Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I was AOL for a couple of days. My Director arrives next week or a week here in the States and on Wed she sent me all the meetings she wants to have. It took me 4 hours to get them scheduled and find rooms and then another 4 hours to get her itineray typed up. I had all this on top of my other work. I incurred 10 hours of OT from Wed-Thursday. I was going in early, working late, bringing work home and working late. They made me work for that raise they just gave me!

TOPS was UGLY for me last night. I had a 5 lb gain!

I am so MAD at myself. BUT today I am getting back on track and STAYING there. I also told DH that I have to get back to my workouts at the Y. I have been waiting for him to join me--he needs to move-- but I can't wait forever so on Monday I will be back at the Y. I also took my work calendar and set up "breaks" for myself to daily take that walk around the building.

I won a new journal at TOPS last night (can you say that was a hint?!) and I will start using it. A girl that sits next to me at work, wants to loose 20-30 lbs by her birthday at the end of July and she asked me if we could help each other stay on track while we are at work. It seemed every thing was coming together for me to get back on track and get this done.

I am off work today and so is DH. I have a hair appointment at 1 and I hope to get to sweep out my car today and clean it up inside.

Dee: I LOVE your profile picture...very cute. We have spring temps here today as well...it just makes one feel good doesn't it?

I LOVE the plan you have made for yourself. I KNOW you can do this and I'm proud of you for going "cold turkey" with the M&M's and peanut butter

Hi to the rest of you. I hope everyone will come and post sometime over the weekend.

I'll be checking in.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #107  

Good morning. Lots of sunshine here in Ohio today. My plans today are cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Sweeping out the car and wiping everything down inside and running it through the car wash.

I also hope to have some time to do a pedicure and a manicure and maybe put away some of my heavier winter clothes.

I was on-plan yesterday and already feel better that I didn't have two much sugar.

I hope everyone has a great day and is on-plan.

Food for 3-29-13
B=3 scrambled eggs, toast, water
L=2 p of cheese, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 6 pretzel crisp
D=1/2 order of Zita at Olive Garden, large helping of salad, 2 breadsticks, water
Snack-1 chocolate chip cookie
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #108  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, I hope all of you had a great Easter ...me and dh did, we spent the day with my family, and then his....for my family we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids, they were so excited that dh and I put money in some of our eggs ( and two $10 eggs ), but we don't have kids so we like to spoil neices and nephews once in a while...we TOTALLY pigged out though ( and I had soda of course, cherry coke ) ...my grandma made her homemade chicken and noodles and my sister made homemade mashed potatoes with cream cheese ( of all things ) in them, made them SO creamy ...I couldn't stay out of either one of them...gluttony at it's worst, lol ...

But like Susie I am recommitting myself this week and doing what I know I should be doing...

Didn't bring anything in for breakfast this morning, gotta go to store tonight, gotta go find something cause I am starving right now.

Have a good day everyone !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #109  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy April 1st everyone!

We are back from Atlanta and spent Easter at my mom and dad's. I did put about 3 pounds on while out of town last week and am hoping to get those back off soon. I did end up eating more Easter candy than I would have liked but it's Monday and a new month and I am back on plan. I hope the kids eat their Easter candy quickly so the peanut butter eggs stop calling me

It's supposed to be really nice here in Illinois this weekend (yesterday was gorgeous) and plan to be outside as much as possible.

Talk to you all later!

Alyssa
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #110  
It is what it is...

I’m a HUGE fan of B12 and Vitamin D though ….You wouldn’t believe all the things Vitamin D has helped me with.

I guess this just turned into a vitamin and supplement review, haha …

Well I was totally OP yesterday, one day down – I’m having the whole “what’s the point” of it all ( dieting ) right now thing like I always get when I’m in a slump …but I know that once I start feeling and looking better that attitude goes away.

Brought my new flax and blueberry cereal ( looks like bird seed lol ) for breakfast this morning but then bagels were brought in for one of the ladies birthdays…I did my usual, get a plain one, scoop out all the insides ( all the breadiness ) and just leave the chewy part and use about 1 T of cream cheese …it was very good…and now I can have the cereal tomorrow morning or for an afternoon snack today.

You guys been watching The Voice ? I love having Usher on there …he and Blake are funny together …I think right now Adam has the best team so far ….but we will see ….

Lyss – pretty sure I put on about 3 or 4 myself lately …but you know what? It’s getting warmer, the sun is shining more and we can get out and exercise to get those extra lbs off. I also had A LOT of Easter candy that I didn’t need to have….I’m hoping now that we don’t have another “eating” holiday for a long time that I can just focus on getting me healthier and this weight off.

Hi Susie, Dee, Mel, Liz, Victoria, and LeeAnne, and everyone else !!!!

Food 4/1
B – granola bar – 100, 1 T PB – 100, ½ serving of Pringles -75
L – ham and turkey sub – 280, light mayo packet – 35, bbq baked chips – 140, green tea -65
S – Fiber bar – 140
D – beef au jous 4 oz – 180, mac and cheese cup – 230
S – 2 slices pepperoni – 50, 1 hard boiled egg – 70, 2 blueberry bellavita biscuits – 115
Total for day – 1580 ….yay Carri !!!! LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #111  
There I am!

Good morning!

How is everyone's Wednesday morning? Nice and sunny here, but still cold. It will warm up to low 50's today and hope to get outside for a nice walk. I am proud of myself for staying OP yesterday. The kids had me make them chocolate chip cookies Monday (the pre-packaged Nestle kind) and they had Easter colored chocolate chips on them. Well I had a few of those Monday....hard to resist fresh baked cookies from the oven But yesterday I did really well and resisted the remainder of those cookies and not a nibble of Easter candy that is laying all over the house.

I have managed to lose 2 of the 3lbs I gained last week. Just need to get this last pound off and I will be at my lowest weight again. I think when I get these carbs out of my system it makes it easier to resist temptations. I made myself a lovely omelet for breakfast, 3 large eggs, shitake mushrooms, asparagus, spinach and cheddar cheese. Nice and filling.

Dropped kiddos off at school a bit ago and will be headed to grocery store soon to stock up on some fresh veggies and fruits. It's nice seeing more of it in season and a little more variety now.

Have a good day ladies!

Alyssa
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #112  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Ladies…been too quiet here lately ….we need all our Girls back !!

Nothing much going on here, just had my breakfast …got this new cereal ( blueberry, fiber and flax seed kind of combo ), has a lot of protein, whole grains, and fiber in it …it sort of tastes like you are eating cardboard with milk but I’ll get used to it…at least to get thru the box, haha

I don’t know if I ever mentioned this but dh does low carb, he just doesn’t do well with sugar and flour …he has bad heart burn and sugar really amplifies it, so if he stays away from it he is fine…but anyhow….I am now starting to eat the same meals he is ( at least for dinner ) and my meal planning has totally changed, now trying to make it all low carb …I’m well versed in what’s low carb and not so it’s pretty easy, but you have to be creative…don’t want to just eat meat and boring veggie every night ….but long story short, I think this will be good for me…I like not having much carbs in the evening…they say it’s better for weight loss …so we will see …just started this week.

Food 4/2
B – bagel ( hollowed out ) 210, cream cheese 60
L – jr burrito 400, green tea 65, 8 pringles 75
S - Kind Bar 180, rest of Pringles ( 5 ) 50
D – three corn tortillas 120, 4 oz chicken 120, sour cream 60, cheese 80, pico de gallo 25
S – tortillas chips 180, salsa 25, little handful of M&M’s 50
Total for Day 1650 – 50 cals over but not bad

Have a great day Ladies - still a little chilly here but the sun is out and the sky is a beautful blue, so I'll take it !!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #113  

Hi. I am here and doing well. I am logging my food, exercising and in my calorie range. My food choices are ok..could be a bit better but I tell myself I'm "getting healthy back" and might not do it perfectly every day.

I have had one coke this week..it was on Monday when I had to help my brother with his boys and I didn't get to eat until 11 p.m. and got fries and a coke from McDonalds. My brother had a allergic reacation to an antibodic and called me at 7:30 pm to see if I could come take care of his boys while he went to the ER. We live 30 min apart. It was a long night.

My Director is here from the UK--always CRAZY when she is in town but I'm holding my own.

Carri: Yeah for recommitting! Be careful with that soda...it gets us every time. What did you get for breakfast?

Alyssa: Good for you for getting 2 lbs of that 3 lb gain off...don't worry the 1 lb will go..you are so aware of it.

Hi Dee and Tori!

Got to go for now. I will do my best to make it here tomorrow...I need to be with my "chickes".
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #114  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Chicks, spring temps r back today mid 40*s & tomorrow the 50*s. On April 1st, a burst of snowflakes came down in the Sunny Sky & my comment to the complainers was 'don't take life seriously-just Enjoy the Day nomatter what the sky brings'. The beautiful snowflakes melted before reaching our 40* ground I've been sick for 2 days from my allergies after hiking in our woods on our warms-sunny Easter afternoon. All my own fault for Not thinking & taking a antihistamine prior to exploring. Yesterday I bought Advil Migraine pills w/o caffeine & they worked fast w a rice heat-pack & nap. I can't take pills w caffeine, too strong & I get probs. So I'm happy to have a pill that works Dh gave me his vicodin but that doesn't work for headpains, only works on muscle-nerve pain his oncologist told us, so dh wasted 2 of his pricey pills on me.
This week I'm sewing swimsuits for kids, boys-girls for my customers. Our 8 & 10 yr old boys Drake, Preston r coming for 4 days. I'm having them make whole-grain pasta w my machine, raviola & lasagna noodles for 2 suppers. That will keep them busy & they have to work as a team & I let them make extra to take home for their family. You prob r laughing @ me but I've been using for 6 yrs my stainless steel Italian Imperia pasta machine & it paid for itself in 1 year w the yummy-healthy pasta it makes, (I buy so much stuff from Amazon, I should be a stock-owner). If U like flavored pasta U can make that to. For people watching carbs & cholesterol its a great machine. For Boy Scout badges the boys sewed their pillow cases & tote bags to hold their sleeping bags last spring break w me & dh/grandpa taught them outdoor skills for a badge. This summer they r both big/old enough to learn to paddle a kayak & fish from it & Kylee is like me she'll prob paddle around taking pics besides fishing.
Lyssa, Wow I am sooo proud of how well U r doing w your food. Being away from home has sooo many temptations. Not being able to make to cook & count your ingredients is difficult or b active; w/o having a big gain is a Huge WIN for U Your omelet sounded delish, except I'm not a asparagus eater, we have lots growing wild on our land & dh takes it to work & give it to his buddies w our wild raspberries/blueberries/Ida Red apple trees. When we go hiking we always have a surprise snack waiting for us. I wish their were 'wild' m&m plants & pizza plants in the woods Anyways U told me exactly what I'm having my boys cook w me tomorrow for our lunch, your Yummy omelet TY
Carri, there's a cereal I buy @ W-Mart that has your ingredients, I like it & the next time I go there & buy it & I'll tell U the name. My cold-turkey w my bag of peanut-butter m&m's became a trade-off; instead I'm baking m&m cookies w whole-grain flour & less sugar/salt & subbing applesauce instead for fat. I wish my dh had a prob w sugar, he eats almost a bag (12 oz.) daily @ work, he says candy & coffee @ work keeps him alert w leaving for work @ 5am daily & his nightly snack is popcorn w soda But he also is a big veggie/fruit/meat eater so it prob levels out. I've never 'hollowed out' a bagel, etc. but I do not eat both parts of a bun from drive-thru's, I toss it out to the birds in the parking lot & eat a open-face burger. How's the contest @ work going..... U r really impressive w staying sooo positive OP daily Who is going to win Survivor, a Fan or a Favorite??? I'm watching Hel's Kitchen & the girls r kicking the guys as*. I really hope that Lazro on Idol is a finalist, he has soo much to deal w from his speech probs.

Susie, Great job w McDonald's soda in moderation is ok, like everything else. If I'm @ McD. & hungry I get a small hot fudge sundae, because the burger-fries r much worse w cholesterol/sodium than the whipped ice cream has. I drink so much ice tea that sometimes I need the taste of sweetness & I Allow myself a weekly ice-cold soda pop. When I was sick this week, I drank a 2 liter Ginger Ale letting it slightly go flat helps my tummy aches stop, from taking allergy/migraine pills. I hope that your brother is feeling much Better now, what was the ingredient that gave him the reaction
Time for me to get back to work
I hope U r doing well Mel, Liz, Tori & LeeAnne.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi girls! I'm joining in. I had a great support group on here in 2008 - and then I dropped off the face of the Earth while pregnant with my son. I started things back up - and now I'm back here hoping for some support again. I'm generally a pretty active poster - especially when I make a connection with people.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #116  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ...another OP day yesterday, and was proud of myself because I was able to stay in my 60-90 carbs range... It's amazing how much better you feel once you are OP and in a pattern ...but as we all know the weekends are what get's me, so going to try SO hard to stay OP this weekend.

Dee - yes the girls are doing so much better than the guys on HK ...I haven't really had a favorite stand out for me too much though, I guess to early.
Yes, I always hollow out a bagel due to my diabetes - a full on bagel will make my bld sugar sky high ...so hollowing it out really helps me...maybe when you check your cereal it will be the same one as mine, lol

Susie - oh girl, you and me and our soda's, haha !!! And I have to say that I love mcd's coke ...it's always good and cold...especially with the fries, but if that's the only one you have this week you'll be fine ...remember the 90/10 rule.

Hi Lyss, Tori, Mel, Liz, and Leanne

Hope you all have a good day, gonna be a little warmer here today and sunshine, yay !!!!

Food 4/3/12
b - bluberry cinnamon flax cereal - 200, lactaid milk - 70
l - 3 jr roast beef's from Arbys ( only one bun eaten ) - 370, water
s - triscuits - 120, string cheese -80, dk choc - 60
d - low carb taco salad - 480
s - tortilla chips - 200, pico de gallo - 25
total for day - 1605
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #117  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone , I'm sorry I have not been updating I have been battling myself so hard. I got to 221 then went out for dinner, smart reward for someone trying to lose weight I know but I found a way to fail again. I got so mad and sad and I got tired of backsliding .

I am no longer doing low carb , if i can gain 9 pounds in 2 days then I"m doing something wrong , so i quit .

I ordered Jillian MIchaels body revolution and I waited for it to come in the mail I am on day 4. I'm back down to 226. I updated my blog, made a youtube video and am hoping all of these outlets will help keep me focused, I ordered hulu plus so i can watch all the biggest loser I want, that show keeps me focused and my eye on the prize, I will no longer take myself out to eat as a reward for weight loss. I will not count calories or carbs I'm so burnout on all that I can't even tell you guys. I'm embarassed to keep coming back to my weight loss support group to say oh hi guys I'm up 9 pounds in two days, I'm also sposed to be here to support all of you and how can I do that if I'm a debbie downer? I can't help you if I'm drowning. SO. I took some time off and I'm ready to roll. I love you guys and am proud of you and proud to be here in this group.

I'm glad to hear you all had a good easter, we didnt do anything since my two oldest are gone each holiday to my ex's house it just doesnt feel like a holiday, but I do have adi my little baby and I have to stay positive and show her what the holidays are about also.

My cousin has been living with us for the past 6 months and It finally drove me nuts he brings marijuana in my home, he drinks until he gets into bar fights , he doesnt really spend much time with the family and I just got to the point where I could not take it anymore. he is 46 and I am 26 my husband gave him a job and he still had no respect for me or my wishes. so last month I gave him a deadline to move out, he did it! he bought his ticket to oregon to live with his girlfriend for a while then he'll go take care of his mom who will be having knee surgery. I love him and he is my favorite cousin but his lifestyle and mine do not match I h ave 3 little girls and I cannot have that influence in my home. I know that is not weight loss related which is why I havent mentioned that much but I feel like we all talk about more than that . what a long post. Sorry guys.! I have been gone a bit and i know my last plan sounded like it was pretty solid but look where it got me. I am not low carb bashing at all because I love the results but I just want to try something else so , just know that it does work and do not be discouraged because of my lack of persistence , all of you who are doing it, keep it up you will be great!

See you all tomorrow morning I will begin to post faithfully I promise!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #118  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Ladies !!!!! So on Monday I weighed myself after not being on the scale for two weeks and pretty much off plan for those two weeks…I weighed in at 224, ugh ….but today after being OP all week and dropping my sugar and carbs A LOT, I am down to 219
Again !!!!! 5 lbs of bloat gone !!!! And now I do the happy dance !!!!!

Tori – first off, yes you can ALWAYS come here and rant about anything …both personal and weight loss related…you know I do !! So don’t worry about it …and having to deal with the stress of your cousin living with you and acting that way would be too much for me too, I am SO glad he has moved out of your house and now you can put the focus back on you and your family 100%.
And NEVER be embarrassed about coming here with a 9 lb gain, we all have been there and will be there again …it happens, it’s a journey that has it’s up’s and down’s …none of us judge you because we go thru the same thing.
I started back on my “lower” carb plan this week …I wouldn’t call it low carb because I still have 90-100 carbs, but considering most people have three times that much on a normal day I call it my lower carb, and it seems to be working for me so far.
I’m here for you, both on here and fb.

Food 4/4
B = 3/4s of a Flat Out wrap but 1.5T of PB – 245
L = chicken blt salad – 200, dressing – 100
S = triscuits - 190, string cheese – 80
D = sautéed mushrooms and asparagus – 100, chicken breast – 150
S = tortilla chips – 200, cereal – 130, milk – 90
Total for day - 1485

Have a great weekend girls, gonna be nice and warm and sunny here, gonna get dh out and go for a walk !!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #119  
There I am!

Happy Friday all!

Welcome Enygirl!

Nice and sunny here today in Illinois. Will definitely get out again today for a nice long walk.

Tori - sorry you are going thru all that girl with your cousin. That must be hard. I also know what it's like to share the kiddos with their dad. I do the same thing. In our blended family it is mine, his and ours

Carri - WTG on those 5lbs! I have about .2 to lose from the Atlanta trip. Amazing how long it takes to get it back off (but some of it was from Easter also).

Dee - did you and the boys make your omelet? I wish I had asparagus growing here. DH and I both love it!

As for McD's, we love to get our diet Coke's from there. I think about all the times I have gone to the drive thru for all the yummy bad stuff and now we never get that stuff anymore, just our DC's Oh, but we do get the kiddos their occasional happy meals and my youngest two love their cinnamon melts

We are going to my mom and dad's tomorrow to help clean up their yard/property from the last snow storm....it broke a lot of trees and they need to be cut up and cleared. I figure that will be my exercise for the day. Supposed to be a very nice weekend. Have a good day ladies! Talk at ya all later!

Alyssa (Lyss)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #120  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Girls! thanks for the support! Lys- Yard work will be good exercise esp when its the whole yard

Carri- Thanks

I completed day 5 workout today, had oatmeal for breakfast and I'm feeling good about this. only 85 days to go, boy does that sound long lol its ok i'm 5 days in I'll look at it that way instead, gonna have porkloin with salad today for lunch , my baby girl and i just discovered abc mouse today she loves it . Its raining here in florida today and we're gonna go inside and play with our ball right now since she's pulling my arm. talk tyou all soon
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote