Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #76  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i only had one margie last night so i hope kiwi can understand me-----i vote for pleasing the only you like wabby---the man i think----------and i vote that you keep being mean------------it suits the pasture----some of the threads are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEe----it's scary!!!---dd19 is having a party in basement for someone turning nineteen {legal drinking age} they have put a tent outside-should i be nervous????
Old 06-07-2003, 08:01 PM   #77  
loves kleenex box art

I want to know why I win all the prizes when I click on here. Doesn't anyone else have any luck? What's in that tent? What's in the basement? Bagz, you sound like Frappe!!!
Old 06-07-2003, 11:24 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

Tent? That sounds a little suspicious to me. I think a giant flashlight might solve that problem....
Old 06-08-2003, 08:10 AM   #79  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

You know i used to find frappe's description of teenage life quite scary,and now that i have found it all to be true,and that it has a life of it's own,i dare not judge others------------wabby i ask you to attest for me that when they get out of highschool your influence takes a major dive----------------i am sure they still know what you think,but it seems to have little effect on their decisions------i am getting so ollllllllllldddd----how will i ever survive ds's teen hood???????? helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

Last edited by Bagzz; 06-08-2003 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:22 AM   #80  
loves kleenex box art

Who is dd8 and what happened to your little boy? I have let ds drive about two blocks since getting his permit. The weather has been bad and our road is all mud and holes. I was talking to a dad whose son has had his permit for a month and he has taken him onto the interstate! Is this man nuts? I think so. DS is right now at boy scout camp. He didn't want to go. He didn't take his uniform. He didn't take his swim suit. Go visit his website. He wants traffic. www.tuahan.com

Grumplezoid.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #81  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagzz
how will i ever survive dd8's teen hood???????? helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
Help, indeed, where have you picked up another daughter?

Peaches, darling, the driver's permit implies letting the kid drive. If your road is too muddy, drive the car out to the unmuddy part and make DS start driving there. I would certainly think a month of frequent driving practice was enough to allow someone to start driving on the interstate, unless said section of interstate was hellishly busy. All depends on the person, I suppose. Of course country roads are ideal for driving practice.

Anyway, what's wrong with mud and holes? It'll teach him to drive slower.

Kiwi
Old 06-08-2003, 10:06 PM   #82  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have made corrections so your corrections will sound petty-----------i hope that will chasten you and make you grovel----------------- I KNOW I HAVE A SON----THE QUESTION IS=====HOW DO I SURVIVE HIS TEEN HOOD????? I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FIRST GO ROUND!!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #83  
loves kleenex box art

LOL !!!! Bagzizilla, you are so funny!!! But honestly, I'd even like you if you'd stay sober for a day or two. I'm not doing all that well with teen hood ness as that snotty kiwi will tell you. Having a learners permit means that in a year, he could, but won't, apply for a license. There is no rush to get on the freeway.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:43 AM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah well, when I was a teenager, I couldn't wait to get my license. Heck, N.C. was one of those states where you actually had to be 16 to get your license, unlike S.C. and, I think, Florida, where the age was younger! I just figured it was a southern thing, that penchant for driving. But maybe it's only kids who can't wait to get away from their parents! That was me.

Popcorn sure is full of air. Burrrrrrp

Snotty Kiwi
Old 06-09-2003, 09:20 AM   #85  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

finally a cat fight has broken out---ever since cowatoria scared off any new posters it has been very dull around here----who wants to tell Kiwonkata-helga how to fix her kitchen sink??????------the backwoods of kiwonga's land has no freeways---even the frontwoods are pretty tame-----you have to hit the Mass Turnpike to have fun merging into traffic----------
Old 06-09-2003, 12:31 PM   #86  

Face it, Cowpernia, you'll have to untie those apron strings sooner or later. Take him out on the interstate. It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Once they get their license they'll have to get in at least one accident to convince themselves that they can.

Did you notice that I didn't correct you Bagzie? I always give you some slack when you've been on the sauce. I think the tent is a good idea. That way they're less likely to burn down the house. I'm so happy the legal drinking age around here is 21. My kids had to take a 6 hour drive to Canada if they wanted to party. Because of course, they would never drink when they were underage.

I didn't realize ramekins were something that ppl desired enough to outbid you for. What are you cooking, Kiwi?

I lived through the baby shower. Actually it turned out better than I expected. I need to have one social event at my house a month so that I'm forced into cleaning house. The weather co operated and it was only the low 80's. 15 degrees cooler than the day before, and I had it outside, amongst the twittering birds and lovely flowers. You should have been there.

I didn't win anything at Bunco but I had fun. And a sliver of cheesecake.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:42 PM   #87  

What do you think about Hillary Clinton's book and her blathering on with whoever will listen about her husband's philandering ways????
Old 06-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #88  
The magic shrinking cow

I love how she says in interviews "I'm a private person." I guess for a big enough advance she'll tell the world everything.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:45 PM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't exactly dislike Hilary, although I can't help but wonder why she felt she needed to take the time out of her busy senatorial schedule to dish the dirt in a memoir. Household budget getting out of hand?

I made salmon puffs one day last week, and I had to use a muffin tin! Isn't that just awful? Maybe I'll make crème brulée in my new ramekins, assuming someone doesn't steal them out from under my nose in the last few hours of bidding. I'm putting their picture below; aren't they cute? No, you can't have them.

The high school had their award ceremony today. DD received certificates of excellence in 6 subjects. Isn't she fab? Plus, we got to eat really good junk food afterward. Chocolate covered rice krispie squares, no-bake cookies, chips, cheese, mmmm. And I met her English teacher, who we had somehow missed meeting all year, and had her tell us how wonderful DD is and what an inspiration she is to make her a better teacher. "She challenges me" was how she put it. I said, "I hope in a good way."

This week they have final exams for 3 days; it's the first time DD has had to do that. I asked her how today's went -- "it was easy". hmph.

Kiwi
Closed Thread