Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Not much to report. I am beginning to feel better. I'm still having to sleep elevated and this morning the swelling in my throat was almost gone. What a relief

Hope everyone is having a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Gotta love the Darwin storms. No water or air con in this building - evacuated but standby we might be back at midday.
Other building has water, dripping from the ceilings, coming in through the walls and draining down through the switchboard. Building evacuated.

Just hanging about until midday to see what gives. Don't want to have to drive home and then back again if it all miraculously comes right.

Other than that, body feeling a little better. Have knocked off the pain killers and anti-inflammatories because of the effect they were having on my internal system. Never felt so sick in my life. Pain is reducing with heat applications. I should be right by Thursday I reckon.

Haven't had time - or the ability to sit at the computer for long until today, so haven't read and inwardly digested the personals. Might get to them this afternoon.

catch you all later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #93  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. PRESIDENT!

i WOKE TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND WATCH A VERY DARK GREY
CLOUD BEING PULLED AWAY BY THE WIND.
BEHIND IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLUE SKY
ALONG WITH BIG FLUFFY WHITE CLOUDS.
I SAT IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW MEZMERIZED.
LATELY, THE SKY HAS HAD SOME VERY WEIRD THINGS GOING ON.
I'VE NEVER SEEN THESE SIGHTS IN THE ALMOST 26 YEARS I AM LIVING HERE.

I WILL BE RIGHT BACK WITH PERSONALS. DUTY CALLS.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #94  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....SO SORRY TO HEAR THE BACK IS STILL GIVING YOU FITS.
IT'S THE WORST WHEN YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT PAON.
I JUST WROTE ABOUT WEIRD CLOUDS HERE.
FREAKY STORMS ARE BECOMING THE NORM NOW ALL OVER?
HANGING AROUND & FEELING THE WAY YOU DO MUST HAVE BEEN AN EVEN BIGGER PAIN.
AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GET BLOWN AWAY!!
AND WHAT KIND OF BUILDING IS THAT LEAKING ALL OVER THE PLACE?!?!
IF YOU'RE GONNA BE LEAKED ON, WE HAVE PLENTY OF DRIPS HERE!!

CEEJAY...I AM HAPPY TO READ YOU'RE FEELING BETTER.
HOPE THE RECOVERY CONTINUES
LOTS OF PILLOWS MAKE FOR HAPPY SINUSES!

HAPPY....THE SNOWBLOWER DELIVERY MAN MIGHT HAVE TO UNBOX IT
AND USE IT TO GET TO YOUR FRONT DOOR!!!
I AM GLAD ONE IS COMING TO GIVE THE DH A HAND!!
I CAN'T SEND ANY SNOW TO YOUR SISTER. SORRY.
IT'S ALL MELTING AWAY AND AT A VERY RAPID RATE.
IT LOOKS SO FUNNY TO SEE IT FADING AWAY SO FAST
ALMOST LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.
STAY WARM AND SAFE INSIDE!!!
BTW....HOW IS THE MOMS DOING????

LAURA...GLAD YOU LIKE ALL THE GRAPHICS & THE PRAYER!
I CRACKED UP WHEN I READ IT MYSELF.
GLAD THE VISIT WAS SO NICE AND YOU GOT TO RELAX AFTERWARDS.
SEASON 3 ALREADY??? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS ON DVD SO SOON.
I AM CURIOUS NOW HOW MANY EPISODES ARE LEFT ON THE TV??
DID YOU KNOW THE FATHER ACTOR WAS GETTING DEATH THREATS AROUND CHRISTMAS?
SEEMS LIKE SOME NUTTERS WERE ANGRY AT HIM ABOUT THE WAY HE WAS TREATING HIS DAUGHTER.
I HOPE MY MAINT. MEN NEVER REVOLT
( I can be a lot meaner than that actor!! )

ANNIE....MAYBE I NEED YOU TO TO SORT & TOSS FOR ME TOO.
I SEEM TO MOVE IT AROUND A LOT BUT NOT ENOUGH GETS THROWN AWAY!!
CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS AND HOPE THE HEADACHES STAY AWAY FOR GOOD.
I KNOW THEY'RE HORRIBLE. STAY CALM & CARRY ON!!!
DID I EVER MENTION MEDITATION TO YOU??? JUST A THOUGHT.

MICHELLE...GOOD TO HEAR YOU GOT SOME BILLS PAID BY THE INS. CO.
THAT HELPS A BIT.
GLAD TO HEAR TOO THAT ONE BUG GOT FIXED. TOO BAD THERE'S ANOTHer one.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-12-2013 at 08:15 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #95  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All.....

Well now I have heard it all. There is a church in Indy that is doing a drive thru where you get your ashes on your forehead and a prayer said. WOW. Those catlickers (catholics) never cease to amaze me. And to think I was raised a catlicker.

Ainsley's Girl Scout Cookies are in. Between C and I we have 7 boxes of them. I hope to give most of them away. Man are they high in calories, carbs and sugars. YIKES.

Will be back to do personals. THey want me to work...huh, go figure.

hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I've heard of drive through visitation aat the funeral homes/ Guess the churches can do that too. Glad the bp med is helping the headaches.

Mel
I'm like you I sort and go through but keep more than I throw away. At least it's orangized. I like the kind of snow that you are having--here one day and gone the next.

Michelle
Glad the insurance company came through and paid most of those bills. I like that extra money in the pocket.

Shad
Sorry you are having such an ordeal with that pulled muscle. Have you tried those patches I see advertised on t.v.

Happy
You must of decided on getting the snow blower, if one is being delivered. It sure would make it easier for the snow removal.

Laura
Have a good day.

------
We have a winter weather advisory out for later today. I'm not expecting much in the way of accumulation.
Noticed some signs of Spring this morning which is nice,, robins, green grass and some flowers are shooting up from some bulbs.
I'm getting better each day. It's usually just the left sinus that gets infected but this time both sides have been infected. I'm still blowing green but not all the time. Like Shad I'm stopping the antibiotics due to the side affects it's giving me.
I'm still sleeping elevated as I start to cough when laying flat.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #97  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Quick fly by for me. I checked the insurance company's website...so far, they're paying for 1 of the three bills in question. I'm really hoping they'll come through and pay for the other two as well, especially the ginormous bill.

Shad - I'm sending you wishes for your back pain. I hope it eases up completely very soon. Good to hear that heat is helping. And yes, the anti-inflammatories can cause so much trouble. I have to take them with a big meal so they don't upset my stomach.

Ceejay - I hope the sinus infection clears up. Drink lots of liquids - especially water - to help things clear out.

Annie - You shouldn't have trouble giving away the cookies. I bought a couple boxes and gave them to my ex for taking care of Santa and helping me with my computers , etc.

Mel - Enjoy your blue skies today!

Big to Laura, Happy and Ellen!

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

Just wanted to add one more thing....I am now into my 5th or 6th straight day of sleep deprivation due to "The Hunger Games" trilogy. The 2nd book is more riveting than the first! It kept me up until after 10 pm last night. Thankfully, I am almost done with the 2nd book...and the 3rd book is ready for me to pick up at the library. I'm going to have to listen to the audio book on the way to/from work rather than in bed at night because even after I force myself to put the book down, I find myself caught up in the suspense and wondering what will happen next to the characters and I still can't fall asleep for at least an hour. I'm going to search the library catalog for some relaxation/sleep inducing CDs to listen to at night. I just better make sure not to accidentally mix up the CDs and play the sleepy ones in the car!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #99  

Morning all.

Michelle - Hope the insurance pays the rest of the hospital bills. I'll cross my fingers too: Good to give away some of the GS cookies - I really can't have goodies in the house. My friend and I each bought some bags of snacks over the weekend for gatherings in our room, but we didn't even bring them out - no one was in the mood to eat (or drink). I ended up bringing mine home and in two sittings I ate an entire bag of pretzel pieces! Aaaargh!

Ceejay - Hope you don't get any bad winter weather. Especially now that you're seeing signs of spring in your area. Sorry the antibiotics are causing problems, but the docs always say to take the entire rx - hope the infection is gone by now. Yeh, I've been sleeping with a couple pillows since I'm still getting some throat congestion and coughing. I took a half zyrtec this morning to see if maybe my regular allergy spray just isn't doing its job lately, but I don't really think this is allergy-related. Just grasping at straws since I know my doc won't give me anything.

Annie - Drive-by ashes - too funny. I suppose it could help fight the spread of germs... I ordered one box of GS cookies a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I chose thin mints because bf likes them a lot and I can take 'em or leave 'em, usually leave 'em. I hope I didn't order the peanut butter ones, cuz I do like those...

Mel - Happy Lincoln's birthday to you from the Land of Lincoln. It looks like Downton season 3 has 8 episodes plus a Christmas episode as well. I believe the series airs in the UK before we get it here, and therefore the dvd's are available at the same time. Re the weather in general, I think all these storms and the other crazy weather patterns are going to continue. Between what humankind may have done to harm the atmosphere and the natural life cycle of this planet, I think this is the progression. I dont believe the end of times will happen in a flash - it will be slow and ugly. Now didn't that just brighten up your day, LOL.

Shad - Sorry about the back pain you're suffering through, and that the pain med are giving you trouble. And with the hot Darwin temps, I'm sure applying heat is no fun at all, but if it brings relief, it's worth it. Feel better soon. So where were you hanging around if the buildings were evacuated? In your car? Huh.

Happy - I hope you don't suffer tree damage from the heavy snowfall. Our recent snow from last week was very wet and clung to the branches and made the trees very pretty, but it wasn't a large quantity in danger of breaking tree limbs. I wouldn't have minded your sis getting this last snow - it was quite the mess!! I'm getting antsy for spring early this year, so I wouldn't mind AT ALL if that was our last snow....Glad the snowblower is on its way to you and dh. A shame it didn't come for this latest snowfall, but there'll be more up there from where that came from, fer sure. Our friends who live in Reedsburg, WI (near the Dells) made us laugh with the tale of their snowblower's self-propel not working, and then realizing the wheels needed air, went to remove the wheels to get them filled. Well the son had started orgainizing the tools and never finished, so they were all in a big bucket and impossible to find the right wrench. They ended up taking the whole snowblower in to have the wheels filled. If that isn't a sign you need to go buy one of those portable air compressors, I don't know what is. They really come in handy for the bikes, wheelbarrow, dolly, etc.

+++

The admin took the day off because her daughter has a school holiday today and the boss is out sick today, so it'll be quiet around here.

I didn't do much of anything last night. I'm skipping the movie tonight because I'm just not in the mood, and the final selection turned out to be a zombie love story ("Warm Bodies"), so that worked out. I'm not into zombie movies. Bf and a friend will be out helping another friend on some bathroom work, so I might have part of the evening to myself. Looks like I can watch a couple more episodes of Downton.

Tomorrow's temps are supposed to be milder, so I might also take the opportunity tonight to wash my long down coat. I run it through a couple dryer cycles to get the down dry, but just in case, I also like to hang it for a day just to finish the job if need be. I have a couple other jackets I can wear instead.

That's all the excitement in my world. Back to work!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #100  

Michelle - Not listening to those books when you find them so riveting is going to be difficult, but you do need a good night's sleep! Good luck! Our hotel's tv had a station that was just sleep sounds - we left the ocean waves sound on overnight. When I woke up during the night, the brightness of the screen was surprising, but not enough to shut it off, LOL.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #101  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Good on you for avoiding the snacks/treats during the weekend. And you could do worse than indulging on pretzel pieces. As for "Warm Bodies", I saw the previews and it looks funny/cute, but I'll wait for it to come out on cable. How cool that the hotel's TV had sleep sounds. I did a quick search through the library catalog and found several relaxation CDs, as well as some nature sounds, so I put them on hold and hopefully they'll have at least one ready for me to pick up after work when I go to the library on the way to my counseling appointment. Enjoy your quiet day! As for me, I'm glad it's not too quiet here, or I might fall asleep.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #102  

Chelle - when you said you might fall asleep, for some reason it made me think of that Sister Mary Elephant comedy routine from the 70's and I just had to youtube it.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #103  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Not sure of what is going on with my laptop - hope it's not breaking. Upon boot I'm getting a message that it does not recognize my power adaptor although it is charging the battery. There are gaps too where I cannot type - like it freezes. I am also downstairs in the kitchen area, seems I had problems with the wireless here before. I probably should work on this with the manufacturer as I think I might only have a few months left on the warranty. Not looking forward to talking to India tho. Hate that they read from a script and don't actually listen to what I'm saying...

Michelle - glad you are into the books. Nothing like a good story to grab you - just as you say a problem when you want to keep reading long into the night. Especially when the author is talented enough to grab your attention at the end of a chapter so you feel you have to just keep reading!

Ceejay - I agree with Laura - probably want to finish that prescription for the antibiotics. Always take them with food (same with painkillers Shad). And eat some yogurt if it upsets your tummy. Hope you don't get any bad weather.

Mel - looking up at the clouds reminds me of here. Just so many cool things we stop and see - so much nicer to enjoy the simple things is life like a pretty sky. That's odd that your snow is melting so quickly. Guess you are having a warmish winter also. As long as the puddles don't melt into ice overnight.

Got to post - for some reason I can't scroll down and see the rest of the posts.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #104  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Let's see if we can continue this...

Laura - what a neat idea for the hotel to have a sleepy channel. Especially when you're travelling and in a strange bed. My sister just saw Warm Bodies last week. Said it was cute. More of a story than a creepy zombie movie. That's a funny story about your friends and their snowblower. I guess I never thought about the tires needing to be inflated but it sure does make sense I will file that for future reference! How nice that you might have a quiet evening to yourself. I liked those Good luck with washing the down coat. I have 2 thin down comforters that wash up really nicely. I think they've made the coats more washable too.

Just had 6 deer out in the yard looking for food. Unusual to see them during the day - they are generally afraid of the Elmer Fudd's although I'm not sure if hunting season is over or not. We had about 10 inches of snow fall over the last 2 days. Both DH and I worked all day yesterday cleaning things off. Sure could have used that snowblower that is sitting on a truck in Denver
DH went out to feed them and of course they ran off into the woods. They will be back if they're hungry.

Annie - how dare they interfere with your socializing by insisting you work Ha ha on the drive by ashes. Doesn't surprise me that Catlickers are looking for the quickest way to get the job done Speaking of Catholics, I was shocked to see that Lent starts tomorrow. That crept up fast - but I guess Easter is early this year. And it looks like there will be a new pope. I say good for the guy stepping down. Pity that he never wanted the job, had to follow someone who was very popular and inherited a mess to deal with. Will be interesting to see who they elect. I think the church needs some reform but don't see that happening in my lifetime. Doesn't really matter much to me anyway as I live on the fringe of the church as it is. That's funny about giving away the cookies. I think alot of people are doing the same - wanting to support the scouts but trying to avoid those addictive, calorie bomb cookies. I haven't had them in years myself. So did I read a prior post correctly and you went through C's room and tossed a bunch of his stuff too? Was this at your house or his?

Shad - sorry to hear the back is giving you fits. Hope you get some relief. I suppose as Laura says a hot pack in a tropical climate may not be the most comforting. You can try ice too - especially if you swirl it around in your drink Anyway, do hope you feel better. Any word on the job front? Will you be wrapping up this current contract?

Turkeys just came bounding into the yard. They walk single file and it's pretty funny to see them try and get over the big snow drift where DH plowed. Because they walk single file, by the time the 10th one or so passes, they've made enough of a dip in the snow for the others to walk through fine. So I guess the smartest one is the last guy through.

I'm hungry, think I'll go find some lunch before I tackle the laundry and some paper piles. Have a good Tuesday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #105  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I'm not familiar with Sister Mary Elephant. I'll have to google it when I get home.

Happy - So cool about the deer and the turkeys. I'm picturing the lead turkey plowing the way through the snow while the others reap the benefit of the path he/she creates. I get a lot of deer near where I live even though I live close to town. They hang out in the park behind my place, and they often cross the streets as I'm driving between my new place and my old place.