3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/274996-onederland-express-hop-here-8-a.html)

miniDoodles 03-20-2013 03:03 PM

Hey Girls .....
Sounds like everyone is about to BURSt waiting for our 50*s-60* to b here :cool: Whoa everyone but me, is doing soooo great :carrot: here :woohoo: I'm sooo happy for U being on track.

Alyssa, U r doing sooo great :yes: especially w your dh working out of town. I love that U & baby r doing stroller walks & playing w the kids really revs up your metabolism :trampo: U said U wish U had a 'cool nickname' like Tori, well what color r your eyes, hmmm yours could b 'Aly green-eyes' or 'Aly blue' ;) Think about a name & get back w us :smug: Anything I do that keeps my hands away from snack-treats is a big win for me. Busy-busy & healthy eating keeps the pounds off me :o

Tori, TY for telling us what U do to lose weight :chef: To maintain my size I gotta make a menu plan like U r & follow it & also do make ahead meals for myself, like I did for my food clients freezers; I'm happy it works good for U too :smug: 'Brazil' wow how exciting :yay: for your family to visit your inlaws & experience the culture. U will look beautiful nomatter your size, don't forget about wearing sundresses & maxi-dresses for comfort, your dh's family doesn't expect U to fit in a bikini w having your 2 yr Addi. Sooo why don't U let your girls Help U make a 'visual' chart to stay OP daily w logging/charting & 1 food weekly only to b off-plan w. I've done that & I needdd to do it again w progress pics of me & new clothes I want to wear. Logging on my monthly poster-board chart was fun, but I'm a southern type-A, I also have playtime daily w family & me time.

Carri, do your parents live close, if your mom & sister r small that would b a fun incentive to trade clothes when U get their sizes. I remember your summers r crazy busy w your family-friends & the swim work-outs U did w your friend last summer did Fabulous things to your bod & your clothes were falling off your bod from losing :o Sooo U gotta b excited about it & the cook-outs w veggie kabobs, etc. I think U were in the 'Ones' :D [180's] last summer.

Susie, what a fun b-day night for your dh. I'd like to see a new pic posted of you/a head-shot :D Someday I'll take the plunge & get a short hair-do my dh said after he dies I can :dizzy: How many pounds did your WI @ tops show from being sick??? I agree w Carri about the lose skin from a biggg weight loss & being young. We've had ladies lose @ tops +80 lbs & they were over 50 yr & the ladies that lost it fast w/o exercising had saggy skin from face to ankles. My ex-sister inlaw had surgery @ 45 yr & lost 110 lbs & her thigh skin rubbed so she had a body-lift & looks great still wears a size 12 now 8 yrs later. My b-day is Saturday & I do 'not' cook all weekend. Brunch both days & dancing Saturday, we're broke since the kitchen remodel so nothing big happening. I reallllyyy wanted to do a trip, but my washing machine is 18 yr & on its final month, TY Sears Kenmore for a wonderful washer/dryer set [dh replaced the heating element 2x on the dryer otherwise till now 'no probs' w either :smug:

I am weighing 142 poundssss now :( A month ago I became a addict of 'peanut butter m&m's'. I eat a 10oz bag weekly now & also buy a slice of deli-pizza when I get groceries now.... Until the winter-spring mud & mess is gone I can't b active outdoors & burn-off the cals from my m&m's & pizza addiction. 'How' r you'all dealing w your addictions when U can't b busy outdoors to burn off the cals :?:

Have a GREAT week girls :hug:

cheeriloos 03-21-2013 08:02 AM

Hey ladies, got tired of bread, its really sucky to eat plain and dry anyway so i switched to saltines, only 2 anyway the low carb thing released a lot of water weight down to 222.8 this morning. yay.
have a good one!

cheeriloos 03-21-2013 08:03 AM

didnt get to read any posts cuz i'm going to leave right now to take my girls to school , be back soon to catch up. :)

Satine 03-21-2013 09:43 AM

Morning Ladies….hope you all had a good night last night …anyone watch Splash this week? It just started, it’s where the celebrities are diving? I normally like all reality shows but I don’t know how I feel about this one…Kareem Abdul Jabar ( I know I’m not spelling that right ) was one of the celebrity divers and I thought he looked so old, they said he was 65 !!! I have to give it to him for being able to go and do the diving at his age…he did semi-well …none of them did that great honestly with their form …but I don’t know I may watch it next week too…I do want to see Kendra dive. I thought I was going to watch DWTS because Sean from the bachelor was on there but I just never get into that show for some reason…

So lately ( last 4-6 months ) I have really been noticing bags and dark circles under my eyes, don’t know what I am doing that is causing it…I think I get enough sleep ( 7-8 hrs normally ) …I don’t take a multi vitamin …so maybe I should try that …I’m 39 so maybe I am just suddenly aging bad, lol …………….who knows…any suggestions? Would prefer natural ones.

Another very chilly day here today….may reach 35 tops ….ughhh, where is Spring??????!!!!?????

Susie – yeah you and I have the same weather, the wind here is SO freakin cold and bitey ( is that a word ? haha ) …glad you and dh had such a great time….and I have often thought how much I like your hair…so it doesn’t surprise me that you get compliments on it…its gorg!! I saw online yesterday that they were going to be casting for Season 15 of BL very soon, if not now…so I guess there will be another season, just don’t know when …I’m hoping Sept like they used to do.

Alyssa – I think your nickname could by Lys, or Lyssa – it’s cute …I normally get called Carebear by a few friends, not sure how I feel about it though, lol.

Dee – yes, my family all lives within 25 mins of me, so I think that’s pretty close…and no me and my sisters and mom are all about the same size in clothes….and I hope to be smaller than all of them soon, haha…I did have a lot of fun last year with friends, and I look forward to hanging outside and grilling again this year…and getting in some pool exercises…I did get into the 190’s but would love to get way smaller this Summer …we’ll see…
Like you I also love M&M’s, but I keep it within reason by only buying the fun packs which are about 72 cals each …I don’t think they have them in the peanut butter one’s though….and I hear ya, I have had those and they are SO good

Tori – no low carb flu yet huh? Good for you….I always get it from the detox and feel horrible the first few days….you are doing a great job…and yes saltines are better than bread….you will probably lose a big chunk of weight from doing low carb.

Food 3/20
Breakfast – high fiber English muffin – 100, peanut butter – 125
Lunch – frozen Stouffers meal, swiss steak – 360, handful of goldfish – 40
Snack – dark chocolate square – 60, fiber bar – 140
Dinner – grilled cheese – 270, cup of soup – 170
Snack – pce of bread and butter – 245 ( guessing on this one, but I had a lot of butter so went high ), popcorn – 160, M&M’s-75
Total for day – 1745 – little over my 1600

Have a great day ladies !!!

thnknthin1 03-21-2013 11:04 AM

Good morning!

It is cold and windy here today! Like you said Carri.....where the heck is Spring? :)

Carri - no I didn't see last night's episode of Splash, I did catch the first one though since they had some of my Real Housewives on....another guilty pleasure ;) You say you notice bag and dark circles lately, I have noticed the same thing. Don't know if it is age, diet, lack of sleep ,who knows. Usually by mid-day it's better. I think I like the nickname Lys...my family tends to use that one.

Susie - sounds like you and DH had a wonderful evening, it is nice to get out and enjoy some couple time like that.

Dee - no walking outside for me today, way too cold. I guess I will be hitting the treadmill in the basement, which I find boring. DH will be home tomorrow and we can get back to our usual routine. I love peanut butter m&m's, reeses pieces, peanut butter cups...anything with peanut butter :)

Tori - I like to use parkay butter spray on my toast, low in cal and better than eating it dry :)

Last night for dinner.....get this, I made fried chicken for dinner. The kids were really wanting it and I rarely make it, mostly because it's time consuming and messy. But it turned out really good. For the sides they wanted deviled eggs, corn, green beans and mac n cheese. It looked like the buffet at KFC here :lol:

I had plenty of leftovers, you know having four kids plus having one neighbor kid over for dinner, I always make enough for an army. Always have. So instead of being tempted by having it around I asked my daughter and her friend to take it next door to the single dad, after asking him if he wanted it, so they would enjoy it. Plus he hadn't made dinner yet so it turned out to be perfect timing. He loved it and was very grateful, made me feel good.

Next week DH is traveling again out of town due to some meetings for work....I go with him when I am able. So I will be going with him and our youngest to Atlanta, GA. My oldest three will be at their dad's next week (from a previous marriage) we have joint custody. I had to state that so you wouldn't think I'm leaving them at home by themselves :)

Have a good day gals!

Alyssa

Satine 03-21-2013 11:51 AM

Lyss - I like that butter spray idea...I never thought of that...

And your meal last night sounds SOOOOOOO good...I have never tried to make fried chicken before...I'm not the best cook...dh does a lot of our cooking....and thinking to give to neighbor was a great idea ....saving you calories and also helping out a single dad

Satine 03-22-2013 08:19 AM

Morning Ladies …wow did I have a pig out last night …we went to our good friends house for taco night and she had made slow roasted pork shoulder, that she had shredded, and added muchos peppers too ( it was quite hot and spicy, which I like ) …needless to say with all the cheese, sour cream, avocado, chips, etc …I WAY over did it ….and then for dessert she mixed up cake batter and put it in her waffle maker ( I’d never seen this before ) and made us each individual cakes in like 3 mins…topped with icing and a side of ice cream…sounds awesome huh? It was, and now I need a waffle maker ….lol

So today I have bad indigestion and hrt brn, haha …but it was worth it ….it also was my first “cheat” meal ( if you want to call it that ) in like two weeks…so I’m okay with it ….just totally back on plan today.

So not going to put down my food for yesterday because I would have NO idea for calories…just know that it was quite high haha

And TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be another cold weekend here , Sunday they are saying temps of low 30’s and lots of snow…good ol’ Indiana for you. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Everybody have a great weekend.

thnknthin1 03-22-2013 10:29 AM

Happy Friday!!

Carri - that all sounds wonderful....I would have ate my fair share too :) I'll have to try that with the waffle maker, the kids would love it. I told DH last night that when we go to Atlanta next week I'm planning on a cheat day at a Mexican restaurant. I loooove Mexican food, especially guacamole, chips n salsa.

It is still cold and windy here in Illinois. I saw on the news today that an Ohio prosecutor is indicting Phil the groundhog on false weather predicting :lol:

I need to get out and buy Easter candy for the kiddos. This will be hard to resist. I love the peanut butter eggs and chocolate covered marshmallows. At least once Easter is out of the way....no more tempting holidays with candy for a while :)

Have a great weekend!

Alyssa

cheeriloos 03-23-2013 06:30 AM

Good Morning Ladies! I was 221.8 yesterday but now am 222.0 I went on a tiny carb binge yesterday, easter cakes and peanut butter sandwich on top of cornbread and pork shoulder from the slow roaster as well. :) I expected more of a gain than that, I was kind of upset and super hungry because i drove 200 mile yesterday so i could leave my oldest girls with their dad for spring break (divorce agreement) and I did great! on the way home from daytona my dad ordered a big mac and 2 fish sandwiches and i could have ordered anything, even my cousin said oh you didnt eat much today you'll be fine and mydad kept offering me the fish sandwich i said no thanks guys, I let them know i was trying to lose weight to keep my heart healthy and ordered a large water. (so proud) then i got home and my honey ws waiting for me but i went to the fridge and overdid it just a tad, i was going to add cookies on top of it but he helped me snap out of it. :) (Thank God too )

MyChoice2bfit 03-23-2013 12:21 PM

Such amazing energy here! I love to come here and be with all of "my chickies". That's what my DH calls all of you and I like it.

I had a very nice loss a TOPS on Thursday. I was down 3 lbs! I want to keep this momentum going!!

DH went back to the doctor yesterday and they said his lungs still had a lot of congestion and gave him two inhalers to use. BUT we are up and moving about which is a BIG improvement over last weekend.

We went and had our taxes done this morning and we have a nice refund coming back. We have plans to pay off DH's new glasses, have a tree taken down if that is what it needs and save the rest. Somewhere in there we will buy a few new things for Spring/Summer.

Also, yesterday my boss pulled me into her office right before I was going home (she's on vacation next week) and I thought she was going to tell me something she needed me to do next week or something, instead she told me that I was getting a 6% raise!! :carrot: It came out of no where and it was such a nice surprise.

I decided that I'm going to start my ticker over. I had lost and then gained it all back and now have it back off so I'm going to start there and keep going!

Dee: Happy Birthday! :woo::balloons::bday2::bday2you:
You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I am a better person for knowing you. Have a fun time with your birthday plans.

In a earlier post you asked about Revenge and when the finale for the season is. I haven't heard. I just got caught up on Revenge. It's such a good show isn't it? It keeps me interested.

I saw your "sad face" about the 142 lbs. So, what is your goal? I know you aren't that far from it. Sometimes things like m&m's look so innocent and they start the ball rolling. I know you can overcome them and get back on track. Just remember, summer is coming and you love to be at the beach and out and about so don't let anything derail you from doing that.

I know you will be back on plan soon!

Carri: Your dinner last night sounds very nice...but DON"T buy a waffle maker!! It could be BIG trouble. ;)

Lyss: What a nice thing you did by sharing your meal....you did a nice things for you and for your neighbor. Have a fun time with you DH on the business trip.

I will be buying some Easter Candy this weekend too, for my DH. He is a big kid! I love those Reese Eggs but I'm only buying enough of them that he will notice if one of them are gone and that way if I take one I will feel guilty for eating "his" candy. The rest of the Easter candy I can do without but I love those eggs! You should print out that 199 picture on your scale and look at it to remember how happy you were when you saw it and how sad you would be to see it go over that.

Tori: Yeah for you for being strong and not eating that fast food. It's hard to not nibble on a 200 mile trip and your DH gets points for helping you not eat the cookies.

Satine 03-25-2013 12:45 PM

Morning Ladies. I didn't have an OP weekend...I slid back into old habits for the weekend and had my Code Red Mountain Dew :( Tell it and move on ...this weekend is Easter and we are having dinner at my parents house, I am bringing the cheesy hashbrown casserole...that won't be an OP day either
:D Don't tell me to eat just a little of things I want, I'm saying it won't be an OP meal, planning on it, and I'm okay with that ...it's Easter. :bunny2:

I'm so excited that The Voice starts back again tonight ....may have to DVR it and watch tomorrow night though because I got other shows I'm used to watching tonight. I'm gonna miss Ceelo and maybe even Christina, who knows...I do love Usher and Shaquira so I will be okay with it for this season.

Susie - they tried to give me an inhaler in Dec with my bronchitus but I never got the script filled...I can't do those things, plus it was expensive...I got over it just fine without it , glad to hear you guys are back on the mend.
BIG CONGRATS on your raise...you work hard and a lot, you deserve it !!!
And also congrats on the tax refund...me and dh haven't seen one of those in like 15 years....that would be nice. :)

Tori - we all have those weak moments, this journey is NEVER going to be perfect, we are going to have good OP days and then totally NO where near an OP day ...all we can do is try and have more of the OP days than the bad ones...it is what it is and move on ....:hug:

We got over six inches of snow last night ...and it was still snowing this morning, we barely tunnelled out of the driveway for work this morning, thank goodness for dh and his snow tires, he drove me to work, my car never would have gotten thru the drifts...only 29 degrees here right now...brrrrrrrrr

Have a great day everyone !!!

Carri

MyChoice2bfit 03-25-2013 03:42 PM

I'm sitting here at work taking a mental break and looking out the window with the snow gently falling down. It would be beautiful if it were about a week before Christmas!

I HOPE this is the last of the snow.

Carri: I was wondering about you last night when I was listening to the weather reports. We ended up with about 5 inches where I live. The roads going to work were in pretty good shape and I am thankful for that.

Ok..so you plan on enjoying your food for Easter--I say by all means...you should...but make sure that this week you fill up on veggies and all those good things so that your food in "cleaner" and I bet you won't see much difference on the scales for Sunday's dinner.

I did well with my food over the weekend, with the exception of a half bag of jelly beans! DH bought them and I made him take them to work today because I just can't control them when they are in the house.

I'm back on plan today and logging my food. Other than the jelly beans and a rootbeer float on Sunday at lunch I feel I'm dong pretty good. I plan on getting back into working out Mon, Tues, Wed and Sat or Sunday, starting next week.

How is everyone else doing?

Satine 03-25-2013 04:09 PM

You are certainly right Susie - I am going to be good all week so that I can have the one meal on Sunday ...I guess we ended up with over 8 inches of snow when all was said and done in my area ...and I , like you, love to just site and watch it come down...I know a lot of people hate snow but it is truly beautiful to watch , nice crisp clean white ...until it starts melting with the mud, haha

miniDoodles 03-26-2013 07:13 PM

Hi Girls, no snow here except in our woods :cool: It's in the low 40's & 50's Easter weekend. Anyhoo I loved our beautiful snowy winter, but its amazing smelling spring returning w the buding & crocus, daffodills & hyacinths popping out to bloom in a few weeks :flow1: Tomorrow I'll look @ garden books for May planting.

Susie :hug: TY for your thoughtful b-day wishes to me. Wow U r doing great w your willpower over candy :cp: sending it to work w dh. I can turn down all the jelly beans except 'Jelly Bellies' I love making recipes w the flavors. U r sooo wise to plan your work-outs for 3-4 days a week & save those knee's from blowing-out & your joints. The pro atheletes have a trainer working w them & they still get injured; like a warning to us amateures to not over-do-it.

Carri, in the 1990's we had 2 sandwich makers (triangle shapes a old lady still does infomercials w it, & I paid $12 for) my boys made their own snacks in; brownies-muffins-eggs-omelets, etc. I had to go 'cold-turkey' to end my peanut-butter m&m addiction. But I'm keeping my deli-pizza 1 slice habit, w my 2 weekly Dr.Pepper soda's; eating in moddderation instead of a foodie binge. I missed seeing The Voice, I thought it was on Wednesdays. Like Susie said, the waffle maker could b dangerous unless U can toss some fiber into it :D

Anybody watching DWTS? I love the cast this time: Wynonna - I love her courage- she is a sweet lady; Ingo (played Jacks on GH); Jacoby Jones (Ravens/NFL) this athlete hasss rhythym & likes attention; Andy Dick - overcoming his addictions & is endearing & fun to watch; Kellie Pickler (country singer) dances awesome; Sean (Batchelor) needs to relax like when he kissed all the girls; Dorothy Hamill (Olympic gold skater) worries too much; Aly Raisman (Olympic gold medal gymnist) fun personality; DL Hugley (angry loser to Cheryl about his low scores) get a grip DL its not Cheryl's fault U dance lousy; Victor Ortiz (boxing champ), Zendaya Coleman (Disney kids star 16 yr) dancing like a pro; Lisa Vanderpump (RHOBH) I've never watched any of the Real Housewives shows so she is the only person I've never heard of, she dances kinda like a stick-figure & needs to relax & enjoy herself instead of paying attention to her long hair. Everybody Wants to WIN.....
Splash??? not sure if I'll keep tuning in to it.... Survivor: whose gonna win this a Fan or a Favorite??? Sunday night IS the best: Amazing Race, Once Upon a Time, Revenge & Red Widow r sooo good.

Breakfast: vanilla protein w skim milk, drink topped w blueberries.
Lunch: spaghetti salad.
Supper: fried chicken (oven baked), scalloped potatos (alternating russet w sweet potato layers, more vitamins :smug:) (crock-pot) & homemade fluffy buttermilk biscuits.
No snacks today, herb-veggie flavored water only= using my cals/carbs for my meals.

I'm going to start logging my cals on Monday, April 1: 2 days=900 cal days instead of 2 fast days, 5 days=1,400 cals days for 2 months to get toned for summer & b active 3 days & playtime fun 4 days (after 40 yr, women's bods need/use fewer cals/carbs). I got my plan, now I have to make my Vision board on posterboard to stay on track.
Have a Wonderful week everyone & Happy Easter :easter::easter2::egg:

miniDoodles 03-29-2013 10:19 AM

Happy 'Good Friday' to you'all :angel: Loving the 50*s & spring.
My snack was a 'chocolate bunny' this morning :bunny:
HAPPY EASTER :easter::easter2::egg:
I hope to hear from you'all again soon.