Old 03-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM SORRY WE DIDN'T GET TO CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY TOGETHER.
BUT I BRING CAKE TO SHARE TODAY

SOMETIME DURING THE NIGHT I GUESS WE FINALLY GOT INTERNET SERVICE BACK. OUR BLOCK WAS OUT. IT WAS A NICE VACATION OF SORTS FROM THE WORLD AND MUCH NEEDED TOO AFTER A NOT SO GREAT AND VERY EMOTIONAL WEEK. I HAVE NOT READ ANY POSTS YET AND WILL DO SO DURING BREAKFAST. HOPING EVERYONE IS DOING WELL.
BE BACK IN A LITTLE WHILE......................
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #92  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning MELLIE....you didn't miss much except HAPPY and DH got a their new toy for OUR commune. Today is 69 and sunny until the rain comes in this evening. I WILL TAKE IT!! Sass and I slept on the couch last night as that is where we both fell asleep.

I bought a new light pink dress to get married in while in Destin next month. It really is pretty but have to send it back as I ordered it once size too large as I really do not know what size this fat body wear since gaining 30 lbs over the pat 1.5 years...hoping the fitness center gets me moving enough to drop some of this flab. How depressing.

Joel Osteen..just said God has the power to override anything so stay in faith, well then Dear God in Heaven, please override this fat mentality and help me get where I want to be....in Jesus' Name I pray..amen. Whatever you are facing is under your feet. Write a message to the devil on the bottom of your shoes....

HAPPY...may the power be with you as I cannot read sad books about losing someone, like my momma. I hope it gives you the strength you need. hugs sister. Unfortunately my exercise buddies (2) have the same motivation as I. Hopefully we can bully each other into doing it. I have to do something as I am so miserable with myself, I don't even want to make plans with anyone since gaining weight for fear of judgement. I am a mental case. It is really too bad that I LOVE to cook and bake and actually like my own cooking. I need to get my old mentality of "you taste this" "is it ok" good then I will write it down and continue with it. That way I do not eat it. Maybe I shoud pschye myself into thinking my cooking has rat poisoning in it. lol Downtown Abbey is kind of like a soap, you get hooked, then want to see what happens next with the characters. I know I am hooked.

CEEG...you poor thing, you have been battling ailments for the past couple of months. I pray you get a break from the BS and you headache goes away quickly. xoxo

Happy Sunday/Monday all...working on Cs house today. He is sleeping in at the moment as he certainly needs it. He works so hard. God love him.

Later lovies!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #93  
Happy September

THE STORM BROUGHT ABOUT 6-8 INCHES OF SNOW.
DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU STUCK THE RULER.
THE TOWN HAD A TOUGH TIME KEEPING UP.
WE HAD WHITE-OUTS WHERE THE WIND WAS SO BAD YOU THOUGHT THE SNOW WAS FOG.
SOME THUNDER TOO. REALL A BAD STORM.
BUT THE TEMPS HERE KEEP RISING AD MELTING IT.
AT NIGHT IT'S ICY.
TODAY LOOKS LIKE WE HARDLY HAD ANY SNOW!! LOL
WE HAD THE DRIVEWAY DONE YESTERDAY.
OF COURSE LOTS OF CONFUSION & THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED.
JEN & RICHIE HELPED OUT WITH KEYS AND CARS.
THE BIRTHDAY WENT BY AND I CANCELED EVERYTHING.
TOLD JEN WE CAN CELEBRATE NEXT WEEK.
I WAS JUST TO TIRED AND TOO MANY ACHES & PAINS WITH THE WEATHER.
FEELING MUCH BTTER TODAY & HOPING IT CONTINUES.
I DID NOTHING PHYSICAL TO HELP ANYONE.
JUST KEPT POINTING, TAKING AND BARKING ORDERS.
I'M GETTING SO MUCH BETTER AT THAT LAST PART!!
RICHIE GAVE ME A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS.
HE RARELY SEES ME IN ACTION BUT IT AMAZED HIM.
I TOLD HIM I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF SISTERS THAT CAN DO THE SAME RIGHTHERE ON 3FC!!
HE AND JEN LAUGHED.
I MISSED YOU GALS

CEEJAY....SO GLAD THEY DID THE BATHROOM.
THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SUCH A GREAT SURPRISE.
IT MUST LOOK AND FEEL SO BRANDY NEW!!
YOU AND EXERCISE ARE TRUL;Y AMAZING. GREAT JOB WITH THE MILEAGE.
HOPE ALL THE HEADACHES ARE GONE NOW.
WE HAD SOME REAL BEAUTS WITH THESE STORMS.

MARY......NICE TO SEE YOUR TURTLE HEAD POPPING IN.
DO IT MORE OFTEN!!!

LAURA.....A SPA WEEKEND SOUNDS GREAT!!
WHAT A GREAT TIME TOO. SPRING BREAK!!
THANK GOD I AM DISABLED & NOW OFFICIALLY A SENIOR CITIZEN....NO JURY DUTY!!
A BIG CONGRATS ON THE 4 LBS. WTG!!!
I WAS SHOCKED AT THE WOMAN'S SALAD COUTNT FOR POINTS!!
WHEN I FIRST BEGAN THE NS, THE CALORIE COUNT WAS EYE OPENING!!

HAPPY....I GOT YOUR CARD. BELIEVE ME IT DID A WORLD OF GOOD.
I HADN'T GOTTEN THE MAIL FOR DAYS. I KEPT FORGETTING.
THEN I FOUND IT ON MY BD!!! LOL
LOVED IT & THANK YOU FOR THE HEALING THOUGHTS
SHOULDER & BACK ARE MUCH BETTER.
SORRY YOUR TAXES ARE BEING SUCH A PAIN.
WITHOUT THE INTERNET, I GOT MY ONE PAGE DONE
OUR MAINT MEN USE THE SNOW BLOWER EVEN WHEN IT'S ONE INCH!!
HOPE YOU BOTH LOVE THE NEW MAN TOY!!
I AM SURE DH WILL FIND MANY JOURNIES FOR YOU BOTH TO ENJOY.

SHAD......OMG!!!! I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS BEING YOUR WEEKEND HOME.
WHAT WHAS I THINKING??? I AM SO VERY SORRY.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY HEAD HAS BEEN LATELY.
PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY.
SORRY THE WEEKEND WAS SO DAMP BY YOU.
I CAN SEND YOU SOME SNOW TO COVER THE LONG GRASS!!

ANNIE......GLAD WORK IS SETTLING DOWN NOW.
I CAN IMAGINE YOUR HAT COUNT BY NOW WITH THAT MOVE.
GLAD THAT C'S HOUSE IS ALMOST DONE. I FORGET THE PLANS??
6 WEDNESDAYS OF GARBAGE PICK UPS!! YIKES!!
WHAT A MESS. BET SISSY IS GLAD THE WORST IS OVER.
I LOVE OSH KOSH FOR KIDS. THEY ARE ADORABLE.
BET HE IS GROWING LIKE A WEED TOO.
HOW IS THAT FITNESS CENTER. NICE??
HOPE YOU DO HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH. GOOD INCENTIVE.

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU & THE FRIEND WILL BE HAPPY TOGETHER.
AT LEAST SHE KNOWS SHE'S NOT ALONE & SHE HASA GOOD FRIEND.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #94  
Happy September

ANNIE....YOU SNEAKERINNER!! LOVE THE IDEA OF A PINK DRESS ON YOU WITH YOUR HAIR & COLORING. GREAT CHOICE!!
IF JOEL SAYS IT'S SO...THEN IT WILL BE SO!!
I LOVE HIM!! HE PERKS ME RIGHT UP.
THE KIDS HAVE THE PHONE & KEYS.
I HAVE NO PHONES OR PROBLEMS TODAY
SO LET'S GO OUT AND CELEBRATE
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #95  

Morning all.

Mel - Welcome back after the involuntary break. Glad you made it through the latest winter delight. Yup, it's all melting like crazy here too. Sorry you had to cancel a bday celebration, but now you get to celebrate it and enjoy it without the weather-related chaos. Enjoy! No jury duty for seniors? I wasn't aware of that.

Annie - Nice that you have workout buddies to support you and each other. That'll really help. And a very special event like your wedding should certainly help!!! (Sounds like you made the decision to marry during your vacation!!!! Whoo!!) Yeh, I can certainly see how cooking and baking would make it all the more difficult to eat the right things and portions. Maybe you can start experimenting with lightening up your recipes or collecting new ones?? Don't be so hard on yourself, it's time to see solutions, not berate yourself!!! Got it??!! Back to your Friday post...what bargains you got for the li'l guy!! Bf and I will have to try the Seasons 52 in our area - bf's friend tends bar there, btw.

Happy - How exciting it's going to be to tool around on that fancy new ATV this spring/summer!! Just going outside to get the paper and to pick up after the dog this morning was nice - it's mild and the air had that springy smell. Surely winter won't be there for a "few months" yet???!!! To me "few means more than two months, and that's what - May or June??? Surely April will bring some milder, spring-like weather?? Sure hope so!! :flower2: Re the home office - yes, we have all the items owed to us now, and a really nice keyboard tray that is nearly like the one I have at work - very sturdy, high quality. The file organization, however, will continue... Sorry to hear about the popcorn shop closing down. Very sad to see so many closed businesses in town. A lot of restaurants in our area closed over the past few years, but it's good to see some of them open as something else.

Ceejay - Sorry to hear about the headache - I hope it's gone now. Have you decided to go to have a meal w/ the uncles today? Rain is in our forecast today. It rained a bit early yesterday and today, and the backyard is really soggy from the melting snow.

Shad - Hope you were able to get some yard work done over the weekend. How did your hair turn out?? I hope your trip back to Darwin was as good as the one out.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies - hope your weekends are going well!
====
Mild weather today, ahhh. The flower and garden show opened this weekend. I'm going on Friday afternoon and I hope that good garden scent is still there by then!

Friday bf and I went out for Thai food, yum. Picked the healthiest options that I learned of online - steamed potstickers, tom yum soup, and cashew chicken.

Yesterday I ran a couple errands, but spent too much time at the thrift shop. Ended up buying quite a bit more than usual there, but things just caught my eye. I bought the usual 5 for a $1 paperbacks; a decorative knick-knack of some natural wood formation that I can't quite describe, but found interesting; a beautifully printed tablecloth with vivid colors; a light green linen table runner that I'll either use as-is or cut in two and make dishtowels; a pretty scarf; a summery short-sleeved camp shirt and a
very nice raffia sun hat. The sun hat, I learned, is actually by an Australian designer, Helen Kaminski. Ever heard of her Shad? The hats go for big bucks based on what I saw on her website. Outside of winter headwear, I very rarely wear hats except for ball caps while gardening or dogwalking. Sure wish they were more popular here. They need to be - people need to do more to protect their skin from the sun's harmful rays. I think people in Shad's part of the world are much more aware. Shad - do you agree??

In the afternoon, bf and I went out to lunch (middle eastern, skipped the few fried falafel and the olive oil on the baba ghanoush dip), and then to the gigantic, fabulous electronics palace nearby. They are having one of their customer appreciation sales and we went there to replace our crummy old bedroom tv. It was very busy, but we finished our shopping in a surprisingly short amount of time. We found a nice flat-screen and also bought the mounting rack and shelf for it as well. I also finally bought myself an immersion/hand blender. Whoo! Might have to make a smoothie today to christen it, lol.

I've watched 3 episodes of Monarch of the Glen - it's much more lighthearted than Downton, and I'm enjoying the show itself and the gorgeous scenery. One of the actors on that show went on to create Downton - Julian Fellowes. No surprise that Downton ends up featuring Scotland in one of the episodes...

No plans today. After I post this, I'll get online to see if I can register for the park district fitness class passport and the kettlebell class. I suppose I really should go work out...don't feel like it...bleh.

Enjoy what's left of your weekends everyone!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #96  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

The new ride has arrived girls...

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #97  
Choose your hard

Happy Daylight Savings Day - the one day a year I always felt cheated because we lost an hour. But then again when we gained it back in the fall it always made me smile. Takes a couple of days to get used to the time change.

Annie - I think you will look Pretty In Pink. I agree with Mel - with your coloring you will look gorgeous. As for the weight issues, be proud that you did not gain the weight back that you once carried - this IS a sign of discipline you know. And when you lose a big amount of weight - one always seems to lose below the body's ability to set point and a bit of a gain is inevitable. At this point do the things you can to make yourself feel good - you look like you are making better food choices and it will help if you get some toning in at the gym. I'm sure you will make a gorgeous bride! The prettiest thing you can wear is a big smile And my interpretation of the book I am reading is not so much a sad story - more like a tribute to her Mom. There are some parts where her Mom was starting to lose it and I took note of those just for future reference while keeping an eye on my Mom. I agree with you though - books like My Sister's Keeper are just big cry fests for me. 69 degrees out by you. Oh my - what I wouldn't give... enjoy it for me and don't stay inside all day and waste the fresh air.

Mel - glad you got the card - just wish it was a birthday card So your internet was down. Whew - I think we were all thinking it was your arms bothering you. Glad you got a bit of a much needed break. Also happy to hear that you have transisitioned from I'll just do it myself over to the natural leader than you are. Crack that whip and get 'em scurrying is what I say. And everyone BETTER fear Mel's computer friends with their cattle prods and rolling pins although we are just as loveable as we are tough.

Laura - good on yah for chosing the healthier choices at the Chinese restaurant - that's not an easy thing to do when there's so many tempting choices. As for winter up here, as much as we want spring, winter is here until the end of May. We will get some warm, springlike days but it's going to be another month before we even start to kiss the 50 degree temps if that soon. I remember I could not put my garden in until the first week of June because while we got warm days, the nights still dipped towards freezing. While all of you have barely a trace of snow, we still have lots though it is starting to melt a bit. But ... this is the place I chose to live - not complaining - just wistful... Sounds like you got some really interesting stuff at the thrift shop. Pretty cool that you could repurpose the table runner as dish towels! Nice find on the sun hat too. I'll bet they are much more careful about the sun down under. Good thing they don't have that pale Eastern European skin like alot of us - we'd be burnt to a crisp after only a week's vacation. Been meaning to ask if you (or any of the chicks) have a good lentil recipe. I tried them at the heart center at DH's hospital and would like to try incorporating them into some of our meals. They had mixed lentils into a sloppy joe recipe and it was quite tasty.

Ceejay - did you try anything different with your hair or was it just the case that the color came out especially nice this time?

Shad - how did the hair come out? I tend to agree with the salt and pepper - I like it either all silver (and it must be a stunning silver) or when the first bits of gray come in and there's a nice contrast of light and dark. Hard to pull off. Merryl Streep for example in the Devil Wears Prada movie - her hair was silver and stunning. Of course it would help if we all had hair and makeup people following us around and making us look our best Did the rain let up enough to allow you to do some work?

Michelle - did the new roomie move in yet? Are you sorry you offered? Will probably be good company unless after a long day on the job you just want to sit and relax in solitude.

Not much else to say chicks. We stopped at an art store in town - art supplies to get me all excited but as DH says - FIRST I have to start on the art work. They also provide a place for local artists to exhibit their pieces. Among them they have greeting / note cards. DH has some amazing pictures of butterflies, flowers and now wildlife. I told him he should check into seeing if they will take his cards on commission - he always wanted to do that. Now we are searching for his pictures. Most of them were on an old computer whose hard drive crashed and I fear they are lost. But I just booted up my old desktop and perhaps I have something on it but the real deal is trying to get anything off of it as it is very old, cranky and persnickity.

Have a good Sunday ladies...

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Decided to spend the night with my aunt and uncle. A class mates brother had passed away so I decided I should go pay my respects. I went to stand in for my sister who was in his class.
It made for a tough drive home today as there was rain, rain and more rain.
----

Happy
The color is almost like the color changing from my dark hair to my gray hair. I love the new ride. Don't think I've seen one this big before.

Annie
I'm with the others you made the right choice with the pink dress. And yes my headache is finally gone. I'm sure that dealing with the stuff I've dealt with previously at work is the blame for it. It's not the first time but it will be the last time.

Mel
I was beginning to wonder about you. I'm glad it was the internet being off.

Laura
I do want to go to Goodwill some time and look around, but afraid of all the good stuff I'd find. I don't have any room to store things.

Shad

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-10-2013 at 06:06 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #99  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Slip, slop, slap, seek and slide - that's our mantra down here for sun stuff.
Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen, slap on a hat, seek the shade, slide on sunglasses. We have this animated duck on our screens just about every night.
Queensland is the Melanoma capital of the world, and we all - well those that care - get skin scans every couple of years. I'm due for one now. Whether we are more careful here or not, I doubt since I see all these virtually naked bodies on beaches and who look like the cooked lobster at the end of the day. Seems that after all these years, we still hanker for a tan - well those of us who don't have one do, and those that have a natural tan don't. No pleasing the human race.

My hair is now back to it's 'natural' brown with some streaky highlights. Since my hair is the normal colour of my mothers family and the thick thatch of my fathers family I would suggest that the greying will be that of my mothers family - not exactly pretty and never seems to go white, just dirty grey.

Annie - pretty in pink. Sounds nice. Have a great time and don't forget to post photos. Sorry you aren't coming to Oz, but it is a long way for a short length of time. You wouldn't get to see a lot since distances are vast.

Ceejay - new hair do for you too. Hope it looks good.

Happy - nice new vehicle. Pity you can't take it down to the shops in the good weather - or maybe you can by blazing your own trail through the neighbourhood.

Laura - more op shop bargains. Well done. I went and looked up Helen Kaminski - never heard of her before. What a load of bollocks. Even the sun visor thingy is $80. I might pay big bucks for an Akruba but not what she's touting.

Mel - it is okay. I did dial the number once and the 'voice' told me that you memory is full. Maybe that's why you never thought of it??
Seems like you have had plenty of things to do anyway what with storms and snow and cold and wind and yelling at Richie and Jen and everyone else. Barking out orders. What could be nicer?

Flight back today was pretty good. I upgraded myself to business class. They have a cooked breakfast and much better service than down in cattle class. So I am back in the work frame. It was nice at home over the weekend. I managed to mow the lawns and do some weeding and some catching up with family and friends. DS2 + G/F and I went to a Mexican restaurant called Diegos Cantina. It was nice and not too chili hot. I do not like really hot chili stuff. But this was good.
Then last night I went to my friend Chris' place for dinner. Her DH had cooked a couple of beef ribs. We had them with coleslaw and corn and potatoes and a yummy gravy.
Had a chat with the neighbour and cleaned the garbage out of my car and the day was about done. Up early this morning for my flight.

And that is about it really. I'm still in the office waiting for my ride to stop talking in his meeting. Then it is home for some dinner and a drink or two.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #100  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

NOT AWAKE YET.
NOTHING TO REPORT REALLY.
ALL I DID WAS MY TAXES AND CLEANED MY FILE CABINET.
THE PAPER WASTE JUST FROM THE GOVT OFFICES IS ASTOUNDING!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LAURA....YES I MADE IT THRU EVERYTHING. LOL
I LOVE YOUR WEEKEND OUTINGS.
HOPE THE FLOWERS STIOLL HAVE THEIR SCENTS.
THOSE WERE GREAT BUYS AT THE THRIFT STORE.
YOU REMINDED ME OF A TABLECLOTH I SHOULD GIVE MY DAUGHTER.
THAT'S ANOTHER CLOSET NEEDS CLEARING OUT!!

HAPPY.....THE TOY IS ADORABLE!! HOW CUTE IS THAT YELLOW BUG???
REMINDS ME OF AN OLD VW WE OWNED. A SUPER BEETLE.
I AM SHURE DH IS GOING TO HAVE LOADS OF FUN WITH THAT THING.
HE'SLL BE FEARLESSLY DUNE BUGGYING AROUND THE FOREST! ENJOY.
HOPE YOU GUYS CAN GET THE PICS OFF THE COMPUTER.
I STILL SEE THE PINK ROSE EVERY NIGHT. IT'S MY BOOKMARK!!

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SISTER'S CLASSMATE PASSING.
WAS GOOD OF YOU TO GO IN HER STEAD.
I THINK YOUR RAIN IS ARRIVING TODAY.
IT'S VERY DARK OUTSIDE.

SHAD....YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE.
SPEAKING OF CHRIS....HOW IS THE OTHER CHRIS DOING??
I JUST THOUGHT OF HER THE OTHER DAY.
SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT JAPAN ON TV & REMINDED ME OF HER.
THE "SLIP, SLOPPING...." HAD ME LAUGHING.
HUMANS ARE NEVER SATISFIED.
GOOD THING YOU SAID THE ANSWERING MACHINE IS FULL.
I DIDN'T KNOW!! I BETTER EMPTY THAT THING RIGHT NOW.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #101  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Sorry I've been away. Saturday was really busy...first, had a massage to try and get rid of this back pain and horrible sciatica down both legs. It helped but the pain is still quite bad. Saturday afternoon I went to a movie and dinner with a friend. The movie we saw was "Oz - The Great and powerful" because I love the Wizard of Oz and Wicked, so I thought this could be good. It was...eh...just ok. Dinner, however, was really yummy.

My roommate went to meet up with a male friend/former co-worker of hers and wanted me to join her after I got home from dinner. I was too tired, so just went home and relaxed with the dogs. Santa and her dog are getting along great, which is nice. Anyway, my roommate came home at around 11:30 and was really drunk. Her friend had picked her up and drove her home, so at least she wasn't driving drunk. Anyway, they stayed up talking until at least 2:30, which is when I finally fell back asleep.

I slept in until 10:30 or so on Sunday and was still exhausted when I got out of bed. I couldn't get my brain or body in gear all day. I watched "The Hunger Games" on DVD, which I thought was really good. It stayed fairly true to the book; though there were lots of things from the book that didn't make it to the movie in order to condense it into a 2 hour movie. I wanted to work on my resume, and some other stuff...but was just in way too much back/leg pain and too brain foggy to do much of anything. The way I felt, you'd think I had too much to drink on Saturday night...and all I had was diet coke.

Anyway, I think this new roommate situation will work out. She is really nice, and fun to talk with. I mentioned to her that if she comes home late like that, to please be quiet and respectful. And she agreed. And at least she doesn't do this on work nights.

================
No time for much in the way of personals today...other than to say, Annie, you will be such a lovely bride...you are so beautiful!!

I'll try and check in later.

Much love,
Michelle

Last edited by diyana; 03-11-2013 at 08:28 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #102  
Choose your hard

Morning ladies,

Monday Monday and both DH and I have doctor's appointments. Due to some confusion on both of our parts we have appointments an hour apart and our doctor's offices are across the parking lot from one another so someone is going to be waiting on the other.

I only have 5 minutes left and have to hop in the shower so I will say good morning and then be back later to re-read the personals I just read so I can do proper responses.

Back later...
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #103  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Girlies........

Rainy days and Mondays...stink, wish I was snuggling with Sass.

Thank you all for pepping me up about the dress and fatness. Today I brought the rest of the smoked chicken and a hard boiled egg for lunch. I had greek yogurt for breakfast. Trying to eat more proteins than anything, just as I did after bariatric surgery. Minimal carbs, no sweets, lots of veggies and medium fruit. If I could lose 10 or 15 lbs before vacay that would be great. I have 6 weeks before vacay. Pray for me to have the motivation and willpower.

Went to Cs house yesterday, he worked on the leaky toitie and got the entire kitchen painted. I hate painting. Chris is not moving fast enough for me, so I am trying to boost him along. Really he is starting to annoy me. Bout ready to rip him a new arse. Gotta be careful tho, my grandbabe resides with them..haha

HAPPY....Ooooohhh, I love our new toy for the commune. Cannot wait to go for a ride. Bet DH is like a kids in the candy store with it. From the front of it, it looks like a face.

SHADDIE...gotta love that saying...Slip, slop, slap, seek and slide - that's our mantra down here for sun stuff. Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen, slap on a hat, seek the shade, slide on sunglasses. I imagine we will be doing that while in Destin, FL next month. Hope your travels back to h*ll to work went smoothly.

CHELLE...Good you got a handle on the new roomie about coming in and being quiet about it. Sheesh that is all you need, one more thing to keep you awake at night. What kind of dog does roomid have, or did I miss that?

CEEG...sorry to hear of the death of a classmate, always makes be feel old when one of my classmates dies. Boo.

LAURA...how did you do on WW points with eating out over the weekend? You got some nice bargains at the thrift store.

MELLIE...liked the kitty pix, sent it to our cat lady in the office, she liked it too. Hope your day is quiet and maybe even a MELLI-day!

Probably ought to get my act together.

Have a marvy Monday/Tuesday all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #104  

Morning all. Rainy gloomy day today.

Happy - Love the new toy! Boy does that look like it'll be fun. Has dh gotten some routes mapped for your first ride yet?? I hope you find the photos. Hope you both have books to pass the time while you're waiting on each other this morning!

Michelle - Sorry to hear you're having such pain in your back/legs. I'm glad your insurance has kicked in and you can get some help with that. Sounds like things are good with the roommate situation - well, her dog anyway, lol. Seriously though, I hope you and she both settle in well together. I was wondering how the new Oz movie was. Also heard a critic say he was disappointed. The admin was going to see it this weekend, but she's not in today to ask...

Shad - I love that "slip, slop, slap, seek and slide". I'll have to remember that one. I'm a bit haphazard with the sunscreen - I'll use moisturizer and foundation with sunscreen in them, and apply sunscreen to my neckline/chest, but then not apply it where the skin on my arms is exposed. Duh. And on the weekends, any sort of routine often goes out the window beyond washing my face and brushing/flossing. And I definitely need to buy a pair of quality sunglasses - after my last pair broke, I've been wearing a crummy old pair that are low quality and the size of the lenses probably doesn't offer much protection at all. But at least I've got a nice hat to wear now, haha. I agree, I'd never pay the steep price for something like that. Had to look up Akruba - yeh, those seem like the kind of hats that you invest in and they'd be worn for many years. Well, at least someone's Monday is over now - lucky you.

Mel - Yay for you getting your taxes done!! Still on my list of to-dos. Hopefully "nothing to report really" means the building was quiet over the weekend. Love the cat pic. Vaguely reminds me of Friday afternoon when I ran out to pay my cell phone bill down the block from the office and a huge chunk of ice fell off the building across the street and crashed to the pavement very loudly. Everyone on the street was so startled - thank goodness that didn't hit anyone!! Anyway, your little kitty is lucky it's just snow falling on his fuzzy head, LOL.

Ceejay - Good of you to pay your respects to the classmate/brother. You are right about going overboard with the shopping, even if it's thrift shopping. The little set of built-in book shelves in our home office are rather full now, so I need to do a full purge on those if I'm to keep buying used books.

Hi Annie!!
==
Nuttin' much to report here. I got online and registered for my kettlebell class that starts in April. I can't register for the passport online because they have to give me the passport punchcard. Duh. I'll go this week.

Bf installed the tv wall mount and shelf yesterday while I went off to the gym. I did a strength workout on the machines. I'm rather sore today, bah. Not a great way to start a Monday. I went home and showered, then walked the dog in the rain and we both got soaked.

Bf and I went out for an early dinner. Eating out three times over a weekend is not an easy thing when also trying to lose weight. But at least portions were under control for that meal. However, I really overdid it on the Golden Oreos yesterday. The good news is that they are now just about gone, LOL. The scale this morning seemed fine with it, but I'm not sure I'll show much of a loss at tomorrow's weigh-in. We'll see. At least I'm out of the house and those temptations today.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #105  

Hi Annie - You snuck in on me while I was blabbing away. You are the energizer bunny with all the stuff you accomplish in a weekend!! Your eating plan sounds good - sounds sort of like WW - they seem to really hate carbs and sweets, LOL. I did so-so on Saturday with my points and really tanked yesterday - I completely used up my daily points, and then finished off my weekly ones and am currently in the red. Good thing today's the last day of my ww week and I start fresh tomorrow. But back to better choices today - brought a healthy sandwich and fruits to work. We can do it!! Are you ready for your workouts this week?

Happy - I keep forgetting to answer your question from way back when - yes, we get a weekly mini-magazine at our ww meetings. Has a couple testimonies, a couple recipes, some tips, etc. All the usual rah-rah stuff, lol.