3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/274996-onederland-express-hop-here-8-a.html)

Satine 04-09-2013 11:37 AM

Tori - that is why I love my QVC ( and sometimes HSN ) - those easy multiple payment plans !!! Cant wait to hear how you like it ...

And actually I think those calories are probably about right for your size and activity level...about same for me too ....and that way as you lose you can lower them each time you hit a plateau, you have to have somewhere to go down to ..

MyChoice2bfit 04-09-2013 12:33 PM

Hi Everyone. Beautiful here in Ohio...makes me feel good! :flow2:

I am doing well with my food--staying in my caloried range..usually a bit under and avoided a jelly bean binge last night...I could hear these posts in my head.

I didn't get my workout in last night. With the UTI and that fact that I worked until 7 p.m. and then drove home, I just didn't go to the Y. BUT I did do a 30 min walk in the building.

I'm still dealing with the UIT (or IC flare) but it is much better than yesterday. I will meet my walking partner at the Y tonight...I hope she wants to walk outside.

Tory: I have a friend who has a Fit Bit and she LOVES it! It will help you a lot to stay on track. Good for you for playing with your baby girl at the park...it is good for both mommy and baby! And I bet it felt fun!

Carri: I laughed when I read about the White Castle. Are you still logging you food on your Lose It App? that is what I'm using right now.

My goal right now is 30 lbs by end of July. We are going to DC in June and I will see a friend and I'd like to have 10-12 lbs off by then.

Enygirl: Diet challenges are very helpful at times. Keep up the good work

HI Dee and Rebecca8...I hope we hear from you soon.

Food for April 8
B=greek peach yogert and a bannan muffin, water
L-garden salad, 1 square of meatless lazangna, water, 1 cookie bar
D=Veggie Club on crossiant from McAllisters, 1/4 cup potato salad, 2 popsicles, water
Exericse=30 min walk

Enygirl 04-09-2013 02:38 PM

Hi girls! Checking in for the day. So far I'm having an emotional day... prett much due to stress with work and the boyfriend's school stuff. I'm emotional and needy - he doesn't have time to deal with my clinging due to the whole Grad school thing. :( It'll be better - just emotional.

I did go to Red Lobster today with a friend for lunch and had a great time... plus limited myself to only 2 of those incredible cheesy biscuits! I call it a win! :D

Today is my day off from Jillian's 30 Day Shred - so I'll do a longer walk DVD this evening. As for now, I'm working, finishing a crochet order, and listening to the thunder. Something nice about the rain in April. <3

Chicken tacos on the menu for dinner - and some more water (haven't come near my goal yet today!)

Have a terrific day girls!

miniDoodles 04-09-2013 05:27 PM

Hi Girls, it's been in the 60's & rained since yesterday :smug: filling our lakes-rivers that needed it & for our morell mushroom season here. I'm doing 15 min. 2x day jumping on my mini-trampoline this week; (easy on my bad knee & burns lots of fat cals/great cardio). I gotta have fun & change-up stuff or I'll let other things influence my day & I'll stop playing/being active :trampo: I do exercises on it to fast-tempo music.
Wow, it's sooo Wonderfulllll reading that Everyone is on track & has lost pounds :cp::broc::goodscale I ADMIRE each of U for taking control of Your Health & not letting a food control your health~present & future. Nobody here, wants to b using a walker or carry around a oxygen tank in their 70's & we won't if we Stay-on this road :running:
Tori :val2: Wow your wedding pic is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful couple U both make, TY for posting it. U r doing sooo great & I hope that U get really good seat to see Jillian. I live in horse country & ride horses & have been to several rodeo's & the food doesn't bother me; because I'm always looking @ getting a newer cowboy hat & another pair of cowboy boots to wear.

Susie, Awesome news that U r in training for another 5K this May. U r a Inspiration to everyone here :val3: I am sooo happy that your busy career allows U a few minutes daily to b here w us. I teared-up while reading your loving words to me. U know that U r beloved by everyone that knows U :hug: I wish that we lived in the same state to have a monthly weekend together to play, etc. I wish U could eat supper w us tonight, I made a yummy salad w mixed greens & raspberries & blueberries & a cheese tortellini w rice flour & a delish tomato sauce w mushrooms (I choose our carbs in my dough w my pasta machine) so our meal carbs r healthy & I have a pitcher of ice water w cucumber slices & pineapple basil & lime slices ready; so satisfying that we won't desire a dessert. U know my dh would've ate your jelly beans for U. The Easter bunny got him every special jelly bean brand off the shelf, Jolly Ranchers, Sweet Tart, etc. I ate 1 of every color in each bag & then wrote down my fav bag for next Easter & so did dh.

DWTS last night was sooo good. I watch the Voice during commercial breaks & will watch all of it after the teams r chosen. Sad to see Kendra quit Splash last week. Nashville is getting exciting again; I saw Scarlett & her boyfriend on The View & was shocked, they r both foreiners & speak w heavy accents & auditioned from their countries for the show on Skype/UTube & got the roles. Michigan lost their b-ball game but I don't care because my fav team is the Michigan Spartans from Lansing. I have a recipe for homemade fruit gummies that uses: 1/3cup fruit juice & 2-3 envelopes (25 oz/740ml) unflavored gelatin; if anybody wants it, just tell me this week & I'll post-it here, I really like bagged gummy worms & peach rings but they have too much sugar so I found this healthy recipe using juice. I've lost 4 lbs the last 9 days & am down to 138 lbs again, so I'm happy today. I'll do the same thing every 2 weeks a month & do portion control the other 2 weeks so I won't have to deal w measuring/counting cals daily to remain in control.

Carri, :o I can't believe U let dh eat all your fish.... U really Luv sushi :p I tuned on R.Ray while sewing yesterday & Montel was a guest & spoke about his health & diets & said the only thing that impacted his being a obese diabetic was having a breakfast & lunch health smoothie daily in a blender made w veggies & fruit because he couldn't digest those nutrients properly & he eats a normal supper & that's how he keeps his fat off. So he became a spokes-person for the $300 blender after it worked for his diet lifestyle after losing the weight & getting off most his RX. I could replace 1 meal, not sure if I could replace 2 meals like Montel does daily because I think the meal smoothies would get boring in a month.
Enygirl, Awesome about Red Lobster :carrot: & a day-off from your Shred... I'm a beginner @ crocheting I've only made 2 things since I started a few months ago, the directions look confusing :dizzy: Some days it's hard to b OP & even try to make a effort & w stress is when I've taught myself to reach for tea, or flavored ice-water made from veggies/fruit or sip 1 glass of wine & read a book. I really like that U change your activities, instead of pushing yourself & wanting to quit while doing it. Keep-Up the Great work :cheer: We r here for U when life sucks & U need to vent, because We're much better for U than eating junk-food ;)
Rebecca8, Lyssa, Mel, Liz :wave:

Satine 04-10-2013 09:13 AM

Morning Ladies – slow morning here…going to leave work early today and get my hair done…nothing special , just a cut and highlights…but it will be nice to just leave work early – having one of those weeks. :mad:

Well now all the judges on The Voice have their teams so now we can move on to the better part of the show ( for me anyway ). I think Adam has the strongest team probably, but that’s just first impressions…we will see …I saw on the preview about Usher getting mad at one of his team members, should be interesting … :lol:

Last night I almost had a week moment and opened up a Family Size bag of Ruffles I have stored away in the cabinet …but I took a deep breath and didn’t have any….well it helped that dh was there …if I would’ve opened that bag I would have been elbow deep in it before I even realized what was going on …I just so wanted to open the bag, grab a cherry coke, and relax with them both while I watched tv…sad but true….but I didn’t do it, and I feel like I won last night over the food addiction for the first time in a long time. And now, as I am typing about the chips, I still want them :s:

Dee – I have never tried a mini trampoline but I always think it looks like fun…bet it’s good exercise too…I also heard that about Montel, and I do want a nice blender quite a bit, have been wanting the one they have on qvc, the Vitamix, supposed to be about the best…and like you said I could maybe replace breakfast with a smoothie but not 2 meals, this girls needs her meat, haha :moo::ink::T
I was sad to see Kendra quit too …fear got the best of her I guess…
I really like sushi but not any with a fish taste, most of my stuff is mainly cooked and just a little raw…guess I’m not a fish girl, and I wanted to be, lol

Susie – no right now I am not using the Lose It App, I am just counting the calories on my own …I love that app but sometimes it’s so tedious …may start using again though, I do use it to update my weight on to see how many calories I can have to lose the 2lbs a week. :flow2:

Have a great day everybody, supposed to storm here today and tonight I think

Food 4/9
B = English muffin with 1T pb = 210
L = green tea – 65, jr roast beef sandwiches, only half bun – 340
S = triscuits – 120, pb – 100
D = 5 oz sirloin steak ( little butter ) – 380, side salad with dressing – 250
S = fun size bag of M&Ms – 75
Total for day = 1550

:grouphug:

MyChoice2bfit 04-10-2013 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone. I LOVE reading all the posts. They are inspiring...the good with the not so good--and that is real life and where we live. We ebb and flow.

When I read this posts I think "we are making life-style changes...just not going on (and going off) a diet.

I love you all! :hug:

Carri: I'm sorry to hear that you are having one of those weeks. Getting your hair done will be very nice for you. Enjoy it!

I feel that sometimes the App can be tedious but after using it for a few weeks it's pretty easy for me as I tend to eat the same things. I do find it helpful to show the calorie intake for a loss of 2lbs, or 1 a week. Very helpful.

Tory: Did you get your ticket? It will be so cool just to hear her speak in person.

EnyGirl: Just eating two of those cheesy biscuits is a win in my book! I hope that today isn't as emotional for you. We all have them :hug:

Dee: I swear you should run a "retreat"...I know I would come. That lunch sounded wonderful!

Thanks for sharing about the mini-trampoline. I might have to think about one of those due to my knee.

Ok..back to work for me. See you all tomorrow.

thnknthin1 04-10-2013 01:15 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

Waiting on bad weather to arrive today and tomorrow.....nasty storms headed this way. Got my walk/run in early this morning, sweated my rear end off :)

The scale finally budged after bouncing around the same pound or two the past two weeks. At my lowest right now of 195.2.

We worked in my mom and dads yard all day Saturday and we were sooo sore the next day. Used muscles I didn't know existed :)

In about 3 weeks, 3 of my kids have birthdays....all within 8 days of each other. Oh boy, must resist the temptation to eat bday cake. That will be so hard. My oldest has me always make his favorite homemade lemon cake which has a frosting consisting of whipped cream and lemon pudding. Makes me hungry just thinking about it, it is so good. I guess if I watch my calories that day and am able to work in a slice it won't be all that bad. As long as one slice doesn't turn into half the darn cake ;)

Well, off to make myself my lunch salad. Have a good day gals!

Satine 04-10-2013 01:16 PM

Today is one of those I can't get enough food days for me and I hate those...where no matter what I eat I don't feel satisfied...just eating what I would normally eat it making me starving...I am just trying to keep it under control and stick to my eating plan ...been OP for like almost two weeks now and that is normally when I start to crack for the first time ...

Ok.....carry on ....................... haha

Satine 04-10-2013 01:18 PM

Oh Lyss, birthday cake is THE DEVIL !!!! lol ...I love it so much I don't know how you will do it, but fingers crossed

We are supposed to get nasty weather too ( probably same as yours) and since I am getting my hair done from 4-6 , I just know the nastiest part of it is going to be coming down right when I leave.

miniDoodles 04-10-2013 01:27 PM

Carri, I wish I could text U right now, I have Susie's cell but I don't know if she has yours or time to text U for me, we gotta trade cell# for texting emergencies like this... FYI :o I'm on my lunch break & stopped @ QVC for TSV & its the Yonanas machine $53.45 incl. ship. :p Sooo I shot over to Amazon & its $49.65 + $17 for a recipe bk, that QVC includes w theirs. Hey this is a sign to me to Buy it finally today. Amazon customers rate it 4* out of 5 so my plastic says Yes :cool: I'm saving $13.20 getting it as TSV @ QVC today & it comes in diff colors too :cool:

I'll b back tomorrow to post you'all. I had to get this to everyone to check-out today :p Carri & I had prior chatted about wanting this machine that turns fruit into soft serve ice cream sherbert flavors w/o sugar.

Hugs, DeeDee

cheeriloos 04-10-2013 06:47 PM

susie_Omg I have been thinking about buying that ticket all day! I read your post to me just now and I bought it~ I did it! omg i'm nervous and excited! It went down to half the price. 25 bucks!~

Carri- thats exactly how i feel when i'm going to binge! nothing is enough and I want more of everything, I learned today from a fellow blogger, I actually asked her, she said when you're feeling a weak moment make sure you get away from the food , make sure you're well fueled throughout the day, make sure you drink enoughwater and have someone to talk to when you're feeling that you're lacking something, comfort, stress relief, love, etc. I normally feeling lonely when I'm going to eat like that.

Dee- I went to the park again with baby, this time for only 40 minutes, my plan was 20 but I got a sun burn wahhh,

thinkthin- omg cake! my bday is coming up in less than 3 weeks. I am going to request my family to not get me a cake but something else instead idk what yet. then my husbands bday 3 weeks later then my 6 year old will turn 7. I already told my dad today we won't be drinking together like we normally do on m y bday. lol

Eny girl_Proud of you on those red lobster biscuits! I loooove red lobster biscuits, so glad you're doing something on Jillian Michaels , I'm thinking of doing 30 DS after I finish Body Rev.

Night girls , I had 2,000 calories today cuz i over did it on the ice cream and almond butter , that is a trigger for me , gonna throw it out cuz I over eat on that stuff.
night girls , talk to you tomorrow. Day 10 down!! today was cardio and I think i died, twice!

cheeriloos 04-11-2013 06:50 AM

Day 11 workout done! I went in the kitchen last night and ate almond butter, that is my trigger food, that and peanut butter, I will no longer be keeping almond butter in the house, I love it soo much .

Satine 04-11-2013 09:40 AM

Morning Ladies – crummy morning…we had a very bad storm last night and we had golf ball size hail …both of our cars have damage and dh’s car is only three months old…we are not happy…I guess you can’t do much about what Mother Nature does, but it sure does suck.

I know some of you live around me , so anyone else have any damage ?

Other than that things are good…my hair looks okay from my appt last night …I’ve only ever loved one hair dresser I had in my life, it was a guy, and he moved to TN and that was like 13 yrs ago, all of them that I have had since have been so so ….and so is this girl, so it looks ago but nothing awesome …I think Susie’s hair dresser would be awesome to have…great color skills

It was during my hair appt that the bad storm came thru ( like I said it would lol ), and I could hear the huge hail hitting the windows in the building and I knew my car was in trouble

Dee – I can’t wait to hear how you feel about the machine…I want one really bad but I think I will wait and hear what you think of it personally first…I was wanting someone to buy it first so they could give me and honest opinion about how it works, but I think you are gonna love it. Will you be getting it soon ? Maybe QVC will have on easy pay soon and I can get it for some cheap monthly payments.

Susie – yes I tend to eat a lot of the same things too ( as you can see from my daily food lists haha ), so that makes it easier with the Lose It app.

Tori – yes my slight binge last night came after a day of not eating that much but being so hungry, my body was just begging me to do it, lol…and of course I was alone so it was a perfect time to do “secret eating” …at least I had the calories for it and didn’t go too crazy…normally I would consume a 1000 cals in that time period…I’m learning to control it a little…I’m so excited you bought the ticket, can’t wait to hear about it…great job for already getting your work out done !!!! You’re rockin it lately!

Food 4/10
B = English muffin and pb = 210
L = frozen meatloaf meal, needed something quick – 330, applesauce – 50
S = 2 cups popcorn – 90
D = Smart One’s pizza – 270
S = Ruffles Chips – 200, peanuts – 150, M&M’s fun pack – 75, one slice toast 100, butter 100
Total for day – 1600 ish …..had slight binge moment at end of day with all the snacks you see, bad day – gonna eat more substantial foods today in way of protein and fiber to keep myself fuller and not so hungry – probably need more water too

Enygirl 04-11-2013 09:49 AM

Hi Everyone! :wave: Just finished my morning workout - 2 mile Leslie Sansone DVD. I'm finding that the more I work out, the less calories I'm burning. I know it's because essentially I'm getting healthier on the inside, I just wish the weight would come off too! :( I swear I've been in the #220s FOREVER!!! But I'm going to keep pushing... it HAS to come off eventually, right? Tonight, I'm starting level 2 of 30 Day Shred. Last time I did the program, level 2 is where I saw the most progress in my toning and weight loss. I'm NOT looking forward to the planks though! Yuck!

Working on purging diet soda from my system again... went from drinking about 144 oz a day to about 24 now. The aspartame is just SO addicting to me! It's my go to when I'm stressed... but I've purged pretty much every other life-ending habit, I can do this too! And no - cold turkey is NOT an option for me on this one. I love my family. :D

Staying OP today. Need to have a good number for tomorrow and Saturday for my diet bet! :)

cheeriloos 04-11-2013 10:10 AM

Ok Ladies, I'm super excited and slightly nervous about seeing jillian live, My cousin leaves Monday, I drop him off in melbourne that day so I'll be picking up my ticket that day . I cheated last night so bad, I'm not gonna let it get me down. I ate a healthy breakfast this morning. sent my two older babies off to school , ana is my middle baby , so much like myself. she wanted me to go on her field trip so badly , it was only 1 dollar to go to the planetarium but I didnt have a sitter, my cousin and my dad are around but not good with babies. Abby is 9 and she's got honor roll today at 2 I'm gonna buy her some flowers and chocolate anyone have eny other ideas? I am really starting to get attached to my baby puppy german shepard, not a baby anymore, i have a scar on my lip and a big scratch on my chin, (lets just say she's very passionate about giving me love). But she is a darling. I am gonna take some pics today and post em , she's crying right now wants to come play i crate trainher but i'm gonna let her out anyway cuz she's my baby, lol , my older doggy scooter is half her size and she's only 5 months old. he is a jack russel mixed with weiner. he's beginning to get used to her , he's 5 years old though so he's never really in the mood to play with her, but she is really becoming the alpha dog in this house. anyway i cheated on checking my weight, i measured yesterday but everythign was the same as last week wednesday, so no change in measurement yet. that made me curious to see if i lost any weight, ( i know i'm not sposed to check again til monday, in hopes that i wont trigger myself to binge by trying to sabotage my own progress , but i did and I'm down to 223 even after my binge last night. I"m getting rid of the almond butter this morning so i dont have to see it anymore . and i'm so happy i am losing weight! just who knows what it will fluctuate to by monday hopefully its not up from here i'll be sad. but it wont cuz i'm gonna eat super healthy and keep on keepin on . have a great day girls!