Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Cooooooooool Fat Cows

OKAY HERE IS THE NEW THREAD-----dont' know how to do a POLLdid anyone notice that WABBY lost **********FIVE******************* pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations for sticking it out cool girl and HOW about any of you other big fat tanks??????any one thinking of LOOOOseing anything besides your SANITY????????????????????????????????
Old 05-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Default Re: Cooooooooool Fat Cows

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagzz
HOW about any of you other big fat tanks??????any one thinking of LOOOOseing anything besides your SANITY????????????????????????????????
Lost that months ago! Way to go Wabby!! Still on the bandwagon but slipping a bit. Will exercise later.

I was surfing the net looking for a recipe for dinner (came up with Beef and Cabbage Casserole - like anyone but me is going to eat it, but I had beef and cabbage on hand) and found some lovely household hints like: How Often Should You Change Your Dishrag? and Prolonging the Life of Bananas

I can't believe I said the internet was boring last week
Old 05-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #3  

Quote:
I can't believe I said the internet was boring last week
Sugar, I'm still fascinated w/ making a cool whip dollop.

I'm tired from watching Peaches get ready to move. Actually I'm just tired. I got nothing accomplished this weekend, and I took long naps on Saturday and Sunday both. We went to good friends 53rd birthday Sunday afternoon. I wish our friends would quit getting so old. I went out for a girl's night on Saturday. We even went downtown (something DH refuses to do) and watched Laurel Canyon which was an off beat movie, can't decide if I liked it or hated it, and then went to a Greek restaurant, where I resisted all the good stuff and dessert too. One of the friends was a woman, a close friend of my sister's, who, 20 years ago was an alcoholic. She became suicidal and drove herself out to a remote park, and shot herself in the head. She then realized she didn't die, so she laid down on the seat of the car. She just thought she'd wait for the grim reaper to arrive. She said she laid there for an hour or so, listening to Merle Haggard tapes over and over. Then she heard an inner voice tell her that there was a plan for her life and she'd better get herself to the hospital, so she drove herself back to town and to the hospital. Isn't that an amazing story? She lost an eye, but other than that she is fine. Now she goes around to AA meetings and volunteers her story to inspire other ppl.

So what do you think the moral of this story is?
Old 05-19-2003, 03:33 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh, that's easy

After listening to Merle Haggard tapes endlessly, she realized the only way to make them stop was to get up and go to the hospital. Seriously, that is an amazing story. Something like that happens to you, you have to feel there is a reason for your life. Of course, I suppose we should all feel that way, but personally I don't want to go tothe brink to find out.

Believe it or not, I have decided to drive. I know the train sounds so much nicer, and it would be more relaxing, but I've done it before, so I know what it would be like. I would start feeling confined really quickly, and I would very likely never get any sleep, even overnight. That's just the way I am. Never could even sleep in class...

Sis is in the hospital right now, baby will no doubt come sometime tonight. I'll be on the road tomorrow morning.

And then Thursday I'll be back online. heh heh

Kiwi
Old 05-19-2003, 05:28 PM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

amazing indeed that story. some of us have such boring lives. she isnt' disabled from the shooting?

I wish I had got to start the thread for I have a poll question: (nobody cares if you've heard it before or not so shut up .. you know if I'm talking to you)
  • should Peaches move to the old house that she can't find insurance for
  • should peaches move to the new house on the hwy in the boondocks?
  • should peaches get some Merle Haggard tapes?
  • or what?
Old 05-19-2003, 07:15 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

PEACHES SHOULD MOVE TO THE OLD HOUSE IN THE GOOD LOCATION---ADD SOME INSULATION AND THEN GET INSURANCE LATER IF YOU ARE ALLOWED---WHY CAN'T WE LOOK FOR ANOTHER HOUSE IN ANOTHER GOOD LOCATION???????
Old 05-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

or what
Old 05-19-2003, 07:18 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

[SIZE=huge] I AM FATTER THAN A DROP STOMACHED COW [/size]
Old 05-19-2003, 07:19 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hi keee weee--drive carefully tomorrow,enjoy your trip,take a picture of your new baby and send it to us----i am going for a walk--it is warm outside--------
Old 05-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #10  

None of the above. I vote that Peaches should not ask Herbie. I vote that Peaches should not ask the cows. I vote for Peaches making her own decision because only Peaches has to live with the outcome. Peaches has a very good head on her sholders and what she thinks is what is important. Now think.

It's late afternoon and I'm hungry. This is a new sensation for me.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:03 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I liked Wabby's answer so much that I've decided to move to Oregon and live with her in her house.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:15 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
I liked Wabby's answer so much that I've decided to move to Oregon and live with her in her house.
Me too! Wabby's so sensible. When does the next bus leave? I'll pick you up on the way, Peachy!

I mowed the lawn yesterday, what there is of it, anyway. You'd think after 8 years we would have gotten the lawn problem under control.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:26 PM   #13  

I'd be happy to evict Grandpa Jim from his mobile home next door to make room for you cowsies. He absolutely will not behave himself. He was supposed to sell some of his cars (3) and his motorhome. He was supposed to clean up some of the junk around his place. He thinks if you put a blue tarp over it, it becomes invisible. I don't think there's any way to change his packrat tendencies. At 93, I think he's kind of set in his ways. Some day I'll take a picture of his place and post it so you can see what I'm griping about. I can't figure out why, out of 9 kids, we happened to be the ones elected to take care of him. Just lucky.

The way to get the lawn mowing under control is to have the man of the house take care of it. I don't even know how to work ours. The trade off is that DH doesn't know how to run the washer.

I took my dogs for a walk last night. I may not lose weight, but they're going to be in shape.

We want to go camping for Memorial Day weekend, but all the campgrounds are full. Is that how it is in the rest of the world? We have tons of public land, but they haven't built any new campgrounds in decades.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:13 PM   #14  

I wonder what Kiwi's doing right now. Trying to stay awake so those little ones don't bring down the house?
Old 05-21-2003, 03:31 PM   #15  
Most boring housewife.

wabby, are you lonely???? where is that sugar??? are you sure gramdpa him isn't from nj?????? i never get myself out to walk. are you still going to curves?????
my ds is in a show tonight. you would think this would be cute....but it is usually so lamely done that even the parents think it is terrible. maybe they'll surprise me.
i'll be back.....like i have anywhere else to go.....i don't do anything else on the internet anymore because typing with my left hand, though improving, is slow.
Closed Thread