3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8

Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #211
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies –

Dee – no they are not actual biscuits, but they are called that…it’s the BelVita Breakfast Biscuits at the store…they are hard like a cookie, they are a whole grain deliciousness, lol ….found in the cookie and cracker aisle, they have 3 or 4 different flavors but because I love anything ( and all things ) blueberry, I get that flavor.

Susie - 300 less? I am very surprised that there was that much of a difference...that's odd...can you handle that much less? that's a lot.
Went to the doctor a little while ago and got some muscle relaxers and pain
meds...so we'll see what happens...can't really take it all at work...but might try half of one...yes, I have had this before and it's no fun, wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy !!

Hi to everyone !! Have a good OP day

Food 4/30
B = English muffin with 1 T Natural PB with honey – 200
L = low carb tortilla – 120, ham – 90, cheese – 45, baked Doritos – 90
S = blueberry greek yogurt – 130, twizzlers - 30
D = whole wheat couscous ( 1 ½ cups ) – 400, 10 large shrimp – 120, olive oil for shrimp – 50
S = popcorn – 150
Total for day - 1425

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #212

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I will have a busy night when I get home and I had a minute of downtime at work and thought I would grab some time to chat with my Chickes!

I had a great workout last night. We walked for 45 min and then did a upperbody strength workout with free weights. It felt good to curl those weights! Makes me feel strong I'm a little sore today but not to bad. I didn't start out too heavy; I started with 8's, 10's and 12 lb weights.

I have gotten a 20 min walk in today at work and my plan is to go home and get dinner cooked and in the oven to keep warm and then get DH to do a walk in the neighborhood. It's just BEAUTIFUL here in Ohio and around 7 p.m. will be a great time to walk. Then we will come back, eat dinner and relax watching The Middle, Modern Family and Suberatory. We love these shows and we sit and laugh together. Wednesday is the only night be both sit down together so I look forward to that time.

Carri: I was surprised it was that much different as well, but this seems to be better. I'm not hungry and I don't feel stuffed like I did with the higher number.

I hope each day your back gets better.

I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #213
It is what it is...

Susie - me and dh love those shows as well, we are planted in our seats and watching them every Weds. Enjoy your evening.

And thanks for the good thoughts about my back.

Carri

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #214
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note to update.....DD had her bday today, she wanted chow mein and hot wings for her dinner. So I made that for everyone along with her cake, twice. I had to make two cakes, first one stuck so bad to the cake pans, don't know why....got smart and used parchment paper second go around and turned out much better. I had a little of everything for dinner, saved my calories up for it. Hopefully not too much damage.

Carri: hope your back feels better girl, I know how miserable that can be

Susie: I'm on MFP, username alyssa1125, feel free to friend me!

*waves* everyone else!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #215
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies…yesterday was a full day, had a dr appt in the morning for my back ( was muscle spasm , got meds ), and then in the afternoon had my 6 month dental cleaning…woof …I just wanted to go home and relax, plus I worked in between the appts with my back screaming…I was worn out…I typically don’t like to take muscle relaxers at work since I work with numbers but I am going to take a half of one after breakfast and see how I do…I’m uncomfortable right now and need some relief. This work chair is not always the most comfortable with a back issue. But I know this will go away soon with the meds ( and some heat I put on it ), so I’m staying positive.

Worst part of being stiff with my back is that my house is suffering, the kitchen is a mess…dh has been working a lot so he doesn’t have extra time to do it…hopefully I will be able to stand and tackle some of it tonight …

Lyss – thanks…I know it will start to feel better in a couple of days...this one is actually mild compared to about 10 years ago, I was shaving my legs, bent over and came back up and boom – couldn’t move, was in bed for about a week…it sucked…so I’m thankful this one isn’t as bad…but I did get to the doctor a lot sooner, last time I waited too long to get help and meds.
Glad dd had a great time for her birthday, and good for you for doing so well and keeping OP. I don’t have much luck with baking, but I have surprised myself with a couple of good cakes here and there, haha

I brought a Lean Cuisine for lunch today, and I already don’t want it, haha …you girls ever do that? I bring something and then can’t stand thought of eating it …so I might head out for lunch, gonna be a gorgeous day here.

Have a good day everyone !!!

Food 5/1
B = one scrambled egg – 90, 2 sausage links – 120, ½ c hash browns ( no oils or fats ) – 30
L = low carb tortilla – 110, ham – 90, cheese – 45, baked doritos – 90
S = English muffin – 100, Natural PB – 100
D = Beef au jus ( 4 oz ) – 160, cauliflower – 50, cheese – 60, bacon bits – 50, s cream – 90
S = ½ bagel thin – 55, peanut butter – 150
Total for day = 1390

Carri

Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #216
There I am!

Here's the first mishap, glad I baked it early in the day so I had time to make another. I ended up pitching it before my mom suggested making a trifle out of it...didn't even think of doing that, but then again I don't need the extra calories

and the second one....the gel icing I used to make flowers and write with started melting, very warm day yesterday.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #217
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey girlies,imstill bruised. Monday i start week 3 again,i will notquit! Im glad ur all doing ok!

cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #218

Hi! I took a vacation day today. I'm doing a bit of spring cleaning today and just having a day to myself. I needed it.

I weighed in at TOPS last night...I was expecting a big loss, and lost 1/2 a pound! A bit disappointing but it was a loss and I know enough that sometimes after a big loss the week before, the scales don't show a big loss the next time but will the time after that. What I will say is that I'm feeling great! I'm logging my food...exercising every day and making good choices and I feel good about that. The weight loss WILL come.

Carri: I am happy to hear I have someone else who watches the same Wed night shows I watch. I LOVE the middle...it reminds me of some things in my childhood and I just laugh and laugh.

Yes, I have brought something for lunch before and just didn't want it. I think you should go out and get something you want because if you eat what you don't want you will go looking for something else and not make wise choices. At least that is what I would do.

If we lived closer I would come over and clean your kitchen today for you.
Take care of yourself.

Torri! I was about to hunt you down and send you a text. Glad to see you back and no you won't quit...you are not a quitter! you had a set back with a injury. Althletes do this all the time and they find a way to work around it and rehab and still keep in shape...you will too.

Lyssa: the second cake looks pretty! You are so smart to save the calories for things like this when you know you will have something...planning is smart.

I was laughing when I was reading about the issues you had with the first cake. Those things happen.

Wednesday night it happened to me too but with a meal I made. I tried to make a Lemon Terrikai (sp?) chicken (for DH) cheese potatoes (a new low fat recipie) and roasted spring veggies. I cooked the chicken to fast and it was so coated with the sauce and I couldn't scrap it off..it carmalized..the potatoes were horrible..the veggies were good.

My poor DH..he tried to eat that chicken....we were sitting there trying to eat this meal and I finally said no more! I threw it all away and said, there is ceral, soup, cheese and crackers of fast food. DH went and got him chicken from KFC and I had cheese and crackers.

I will add you on MyFitness Pal. I'm SusieChaney on there.

Have a great day everyone...I've got to get moving.

Dee: I know you will pop in..but I wanted to let you know I am missing you!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #219
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ….I hopped on the scale today and it showed me a pound up, so I’m a bit disappointed but going to weigh again on Sunday and see how it is then…for some reason I am constipated, and I guess it might be from the pain meds and musc relaxers I am taking for my back…we are having a taco pitch in for work today, I’m hoping to stay on track. I brought my own low carb tortilla to have and dh made fresh homemade pico for everyone…and I love to bring that since it’s like only 20 calories for a huge serving…fills my taco shells up a lot and makes me feel like I am having more.

Susie – good for you for taking that mental health day off, haha…that’s what I always call it ….I know you work a lot, and you do need some extra time off. I wish you lived closer too, I need the help, haha ….but when I got home from work yesterday dh had cleaned the whole kitchen ( even hand washed some things too ), so I was pretty happy about that…I guess I’ll keep him.
I REALLY feel like you and I are in the zone right now, that we are focused, and can stay strong for the long haul ….lets keep this up !!!

Lyss – I love how that pink cake looked…I don’t crave sweets often but when I do I want cake, so that looks really good to me.

Tori – good to hear from you on here…hang in there, you’ll be back to your old self soon and can get back to things.

Hi Dee, Mel, Liz, and LeeAnne

So glad today is Friday…looks like it might rain off and on today and the weekend, but I’m okay with that…I need a lazy one…plus we put weed and feed on the yard and I want some water on it…those stupid dandelions just love to take over, gotta deal with them fast, haha.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Food 5/2
B = one egg – 90, 2 sausage links – 120, 1 T shredded cheese - 25
L = 10 pc KFC bites ( plus they snuck an 11th one in there ) – 370
S = Belvita biscuits, blueberry – 230
D = homemade baked spaghetti, made with low carb pasta – huge square ( I was hungry ) – 600 ( I know, woof ! )
S = HC strawberry fro-yo cup – 100
Total for day - 1535

Carri

Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #220
There I am!

Carri: Hope your back is doing better....yes those meds will definitely make you constipated. They also make you retain water, so combine those both and that will cause a weight gain. I see it everytime I take ibuprofen. Hang in there girl.

Tori: How is your ankle doing? Is the swelling and bruising getting better?

Susie: Glad we are now MFP friends!

I'm up a pound on the scale too, not surprising considering all the sodium from DD's bday party. It was worth it

I'm trying to save up calories for Sunday (Cinco de Mayo)....we always go out for Mexican, my favorite, that day! Gotta have my chips and guac

I updated my progress pics today, check it out!

Progress Pics

Last edited by thnknthin1 : 05-03-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #221

Good morning. Today is busy but should be fun. We are finishing the house cleaning....should only take about a hour with both of us doing it.

Then going to take a trip down to Mason, OH to go to the Alteration lady and get some pants hemmed for DH, then to the Mall to use some gift cards for a few new things for both of us, then we have a gift card to use for late lunch/early dinner. We are going to Maggiono's. It's a wonderful italian food place. I will have to be careful with my calories...and get in some mall walking.

Then we are going to return home and go see the New Iron Man movie. Our movie theatre is only five dollars a ticket anytime versus eleven for a matinee in the bigger movie theaters.

Carri: I am almost certain you are up on the scales due to the constipation that I am sure is from the meds. Get that water going to help with the constipation and maybe some extra fiber....as long as you add extra water or you will have cement! Try eating a apple or two..that always helps me "go".

How did you do at the "pitch-in" at work?

Lyssa: I'm glad we are friends on MFP too! It will help me to log in each day and track my food...feel free to check it and give me feed back.

I just checked out your progress pictues! WOW! You have inspired me for today (and many days to come). I want to look like that!!!

Hi Dee, Mel, Liz, Tori and Leeann! Pop in and see us. You are missed!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit : 05-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #222

S/C/G: 174#/At my GoaL 145#.

Height: 5'4"

Hey

Susie, yep Kelly Pickler dances like a professional & I like her & Ali the best. I took your 1/2# loss & added it to me, Thurs. night dh got us a 16" pizza for supper & I ate 2 slices & felt sick for 3 hrs from the sodium. I was bored Friday night when dh was in the store buying his snacks & I loaded some LooneyTunes cartoons on my 10" KindleFire & I laughed-off that 1/2 lb. gain waiting for him. The kids latest Kindle games r: Smurfs & Disney Princesses & Beach Buggy [driving a dune bugy course while turning the kindle] I'm glad dh got it for me for V-day, instead of $300 more for a iPad, I'll check into the iPad mini, vs the 7" KindleFire for my purse from Santa. Go load-up some of the free vegan & Mediteranian cookbooks on it, I did w some Shred & Dash diet books for their recipes. Your librarian friend was soo right recommending it being a great pc tablet to own. I would've gone w your dh & got Chinese take-out to eat We want to go see the New Iron Man movie too, please don't tell us about it I think Revenge ends next week.

Lyss, your pics r great & U look fantastic now r U sure your goal is 160# @ 5'7", not 165#-170#. If a cake goes crazy, U can also turn it into 'cake pops' w the kids by adding frosting & rolling into balls & freeze them, then add frosting & the kids sprinkle w toppings or draw frosting faces onto them & mom can make herself a mini-cake pop U did phenomenal w having the b-day parties soo close together

Carri, I hope your RX kicked-in & your back's good now Hey post the 'homemade pico' recipe TY, dh cooks & cleans Oh, r U counting cals & carbs or just cals now? I counted the carbs I ate for 2 days last week & it was about 100 both days; I copied this from MFP: Daily 1,200 Calories: Carbs 165 g, Fat 40 g, Protein 45 g. Seems like the cals would b higher w those carb values U said your mom & sis r your size, r they doing any interesting diets or exercises? U r sooo lucky to have them in your life & how's Grandma, give her a squeeze from me we need her to have 'many more' Mother's Days w you'all......

Tori, I bet baby girl is running circles around her mama, knowing U can't catch her when she gets helpful-naughty How r U doing living in the country right now & r U planting a veggie garden, do U live far from town? We miss U, r U still feeling Jillian's motivation from her seminar, did she sell any special dvd's.... Umm Bob Harper's mohawk, he's like umm too old for that look but I like him, all the trainers r very wonderful on BL. I'd love to b on the BL ranch w them for a week.

Today I rode horses & then helped clean their tack room. I'm opening-up my Yonnana box tonight & tomorrow use it after we get home from kayaking, we're grilling a Cinco de Mayo dinner 'grilled fajita's' p: & my dessert is grilled pineapple-mango w my 'Yonanna ice cream' I'll have a fun week w client's coming for clothing fittings & Roman window treatments to deliver & put up, plus my kennel only has 5 guests, a good week coming... ...

Enjoy these "National FOOD Days" I'll list 1 week @ a time for meal ideas & eat 1/2 portion size & substitute some ingredients.
Saturday/May 4: Homebrew Day [beer-wine]..... Orange Juice Day..... May 5: Chocolate Custard Day..... Cinco de Mayo..... Hoagie Day..... May 6: Crêpes Suzette Day..... No-Diet's Day..... May 7: Roast Leg-of-Lamb Day..... May 8: Coconut Cream Pie Day..... Empanada Day..... Have A Coke Day..... May 9: Butterscotch Brownie Day..... Moscato Wine Day..... May 10: Shrimp Day..... Saturday/May 11: Eat What You Want Day.....

Have a Happy weekend everyone.......
Old 05-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #223
There I am!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Cold and rainy here.....again, here in Illinois. But this should be the last day of it and the nice warmer weather will be back tomorrow. It's made it difficult getting out for my walks.

Carri and Tori: Hope you two are feeling better

Susie: Are you logging on MFP yet? Thank you for the compliment on my progress pics!

Dee: Thank you too for the sweet compliment....I made my goal way back when I first started. I'm 5'6" and 154 is a normal weight for my height but I don't hold much faith with those BMI calculators. I've always had the plan of re-evaulating my goal when I reach 160's.

And today.....drumroll please.......I am no longer obese!! I reached the 185 which means I am simply now overweight. Never thought I'd be so glad to be called overweight

Thing is, we will be going out for Mexican tonight and I'll probably bloat up from the sodium. I'm saving my calories for it but the sodium is what gets me every time. Tomorrow I will spend the day flushing it out

Have a good day ladies!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #224

Good morning to all of you. We were up late last night. I got to working on some things and couldn't stop--I had a second wind after we got back from the movie and just kept going at it. We went to bed at 2:30 a.m!

When it came time to get up for church we just couldn't do it. We decided it is ok to miss occasionally to "rest". That is what we are doing this morning. Quiet in the house, no tv and until know, no computer. We have been reading and talking.

Later today we are going to hear my niece sing with the Cincinnati Childern's choir. I'm looking foward to it...I told my DH it is good for us to have culture!

Dee: Thank you for the weekly food celebrations. I like them...I saw one that said enjoy a coke. I have a friend who LOVES coke and I"m going to set up a time with her on that day to meet at Big Boy and have one. We can catch up with each other over a coke and celebrate one of her favorite things together.

I'm sorry you found my 1/2#. I'm sure you have it off by now with all that laughing, horse back riding and cleaning the tack room.

I have to share this, I was listeing to some "Every day Health sessions" that are a part of our health benefits When we listen to them and take the quiz at the end you earn $$ to put towards our deductible...we have the opportunity to earn back our deductible--I make sure I do this every year because that is money back into my pocket. Anyway, there was one of how housework, and yard work can be used as exercise. We have stump grindings left in our yard from the tree we recently had to have taken down because it died. I was looking for someone to come and get them out of the yard for us. We don't need all of it..we will use some to mulch with but don't need all that is there. I have offered it to friends and family and no one has taken me up on it. I talked to DH and next weekend we are going to go out and clean it up and put it in our yard waste bags that the City wil pick up for free...it's going to be a great workout..all the shoveling and bagging.

Lyssa: Yes I am posting my food on MFP...are you seeing the notifications that I am completing my diary? I am seeing yours.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #225
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey girls~ I'm glad you're doing well!
Dee- I'm excited to hear about your Yonanas Machine! We're still in the talking about it not yet planning it stages of the garden since we have so much other stuff on our plates right now, My ankle is still a little swollen/bruised Yesterday was 2 weeks by the way .. I had NO idea it would take this long! My plan was to be back in serious action tomorrow but my dad insists that I lay around another week ( I can't do that) I am going to visit my mom in Alabama Friday and flying back in on Saturday then doing Hubby's Bday Sat/SUn. So Monday I'll be back in action I guess. I'm walking around and doing smal things, In a way I'm still motivated from her seminar but I"m soo disappointed that the day i decide to change our life as a family I get such a huge set back! lol I'm just gonna chalk it up to life and keep on truckin as soon as I can! I will do some simple workouts this week because I dont' feel as much self esteem when I don't workout.

cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.