3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8

Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #196
It is what it is...

Also I just noticed that my first mini goal in my sig line says 210 by end of April....I may not get quite to that but I might get REALLY close !!!

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #197

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies.

I am dealing with the leftover of a headache that showed up yesterday. It was better when I woke up this morning but it came back this afternoon. It isn't as bad as yesterday's headache though.

I was able to get a 20 min walk in today. It is helping that my cube mate is good about going with me. We had a busy morning and didn't get our morning walk in but did get our afternoon one in.

I'm not tracking my food this week. I am just trying not to overeat or snack to much. We will see how that did when I weigh-in tomorrow.

Carri: Sorry to hear about the BP. But on the other hand, you are doing some very good things for yourself right now. You are almost at your April goal...you have done great! and you walked to Subway...that is just awesome.

I feel for you gals who have to deal with TOM. I remember that and it wasn't fun. I was ALWAYS hungry during that time and you are smart to up your protein during that time.

I have hormone surges now and then as I still have my ovaries after my hysterectomy and when I do I get that same hunger feeling.

Tori: Glad to hear you are healing....be kind to yourself and take it slow at the exercise. You can still do it..but do it a little slower.

Dee: GREAT ideas about the TOPS magazine. I remember Ali from the Biggest Loser. I really liked her!

Time for me to go to bed...see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #198
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies…well TOM got the best of me last night and I ate my weight in M&Ms ….I feel bloated and bogged down with sugar even this morning…yuck…but my craving for salty and sweet is really strong this week…I usually always give in to it at least once during this time.

Susie – It sucks that you get such bad headaches…My mom gets migraines a lot that puts her in bed for a day or two…luckily she doesn’t work ( I always tell her to appreciate that ). Yes I hate getting my TOM …BUT I only get one every quarter thanks to my wonder bc pills so I’m cool with that, haha…hope your headache is completely gone today !!!!
I just noticed your sig line with your weight loss….I can’t believe how far away you have gotten from the dreaded “3” number you were afraid of…GREAT job Susie !!!

Gonna go ahead and post my food but it won’t be pretty – no judging, haha, kidding – I know you won’t …well maybe Dee …lol

Food 4/24
B = English muffin and 1 T PB – 200
L = frozen meal 340, green tea – 60
S = string cheese – 80, pack of ham – 100
D = low carb chicken wrap – 400 , salsa 30
S = more salsa and 2-3 servings of tortilla chips, plus 4 fun size packs of M&Ms…one blueberry poptart, one pack of trail mix ( ate half )
*** I would have no idea on the calories of all that….it’s shameful ….

Hope you all have a good day....I will be eating low carb and light to try and counter balance by binge...

Carri

Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #199
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm here....sorry I haven't wrote in lately. TOM got the better of me too this week, showed up early. Did good all day and the other night went out and bought a huge turtle sundae from a local frozen custard stand. First one I've had since last summer. It was worth it But now I have an extra pound to get rid of, but it's probably water weight from TOM. Sigh.

My youngest has his 3rd bday this weekend, having family over Sunday. I need to do my best and not be tempted by all the yummy stuff we will be having. I will put out a fruit and veggie platter, but there will also be pizza, cake and ice cream. Hold me back!

Have lots to do to get the house ready. I also want to get out and buy a new top to go with a pair of white capris I've had forever that I can finally wear. I literally have no clothes that fit right anymore, especially for warmer weather.

So, that's my agenda for the next few days. Oh, plus my dd has her bday Wednesday and my oldest has his bday the following Monday after that! Lots of birthdays in a row.

Have a good day gals!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #200

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in. I have TOPS tonight. I sure hope those scales are good to me.

I am celebrating a NSV. From last Thursday to today, I have managed to walk at least one of my walking times that I have built into my work day and I'm back to taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

Carri: I have a M&M story to tell you. Last week at TOPS one of our ladies came in and she said "let me get this over with...I had M&M's EVERYDAY for breakfast". It was just so funny when she said it.

Thanks for mentioning that big "3" number and that I'm not there anymore. My progress here has been so slow but that's ok...I'm making over my life.

I have that salty and sweet craving too sometimes and when it is there, NOTHING will take the place of it. I used to have it more when I had TOM.

LeeAnn: I would say that the first turtle sunde of the season is always worth it! Drink lots of water to get that other water weight through your body.

I also heard one time if you are craving ice cream, that you are really just thirsty and should have some water. Thinking about it, I always have water when I eat ice cream!

Dee: After I posted yesterday I realized that I hadn't answered your question about where we go to church. It's called Bible Baptist. We have a large congregation, usually about 12,000 every Sunday.

Ok..I'm shutting down and heading to TOPS..see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #201

Happy Friday! I am so ready for this week to be over.

The headache is ALL gone and I'm ready to get back into life. I have more clothes to switch over this weekend to see what I need to update my spring/summer wardrobe with. I know I need some casual brown sandles.

I already bought some new black and white t-shirts and cami's and tanks. I always need those after wearing them with so many things during the season. And I bought a couple pair of new dressier sandels to wear for work.

Once I have all thing out and looked at, then I can go shopping.

I have good news to share ...I lost 3.5 lbs last night at my TOPS weigh-in.

Dee: I read the NIV most of the time. We do use King James in the service. My dad always read the "Living Bible". My faith is a big part of who I am.

I can't believe that lady at TOPS asked you when you are going to reach your goal! First of all..with the weigh and height you are, and wearing a med in pants you are fit and at a great weight and I'm sure it shows!

I think I might have said to her "mostly likely before you". I can have a "wicked" tongue sometimes!

I love the tips you give us here; I share them with my TOPS group.

I must get back to work. I'll be checking in this weekend.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #202
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies…TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee – I was just messing with you, teasing you ….yes, I do use lettuce wraps a lot for my chicken salad and stuff…but I mainly use these low carb tortillas I like…I like a wrap for lunch here at work, nice and portable.
I have an M&M weakness too, and those peanut butter ones are SOOOOOOO good.

Susie – glad to hear the headache is gone…with my TOM here I have had slight ones off and on all week…so I’ll be glad to be off it in the next day or two…CONGRATS on the 3.5 lbs down, that is a VERY good week for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tori, Lyss, LeeAnne, Mel, and any and all lurkers.

Food 4/25
Breakfast – belvita blueberry breakfast biscuits ( 3 ) – 175
Lunch – Atkins frozen entrée – 330
Snack – pce of beef jerky – 30, baked Doritos – 90, blueberry yogurt – 130
Dinner – bbq pork – 100, sandwich thin – 90, 2 baked hash brown patties – 260
Snack – trail mix – 330
Total for day – 1535

Hope you all have a good weekend…hopefully half way warm and sunny !!!!

Carri

Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #203
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies! Things are ok here My ankle is healing but not back to normal yet. I went out for my birthday friday night and hurt my ankle again. Its sore but the swelling is almost gone now and the bruising is near gone too! I think a few more days and I'll be good as new. I am gonna workout tomorrow . I have decided for the next school year I will home school my girlies. It will be awesome I'm already making plans for what we will do . We're working on getting the house back to normal because It got really messy during the week that I wasnt walking around . I'm glad you're all here and I'll be updating you all very soon , i was just checking in .

cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #204
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies - hope you all had a good weekend. I had a pretty good one...got off plan for a couple of meals, but not horrible.

Dee - your dh's breakfast sounds so good, I love breakfast food and can eat it for any meal. Oh and I use the Mission brand Carb Balance one's...they taste the best to me...I even sometimes just spread some peanut butter on one and eat it for a snack.

Tori - glad to hear you are doing better with the ankle...why are you gonna home school ?

Hi Susie

Gonna finish my store list tonight while I'm still on break...have a good day !!

Carri

Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #205

S/C/G: 174#/At my GoaL 145#.

Height: 5'4"

Hey Carri nice to see U, so glad that U had a nice weekend.

Hi Tori I had a friend that homeschooled, till her kids were in 6th grade & wanted to play sports & b in jr. band, so they started public school & the 2 boys liked it & her daughter missed mom & disliked the school drama after 6 wks @ public school & returned to home-schooling & finished grade 12 @ 15 yr taking the grad.tests. Take good care of that ankle

HeLLLLooooooo Where is Everybody Else.... .... ....

I was gonna tell U a joke from my dh, but I don't know if it would b censored

Have a Gooodddd week, Where-Everrrr you'ALLLL are.....

Last edited by miniDoodles : 04-29-2013 at 08:03 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #206

Hi Everyone. The day was so busy, it flew by as did the weekend.

I did pretty well over the weekend but I did have a coke...i have to be careful with those because they can really set me off.

I want to have another good weight-loss this week so I told myself that was it for the week.

I didn't make it to the Y tonight. DH worked until 6 and we rode together today so I didn't get home until 6:30 and there was dinner to fix. I did go on a 30 min walk today at lunch so that will have to count for my exercise.

I'm trying to cook 2 of our meals every week. Tongiht was meatless and we had Pasta Primavera. It had a lot of veggies in it, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, yellow peppers. I will cook again on Wed and it will be lemon terriaki chicken (for dh) cheesy potatoes, and spring roasted veggies.

Dee: You amaze me with all the energy you have! Your volunteering sounds like a fun time. Thanks for posting the the National Food days. It is a very good way to eat some different things that you might have not thought about and helps to not get board with food.

Are you still watching Revenage? Did you watch it last night?

Carri: Is your store list your grocery list? I have never thought about grocery shopping during the week..we do it on the weekend. Do you always go during the week?

Good for you for staying on plan for most of the weekend and getting back on when you got off.

Torri: I LOVE to dance. Do you do a lot of salsa dancing? When we went on our cruise almost 9 years ago, there was a salsa club on the boat and our tablemates were Latino and went all the time and we went to watch and try to dance like they did...it was fun and they looked amazing diong it.

How's the ankle feeling?

Have a good evening and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #207
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !! I am still dealing with some back pain…don’t know if I mentioned that I hurt it last week and have been having to baby it ever since…if it gets much worse I will go to the doctor but right now I am trying to avoid that. It’s totally muscular, and I have done it before, usually every time I lose a little bit of weight by back get’s iffy …like the fat shift, or the way I’m carrying my belly weight redistributes and pulls on my back.

Susie – we cook all of our meals thru the week ( and most of the weekend ), usually only eat out once a week ….but yes I make a list every Monday of what meals I am going to make and what I need, and do my grocery shopping every Monday night after work. The stores are less crowded at that time, they are crazy on the weekends…at least around here…your pasta dish sounds really good…I might make that sometime with my low carb pasta…I always am looking for new meal ideas.
You deserved one coke for your good loss last week.

Dee – I love a good joke ( especially one that might need to be censored ) lol …

Hi Tori, Lyss, and LeeAnne, and everybody else …

Food 4/29
B – blueberry breakfast biscuits – 230
L - Wendys grilled chicken sandwich – 400
S – Granola Bar – 130
D – Thin crust pizza ( frozen, made at home ) – 3 slices – 400
S – Bagel Thin – 110, peanut butter, 100, jelly – 60
Total for day – 1490

Have a good day everyone.

Carri

Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #208

S/C/G: 174#/At my GoaL 145#.

Height: 5'4"

How r our Chicklet's today?
Susie a 30 min. walk is wonderful aerobics, gentle on the body & fat burning & great cardio. Yep I'm watching Revenge, on a TV interview w Emily & Daniel, he said they r real-life dating couple, he's got a British accent being from the UK & she's Canadian. Great Job w cooking, its the Only for certain way that U know the food values in your meals. I Luv my veggies so I enjoy cooking Mediteranian, dh doesn't like olives, so I use 2 pans on many recipes for his....

Carri, a blueberry breakfast biscuit did U put blueberries in your biscuit mix or add them crushed/cooked or use jam? I'm sorry about your back-pain, I hope U get better soon Would wearing a ace-wrap around your bod underneath your work clothes & @ home help U w the pain, or a heating pad againt your work chair, or visit a chiropractor

National Food Days, buy or cook that day's food & share it w your dh or just eat half @ 1 meal & eat the other 1/2 for your snack that day & make a lo-calorie version. I also shop during the week according to my business schedule & like to b @ the stores when they open in the morning [new stock full on the shelves, traffic is low & store aisles not crowded]. When I go w dh shopping for 'his needs' guy stuff, tools, etc. he takes us to lunch & then to Dairy Queen, etc for a ice cream dessert. So its fattening to shop w dh.

Who watches 'The Amazing Race, American Idol, DWTS & Survivor' & 'who do U want to win' ??? Cute seeing Sean w Catherine on DWTS @ practice last night, the fans have kept Andy Dick on, cause he tries soo hard & he truly sees himself as a sincere dancer, but he'll go tonight cause everyone else on his dance level has left the show now.
Lyss, LeeAnn, Tori & Everybody
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #209
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Sorry haven't posted on here past several days. Had my youngest DS bday party on Sunday, it went really well. I saved up calories and had pizza, cake and ice cream and still managed to lose a pound! I don't know how that happened. Getting ready for the next birthday, my dd's is tomorrow. Been busy with those preparations, will be making her cake tomorrow. She wants pizza as well, hopefully I won't gain with this go around.

Just wanted to stop in quick and give an update. Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you ladies later

Lyss
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #210

Good day...right on plan and added upper-body strength to our workout tonight.

I'm tracking my food on My Fitness Pal. I was surprised that is has me at 300 calories less than my Lose It App did. I'm in a challenge at work to track my food for 30 days and we are using My Fitness Pal so that was why I switched over and I like it. Anyone else on MFP?

Carri: Sorry to hear about your back. I have delt with back pain over the years (off and on) and it is no fun that is for sure.

Thanks for the idea of using the low carb pasta next time I make that dish! I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Dee: Any veggie Mediteriann dishes you want to share with me I would love them. My DH doesn't like olives but I would just make two pans as well.

I watch DWS. Sean is cute on there but not my favorite. I am hoping Kelly Pickler will win it.

Lyss: Good for you for saving those points! That was a smart move. Now, be strong with the pizza. Congrats on losing the pound.

Hi LeeAnn and Tori!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.