View Poll Results: Which is worse, being old or fat?
Old, at least there is a possibility of losing fat. 3 23.08%
Fat, at least there is no reason to feel compelled to do something about old. 4 30.77%
I love both. Now that I'm old who cares if I'm fat, I look like a cow anyway. 1 7.69%
I hate both equally. Oprah says that 50 is the new thirty. I'm throwing away my prime. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, where'd Peaches go? I'm back here to entertain and she ain't been here!

I hope the herbal tea works, Sugar. Be sure to tell me tomorrow. I'm going to need all the help I can get once I actually toddle off to NC to visit my lil nephews and soon-to-be-niece. I am so used to staying up half the night, sleeping fitfully for a few hours, getting up to make dd's lunch and eat breakfast, and then sleeping a few more hours during the day. If I have to get up at the crack dawn and go all day with 2 little smiling tornadoes, I will be needing an awful lot more sleep.

Guess what I did since I last posted? I started my lasagna garden! No, I'm not growing lasagna -- it's a layering method of creating a garden bed when none grew before. I soaked a load of newspapers and layered them onto the spot. If I have any energy tomorrow, I will rake up all the leaves I can find and pile them on top of the papers. Rest of the layers will have to wait until post-baby visit. I wonder if I'll ever plant anything.

I'm pooped.

Kiwi
Old 05-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, I just noticed -- 12 votes up there! Where are all these people? Come on, speak up!
Old 05-17-2003, 07:50 PM   #63  
Most boring housewife.

pliase explain lasagna garden/
Old 05-17-2003, 10:15 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I love it when you say pliase

I bought the book Lasagna Gardening after seeing it at the Flower Show last month. It looks like the ultimate lazy person's guide to gardening, so that's for me. Here's the website

I'm copying some of DD's cds so I'll have good music in the car when I go to NC. If I ever go. Right now it's Dave Matthews

kiwi
Old 05-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #65  
fatter than U

Whatever a lasagne garden is, it certainly sounds delicious! (colour=lots of garlic)

Our neighbours, who are in their 50s, have their two-year-old twin granddaughters and their 7 yr old step-granddaughter staying with them today and tomorrow. They'll be exhausted.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #66  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Here is my complaint listcolor - paprika)I DID NOT PUT THAT FACE IN TEXT !!!!!!!!! I PROTEST FACE INVASION[list=a][*]Have headache from dehydration[*]Spent day yesterday getting ready for realtor and potential buyers and they didn't come[*]Landlady is bringing over someone to look at house today who realtor says is not qualifed to buy[*]Told landlady I suggest she not bring over people who can't buy but she doesn't want to hurt their feelings[*]Realtor says this non-qualifed person is someone from school where landlady works[*]Realtor says she talked to non-qualified person and N-Q person called landlady by wrong name indicating nothing positive like friends or smart[*]Was mean to someone on internet last night and not sure I should've been (but it was an arrogant, pompous, bragging, overbearing male)[*]Boss scolded me the other day for two things 1) He can't read and thought something wasn't in story that was in first sentence (had to underline it for him to actually believe me) and 2) I left something out of a story that he thinks ought to be there[*]Hair is ugly[*]Weigh 141 (cannot eat ANYTHING and not gain weight) Body is cruel.[*]Have to pick up Ds from camping soon. He's into a phase of not wanting to leave house because he has so little time left here. Hardly supportive.[*]Don't have man in life[*]Don't have lasagna garden.[*]Don't have soulmate.[/list=a](color-alaska)

Now will go take shower and spend day dreading return of landlady with N-Q person. Landlady believes realtor not acting quickly enough so she's dragging people in with hopes of lassoing one. Realtor thinks landlady should let her do the job. Landylady hired enthusiastic man with tractor-thing and his wife with riding lawnmower and had them go over property yesterday. They spent hour going near my car. Two acres of land to choose from but felt like clearing around my car first. When I moved it, it was covered with debris. Idiot man said "I'm being careful but this thing slings." Wouldn't sling from other side of property. (color-deeppurple)
Old 05-18-2003, 12:54 PM   #67  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwww

welllllllllllllll----------------peachers,that is quite a LIST you certainly have been very busy!!!!!! i must ask---how is the weather down there???? WHAT is the temperature----Kiwi and I are finally getting some heat!!! It is actually 22 degrees here and i heard it is up to THIRTY in Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also it is sunny {hasn't been for over a week}S000000000------ i have to go outdoors until it stops---------------- i will try to send you positve thoughts like------------------"Bite the landlady"!!! Ice the Realtor!!!!! "Torch the House" and other cheery thoughts----------------
Old 05-18-2003, 02:30 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

(color=sunburn) It is hot here! DD has been out sunbathing. What a change!

Talked to my sister today -- she's still pregnant, poor kid. And she has a cold, just like mine. I haven't decided when to head out to NC. Maybe I'll take the bus/train.

Y'know, you oughta put spaces before and after your parentheses, Miss Peachfuzz, then you wouldn't look so sad. Your landlord sounds like a real piece of work. Good grief. I'm glad I don't have a landlord. Of course if I did have a landlord, I wouldn't have chunks missing out of my ceiling and floor in the kitchen, nor would I have bats or a leaky roof. But that's neither here nor there. Don'tcha love that phrase? "That's neither here nor there" Covers so much.

I'm going to go look at train schedules.

Kiwi
Old 05-18-2003, 08:02 PM   #69  
Most boring housewife.

Default yawn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwonk
(color=sunburn) It is hot here! DD has been out sunbathing. What a change!

it is 54.7F here.

i am sorry some are suffering through moving and difficulties. i'm in an ok mood today. i went food shopping anf visiting.

that's all.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:25 PM   #70  
Most boring housewife.

do you think that anyone who names herself "cool mom" could possibly be?

Last edited by Lush; 05-19-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #71  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Wasn't that Muffie's original name? Is all that blank space for us to take notes in?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:55 AM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Does Lush have a cat? My cat likes to sit on the Enter key. But her favorite button is the one with the Windows symbol on it. I guess it has something to do with her love of sleeping on Windowsills....

Muffie was coolmomto2 or something, but not here.

I can't decide whether to drive or take the train.

No offense to Muffie or any other coolmoms, but I agree with you Lush. Much like people who call themselves sexy. Even if you previously thought they were cool, or sexy, saying it negates it.

That said, I'm totally uncool.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-19-2003 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:01 AM   #73  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Cool-Sexy-Fat-Mama

There!!if i add FATTtt onto the end does that work for you????my sis in law wants to join ww's---------i told her i would go with her----------- i can't belive i am still on this bandwagon,---everytime i try i quit--------but i am so sick of weighing ONE HUNDERRRRRRRRRRD AND SIXXXXXXXXXXTEEEEEEEEEEE POUNDS-------ONLY A LIGHWEIGHT CHAMPION IN THE RING!!!-----but here,mIss Bagzzy on the Block looks like a tank------------ can i do it this time or NOT??????????-------kiwi---take the train,let someone else do the driving----you can read,drink coffee and sleep
Old 05-19-2003, 08:09 AM   #74  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Does anyone here use CallWave?

I too am uncool and unsexy and unneat. The landlady did not return with the N-Q people. Don't know why. Her dh called and told my ds they weren't coming at that time. My house looks MUCH cleaner and nicer and I'm more in the mood to move.

However, I feel very unsupported by ds who keeps noticing things that are gone (have to throw stuff out) and acting put out.

Lush does not have a cat. Only a little white dogger.

I agree about the train. Sounds funner.

Ok. Bye.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #75  
Most boring housewife.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Is all that blank space for us to take notes in?
it was the result of lrft handed typing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwionk
Does Lush have a cat?
baby orange lives in our shed. she is not a computer addict.

i'm preparing for the 10am showing of the daily show. then i'm going to figure out a few financial things. then my messy car.
Closed Thread