Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY....hahahaha, sweet talk my co-worker into another smoked chicken, well she is female and pretty sure straight, don't think she would appreciate me batting my eyelashes and smiling at her. cracking me up. Xh was santa, bad santa and a jerk all rollled up into one...haha

Ate some of Laura's taco soup for lunch, mouth is on fire baby. Oh yeah feel the burn. Turned down going out to lunch to keep my workout appt with co-worker. Walked on the elliptical for 30 minutes, however today went 1.70 miles and burned 270 calories. 30 minutes is a long time for something not enjoyable. Altho 35 years is a long time to work when you would rather play!

Gonna clean up my soup mess in the kitchen and get back at it.

Good day chickies.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #122  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I had to leave early. some how I am pinching a nerve in my neck.
Not a lot but it just began. Taking Aleve and reclining with the frozen peas!
I'll try and catch up with you tomorrow.

BTW....CEEJAY.....my daughter told everyone that BD cake was calorie free!!
The women were cracking up. She must be related to your Sister
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi all,

Just a quick one for now. I'm feeling better. Think it's the xanax doing it's job. I've needed these for a long long time.
I'll be back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #124  

Mellie - Take care of your neck. You need to get someone to massage it for you - do you have Igor on speed dial??

Annie - You go girl!! I agree, the cardio machines are boring, but you're doing it!!

Happy - Meant to tell you that you were up well past everyone's bed time!! You're quite the night owl. Yeh, those "Worst Cooks" stir frys looked tasty.
===
Had a 1.2 pound loss at weigh-in today. Good thing I skipped breakfast, haha.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #125  

Ceejay - glad you're feeling better!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #126  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well it was a beautiful day today until some b*st*rd came along and stuffed it right up. Seems that not only do we amble from crisis to to crisis but we only make rules for some and not others.And we exist simply for the powers that be to able to ram their size 12s into the mouth on various occasions.

But, I am not going to let it bother me any more. I have said my piece, and now will retire back to my corner and let them dig themselves out of the hole.

Annie - enjoyed the photos you put up. Exdh and g/f sure look like sourpuss'. Great going on the exercise and I look forward to the positives coming up daily. Happy does not need any more ice cream, so be gentle on her. And I won't take any of the soup thank you.

Happy - good to hear the bloodwork is okay and that the foot is coming along.
I'm surprised to hear about the rotten reception you get with the mobile phone. I've been hanging on to my landline but the costs are getting greater and I may yet get rid of it.
To do lists are great, can't live without one over here.

Ceejay - glad to hear that you are feeling better

Mel - love the tea set. I'll have an Earl Grey - no milk, no sugar thanks. I always thought the birthday cakes were calorie free and if you ate them standing up, they were actually negative calories.

Michelle - good to hear that the massage has helped your back so much. Also well done for putting the roomy on track. Alcohol never helped much in the solving of problems, but I can see how once or twice it might help.

Better go sort out some more problems. There is enough to go around twice or three times if any one wants any
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #127  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Happy Hippity Hoppity Hump Day....that was for the Easter Bunny...

Today's Positive..it only snowed on the grass last night so no slip sliding away on the way to work this morning. Made it in record time. Of course no Starbucks, grocery store, or MCDs coffee stops today. Filled my water jug and away we go!!!

MELLIE...sorry to hear about your pinched nerve. I love the pea idea and keep a bag out in the freezer in the garage for that purpose only. Feel better poopy sister...lol

SHADDIE...to say the least, yes they are sourpuss'. Seems there is always someone at that jobsite to ruin a perfectly good day for you. They must know my x...lol

CEEG...glad the zannie worked for you. THey are like gold around here. Altho I have not had to take one in several months...I use them when my anxiety gets out of control.

LAURA...yahoooooooooooooo on the loss. Congrats....what is your total now?

Hello and good morning/evening to all you lovely ladies.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #128  
Happy September

Morning chicks.
I sat and watched TV. Did nothing exciting.
Feel better today. I think it was a case of aggravation.
My body had a chit fit as a result.
My mind might still be able to work,
but the body says screw you & goes on strike.
Going into the 50's today and then cold again.
I think we might go to the supermarket Thurs or Fri.
We'll see. Richie is liking food shopping.
Makes him feel needed!!! Maybe I'll let him go!!!
Have a great day

Annie....the pictures are cute but couldn't get 2 to enlarge.
Seems I am missing all the FB funnies. LOL
It must have felt good to see the ex looking like
Too frassing funny!!!!

Happy.....A lot of the Seniors here have a landlind & a cheap cel phone.
I just had to delete my post to you.
I see you already made the decision in your next post
Hope it all works out.
Did ya save me some Chinese???
I am glad to hear DH got a good report!!
Hope your foot keeps improving & it's not sore today

Shad....I am so sorry to hear that job is so drama oriented.
What a pain in the frassing arse.
I will make a cuppa Earl Grey for you!
When you talk to these guys...please do not pick up any pointe or sharp objects

Ceejay....Glad the pills are working.
It's that time of year when we will all be feeling better soon.
Hope the work situation with the bosses is still good.
Think good thoughts

Laura...yes you did and I thought the Spa idea was great!
I think it's a great way to begin the Summer.
All scrubbed and refreshed.
So what did you find at Walmart????
Igor on speed dial....
No but I have Chris from out rooftop A/C repair on speed dial.
He's even better!!!

Michelle...happy to hear the massage did so much good.
Hope the restful night added to the back feeling better.
I told Jen I hope when the weather warms up we'll all be feeling better

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Your spa idea sounds like heaven to me right now. I think that is a great idea. Not sure if there are any in Jonesboro or not but I'm looking into it.

Mel
Your description fits my body and brain to a T. Think I'd let I'd let Richie do the food shopping. Hope the pinch nerve is better today.

Annie
I'm only supposed to take the Xanax when I have a panic attack but that ordeal was enough for me. I'm glad I had them. Didn't realize that it was supposed to snow in your area. Glad the roads were good.

Shad
Are you working in my department? !!!!! Or does this go on every where.
I feel for you.

Michelle
Glad you and new room mate are getting along.
And the dogs too.
---------
No news is good news. Things have settled down in my mind but will always be on my toes from now on. And I'm learning to speak my mind. I do not want them to think they can run over me.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #130  

Grumpy today and don't have much to say. This weather is getting me down. 23 degrees this morning. Sigh.

Shad - Sorry you've got a lot of drama and crises at your end. Bah. Almost Thursday there, your weekend is getting close.

Annie - Glad you're feeling more positive about the weather today than I am. Though I am grateful there was only a teeny bit of snow in spots on the sidewalk and I didn't slip or fall once walking to the train station this morning. I agree with Shad - not a real smile between the ex and his partner. I prefer the other approach: Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Mel - Glad you're feeling better today. Hope the body is ready to get back to work for you. Nice that Richie likes shopping. I didn't go to Walmart, but bf did later in the evening last night. I don't think he enjoyed it much because he had trouble finding a couple things I had on the list because stupid walmart had them in illogical spots. And while I'm ranting...nothing you buy at walmart is in undented or uncrushed condition, so we'll no longer buy taco shells there. Okay, that sounds sort of comical, so I guess my rant is over, LOL. What did bf buy there? Once he found my facial moisturizer (with the hand/body lotion, duh, see what I mean?), he bought that, contact lens solutions, shampoo and other boring stuff. Nothing exciting, sorry to say. Ah, yes, Chris. If your neck is still troubling you, definitely ring him up!!

Ceejay - Good for you to speak up for yourself - if people think they can run roughshod over you, they'll do it if it benefits them. Yes, find a spa, or even just a nice place that offers massages and whatnot. Being pampered is just what we need every once in a while.
---
Nothing to report. Stripped every last bit of meat off of some leftover rotisserie chicken and bf used part of it for chicken soft tacos. Yum.

Well, I didn't eat breakfast this morning so I went to buy something and instead of an egg white/veggie frittata I ended up w/ a bagel and cream cheese. Been a looonnng time since I had one, but still, it's a calorie bomb and not gonna help me lose any weight. Can't wait to see how many points ww will assign to it - I guess at least 10.

Nothing planned tonight. Really just feel like hunkering down in my snuggy until this winter weather passes.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #131  
Annie - Indiana

Finally quit snowing and now the sun is out...Yeah! Good thing as C went fishing in this mess. He will probably freeze his arse off. I told him not to bring any home with him this time as it was too cold to clean them outside and he wasn't doing it in the house or garage.

LAURA...I am so over this weather also, but trying to stay positive about it. It is hard sometimes. Cheer up...see how when we are grumpy or in a bad mood we eat badly...i.e. bagel and cream cheese.

CEEG...good for you standing up for yourself. More of us should do that also.

Taco soup for lunch today. Skipping exercising today and going back at it tomorrow. My legs are to sore.

Keep smilin'
Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #132  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Sounds like all of us (with the exception of Shad) are anxiously awaiting spring and better weather. Me too.

I was finally able to wade through all of the muckety muck with the mobile phone stuff and decided that for what we need, what we can expect and what we want to pay - the pay as you go plan is the best for us. Was like pulling teeth to figure out the specifics though. Just like figuring out insurance - big mystery and you just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Laura - hope you enjoyed the bagel. One of the girls at work would get the mini bagels and ff cream cheese and I think those were 2 points. Of course that's not much to eat. WW has a sale and those mini bars are 2 points a piece and are the size of the fun size snack bars. Who only eats one of those???? Geez that would make me feel depressed and deprived. I hear you about Walmart's goofy store set up. It always takes me 3 times as long to go into that store - first extra time to find stuff, second negotiating the aisles with those special Walmart shoppers who always block access and go slow and then you wrap up the rest of your wasted time at the checkout aisle. The only reason I go there is because we can't get everything at our local market. When I had access to Target, I never went to Walmart although the store here is very nice and clean and neat compared to what we had in TN. And if you ask for help, the employees are super helpful. I guess I just get annoyed with the shoppers themselves - especially the ones who reek of old cigarettes and dirty clothes. Congrats on a loss for the week

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better. And you are right - you don't have to be a fiesty pit bull, but you have to let people know you are not a doormat so they go find someone else to take advantage of.

Mel - love your post today. Glad Ritchie likes the shopping. Since he does alot of cooking, that would just make it convienient. Hope your shoulder is doing better. Igor's number on speed dial - but not such a bad idea

Annie - still doing good there lady. Do some gentle stretches in the shower to pull those sore kinks out.

Shad - yes landlines are getting more expensive to maintain and the phone companies are trying to push people to cell phones but... if you are rural like us, cell service is spotty. They don't put many towers up this way and we also have to deal with the rolling landscape and trees. From what I understand the signals travel in a straight line ^ === and don't roll around or over objects ^~~~~~ so that's why my neighbors get a better signal than us. I can see them dropping land lines in the city where there's alot more to maintain and easier cell service although doing that would totally upset the seniors like my Mom who don't have a cell phone and don't want to lay out the money for one although simple plans probaby are cheaper than their landline costs. Are you finding at work that sometimes it's just better to shut up and say nothing? It's just fighting with yourself that it's not the right thing to do but we live in a very illogical world now.

And with that I'm off to find some lunch and get busy...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #133  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Had an exciting night last night...not in a good way. Got home from counseling and picking Santa up to find the kitchen flooded. I had put some draino in to clear a stopped drain, and I followed all the instructions to the letter. When I left, all was well or so I thought. Apparently, the 13 year old garbage disposal picked last night to crack along the side and let all the water drain into the cupboard under the sink and while I was out, it spilled on to the floor. I tried to mop it up, but it was too much. So I had to use all my towels to sop up the water. Luckily, the upstairs neighbor does a lot of the maintenance around the place, so he came over when he got home from work (around 9 pm). He found the two or three cracks in the disposal and said he could replace it but not 'till the weekend. Also the other pipes could use replacing as they're fairly corroded. So for now I have a bucket under the disposal for any water that accidentally gets down the drain and we'll have to do our dishes in a dishpan and then empty the dishpan out into the bathroom.

I was all adrenalized after all that, so I didn't get to sleep until after midnight...then I woke up and had such a bad migraine! So I stayed home today. After resting all morning, I went to the DMV to get my new license...also have to find my birth certificate (who knows where it ended up after the move) so I can get a new Social Security card. And I went to the laundromat to wash all the towels that were used to mop up the floor last night.

Right now, I'm trying to get a few things taken care of so that my ex can do the taxes this weekend, and then I'll go relax some more.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #134  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS

GOING TO GIVE SHOPPING A TRY.
JEN CAN PUSH THE CART.
WE'LL JUST USE ONE THIS TIME.
I WOULD LIKE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A FEW ANYWAY.
WINDY AND COLD HERE AGAIN.
SNOW FURRIES COMING
BUT NOT ACCUMULATION THEY SAID.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY...GOOD FOR YOU STAYING ON YOUR TOES.
WE HAVE ENOUGH TIRE TRACK FROM PEOPLE RUNNIN G OVER US! LOL
I THOUGHT OF YOU THIS MORNING WITH MY STUFFED UP NOSE!
MAYBE I AM ALLERGIC TO SNOW FLURRIES!

LAURA....WE'RE GOING SHOPPING AND BUYING NOTHING EXCITING EITHER. LOL
WALMARTS DOES DO THINGS IN WEIRD WAYS.
OURS HAD THE BABY FOOD BY THE BABY CLOTHES!!
I FINALLY HAD TO ASK SOMEONE THAT YEAR WHERE IT WAS HIDING
I AM AFRAID IF I CALL CHRIS I MIGHT END UP WITH A BROKEN NECK!!!
A BAGEL & CREAM CHEESE?? <------THAT SAYS IT ALL!! LOL

ANNIE....NOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??
DON'T CHA KNOW THAT CLEANING SCALES & TAILS UP LATER IS HALF THE FUN!!
TO SAY NOTHING OF SMELLING FISHY FOR WEEKS!!

HAPPY....LAURA'S IDEA OF IGOR ON SPEED DIAL IS A GREAT ONE
BUT ONE NIGHT WITH EITHER HIM OR CHRIS...I COULD END UP IN HOSPITAL!
GLAD YOU DECIDED WHAT TO DO WITH THE PHONES.
I HAD FORGOTTEN YOU CAL MOM & SIS CHECKING UP TOO.
THAT'S GOTTA BE COSTLY ON THE MONTHLY BILL.

MICHELLE....DOESN'T THE LANDLORD PAY FOR ALL OF THAT??
I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SUCH A BIG MESS TO CLEAN.
THE WET TOWELS MUST HAVE WEIGHED A TON!
HOPE THE BACK IS DOING OK WITH ALL THAT
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Back to work today. I'm going to try and get in to see my doc today...after I check to make sure she's covered under my new insurance. I'm running low on some meds.

==================

MEL - Good luck with the shopping. I hope you don't overdo it. Maybe get more frozen peas for your neck. You are right...cleaning up the flood did do a number on my back and legs. I'm not using the cane, but if it gets worse, I might need to. The landlord will foot the bill for the repairs...but it would be cheaper for the landlord to have my upstairs neighbor do it rather than hire a plumber. My neighbor is a very skilled contractor who has done nearly all the maintenance - plumbing, electrical, etc. - for the past 15 years.

I'll try and post more later or from home.

Much love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote