Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #226  
It is what it is...

Sometimes this site is SO slow !!!!!

Morning Ladies !!!
Hope you all had a great weekend, I did, but it went too fast …they really do go in the blink of an eye when it’s nice outside. I didn’t have such a great weekend food wise…kind of let my pity for myself, and my emotional state, for my back get the best of me and I had a bout of emotional eating ( a couple actually ) …so that’s that….back still hurting this morning…basically I have found that if I’m not on the musc relaxers then I’m in discomfort …and it’s not by any means horrible, I can still get around just fine…but it’s just annoying and it’s also affecting my hip muscles on both sides…and then just my lower back muscles on each side …I hope it’s all back stuff and not kidney related…but we’ll see I guess….okay enough of my pity me paragraph, haha

Susie – I did very well at the pitch in, didn’t even have any of the desserts…score one for me, haha….Italian ( along with Mexican ) is another weakness for me, the pasta and the bread, mmmmm …enjoy your day date with the hubs…I love those kind of days…I really wish I was in better shape to clean my house, stupid back haha, because I am really in the spring cleaning mood. Thanks for the advice on the constipation…I am gonna be chugging a crap ton of water ( no pun intended ) lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dh went to see the new Iron Man 3 with a friend on Friday and he said it was GREAT !!! Now he is gonna make me go

Dee – I don’t have a recipe for the pico since dh always makes it, I’m pretty sure it’s just fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and fresh squeezed lime juice, then salt to taste…No I still just count calories, but I do eat lower carb so I guess I do watch those too…basically I just know what is low carb and what isn’t and stay away from bread, pasta ( unless it’s my low carb kind ), potatoes, etc…No my mom and sister are always trying to “start” a diet and never stay on one…my mom says I inspire her to keep at it ( she is 57 ), and she can lose if she puts her mind to it, my sister has three young kids at home and that is her excuse to not be able to stick to one, haha…Thanks for asking about my Grandma, she is doing really well, she is now done with her chemo and radiation however they found a tumor in her thyroid now that has to come out with surgery, I believe she is having that soon…please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Lyss- glad you enjoyed Cinco De Mayo, I wanted to go out and eat at a Mexican place but instead we just ended up at a friends house with subs and watched a movie ….not even a margherita !!!

Hi Tori – hope your ankle is all healed up …you and I are quite a pair, haha

Hope you all have a good Monday ….I’m having a case of the Monday’s and really just want to be at home sulking ….suck it up Carri, things could be worse !!!!!!!

See ya ladies !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #227  

Height: 5'7"

It was a very yucky day here in Ohio. It rained most of the day, and it is cold! We turned our furnace back in the house because when we got home it said it was 66 degrees in here!

My throat is sore and I have had a migraine most of the day and my eyes burn. Those things happen to me when the weather has these huge changes.
My eyes might be burning because I have already put in 12 hours of OT by now for this week at work. It's going to be one "HECK" of a week.

I didn't get to do my full 30 min walks today but I did get in a small walk and I stood a lot working--i just took my laptop to the file cabinets and worked on top of it, in order to burn some calories.

I plan on getting my workout in tomorrow with my friend...I need to move!

Tori: Don't push yourself to much...your ankle will be weak for a bit and you don't want to re-injure it. Do what you can and make wise food choices.
When you said you were disappointed I"m soo disappointed that the day you decide to change your life as a family you get such a huge set back; just made me want to give you a hug or two!

Carri: you need a hug too!
Have thought about getting a medical massage for your back?

Ok..I'm going to head to bed. I need to log my food but I've had enough of computer time.

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #228  
It is what it is...

Morning ladies …anyone following that breaking news story on those three women found after 10 years ?????? They were kidnapped at different times and held by these three men in Cleveland ( Susie is this near you ? ) ….its just a crazy, they were teens when they were taken…

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohi...html?hpt=hp_t1

So happy that they’ve been found alive but they must have so much emotional scarring…can’t wait to read more as the story unfolds.

I had an okay day food wise yesterday, well I guess not really , I was fine during the day but then we had pizza and breadsticks for dinner and I had a cherry coke with it ….

My back is feeling a little better …I will say that the nsaid anti imflammatory that she gave me ( I know that can’t be spelled right ), which is probably just a stronger version of the OTC Aleve, seems to be helping the best …I’m still pretty stiff in the morning but once I get up and take meds and move around it gets a lot better…thanks for your kind thoughts.

I’m hoping it’s a lot better by this weekend because I need to do some serious spring cleaning in the house and me and dh would like to get the mulch outside too.

Susie – Sorry to hear you are not feeling well …I get the same thing around this time of year, stupid allergies…I know Mel said on fb that she is having the same thing…hope you get to feeling better…sometimes during this time of year I just take a generic zyrtec or claritan daily to ward it off …they say that is perfectly fine to do during the bad allergy seasons.

Have a good day everyone !!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #229  

Hi Everyone, I am feeling a bit better today. I have keept a lozenger in my mouth most of the time today and I took soup to work for lunch. That maybe it feel so much better.

I have my 6 month blood draw tomorrow so I iwll be seeing my doctor and she can check my throat then as well.

I haven't done great with my food today but not to badly. I didn't make my wokout tonight. This week is intense. I'm getting my Associate Director ready to go to China next week and just the every day work things plus there is a bit of a "swirl" going on where an Admin is going to be out during a very important time and her management is asking mine if I can take it on. My management said yes at first because i was to be a part of a "team"...turns out the team is me since this girl is going to out.

It is a great opporunity for me to get exposure but if it happens then starting in June until July 16 I will be working on that project and that project only so I can work with her while she is her and I can then finish it on my own the week of the meeting. The issue is who will take care of my Director when she is here in June and July.

At one point today, I was about in tears because of all the drama around it

Carri: I heard that story this morning as well...it's just bizzare isn't it?
I am closer to Cincinnati and Columbus than I am Cleveland. If you look at a map of Ohio and see I71 going across the State, Wilmington, where I live is in between Columbus and Cincinnati.

I have thought about taking a Claritian during this time of year. I am on a prescription nose spray year round to help with my allergies but my ENT has said I can take a over the counter Claritian if I am going to be outside or the pollen is really high.

Sorry to hear that your evening meal was a bit off your plan..that happens when we don't feel good...I know you are smart enough to not let it happen to often.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #230  

Hello! We have sunshine and warmth in Ohio today and everyone is smiling!

It sure is quiet here. I think I hear crickets!

My doctor didn't do my blood draw; she felt like the numbers I received the day before at our company health fair were good--I am within range for all of them.

My blood pressure was better at the doctor's than at the health fair but my bottom number was a bit high for her liking. She is giving me 4 months to monitor it and come back in to see what it says. I currently take a beta blocker because I have tacacardia--most in my family do...it's heraditary and it is just something that you have or you don't. The issue is it can stress the heart because your heart is beating so fast, so they give meds to slow it down..that is why I am on the beta blocker. I have been on it since I was 33. She said the extra weight could now be making my heart work harder..and then of course aging is a factor.

I was down to 290 yesterday on their scales. The last time she saw me I was at 298 so she was pleased with that and told me to keep it up.

I haven't gotten any exercise today but today I will start back with my walks at work..going to do one around 3 today..that is when I usually need a break.

No TOPS for me tonight..one of my nieces has a school choir concert.

How is everyone else?

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 05-09-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #231  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Ladies….hope you all are doing well ….not much going on here, have been struggling a little bit the last few days…have been having a lot of soda, my one big vice, lol ….I know I’ll get it turned back around but I am enjoying a few days off …

I am still following and hearing details as they are released for the three women who were kidnapped, the details are horrifying…just so glad the one was able to escape finally after 10 years and get help…but I can’t imagine what they went thru…so sad …they put an 8 million dollar bond on the guy who did it…good for them…this creep needs to be locked up forever …and even in prison he will get better treatment then those three girls did for 10 years…and that’s the part that makes me the most mad …

But I digress ………lol

Susie – I also take a beta blocker for a high heart rate, and my bp numbers are always bad on the bottom …I think that is the number they are most concerned with health wise…I know that mine always lowers the more weight I lose…so you are on the right track to make that number go DOWN

Well once again we have decided to not move this year…I could tell everytime I mentioned moving that dh’s heart was not in it, and so we stay….and now we are gonna finish the basement ( which I think we both will love having done ), but because of the expense we might have to do most of it ourselves, which is okay cause we have friends that will help and who are in the biz.

Hi to everyone else and have a good evening !!!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #232  

Happy Friday! Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

Carri: Be careful with that soda girl. I had a root beer last night and today I'm looking for sweets but not allowing myself to have them..I"m drinking that water to combat it. It's not easy..right now I can taste a Pepsi and a Nestle Crunch Bar!

Finishing your basement will add value to it when you go to sell it.

I hope everyone else is doing well...and would love to see posts! Even if they are "struggling" posts. The way I look at this, is we celebrate together and hold each other up when needed.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #233  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday as well!

Quick note: Hope everyone is doing well. I'm getting ready to head out for some errands.....eldest DS is having his bday party tomorrow and need to get everything for that along with some light housekeeping.

Trying to save up calories today to allow room for cake and ice cream

Today, I am 95lbs down! Happy about that.

Have a good day ladies!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #234  

Quiet weekend here. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am doing pretty well with staying on plan with my food. I'm within my calorie range but sometimes not picking the best choices. I will try to be more aware of that. For me this is about getting to a normal weight (under 200 is normal for me) and to look good in my clothes (going for 14/16) and feeling great!

I also need to get back to my daily work walks..it helps me to get to moving every day and that extra exercise is good for me.

Lyss: Whoooo hoooo! 95 lbs. Great job!

Tori: Where are you girl? I think I might have to text you.

Carri: How are you doing with the soda?

Dee: I'm looking forward to the National Food day list for the week.

I am about to clean out the closet in my office. I bought some tubs to keep office supplies and things in so I can have a bit more space in the closet..also shreading some old bank records and things.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #235  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ....I'm still struggling some with my diet and having some soda ( I know Susie, lol ) ....so I'm here, I'm just trying to get myself back in line...going thru some stress lately and that always makes me not care about dieting, but that's no excuse, I need to get back on the wagon ...

Have a good day.

Carri
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #236  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girls, crazy weather here in MI. Last Wednesday it was 82* wearing a tankini swimming kayaking around the shore looking @ spring flowers listening to Andre' Bochelli, while dh was fishing. Saturday it was 54* & I was wearing a coat.
Lyss 95# off your body, isn't it amazing how our bodies adjust to gaining & losing the pounds & our feet/legs keep us standing upright, from falling down through-out those many weight changes. I think of how easy objects break & fall over when the weight isn't distributed equally. God sure did a wonderful job when he designed our bodies. Congrat's on your fun days, small clothes shopping this summer. How about 'sharing your weight program w us all' here

Susie, 290# hang-in there. Try setting yourself a weekly/monthly weight goal to achieve, U have the wisdom & tools to make your goals Happen for U Your health probs will decrease as U eat healthier & r active. Losing weight can b easy 'but' U gotta...Must put 'U' into your day-planner schedule because "U" r the most Important on your list, 3x daily eat & play. Include a mini-treat for 1 week if that helps U get thru the day & include that in your daily log to compare your weekly loss vs a week w/o a mini-treat (candy bar, soda, etc) I know U can do this & reach your goal size if U List/Add yourself into your Daily schedule

Carri, I understand about your struggling too. We both r foodies I know U will Luv your new basement remodel, how about adding a spa/hot-tub to your deck or a portable round spa in the basement? I hope your stress is getting better for U, that your probs r leaving U . Soda it could b so much worse, U could have fudge or ice cream cravings constantly, so I don't think 1 soda daily is bad if U add-in those cals. My doc told me to drink a soda for indigestion when I don't have a pill to take, cause the carbonation fizz helps-out. Yup, stress can hurt... my dh told me last week about All of my flaws/imperfections & how lazy I am when I don't have a +6 hr work day schedule w client orders/or my dog kennel. So I couldn't come here & post last week I felt soo terrible about myself & cried & worked harder. I took a candy bar from my purse & tossed it into the trash when he said I looked like I gained 5# in my swimsuit last Wednesday @ the lake. The kids were here Friday overnight & gave me the love I needed to feel wanted. Sounds silly to U, but when I'm really sad-hurting I miss my dad soo much, he was my hero & still is (he died from a heart-attack when I was 12 yr old). Having a hug from my dad or sitting on his lap made 'everything bad, always go away'.

Girls, It took me 11 months to lose 30# to get back into a size medium again; from putting on 30# during dh cancer probs in 2 yrs. I was Determined to wear my medium clothes size & when I messed up eating a food/meal I got back on track w the very next food I ate. I wrote myself a 'contract w daily/weekly/monthly' weight-loss on it & I posted a copy on my fridge & on bathroom mirror. On my mirror in lipstick I wrote a 1 yr date w my goal 143# inside a heart. My program included a 'mandatory-no excuses' allowed I must b active w 10 minutes of cardio before or after eating a meal; whether it was walking fast, jumping on my mini-trampoline, dancing, shooting basketball hoops, swimming etc. getting my heart stronger. I included free-weights 3x week, which I include playing fun active games like playing horseshoes, bowling & bocce' ball. Gaining the pounds is enjoyable ... Losing it is tiring ... & a big challenge ~ Keep trying different plans till U find something that works for U ~

"National FOOD Days".... I eat 1/2 portion & freeze 1/2 for another day & sub some ingredients...
Sunday May 12: Nutty Fudge Day..... May 13: Apple Pie Day Day..... May 13: Fruit Cocktail Day..... May 14: Buttermilk Biscuit Day ..... May 15: Chocolate Chip Day..... May 16: Coquilles St. Jacques Day..... May 17: Cherry Cobbler Day..... May 18: Cheese Soufflé Day..... May 19: Devil’s Food Cake Day..... May 19: World Baking Day..... May 20: Quiche Lorraine Day..... May 20: Pick Strawberries Day..... May 21: Strawberries & Cream Day..... May 22: Vanilla Pudding Day..... May 23: Taffy Day..... May 24: Escargot Day..... May 25: Brown-Bag-It Day..... May 25: Wine Day..... May 26: Blueberry Cheesecake Day..... May 26: Cherry Dessert Day..... May 27: Grape Popsicle Day..... May 28: Brisket Day..... May 28: Hamburger Day..... May 29: Coq Au Vin Day..... May 30: Mint Julep Day..... May 31: Macaroon Day.....
'Weekly' Foods to Honor: National Raisin Week and National Herb Week are the 1st week of the month, National Hamburger Week the 2nd week of the month, International Pickles Week is the 3rd week, and both National Frozen Yogurt Week and American Beer Week concurrently in the 4th week. National Barbecue Day and National Hamburger/Cheeseburger Day both fall on Memorial Day Monday.

Have a Wonderful week everyone
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #237  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Been MIA the past few days......Saturday we had my eldest DS bday party. Made him his favorite lemon cake. I made it three layers tall with a whipped cream topping and it turned out wonderful. I also made a delicious picnic salad, smoked spare ribs and a big batch of mostaccioli. I always make too much

Sunday of course was Mother's Day, made the kiddos some homemade chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Surprisingly, I wasn't tempted to eat it. I don't know how I got roped into making breakfast on Mother's Day, oh well I don't mind. I also made some dark chocolate covered strawberries, which I did treat myself to several. We also went to a local nursery where I bought several landscaping plants and items for my vegetable garden. Then DH starting feeling ill midday and it was just the kids and I remainder of the day. We managed to finish planting on our own but I didn't feel like grilling as we had planned. So leftover mostaccioli it was!

He felt better yesterday and we got several more plants to put around the yard and finished that up. He left for out of town just now for a week. I'll miss my walking buddy.

When he comes back we have a camping trip planned for a few days over Memorial weekend. Hoping the weather cooperates.

Supposed to be near 90 today. I can tell the weather and humidity is up, my hands are so puffy. The heat always does this to me, weight loss did not help that!

Have a good Tuesday ladies!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #238  
It is what it is...

Hi Ladies ...gonna be a warm one here today I think...over 80 ,,, last two days it was only in the 50's ...having some of Dee's weather ...sometimes it seems like the warm weather will never get here to stay...

I'm still not doing real good but am doing better than I was last week...I'm turning things back around...still having my daily soda, but I agree with Dee, it could be worse...it could be a whole cake lol

Dee - I have had those times my my dh as well...and it hurts ...I also have said many hurtful things to him ...I think that just happens in a marriage once in a while ( not that it's right ) ...I'm sure you are not lazy...always sounds like to me that you are super busy...don't get down...I would totally understand how you feel about your dad , I still have my Dad but lost my Grandpa when I was 10 ...he made me feel so special and loved when he was around ...he died in 1983 and I still miss him so much sometimes...especially when I just need that extra care...glad you got to spend time with the kids and that it made you feel better...

Lyss - love the new pic of you ....nice bod !!! 95 lbs lost is such a HUGE accomplishment ...I need to start paying attention more to what you are eating and doing. Good for you for not pigging out ( like I have been lately ) with the bday's and mothers day celebrations...you are doing such a great job.

Hi Tori, Mel, Leeanne and Susie !!!!

Hope you all have a good day...I am going to look at some mattresses on my lunch hour ...we need one SO bad ...both are backs are screaming at us !!!

Later !
Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #239  

Hi Everyone,

I'm plugging along here. I didn't get my food logged yesterday as my routine was messed up and so I ate at weird times; like I at a apple for breakfast..then got hungry at 11 so I had ceral for lunch and then at 5 I had a egg sandwhich for dinner. I did have some frozen greek yogurt later in the evening.

Carri: Glad to hear that you are turing things around.

Dee: Thanks for sharing your program and also the issues with DH and how they made you feel. Like Carri said I to have had times like those with my DH..and it does hurt....and I always want my dad. He was my hero. He raised me and my brother all by himself and he always believed in me and when he got mad about something he didn't throw insults; he talked about why he was mad and how what I did made him feel. I wish my DH could learn that when we argue. I don't say unkind things but I can be bossy.

Lyss: It is hard to get the exercise in when your walking buddy isn't around. I know I struggle to do it when mine isn't around.

Speaking of walking..I'm doing a 5k this afternoon at work...we do this sort of thing in the spring and fall; it is a part of our Vibrant Living theme.

I am not doing it for time this time. I haven't really trained...but I will walk and get the distance and my workout will be done for the day!

It is going to be HOT during that 5k. It's already 78 here and the 5k is at 2.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #240  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Ladies ….my stress level just keeps going up …I finally broke down and bought a new mattress, my back and especially dh’s back has really been bothering us because of this mattress we have had for probably 12 years or more ..probably more like 15 …so it’s bad, really bad…and I cannot believe how much mattresses are these days…but considering we’ll probably have for another 10 years I guess the price isn’t that bad …and worth it to wake up and not feel like you have slept like a pretzel …and we don’t have any credit cards so we had to have cash for it…and that was a hit to the ol’ account ….and then if that wasn’t enough…

Took my car in for the hail repair and the outer car looks perfect however my liner was wrinkled and creased…took it back in , I have a rental they are paying for, and they are still working on it today saying “it looks a lot better”, well I don’t want better, I want it back the way it was when I brought it in, NEW ….so I have to go pick it up tonight and if not up to my satisfactory I guess we will get into it again, and I’m just over it all period …and of course the place I chose is like 45 mins away so in rush hour traffic it takes me like an hour and a half, had to go over there last night and again tonight to look at ….Girls, I’m just on the edge …

And of course my eating is not great, can’t say as I care right now ( I will, just not now ) …just trying to get thru each day without freakin out on someone right now…..

Sorry I had to vent …..