Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
I HAD A LOVELY QUIET NIGHT.
NOTHING IS NEW HERE AT ALL.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

OH.....I ALMOST FORGOT!
YESTERDAY I WEIGHED IN AT 186.5.
HOPE I DON'T GO BACK UP TO THE 190 AGAIN
MY SCALE SEEMS TO LOVE GOING BACK THERE OVER & OVER AGAIN!!

LAURA....
THERE'S SOME HOT COCOA OR THE BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOICE.
AFTER BEING DOWNSTAIRS, I NEEDED A DRINK AND COCOA JUST WASN'T GOING TO CUT IT
GOOD LUCK WITH THE CONTEST.
GLAD THEY FOUND A MORE RESPONSIBLE PERSON FOR THE DATA.
NOW GO AND SHOW THEM WHAT YOUR WORLDLY STRENGTHS CAN DOO!!!
I SUGGEST SHORTS & A T-SHIRT FOR THE FINAL WEIGH-IN!!!

MICHELLE....WOMEN OFTEN BLAME THEMSELVES.
NOT ONLY BECAUSE THEY RUN THE HOUSEHOLD SO TO SPEAK.
BUT SOMETIMES TO KEEP THE HOPE THERE THAT IF THEY CHANGE,
THEIR SPOUSE WILL SEE WHAT HE MISSED AND COME BACK.
SO YOU SEE IT'S ONLY NATURAL IN A WAY.
WE'VE PUT OTHERS BEFORE OUR OWN NEEDS WE FORGET WE EVEN HAVE NEEDS.
GIVE YOURSELF MORE TIME. IT'S ALL NEW YET.
I WAS ONE OF THOSE WOMEN AND I KNOW THOUSANDS MORE.
IT'S INBRED IN WOMEN TO KEEP THEIR HOME AND FAMILY TOGETHER!
THAT'S THE HARDEST PART OF DIVORCING. MEN JUST MOVE ON AND WALK AWAY.
MAYBE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SHOULD BE GIVING BIRTH!!
WOULD TEACH THEM A good life LESSON!!

SHADDIE....EITHER DAY IS GOOD.
GLAD YOU PICKED NEXT WEEKEND.
WE'RE CELEBRATING JEN'S BD HERE THIS WEEKEND.
SO HOW CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KIDS IF THEY'RE SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME
THIS LIVING DAY TO DAY ABOUT THE JOB MUST BE TOUGH...NO?
JUST LIKE THE GOVT TO LEAVE THINGS HANGING.
I LOVE SHOPPING FOR BABIES!! WISH WE HAD GONE TOGETHER

HAPPY....ARE THERE ANY TACOS LEFT?
I HAD CHILI WITH BEANS!!!!
THE COVERS WERE FLYING LAST NIGHT

CEEJAY...ALL THE FOOD SOUNDED GOOD TO ME.
I USED TO LOVE EATING OUT.
GLAD THE RESULTS WERE GOOD FOR THE BLOODWORK.
ALSO...GOOD LUCK WITH THE MRC!!!
HOPE THAT GOES WELL TOO

ANNIE...YES... YOU & YOUR JOB COME FIRST.
ESPECIALLY IN THESE TIMES WE'RE LIVING IN WHERE EVERYONE IS DISPENSABLE.
GOOD FOR YOU!!
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DAD AND THE BRO'S MOVING.
MAYBE IT'S A GOOD THING RIGHT NOW.
GIVES YOU MORE TIME WITH THE JOB MOVING AND ALSO TIME TO RELAX.
HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing new in my corner of the world, except weird noises coming from the apt next door.

Annie
I don't blame you for making yourself priority first. I'm doing the same thing this year.

Mel
Good for you. I'd love to see 186 again on the scale.

------
Weighed myself this morning at 197. I was a bit shocked but I'll take it. I'm liking these Nutrisystem protein drinks. I need the calcium that it has.
I need to make out a day sheet to follow for the MRC.
I need to wash my bedding and go to Walmart to get rx's refilled.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Busy morning...was on the road by 8 this morning...dropped a rod iron wine rack with glass top and a wood entertainment center with glass doors off at Goodwill. Couldn't find anyone that wanted either one for free...that is pretty bad. Well at least we have right offs for taxes in 2014. Then headed to Aldi's for grocery and to Marsh to get things Aldies does not carry. Stopped by Cs house as Samantha was finishing up cleaning, gave her to packages of hamburger and one of boneless, skinless breasts that was on sale to take home. Home again, home again, jiggity jig. Brought groceries in and put them away. Fixed a goat cheese, tomato, spinach frozen pizza(3.99) from Aldis for lunch....getting ready to start the cleaning...maybe...might just watch Hallmark channel.

Computer acting stupid, posting then continue.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #19  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...go with the weigh in and move on to small numbers...yeah for you!!

MELLIE...great weigh in...seems like, I like you, keep going with a few numbers up and a few numbers down...always at the same place. Blah...wake up skinny...yeah!!

SHADDIE...the great neice is just beautiful...it is so much easier to buy cute lil girl clothes than boy clothes. Boys are boring. lol

Not much else to report...Sassy is hating the 1 1/2" snowfall we had and hurries out and hurries. Too cute...What normally takes me a few minutes for her to do her thing takes about 20 seconds...lol

Check back later.....
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #20  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. DH was talking to me about finances this morning so that took away posting time too. And we have to get ready to run into town soon so I don't have much more than time for a quick hello.

I explained to the foxes last night that the reason they were not getting any left over hamburger balls was because my friends the Worldlie Chicks wanted tacos too. They were not impressed but the meat was in my refrigerator so ... so sad too bad I gave them some chicken bones.

Thank you for the comments on my hair. I had a friend call me from TN yesterday. She said she can't believe how good I look - said there is no sign of the stressed out, worried, tense person I was when I left. You think? I said living up here is good for the soul

Shad - nice shopping trip. Hope there is more income just around the corner. Time to be done with this contract.

Mel - guess life is a gas for both of us, eh?

Ceejay - I hope those noises next door are not monsters waiting to break in Glad you are liking the Nutrisystem.

Laura - good for you for giving WW a try. I hope you have a good leader. It makes all the difference I think. We can compare notes as I am giving WW a try again.

Sounds like Santa Annie has been driving around town dropping off nice presents to people. It's hard to believe people don't want furniture in good condition - guess they are not as needy as we once were decorating in what I called "Early American Affordable" I'm sorry to hear you had to delay things with Dad, perhaps bro can just rent his house for a while. At least to pay taxes and upkeep. Or if he was the one who would take Dad, perhaps Dad can stay there too and he can keep an eye on him and then come stay with you for an extended visit in the spring?

Michelle - at least you have made some progress on the books - good for you. Of all the moving boxes we had, the book boxes were the smallest. Probably because they weighed so darn much! Be careful with that back of yours...

I have so much more to say but I have an impatient toe tapping hubby waiting on me and the "bus" is about to pull out of the station so I'd better secure my ride.

Have a good Saturday chicks. At least I THINK it's Saturday
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #21  

Hello all.

Happy - The highlights look good - especially with your glasses! Yummmm - tacos!! Hope your trip to town was pleasant. Right now I'm part of a weight loss contest at work, but I'm also considering the WW at work thing. It includes the online access and I was wondering if it's the same access as you get with the WW online membership? Does it include some sort of online point-tracking tool?

Michelle - Safe travels to/from Madison. Let me know if you go to any good restaurants out there - I wouldn't mind going someplace interesting next weekend.

Annie - You've been busy today. So it sounds like your brother will fulfill some of his 6 months care for your dad when he moves into the house. And another positive is that while he's there he can do some of the work on the house to get it ready to sell. And you get more time to get your place ready for your dad.

Ceejay - Sounds like a nice day with friends yesterday. Bf and I haven't eaten out in a while, and I do miss it. I'm sure we'll have a meal or two out this weekend. Did I miss something? What's MRC?

Mellie - Yay for the scale going down. LOL, yeh, I was joking with the admin about progressively less clothing worn during the next three weigh-ins...Happy birthday to Jen!!!

Shad - Good luck with the other job opportunities. So many tv channels and so few shows I would bother to watch even for a minute or two. Who knows, I might be missing something good...but I doubt it.

Hellos to the lurkers!!
===
Oy, what a day. Doggy had a vet appt for his injection first thing. Bf had listed two file cabinets for sale on craigslist and we sold those this morning. Everything is an argument - even the suggestion that he do a quick vacuum of the drawers before the buyer picked them up.

Then we went through a bunch of our user manuals/warranties. What a PITA that was - worse than I thought because bf and I did it together, LOL. I guess it was a good thing - I hang onto too much and he points out how useless it is to keep some of it. But now we've got it in some big mailing envelopes that I saved from other purposes, but just temporarily. I imagine we will be stopping at the office supply store sometime soon to buy some of those brown accordian file wallets for permanent storage in our file drawers.

Another drawer of a chest we're no longer using in the office contained a whole bunch of my stationery, notes cards, greeting cards, cute stickers and pens. Somehow I have about six Cross pens. None are made of precious metals like gold or silver, so I doubt they are worth anything. And the newer pens are so much more comfy to write with - bigger circumference and cushy/rubber. And how much writing do I even do anymore??? I will likely end up donating at least some of these items.

I've had enough of the sorting today. Bf finally went off to buy gas for the car and for the snowblower. We got about 3 inches overnight/today and so he will use the snowblower for the first time this season.

I will finish this post and take doggy for his walk. Still haven't had any lunch, so I imagine we will both be good and cranky by the time we finally eat dinner.

On the humorous side, we made a homemade pizza last night with the dough and sauce we froze last month, no in December. It was a fiasco because I didn't leave a raised lip around the edge of the dough, and then I spread sauce to the edge of the dough, and then it seeped over the edge onto the wooden pizza peel and got it all wet, and so it woudn't slide off the peel onto the preheated stone. So we covered the pizza with the bottom side of a cookie sheet, then flipped it over onto that, then we placed the stone over it and flipped it again...voila, we finally got the pizza on the stone and popped it in the oven. After all that maneuvering, it turned out pretty good.

Okay, enough rambling. Posting this and walking the dog next.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-02-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #22  

Laura
MRC=metabolic research center is a diet center I used to attend when I first started coming to 3fc. I'm trying it once again.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Been another hot day. I took myself off to the Darwin WW11 Museum which has some interesting stuff and interviews with some of the people who lived through some very rough times. There were apparently only about 3000 people in Darwin back then. After the first bombing raids, they evacuted most of the women and children however 252 died in those first raids and the town was reduced to rubble. Of the 252 dead, many were women who had stayed behind to nurse the sick and injured, telephonists mannning the phone exchanges etc. The graveyards list the names - so many of them from the same families. Very sad.

Anyway, since I got in, we've had a thunder storm. Huge boomers and lightning but little in the way of rain.

And then when I was getting interested in a tv program, a recruiter rang me to 'have a chat'. We were on the phone for near enough an hour just chatting about times past and jobs we have worked together and people we knew. Nice to have one ring up just to ensure I have gone cuckoo.

Mel - will see what gives later in the week. Wish Jen a happy birthday from me. I'd forgotten it. I should have sent her a rude card (about her age) or something.

Annie - pizza sounds good. See you are still keeping busy as ever

Ceejay - I seem to remember you talking about MRC previously. Hope it all goes well

Laura - yum pizza sounded good. Seems you have had a busy weekend.

Happy - Hope you managed to catch the bus to town. Nothing like a little toe tapping to make you get on with things.
Poor little foxes. They will be taking up a petition soon to get their meatballs back. Chicks don't need it, we do.

Okay, the Masterchef professionals is on in a moment. There is also a program on another channel I would have liked to watch as well. Always happens. Better go get on with it before I have to get things ready for work tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #24  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
HOUSTON!! WE HAVE LIFTOFF & SNOW!!
I WAS WONDERING IF WE WOULD EVER SEE SOME REAL SNOW.
I DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YESTERDAY.
UNLESS YOU CONSIDER DELIVERING NOTES TO TENANTS WORK.
THAT WAS ABOUT ALL I COULD DO.
I GET THESE "FRAGILE" DAYS WHERE ALL MUSCLES ARE PAINFUL.
KIND OF LIKE IF ONE OF YOU HAD AN ACHY-FEVER-TYPE THING.
GOD I HATE THEM CAUSE YOU FEEL SO WEAK FROM HEAD YTO TOE.
THE OLDER I GET THE CREEPIER THEY FEEL.
SO I PLAYED DVD'S AND WATCHED "ARE YOU BEING SERVED, AGAIN?".
IT WAS A LOVELY QUIET DAY AND NIGHT

HAPPY WEEKEND TO YOU ALL.

CEEJAY....SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ORGANIZED AND READY FOR THE MRC.
I WENT TO YOUR BLOG AND READ A LITTLE BIT YESTERDAY.
CONGRATS ON THE LOSS SO FAR. YAY YOU!!!
WISHING YOU LOTS OF STRENGTH FOR THE "NEW YOU" WEEK!

ANNIE...WELL YOU WERE CERTAINLY OUT & ABOUT EARLY.
AND GOT ENOUGH DONE YESTERDAY FOR THE BOTH OF US!!
PIZZA!!! I HAD PIZZA YESTERDAY TOO! 1 PIECE:F

HAPPY....WHERE IS THIS PICTURE OF YOUR HAIR?????
I WOULD TELL YOU HOW NICE YOU LOOK TOO IF I COULD FIND ITrofl:
TELL DH I NEED HIM TO DO MY FINANCES & MY TAXES!!
GLAD THE FOXES ARE HAPPU WITH THE CHICKEN BONES.
HOW ARE THE TURKEYS AND DO YOU SEE THE BUNNIES?
BUT I GUESS THEY'RE NOT BUNNIES ANYMORE.

LAURA....THE PIZZA STORY iS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEKEND
I COULD JUST SEE IT TOO!! HA!
YOU & THE BF CRACK ME UP LIKE JEN & RICHIE DO.
GOTTA LOVE CHORES WHEN THE MEN ARE INVOLVED.
EVERYTHING GOES INTO THE GARBAGE.

SHAD....I ALREADY SAID HB TO JEN FOR YOU. I'M ON THE BALL!!
SHE SAID HEY BACK TO YOU TOO.
CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE IS 45....SCARY!!
I'LL BE 66....EVEN MORE FRASSING SCARY
I WOULD HAVE LOVED YOUR MUSEUM. ALWAYS WANTED TO SE SOME OF THEM.
JUST LOOKING AT THEM ON TV IS SAD. SO MUCH LOSS OF LIFE.
WE FORGET HOW WE WON OUR FREEDOM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #25  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

First a story that had me laughing all day yesterday. I was down in the kitchen and DH calls from the loft area upstairs (our "office" where we have our computers) - "did the eye doctor give you a card for me with my prescription on it?" I said yes, why. He said he could not see with his glasses all of a sudden and would probably need to get some new ones. (I got new ones recently but he took a pass on it). I found the card and put it on the counter for him. Got my coffee, came upstairs. Noticed that the window was open in the bedroom opposite of me. It was 1 degree outside so that wasn't the best idea. DH had slept up here the night before as his back and foot were troubling him and it's not recommended to use a heating pad on the memory foam mattress so he came up here. Heat rises and this is the warmest place in the house so he opened the window when he went to sleep and of course forgot about it. I went into the room to shut the window and immediately noticed something odd at the base of the dresser/bureau. Looked like a puddle of water and I reached down and it was one of the lens to his glasses. I thought to myself - maybe this is why he can't see Went over to him with the lens in my hand and looked at him, he had lens in both sides of the frame. Asked if he was still having trouble seeing and he said he picked up an old pair of glasses which was better but not as good as the originals. He then proceeded to put on his regular glasses not noticing at all that only one had a lens in it. He looked at them as he put them on and then looked at me. I said to him "perhaps this is why you are having problems" and proceeded to poke my finger through the empty frame. He whipped his glasses off as if he could not figure out how I did that. Saw the missing lens and said "I'll be darned, how did THAT happen - guess that would give me problems seeing". He shot up out of the chair, hit my arm and since I didn't have a tight grip (on purpose) of the lens, it went flying across the room. We heard a clatter and could not find the darn thing. It was like looking for a contact lens on the floor. I was so afraid to step on it as I could imagine the horrid sound of a crunch. He finally found it by some electrical cords nearby. We both had a good laugh - he said he checked the frames not once but TWICE trying to see if they were dirty and did not notice the missing lens. I rolled my eyes and laughed even harder because it was just so absurd. He popped the lens back in and all was right in his clear little world. At least we can laugh. I spent all day Thursday thinking it was Friday wondering why the television schedule had changed and why our weekly newspaper was not in the mailbox. Wasn't until Friday morning that I realized THAT was Friday. Without a schedule now I get easily messed up.

DH and I did a bit of running around yesterday. We did some errands and took a drive or two trying to find the start of some ATV trails. Even though it is very cold out, it's sunny and DH said it's perfect weather for him. I think it's freezing myself! He is eager to go out riding the trails but he's going to have to wait until May for that - a long time off. Neither of us are into snowmobiling. Today is the big Superbowl football championship game. Not that we are partying but I guess DH has a taste for chicken wings and is looking up recipes. I should probably prepare a grocery list if we are running out - he will not doubt complain "but I only wanted ONE thing - why are you shopping"?????

Mel - your graphic captures the perfect view of how it looks snowing at my house. A gentle snowfall that covers everything when you're not looking. Sorry the muscles are aching you. Sometimes the weather will do that, sometimes you just wake up feeling that way. Pamper yourself. A nice hot shower might make you feel a little better too. I asked Sven and Igor to give you a gentle massage but they looked at me like I grew a 3rd head and said they were taking Superbowl Sunday off to enjoy the game and festivities. Since you are not on Facebook (which is where I posted photos) I will email them to you. DH got some lovely pictures of the birdies on the feeder which I will include too. As for your question, I have not seen the bunnies myself but the other day at dusk I saw what I thought was a bunny in the yard. Apparently it was the metal cap on one of the vent holes from the septic field out in the yard but it sure looked like a bunny to me - dark spot in the snow in the shadows I TOLD DH I can't see that well - hahahahahahaha. Boy we are a pair! Anyway DH was looking at tracks in the snow by our back door and also tracks on the deck. He said that there is a critter - probably a bunny - that went to both the front and back doors and appears from the paw prints in the snow to have stood on it's back legs and tried to "look" into the doors. Back when we had L.B. (little wild bunny) he would come up the stairs looking for apple bits so he's wondering if LB is still alive, living nearby and stopped for a visit for some fresh fruit on a cold winter's night. When the turkeys come in the morning and there is no more corn or seed outside the whole flock stands in the yard and looks at the house until DH comes out and feeds them. He thinks it's cute. I think it's a bit creepy cuz you never know what's going on in those bird brains Anyway happy birthday to Jen Is Ritchie cooking up something special? Yep, sure is hard to believe we got old very quickly. Good thing we are still so fabulous that everyone will be shocked to know our real age Good on yah getting the scale to move back down again - it's hard keeping away from our body's set point. Just keep fighting go away you old pounds!!!!

Shad - interesting story about the museum. When we were learning about WWII they sort of glossed over the real misery of war. It was not until I was older and able to watch documentaries or visit exhibits that I realized the suffering and tragedy of things. It's amazing what people went through and had the resiliance of overcome so much hardship. Is that Masterchefs the cooking show with Gordon Ramsey and the home cooks you are watching? I really like that show. Those are NOT home cooks let me tell you - they have some pretty solid techniques and are easily able to come up with recipes off the top of their heads which to me is more chef and cook. But I do like the show. Good that other recruiters are keeping in touch with you. Doesn't seem like you go long stretches between contracts so having steady work is a very good thing.

Ceejay - are you doing prepackaged meals with this plan or is it just a food guideline you follow with your own store bought food? I have not read your blog but congrats on the weight loss so far!

Laura - I really had to laugh at your stories yesterday. Sounds like the same scene I would have trying to do things with DH. I save too much, he tosses too much. I too have a drawer of stationery and note cards and I look at it and think outside of DH's eldery aunt, I really never use this anymore so why am I keeping it? Because I like the scenes on the cards, that's why We are off to buy some accordion folders today too. I will let you know if Walmart has good prices. Sounds like you get both a good selection and quick turn around selling your own stuff via Craigslist. It's nice that you can get some money back and get rid of the things you no longer need.

Michelle - hope you had a good time with your friends in Madison. Might not be a bad idea to hook up with a friend or two for Girls Night Out on the 15th - especially since it's a Friday night. You have a right to feel sad but just make a big sigh and plan on better things ahead

Annie - so glad angels were watching over DS on the road. Scary to think what can happen as one just putters around doing the regular life stuff. Sounds like you are going to have a totally humongous mess in the new office space - particularly when everyone's job involves alot of talking and selling. Doesn't anyone take needs into consideration???? Maybe they will delay it further... No sense in getting stressed about it. Enjoy the day off with C. I don't blame you either about being particular with how you utilize your time off. I was the same way - time off is very very precious and you only get a limited amount, and not too much of it at that to go around. So be choosy and spend it wisely

Hello to the other chicks

Think I'm going to go find me some brunch to eat. Yesterday we took off at 11, I had not eaten since supper last night and by the time we got back home it was 4:30 and I was about to chew my arm off. No reason not to eat, I have yogurt, apples, peanut butter - all sorts of mini things - I just don't think about eating until later. Yet I chastise my Mom for doing the same things. On a good note, DH did our taxes and because of the way we do things now, we don't pay taxes up front - except for my salary at the popcorn place. We pay our tax liability when we file each year. Good news is that DH overestimated the taxes - we don't owe as much as we thought and as he figured out the cash flow, we are in decent shape (furiously knocking on wood here). We are not rich but we have "enough". Not living in the city anymore, having the temptation of shopping, not working and being able to justify clothes shopping and the lot - we just don't need that much anymore so we are able to live conservatively. Actually outside of the horrid expense of health insurance, our biggest expense is food - for both us and our furry and feathered dependents. But we agree it's money well spent and come summer, they can feast on the bounty of grasses, bugs and thank you turkey flock - TICKS. We only feed in the cold months when food is more scarce. Anyway I am truly grateful for the blessings I have in my life. I also started going through a box of papers and came across some pictures and greeting cards that made me smile, a ton of recipes I need to cull through and lots of papers that I didn't need to save in the first place. So that's probably how I will spend my Sunday. Have a good one all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #26  

Mel
Do you have fibromyalgia, sounds like it!!!!!?? and 66 is not old. So far I'm doing well on the MRC program. I should be using the 1-4 days diet plan but started with day 5. This is as far as I got with the diet plans. The councelor wanted me to stay there because this is where I lost the most weight.

Happy
Didn't realize you had foxes too. They like chickens.

-----
Back to work today. Hasn't been that bad. Around 9 a.m. I had a couple of phone calls stating the power went out in that area. Thankfully it was just one street and a house on the street behind them.
I have the reports ready to hand in, in the morning.
My schedule to eat my food is going well. Starting out at 7.30 a.m. breakfast then 9.30 a.m. snack- had a bit of the munchies at 8.30 but found my will power and waited till 9.30. 11.30 I ate lunch. I'm trying to eat every 2 hours. MRC wants you to have a protein drink at snack times. It does seem to ward off my snacking. This afternoon may be a different situation. This is where my snacking really gets tough.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #27  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

COULDN'T SLEEP. WOKE UP AT 4:39 AND DOZED ON & OFF.
mIGHT AS WELL GET OUT OF BED.
PLUMBING IS ON MY MIND.. THE MAN IS DUE SOON.
WENT TO GET MY MAIL YESTERDAY TO FIND A LAKE BY THE GARBAGE ROOM.
DID ANYONE KNOW? OF COURSE THEY DID.
LEFT THE LEAK AFTER THEY CLOSED DOWN THE PARTY SATURDAY.
PUT A BUCKET UNDER THE DRIP.
ONE PROBLEM....NOW THERE ARE 3 DRIPS.
WTF............NO BUCKETS UNDER THEM
CALLED THE MAN I KNEW WOULD BE THE BEST HELP. DON'T CARE IF IT WAS HIS WEEKEND OR NOT.
HE LIKES THE MONEY & WORKS WITHOUT GRUMBLING.
ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL. TODAY IT'S THEIR PROBLEM!

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. THE KIDS WENT OUT FOR DINNER WITH A GIFT CARD.
WE WILL EAT TOGETHER AGAIN TONITE AND HAVE A SMALL CAKE.
ALL IS QUIET ON THIS COLD EASTERN FRONT
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

HAPPY.....FIRST....I GOUNFD A PICTURE OF YOUR HOUSE...LOL
HERE IS THE ADDIE CAUSE I CAN'T GET IT HERE. WAY TOO BIG.

OH CHIT...I DID IT!!! ROFLMAO BUT IT'S BETTER WHEN YOU SEE IT BIG!!! CLICK ON IT.
I LOVED THE LENS STORY. I WAS CRACKING UP MYSELF.
THAT WAS TOO FRASSING FUNNY. I PROBABLY JUST WOKE MY NEIGHBOR UP!!
I LOVED THE GRAPHIC OF THE SNOW TOO.
WHEN I WAS IN THE COUNTRY, SNOW WOULD GLITTER LIKE THAT.
SO WHEN YOU SPOKE ABOUT SNOWGLOBE, I THOUGHT OF YOU.
I'LL SAY A HB HELLO TO JEN FOR YOU AND WAIT FOR THE PICTURES.
I LAUGHED ABOUT THE CRITTER PEEKING IN THE WINDOWS AND THE TURKEYS WAITING TO BE FED.
I HOPE THERE ARE NO ATTACK TURKEYS IN THAT BUNCH LIKE THE ONE I SAW ON TV.
THEY ARE SCARY TO ME NOW!! REVENGE FOR ALL THOSE THANKSGIVINGS!!!
STAY WARM MY NORTHERN FRIEND. HOPE SVEN & IGOR HAD A GOOD TIME TOO!!!

CEEJAY....HOPING THE DAY WENT WELL WITH THE MRC.
HOW WAS THE SNACKING?
MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS AROUND 4-7PM. SOMETIMES IT'S VERY HARD TO STOP!!!
GLAD THE POWER OUTAGES WERE SMALL. THIS WINTER IS SO STRANGE.
THANKS FOR ASKING BUT NO I DON'T HAVE FIBRO.
IT'S PART OF THE MD AS THE MUSCLES WEAKEN WITH AGE.
BUT I FEEL GREAT THIS MORNING

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-04-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Short post as I am on my way to bed. Torn between staying up and watching Downton Abbey or bed and trying to catch it later on the plane next Friday. Bah humbug

Been a fairly boring day, work to do, but not a lot. More of the same tomorrow no doubt. Have a couple of things to finish off.

Jenny's birthday is getting to be like my nephews birthday month. They seem to celebrate for the entire month of July for him and May for her.

Better get off to bed. It's won the battle.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I made it into work after a hellish commute. Just a few inches of snow, but there were cars in the ditch and bad traffic jams. So I took the less traveled roads to get downtown. Not as much traffic, but the roads weren't as cleared off, and I had difficulty stopping at a couple intersections. I was very glad to finally pull into the parking lot at work. The roads should be fine for the drive home as the snow is supposed to stop in the next hour or two. Oh, and I forgot to mention...we're getting more snow tomorrow.

I had a wonderful time on Saturday with my friends in Madison!! It was a long day even though I left Madison by 5:30. I was quite tired by the time I got home (roughly 8 pm). Yesterday, I went over to my ex's to do laundry...and I wasn't feel well - still very exhausted - so I left right after my laundry was done. I took a 2 hour afternoon nap, and woke up to watch the Super Bowl. I started getting a sore throat and my glands in my throat were swollen and sore. Since I don't want to pay the $550/month for COBRA, I don't have insurance for the month of February...so I'm not going to let myself get sick. So to try and fend off a cold, I took lots of vitamins, echinacea and zinc and went to sleep around 7:30. I DVRed the game so I can go back and watch the commercials!! Since I was able to get all my prescriptions refilled, I'm good with those until March when my new insurance kicks in...I just have to stay healthy.

No personals for right now. Hopefully later.

Much love,

Last edited by diyana; 02-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

Good Monday Morning...

So glad to get to work to rest up a bit. We move a twin bed/wframe, full size w/frame, queen w/frame in the big bed move. Also took a full size to the dump. Blah. Also hit the Goodwill again as we cleared out Curtis's daughter's crap out of the house. We used Cs big work truck with the tommy lift on it. The Goodwill people kept saying is that it? is that it? Um no. haha.

Got the bed set up in dad's room, the bed set up in the guest room, now just have to go through more junk to get rid of as there is not enough room for all the chit.

Made a BBQ meatloaf for dinner on Saturday evening, garlic mashed taters and cheesy cauliflower. It was all quite good, even had enough meatloaf leftover for last night's meatloaf sandwiches for dinner.

HAPPY...I just about spit my coffee out reading DH's delimma with glasses. Sounds about like the norm around my house. Glad the taxes estimation came out in your favor...yes we do sometimes take our blessings for granted, even not having to pay taxes is a major blessing.

SHADDIE...guess I am going to have to rent Downtown Abbey and check it out, you all have my interest up. Have a great day at work.

CELLE...glad you had a good time in Madison. It does the heart good to get with friends and enjoy ourselves. I watch the superbowl in it's entirity. Glad who won, won't spoil it for you since you dvrd it.

LAURA...seems like when I go through stuff by myself, I can get rid of a lot more than when C works with me. He has to study everything then can't decide if we should toss it. lol.

MELLIE...I had a hard time sleeping last night also. It was probably midnight by the time I finally conked out. Not unusual for me tho. Hope your joints and aches get to feeling better. I feel that way when I do too much lifting and moving of stuff. blah.

ELLEN...where are you?

CEEG...My snacking is when I get bored at work and don't want to do the work that I need to do. I go searching for food. Dumb, I know. I have been doing better of late, to much going on at work and home.

Speaking of work, I better get back at it.

Hugs.