes with odds and ends in. We were suppose to sign for the piercing but she went out with lovely MIL and she decided that she would take her. Wonderful. She knew that we didn’t approve either. She only came up with the idea a couple of days before she did it. After it was done Larry was talking to her about it. She said it is done just get over it! Larry and I disagreed about her getting it done. He said that he didn’t want her to but he would sign and drive her. He didn’t see why I was so set against it. We seldom disagree on stuff. I said that I would agree if the doctor gave his approval. Well she didn’t wait for the weekend to pass so that I could call him. And then there is my Mom, she just started her radiation treatments on Tuesday. When she had her blood tested it was to thick again. She is still on blood pills but they can’t seem to find a good balance. Then I got these lovely new stainless appliances a couple of months ago. I have had the service people out 5 times to fix them. My stove still is not fixed neither is my fridge. I have argued with them to give me new ones but since I got a discontinued stove I would have to pay another $300. Finally yesterday they gave up and are sending me new ones at no extra charge. It got to be that the parts was costing them to much and they didn’t know how to fix the stove.
Ok, Ok I will just let everything go and go and paint my house.

Hope you girls have a good day. I will because there are no kids here and I am getting new appliances.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:05 AM   #13  

Shelley, I totally feel for you, girl. My boss is 60-ish, tall and svelt and is ALWAYS making remarks about her skinny legs and the "fat roll" she now has. And, to make matters worse, when she has me do her "piddle work" like send faxes, make copies, etc. she says something like "I would do this myself, but I know you need the exercise worse than I do--you are trying to lose weight, right?" UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, enough of that!

Gayle, I had the feeling that it wasn't gonna be Clay. Simon was on Live w/Regis & Kelly one day last week and when Regis asked him who he thought would, or should win, he said Reuben. Sorry!

Cheryl
Old 05-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Dee, the bouquet that you sent Shelley sounds wonderful!!! You are such a dear person!

I am so sorry that the kids are giving you heartache. You mentioned that Jay doesn't want to work because he doesn't need the money. I'm being nosey here, but is it because you guys give him the money? Maybe you should cut off his cash flow?
I guess we must be pretty old fashion parents. Liz wanted to get her ears triple pierced and we said no. I am a firm believer in if you want it done, wait 6 months and see how you feel about it. My opinion is that it was very wrong of MIL to take Dez to have it done. How about if you and Larry would band together and make Dez remove the ring? The piercing would eventually close up and she would know that you guys are serious with your request. Well, I have probably said more than I should of, but it seems like you take alot from the kids and I know this isn't good for your health. Do know that with all of my advice, the reason why I'm giving it is because I care about you!!!

Cheryl: Ya, I had a feeling ol' Ruben would get it. I hate to sound like a poor sport, but I really wonder if he will be able to handle the pressure. I think his weight could play a big part in it. Did you notice how he really breaks out in a sweat when he's preforming?
Old 05-22-2003, 12:57 PM   #15  

Gayle I do appreciate the advise. We do not give Jay any money. He is on his own. He has a car so that means insurance and gas. He doesn't work at all. He sells stuff on e-bay though. Some of it "hot" which I do not approve of. He is going to get rid of the car because it is about toast. So he will only need money for bus fare. His education is paid for by the metis federation. Larry and I just chatted and Jay was saying that he would work full time one month the 2 days a week after that til school starts. Larry is leaning towards that. I don't know, maybe I am being to hard. I think that he has to work like the rest of adults. Two weeks off for the summer.
Now Dez....well there is no way that I could get her to take out the earrings. Not with the attitude that she has. Larry wouldn't back that up either. He thinks that I am being to hard on the kids.
I told Larry that I am through with the kids. I don't want to parent any more. I felt this way since fall. Things have just been to rough and he is a softy so I have to deal with the crap. Now I turned the tables and told him nobody likes confrontation and it was his turn to do it. He hates and is to soft so they are getting away with more stuff. I just can't handle the stress any more.

Oh well I have said ENOUGH!
Closed Thread