Old 10-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #436  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! and aaron jeez I bent to put my workout shoes (sneakers ) on yesterday and got a leg cramp I am so out of shape!! but I hope to get back to workout out every day soon.

51 degrees here, so much better than the 29 at this time yesterday! so yeah gonna ride to work, that makes everything better
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls, just checking in, been busy around here but it is going to slow down now! Winter time is upon us here fortunately so that means bikes have to get put away. No real winter plans except for our trip to Cancun in January and again this year you would think that would light a fire under my butt to do something about my weight but again just no motivation!
Well off to Sioux City to do a little shopping, we have a witches walk on Halloween night so I need to find some witches stuff

Have a great weekend
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #438  
Biker Chick!

Reda, I have not had ANY motivation to want to do better either, all summer. However, my summer job ended yesterday, so from this point on, I am free to work out in the morning every day..no excuses!! and usually once I start working out again, that makes me much more aware of calories, and then I might stick to some kind of diet. You have Cancun in January? I have the Harley Raffle, where I am going to be center stage, emcee-ing for a crowd of 200!! I wanna look good!! shall we commit together??

As always I am sad at the summer job being over, but I know I did well at what I do, and got heartfelt thanks from the chef ("I couldn't have done it without you, Holly" which means alot to me) And got a nice cash tip from a very nice lady member and a wonderful note from her! nice!!

Just finished doing Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, almost50 minutes total.

I did not bring any sweet things home from the Club (it was a free-for-all of cookies, cakes, pastries, etc..all the crap I make ) and no baking supplies..just eggs and veggies

It is 31 degrees outside now but sunny. Ill wait for it to warm up to today's high of 50 before I go outside to rake..but that's my only chance, cause the rest of the week is CRAP weather!!! RAIN and 40's, sheesh. BUt I should be grateful for none of the white crap, right??

We will keep our bikes outside, under the canopy, until the real, consistant cold weather comes.

have a good day!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Ladies!!!!

I feel like I have been gone forever.... well I kinda have. I have been reading some, but just so dang busy and I have not replied. So.... I hope to be able to be more active now.
Reda, gosh Cancun is not far away!
Holly, I cannot believe I have totally missed your summer job. And riding season.
Colleen, I hate you had to start over w the tracker. And it seems that you are our actual biker chick this year since the rest of us have not ridden too much.....

Well, there was NO riding for us b/c of DH knee. He is still having issues with it even 2 months post op. He has gone back to work part time..... but his knee is still not right. He is SOOOOO close to retirement, but I fear he will not make it. They will end up getting rid of him.
Since we have last spoken, I went to work in Memphis, TN. It was the WORST job EVER..... so I am in the process of going back to UAMS (the medical school) and It looks like I may just have a work at home job!!!! It is not uncommon for medical coders to work at home.... and I have been thinking about it. Now it appears it will be a reality. I am super excited! I drive an hour each way to work now (Memphis) and it is exciting to think of NO commute time. Especially since a week and a half ago I got hit in Memphis, of course the person did not have insurance or a DL.... and it was M-E-S-S, numerous officers were called to the scene b/c of "race" etc....... I took it as my queue to get out of Memphis.

Also, since we last spoke, I MET MY GOAL!!!!!! But, let me tell you maintenance is a butt!!!! It is hard to eat like I should when my mind says you are not on a diet. eat the _____....... go ahead..... But, I am doing my best to keep it under 165. My husband does not want me to go under 165 b/c as he puts it "he can feel my a double s bone"..... so it is a balancing act. I am hoping with the "no commute" I can have more time to exercise.

I also hope this enables me to be able to be able to ride more!

Well, that is my recap....not much else going on. Hope to hear from yall soon.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #440  
Biker Chick!

Tammy, CONGRATULATIONS!!! on hitting goal!! Oh man!! that is so great I will you ALL power to keep where you want to be

oh jeez sorry to hear about the hit with no insurance or DL even, hmm I can read between the lines , you are tactful and we don't have to say more, I can see how it motivated you even more to cut the commute. I hope the work from home deal comes true!

real sorry about DH's knee, and oh man I hope he makes his time to retirement!! is it illegal to let him go because of his knee?? I'm sure you have investigated it all but wishing him/you the best in that

and real sorry that meant you didn't ride together much this summer, you will make it up next year

Well I had 5 days off, and only ONE day was nice, the others were DARK, rain, chilly (low 40) ugh!! so I feel I was cheated, LOL. I worked Sat. for the Rat B*stard (except he wasn't there, that's why they needed me) and OMG is it May yet?? we got a rush of people and I am just not 'in my game' yet.

AND the piece-of-crap old guy that hugged (groped!) me last year came in!! I can't believe he still comes in that store. I went to a co-worker and actually pointed at him, telling her 'that's him!!' Right when she looked and gasped, and I was pointing at him, he turned and looked I don't care! go to h*ll you creep.

The Rat B@stard hired back the young girl who was such a b*tch to me last year!! and would storm out, 'quit', then come back. And hired another young lady, and those 2 do NOT get along, and each one comes to me complaining of the other

HOwever today will mark ONE WEEK of being on plan for me, wow. Worked out every day except Saturday, and restricted calories and carbs. I have not gotten on the scale, I know my ticker is not right but I don't want to depress myself .

I am really astounded that even though I did not work out at all this summer, way 'maybe' once a week, now that I'm back to it, I'm not sore. Maybe I'm not working out hard enough, LOL but it is encouraging I have not lost all muscle tone.

Size wise I am somewhere between a loose and baggy 12 and a snug 10..have no jeans that I feel good in. Loose jeans make me feel sloppy and snug make me feel so pudgy.

well I have written a novel here, so I'd better get moving.
Our bikes are not put away yet!! but it probably will be soon. We need the space in our driveway.

And yeah Colleen was our poster girl for riding this year!

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-31-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #441  

Hi girls-

Congrats Tammy goal is met that is so awesome sorry to hear about accident but sending well wishes that the work at home becomes a reality for you!!!
Ya it just didn't seem like we got much riding in this year on my bike only 4400 miles this summer but I did ride with DH more this year, he has almost 6000 miles on his bike since January when we brought it home.

We are actually putting together about a 4000 mile trip maybe over Labor Day next year, looking at going to Denver, Vegas, Phoenix, Albuqurqe, OK City or something along those lines, and of course I am torn because I would really like to take my bike but then I think it sure would be nice to just ride with DH as well, don't have to decide on any of that until it gets closer......

Holly WTG on staying on plan for your first week, I still haven't found any mojo but I am thinking I need to start getting my butt back to the gym, I am saying tomorrow but won't be tomorrow as MIL is having surgery so will be out of town all day tomorrow.

Well going to watch Skyscraper so I will check back in later
Old 11-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #442  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks! Wow Reda that upcoming trip sounds EPIC!! and I hear ya how you would want to ride your own, yet we do know how wonderfully carefree being a passenger is, to just sit back and enjoy the ride. Like you said, you have almost a year to decide

I got to ride to work on TUesday, it was sunny and 55 and awesome!! and riding home in the pitch blackness was a little challenging (what the heck is it aboug getting older and not being able to see as well at night ) but the last 5 miles were so nice, on the new pavement with the fresh reflective paint and the stars above.

However that flippin Polar Vortex is on it's way to the East, I am so sorry Reda if you are buried in sn*w and icy cold!

I fell off my diet ALREADY all I can do is try each day to make better choices and not give in to my cravings. I have been working out almost every day, back to good old Gilad (20 year old VHS tapes!!) but at least I do it and it makes me sweat.

have a good day!!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #443  

Hey ladies and one gent....
Quick hello. Before I am on the road again. I am back at my old "state" job.... but it is at the main campus so I am having to travel to Little Rock and stay the week. This should be my last week and then I will be WORKING FROM HOME!!!!! It is just in time too..... b/c the "polar vortex" has gotten to us as well. We normally don't get a snow dusting until Late Dec or early January..... but last week we got one in NOVEMBER..... that is a bad sign for us.

Holly, you are right.... we are never gonna be perfect in dieting..... but all we can do is make better choices and start over each day. Progress not perfection is what I try to keep in mind.

Reda, maybe next year we will get in the riding groove again and get some riding done-- like we used to.

I feel like a weight has been lifted with getting this job and not having to go to Memphis and being able to work at home! Feeling pretty blessed!

Well, I hate to sound so self absorbed and drop a few lines and run, but I need to load the car and get ready to head out.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #444  

Hi girls,

Tammy glad to hear that the job is working in hour favor, and a state job means you get all the state benefits with health and retirement? Now at our age we do need to be thinking of retirement because as far away as it seems it is going to be here in no time

Holly sounds great that got to ride that sure isn't happening around here, yep snow and ice has set in

Well I do believe it is nap time, I will check back in later
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #445  
Biker Chick!

Happy Thanksgiving chicks! we got DUMPED on by snow last night, almost a foot!! ugh!! Last year we took a ride to town on T'giving Day, um that is not happening today

We are going to our son's fiance's grandmother's house today, not that far away, about 40 miles/one hour. I have met this lady before, she is very nice and friendly, compared to the fiance's mother who I think is on the strange side
Old 11-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #446  
Biker Chick!

We went to our future in laws for T-day yesterday, and it was a nice visit at the time, but now I am SO sad that our son is more their son now!! Well he and the fiance (we do like here very much) live in an apartment off her parent's house, and he goes to college nearby, but for every other minute he is there, with them, and involved with their family, and it's just that they never knew him as the sullen awful teenager we had :rotfl: and they have a nice house, and a well-off grandma that they have dinner with TWO times a week, and we see them only when I call and press them

I am so happy that he is now a responsible wonderful young man but its like he's their son now and WE are the outsiders You can say that material things are not what count and that he is a good enough person to know that but he sure doesn't show it, by not visitng us hardly ever. And they live less than an hour away. I am sad enough to bawl about this and I don't want to.

Oh and a foot of snow now!!! ths is our picnic bench
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowy t-day.jpg (48.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #447  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Greetings! Awesome that there is a bike forum here.
I ride a Yamaha FZ-09 and a Harley XL1200L. Nice to see so many of you here.

Both of my parents are 100+ lbs overweight with Type II Diabetes and I was huge as a kid, so its a lifelong diet/way of life over here.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #448  

Welcome Jen! We have been here for awhile through the ups and downs of life, weight loss, and riding. We have not been as active as we once were.... but hopefully that will change.

Holly, I am sooooo sorry..... and I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My DS2 took up with the neighbors at our former house.... and it is like he is their son.... cause they are the cool care free people who never raised their own kids b/c they gave them up or lost custody. It was ME who birthed him and made him the person he is.... but he considers them as his family. I am sorry you are going through this also. But at one point, he will have to remember who his REAL family is. I am sorry about the snow..... we cannot get the stupid weather regulated here. It has snowed already normally its not until late Dec. early Jan..... today it is SUPER windy and 68.... but tomorrows high is 39. Grrrrrr!

So, the job is AMAZING.... I cannot tell you how the weight of the world has been lifted off of me. I work when I want as long as I get my hours in. It is just amazing.... and I do get all of the state benefits... retirement, ins. etc.

DH goes to the doctor tomorrow..... we don't know what his career will end up like b/c his knee is still not right...... so please send thoughts and prayers. I will try to log on tomorrow to let you know.

Well, I did not gain through Thanksgiving. I had a minimal gain from my lowest point yesterday though.... so the left over dessert has to go!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing good. Have a great day!

Tammy
Old 11-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #449  

Hi girls,

You know Holly and Tammy I think we have a lot more in common than just bikes and weight we all have boys that just want to cause us heartache whether they know it or not, I just keep reminding myself that he will come around once he gets older and starts having his own family and see's and learns what family is really all about.....

Well girls last Monday I started going back to the gym but of course didn't go Thursday and also didn't get to go this weekend either but I am totally going again tomorrow 6am sharp!!! Haven't lost anything but I do feel much better

I hear ya about the weather we were 73 degrees yesterday and today high 23 degrees- crazy weather and didn't even get to take the bike out

Well I suppose I should get off here and get ready for bed- have a great week
Old 12-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Chicks!! I hope you gals are doing better then me. I feel real bad about my self, and hope to get in shape and slim down. I am back on a diet, I have let my self gain all the weight I lost come back. I cut out all the junk food today, and will start exercising tomorrow. I am going to try to exercise 1 hour every day. I have a elliptical machine and a exercise bike. I will walk as much as the cold weather will let me. I want to lose 50 lbs by April 1st. I know this will be hard, but I need to do it. I am starting at 270 and want to be at 220 or less by April. Thank you for being here for me.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote