Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #151  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

The hearing went well. Thank you all for your tremendous love and support.

My ex, his mom and i went out to dinner. He and I toasted to the good times, and sincerely wished each other all the best as we embark on the next chapters of our lives. It was a good way to get closure, so to speak.

I'm hoping to have a restful, relaxing night's sleep.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing new here. Went to lunch with my friend and didn't over eat. Went to H and R block to get my income taxes done. Woot, woot, I'm getting a refund.

Michelle
Sounds like this week end will be fun. It's always nice to have some time for yourself.

Happy
Did the snow blower finally arrive? No the interruption of meds didn't cause this. I think I've had bronchitis. My cough was really deep. The second dose of med is needed to clear up the deep seeded sinus infection.

Annie
Where are you?

Laura
It's okay to over lap things. I do it all the time. As far as the chemical irritation goes, I'll have to put up with it until I decided to retire. Arkansas law on Fluoride is that cities under 5,000 in population isn't required to have it. However, those over 5,000 do, and we are just above that at 7700 people.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #153  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING & HAPPY SATURDAY
I WANT TO THIINK BEACHY THOUGHTS TODAY.

THANKS FOR THE CONGRATS. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE LOSS.
WHEN I HIT 193 I GOT NERVOUS.
I COULD SEE MYSELF GOING BACK TO 200.
JEN & RICHIE BOUGHT ME NUTRISYSTEM IN JANUARY.
BUT I DIDN'T BEGIN TILL THE 1/11.
I WANTED TO TALK TO THE DR FIRST.
HE SAID OK BUT WATCH THE FACE.
SO FAR SO GOOD. FEELING BETTER IN AFEW AREAS OF MY LIFE.
THINGS SEEM GOOD. THE FACE HAS ALMOST CLEARED UP ENTIRELY
DURING THE HOLS, MY NOSE AREA BROKE OUT AND WOULDN'T HEAL.
SO IT LOOKS FOR NOW THE ROSACEA IS GOING BACK INTO REMISSION.
THE DR IS THRILLED I LOST THE 8 LBS SINCE DECEMBER.
MY BREATHING HAS IPROVED AT NIGHT ALSO.
SO THAT'S BEEN MY SECRET THESE LAST 6 WEEKS.
I WILL PROBABLY ONTINUE UNTIL I HIT A PLATEAU.
I LOVE THE HEAT AND EAT PART.
NO WORK, NO COOKING, NO BIG SHOPPING. WORKS FOR ME.

I THINK THE NEXT 3 DAYS WILL BE GOOD ONES.
WE'RE OFF TO A QUIET START AND THAT'S USUALLY A GOOD SIGN.
THERE ARE SO MANY "ISSUES" IN THE OFFICE IT'S LIKE WORKING IN A MINE FIELD.
I AM LIKE "GET OVER IT ALREADY & LET'S MOVE ON".
THINKING NEXT WEEK I WILL MAKE MYSELF SCARCE.
TODAY WILL JUST BE A RESTFUL DAY.
HOPE YOURS IS TOO

MICHELLE....GLAD TO THERE THERE WAS SOME KIND OF CLOSURE.
IT MUST BE A RELIEF TO HAVE THAT PART OF IT OVERWITH.
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.
FIND A PEACEFUL PATH. DON'T ADD ANY DRMA RIGHT NOW

CEEJAY.....NOTE TO YOU...GO TO THE DR WHEN SICK
HOPING YOU'LL FEEL BETTER OVER THE WEEKEND.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF
DINNER AND HOME BY DARK?? YOU DIRTY STAY OUT YOU!

LAURA...YOUR TODO LIST IS SIMILAR TO ALL OF OURS I BET.
I MISSED COAL'S BD DINNER?? I LOVE STEAK!!!
HOPE HE HAD A GOOD TIME
GOOD TO HEAR ABOUT WW BEING AT THE JOB.
DO PEOPLE GET FRIENDLIER WHEN STUFF LIKE THAT GOES ON??
JUST WONDERING.

HAPPY.....I ABOUT FELL OUT OF THE CHAIR WITH YOUR SPORTS ILLUS.
ROFLMYAZZOFF TOO FRASSING FUNNY!
I PROBABLY WOKE UP MY NEIGHBOR WHO SLEEP IN ON THE WEEKENDS!!!
THE GOOD THING IS SHE'LL NEVER DROWN WITH THOSE BUILT IN WATER WINGS
MEN DON'T REALLY CARE WHERE THE BATHING SUIT IS. DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT???
if i keep losing weight...there won't be any bazoomies to run over in the morning.
that might be a good thing!! lolololololol OOPS...LOT MY CAPS.
YES I LOVE THE FLOWERS STILL AND SHOWED JEN LAST NIGHT.
SHE LIKES GRAPHICS TOO.
HOPE THE BLOWER CAN BE DELIVERED OK.
ALSO HOPE DH CALMS DOWN. PROBABLY NERVES.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-16-2013 at 08:55 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #154  

Mel
Good for you in doing the Nutrisystem program. I like the heat and part of any menu plan. But I'm getting back into the swing of cooking. I did find that Kroger has some of the Nutrisystem shakes that are good. I'm going to look to see if they have any of the frozen entree's today. To bad we don't have a Kroger here. I'll have to drive 20 miles one way to get to one.

As soon as the washer is through I'm heading out the door to finish up my shopping. The do some cooking for next week.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #155  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Happy Saturday. Snowblower arrived. Now all we need is snow. Right now we have sun and weather in the single digits and teens during the day. COLD at night. This is Berkie week - people will be starting to pour into town for the big ski race and mid week they will be closing off main street to divert traffic so I need to get my grocery list together and do what I need to before Wednesday.

DH decided he doesn't want to go to Duluth to see the Sportman's show after all. Says he's interested in boats and not sure how many they will have. That's ok by me, my foot is not feeling up to alot of walking. Yesterday we went to another town and the therapist was very helpful and gave him some stuff for his CPAP machine. We then went to a Mexican restaurant I'd been wanting to try. Excellent food - even if I could only eat fish. We will definitely be going back there again. Not sure what we will do today. He was making snarky comments about me staying up late and sleeping in but hey I've said it until I'm blue in the face that if you want to go somewhere early THEN TELL ME and I will go to bed early and be ready early. But that don't happen. Anyway...

Mel - so happy that the Nutrisystem is working well for you and is not giving you any problems. I can see how you'd be nervous to see the scale creeping up. Not like you can take up marathon running or something. I'm sure the few extra pounds off and fluids would make breathing easier and that's always a good thing. I hope this continues to work out well for you. Can't beat the ease of heat and eat. Do you just supplement with some fresh fruits and veggies?

Ceejay - yay on getting a tax refund. Have fun with it. I would hate being around all those chemicals - like a beautician, I guess it catches up with you after a while. Hope your throat is feeling better.

Michelle - glad you had a peaceful end yesterday. What a good idea to toast to the good times. I think the worst thing of splitting up is that you tend to forget that there were some good times. Now get busy with the rest of your life.

Laura - how did Coal like his birthday dinner? I imagine he's not very fussy. You didn't make him wear a birthday did you? I guess in the spirit of sisterhood, I will clean my office area to as you have inspired me.

Geez - someone send the dogs out looking for Shad and Annie... Hope everything is ok.

Well I'm going to go look for something to eat and get busy here. Have a good weekend all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #156  

Pooh I've been to the Kroger store in Blytheville but no such luck in finding those Nutrisystem shakes.

Happy
Glad the snow blower finally got there. I'm thinking the same thing about sending the troops out to look for Shad and Annie. Both are probably busy.
Throat is better today but still congested. Stay warm. This Arkansas gal doesn't like single digit weather.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #157  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies....I am here! Just lots going on at work with the move and finding things in crates to do the job at hand.

My Saturday.

Arrive at Sissy's house at 9:00 am. Played with my lil man and Ainsley till Sam was ready to go...10:00 am.

We headed off to the bank....then to Goodwill to drop junk...then to Aldi's to get groceries....then to Menards to get a shower rod for Dad's bathroom....then to Texas Roadhouse for Lunch, um yum..grilled chicken ceaser salad. Brought the rest home for later....then to Jared's Jewelry to get my 6 month cleaning of all my jewelry that C bought for me...then to Cosmo Prof to get shampoo etc at Sissy's discount...then to C's house to load more trash for pick up and put to the curb and to load the decorative stone for our yard here...then to Madame Love's to get pedicures. Needless to day I spent about 500 bucks today. Oh and while at Jareds...got two rings size that were my momma's. One for Sissy and one for me. Got home at 4pm, let miss sass out, then unloaded the car. Put the washer into the dryer. Here I sit typing...posting before I lose...brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...welcome to the first day of the rest of your NEW life. Congrats on making it to the very end of the last chapter and on to the next....glad you and xdh could come to toasting on your future. When my divorce was final, I still wanted a car to run over my ex....actually I still want on to run over him, but not as badly as when first divorced. Only for different reasons. Not because he still owes me 12K, but because how he treats my children...My children, not his, he was only a sperm donor. The MF. ok moving on.

HAPPY...murphy's law....get a snowblower, no snow. Heck I may buy one just so we don't get any snow...lol

CEEG....I will look around her for your nutrisystem shakes...maybe we have them in some of the upper crust grocery stores on the north side where I work. If so I will get you some and ship them.

MELLIE...proud of your loss...I will look for nutrisystem goodies for you also. hugs.

LAURA...omg...lamb...I have tried that so many ways prepared. I just do not like it...but so glad you did. Happy V day to you and BF!

SHADDIE...are you on hiates or just so stinkin busy....God only knows in your crazy world...Hugs.

Gotta think of what to fix for dinner....C and I have decided to skip our night out tonight and go for lunch tomorrow as he is working late and I am pooped.

Have a great weekend all, at least what is left of it.

Hugs.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #159  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Been missing in action recently because I have been relatively busy - no not with work - but with entertaining -Dinner for the likewise stranded contractors who have no family up here - and also making a couple of decisions and finally because I have to write a document on setting up a training school and all the entailed decisions that goes with that. Seems that a good friend of mine who owns a consulting business is going into the training field as a sideline for his business. He would like me to head it up. Sort of semi retirement job. Won't be a full year of work - at least probably not in the beginning - who knows if it works out the way he hopes.

Laura - luck Coal, steak for his birthday. My two used to get a shin bone at Christmas and their birthday. All wrapped up in paper and tinsel with a card. I didn't put it out until the appropriate day for obvious reasons. Then they had to rip off the paper before they could get to the goods.

Michelle - well it is now done. I'm glad to hear that it finished on a positive note and now you can rightly get up in the morning, stretch and say that this day is mine, what will I make of it. No back ups, no seconds, nowhere to shift the blame. Seize your day.

Ceejay - hope you are now feeling much better and ready to go again.

Annie - much as we think we should, we can not interfere with the way others percieve such times as Valentines day or Christmas or what ever. For me, I couldn't care less. I am not likely to buy anything for anyone - even when I was married, and I didn't expect to get anything. It is, as far as I am concerned a commercial gimmick. I have birthdays, Mothers day, Christmas and New Year for all that crap.
Our office is shifting as well on the 21st February. We are going out into the wilderness to a place called Palmerston. Can't see that our move will be any better than yours.

Mel - Hope things are working out for you in the office. Don't forget to pace yourself. Everything DOES NOT HAVE to be done yesterday!
I am home next weekend. Maybe try for that phone call then.

Happy - I'm starting to worry about your DH. All this ranting and raving and gnashing of teeth. It's not like him at all.

So as I was telling Annie, we are moving offices as well. And we have a new boss. She seems very determined and very with it to get on with the job. However I don't think I am going to get what I want out of it. Seems we have all been offered a one month extension. Really? One whole month? I won't be taking it up and will be gone from here by March 28th latest.

I'm not moving from my apartment and the company is not paying for my rental car anymore so I was thinking of another way of getting out there. It's 21Kilometres away. The company said, take the bus. Not this little black duck, besides Palmerston after dark is not the safest place to be so if you work late and then go for the bus you could be in deep doodoo and taxis won't go out there often. I was going to get hold of my consulting company and tell them to book the car to me. I would pay the $$ per day. However they have come up with a better idea. They are going to send the office car up for us three, which is really nice of them. We just have to pay for the petrol we use.

Seems I must have missed a few posts cause when i went to the attachments area, all these new and exciting posts came up. I should really read more carefully. But anyway, I had better get on with my white paper on training, training rooms and documentation.
I'll leave you with this little interesting observation from the New Zealand Nutters club. See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg friend.jpg (30.3 KB, 7 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #160  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good Morning everyone.
Lovely weekend so far. Very quiet.
I think the drama of the office is making the seniors quiet on the weekends.
I got the idea from litle snippets of converstaions yesterday & some confidences.
I told them soon the weather will be nice and we can get away and sit outside.
Now watch it snow until JUNE!!!!!
Nothing new here. Spending today with the kids.
Time for a shower and brekkie.
Have a blessed Sunday everyone

CEEJAY~ I like the program but the soy had a bad affect on me a few yrs ago.
I didn't know that Krogers was carrying it. Great
Sorry they didn't have the shakes.
I like the taste of them but I can't handle that much liquidy sucralose.
I changed my order from QVC where I get the foods from.
Walmarts in some areas carry NS too. But not in NJ.
Hope your weekend keeps going so well!!!

HAPPY~ Hope DH finds his "happy place".
It's the Winter and test results nagging a the back of his mind.
Try not to kill him this week
At least staying home gves your tootsies a rest.
Thanks & yes with NS you have to buy the dairy and produce.
But it's not much cause I can't fit a lot in there.
I over bought this month and had to give Jen some.
Th expiration dates were too cloe.
The Dr had said last year...eat their food first,
then fit the veggies in but smaller amts or baby food.
So in a way....this fits right in with my other "problems".
The Mexican restaurant sounded like a wonderful place to go!!
Have a great weekend back at ya!

ANNIE~ WOW! what a busy day you had.
Sounded like a day in the life of the Energizer bunny!!!
And thanks, I am very excited and hoping this plan works.
Do you get today off??? or more running around??? LOL

SHAD.....definitely next weekend is good or me.
I will give Jen the phone & keys for the 50 odd hours we'll be talking
I hope the friends idea pans out and he makes a big go of it.
Is he easy to work with???
I bet the people you go to work with must love you!
No one else would have gotten a car sent up to them.
"Take a bus"....now really what were they thinking?!?!
It will be good to hear all the details!! HA!!!!!!!! See you then.
PS: hope the back is 100%

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #161  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning My Lovely Ladies....

Not sure what is on the agenda. C didn't get home til 8:20 last night so our VD dinner didn't happen, instead I made grilled cheese sandwiches with Edam and Cheddar cheeses. Then slice up potatos as if I were going to fry them but instead baked them in the oven with a little garlic salt sprinkled on them...I knew C was famished so I just ate a grilled cheese and let him have all the tatos. Sam and I had a great lunch so I was not all that hungry anyway. Today we are going to Fujiyama Steakhouse of Japan for the hibachi lunch. Kind of a good deal as it is WAY cheaper for the same things you get at dinner and tastes just as good. C is still in bed so I don't know if we are going to have to do work for his job or not. Kind of think not as he worked so late last night. I need to clean house as I have not done a thorough cleaning in about a month other than dust here, vacuum there, mop this now and then. Need to go from top to bottom, I may wait till next Saturday when there is not quite as much on the agenda.

SHADDIE...wow I don't blame you for going out in the slums at night to catch a bus or taxi that won't go to that area. Heck, I won't even go downtown Indy at night without a man or large group of people. Besides I hate driving downtown. Too many shootings down there also. Hope you get your training docs all done.

MELLIE...and God bless you too, my on-line friend. It will not snow in June. That is my birthday month and I refuse to let it snow. Bad enough we have to deal with the rain in June. Enjoy your day with the kiddos.

Have a great day/night all....

Loves and hugs.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #162  

Morning
Annie
Glad you were having an enjoyable day with daughter. Sounded like fun.
Thanks for the offer of getting those shakes. I can get them in Jonesboro. I'll just get more of them next week end.

Shad
Entertaining the troops-- good for you.

Mel
Hope your day continues to be quiet.

-------------
Had a note in my box this morning stating that I go to city council tomorrow afternoon for my 20 year award pin. Not looking forward to that at all.
My sinus infection is finally getting well--not 100%--but I'm feeling better and voice is not as raspy.

It's back to work this morning and I'm praying it will be quiet for the day.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #163  

Morning all.

Michelle - How was the workshop and the fundraiser yesterday? The doggie playtime sounds fun - hope both you and Santa enjoy it. Nice way to end the court appearance. I'm glad you and your ex are able to end things nicely and were ready to revisit happier times already - and together. I don't think many couples do.

Annie - Sounds like a busy and productive day yesterday. Hope you're taking a breather today - for at least some of the day. Enjoy your lunch - sounds fantastic!

Ceejay - Yay for a refund!! Congrats on the 20 years! Yeh, I wouldn't want any special attention...but I wouldn't mind more than a pin as recognition for my years of service, LOL.

Mel - Glad things are looking up. Now to just keep work from driving you nuts!! Glad the nutrisystem is working for you. Easy certainly helps!!

Shad - Sounds like an interesting venture into the training biz for your friend. And maybe the same for you?? Glad you arranged the car for you and your co-workers. The bus sounded risky!

Happy - Glad the snowblower made it to your house safely. Now you're prepared for the snow, and if, thanks to Murphy's Law, you don't get anymore snow - that's fine too!!!! Yummm, Mexican food! Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry dh is a bit cranky these days. Maybe he should go to the sport show just to raise his spirits! Hope you get all your shopping and errands done before the influx of visitors. Nope, we didn't make Coal wear a party hat, LOL.

===
Nothing much to report. Coal enjoyed his steak, and so did bf and I - although one steak was much tastier than the other. We shared both.

Yesterday I had my touchup/haircut, and I also ran a couple errands and hit the thrift shop. Forgot to ask if the shop is discontinuing the sale of clothing, but all of the clothes besides dressy clothes and coats were $1. I bought a blouse and a pair of khakis. The pants were a size down for me, and I was able to zip and button them, but are a very snug fit. Five pounds later they might be perfect...we'll see. Also bought another LeSportsac purse, as well as a soup spoon and a tablespoon for work, a cute coffee mug, and five paperback books...all for $5.50. Now, if I were smart, I'd find 5 old books sitting untouched on the shelf to put in the donation bag...not sure why I'm keeping books I've already read...I rarely re-read books. Except maybe some from my school days that I feel I might have a greater appreciation for because I'm reading them voluntarily.

After that it was puttering, tv, a dog walk, lunch, a Walmart run, then some reading. The book is due tomorrow and I'm only about halfway through. Plenty of reading time tomorrow if I so choose.

Today has been lazing with tea and the paper. Later I'll probably go to Trader Joe's. It's nice and sunny right now, that makes me happy.

Everyone have a great day today!!

Last edited by Laura705; 02-17-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #164  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey chicks Happy Sunday to yahs,

Yesterday after DH went out to look at boats I took the opportunity to be by myself to scurry around (often in 5 directions) trying to get some things done here. I had to pay close attention to really focus on just one thing at a time. He came back a couple of hours later and we talked about boats. He is undecided about a pontoon boat (think of a human sized barge on floats) or a fishing boat or no boat at all. We had a good discussion. Bounced some ideas around. He had a good point, we are being very very conservative in our spending and are doing well at that and he said he'd hate to have money saved, be hesitant to spend any of it for fear we'd run out but they we didn't enjoy any of it and passed it along to someone else. I totally get his thinking. And BTW, I'm thinking that his concern over this heart procedure has got him in the cranky bits right now. I have called him out on a few times when I felt he was being excessive just so he realizes he's doing that and we can avoid an unnecessary argument. Anyway we went to the casino last night. Both of us walked out with a few extra dollars in our pockets but OMG did we stink and I mean STINK of cigarettes. Ugh. Stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things and I was almost embarassed at anyone who was around us because we reeked. However, many of the Walmart shoppers smell exactly like this so perhaps they considered us their peeps. We both took a shower and he settled in to watch some TV and I sat at the computer. While going through a box I found these booties I had bought that you put in the microwave to warm up. I thought this might help the bursitis foot. The warmth felt nice but no real relief. The pain is getting pretty bad. It is spreading to a larger part of the foot and I hate to keep taking so many anti inflammatories when they don't seem to be making any difference. The only shoes I can really wear are my crocs and my snow boots. Anything else - even the shoes I wore at the shop earlier, now make my foot hurt even worse. I see the doctor a week from tomorrow. Not sure what else we can do. She did say it's a stubborn condition to treat. Last night it was cold - minus 12F. The house - particularly the deck - really creaks bad when it's that cold. I'm sitting here upstairs in the quiet and BAM!!! sounds like a buffalo ran into the house full force. It can be disconcerting. I guess it looks like we'll get some snow on Friday. That will be good - it's the day of the big ski race and while the trail groomers probably wish we'd get a bit more earlier this week, it will put everyone in the mood if it snows on Friday. Not sure we want to go into town and mostly get stuck in horrendous traffic (kinda like being around Woodfield shopping Mall at Christmas time) but worse because you are in stand still mode with traffic backed up in spots from what I understand. Everyone says we should see it once. I figured I'd do it if I was still working at the popcorn shop since the finish line is just down the street from there and the racers go right by. But since I'm not there any more maybe we'll just put it off until next year

Laura - isn't it wierd how sometimes 2 steaks will taste totally different? We're having steak bites tonight for supper with some TGI Friday's fried green beans and a salad. I hope they come out well - sure are good in the restaurant. Sounds like you have a really good thrift store out by you. Lots of little treasures. Good point about the books that can get new homes. Perhaps like Annie you have to make a bag of stuff and set it by the door for your next trip. I think Sundays are just made for tea and the newspaper. Seems like if you don't read it on Sunday it just lays around until the next week's edition. Go out and enjoy the sunshine when you're done.

Ceejay - I kind of agree with Laura. It's nice they recognize service anniversaries but after 20 years, would be nice if they gave you 20,000 dollars instead of a dinky pin And I can imagine that you are not the type who wants alot of recognition in city hall anyway. Just smile and nod. Will it be just you or a couple of people getting their pins? Glad you are starting to feel better.

Annie - poor C - sounds like he's got such a strenuous job and works really really hard. You are good to help him considering you have so much of your own work too. Alot of time sounds like you are just 2 ships passing by in a sleepy fog. Enjoy your hibachi lunch. I do love that food and preparation method. Sometimes lunch is not only a better deal price wise but also better portions.

Mel - cute graphic this morning. We can all use a bit of blessing So is TJ about to head into financial difficulties because you stopped buying food there since the beginning of the year? They might send a shopping bus just for you. We want our Mellie back Sounds like the office people are 10 times worse than the seniors. Are they seniors in training

Shad - I think it's a FABULOUS idea to have you lay out the plan for a training center. You have so much experience in that area and you know how to anticipate the different kinds of students which also helps alot. This seems like something slow to start but will catch quickly and you might be working longer hours in your "retirement" than you do now. However you do seem to put in long days as it is. But maybe this will be a much more pleasant experience than dealing with the dunderheads in the corporate world. Please be careful in the new town. I don't think of bad areas in your country but I guess they are everywhere. I'm glad the agency cares enough about it's contractors to pay for a car for them to be safe. Will you get a stun gun too??? Just as well then that you only have about 6 more weeks to go although if the whole crew feels as you did about the extension and they all walk, they might be considering that.

It's bright and sunny outside but quite chilly so I think I will continue on my mission here of clean sweeping each room one by one. It does look nice decluttered. At one point I started unpacking boxes and didn't get the chance to finish so I made more of a mess sorting things than I did cleaning. And I'm getting tired of looking at it. Also the respiratory therapist told us about a butcher store out by her. DH wants to check it out but my freezer is chock full at this point. I need to stick my face in there and plan on using some of the meats for meals this week to make room for other stuff. Geez I hope he's not thinking bison burgers Anyway have a good Sunday ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #165  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday evening ladies,

The workshop I went to on Saturday morning was wonderful! Then I drove to my ex's house and he and I drove to Chicago to go to the spaghetti dinner fundraiser. It was great seeing our friend, and I'm glad my ex went with me so he could drive. Santa and I had to skip the doggie playtime because even though the information online didn't mention anything about providing vaccination records, the place called me late Friday afternoon (while I was in court) and told me the records were necessary. So I couldn't get the vet to fax them over before they closed on Friday. But Santa played with my ex's two dogs all day yesterday and also this morning. And then I took him to the dog park...and now we'll take a short walk. He should be plenty tired and happy this evening.

I've got a friend who is getting a divorce from her husband...just in the very early stages...they haven't even filed the paperwork yet. She doesn't have a full time job, so she can't afford an apartment. I told her that I will check with my landlord and as long as my landlord doesn't mind, she can move in with me. I reminded her up front that I'm only going to be in WI for another 6 or 7 months at the most, but if she gets more hours at work by then she can talk with the landlord about taking over the lease. We'll see. She has friends who live closer to downtown Milwaukee where her job and other activities are, so she might move in with them. Doesn't really matter to me either way. If she wants to move in....fine....if she moves somewhere else, that's cool too.

I've gotta to take Santa for a walk. I'll try and catch up on personals tonight or tomorrow morning.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote