Old 05-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Dawn, congrats! The pic are great.

Holly, sorry you had to deal with the new guy.... but you know, he needs to know his role and also needs to listen to people who have been there.

I have ridden a couple times.... not too many.

My DH did not get the college police job he applied for... boooooo. BUT, he is now thinking about doing the surgery in Mexico.... so right now that would be best....
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all.

Lots of riding here. Over 1000 miles on my bike and more on DH's.

Dawn, You and the location look beautiful! I have a friend selling the It Works products too. Sounds like you are having better luck than she is!

Holly, so happy for you and your summer job with the raise! WooHoo! Glad for the good luck riding to work w/o getting rained on too!

Wow, Tammy, you are doing great with the weight loss! I have been sick so bad with bronchitis that I just gave it all up until I feel good again. I have gone through 3 courses of antibiotics. Somethin' has got to give!

Reda, you are sounding busy too. Good luck on the IP alternative plan. Let us know how it goes.

We went camping this past weekend. I took the truck and trailer and DH came when he could with the cycle. Didn't go with anyone else, but had another couple come to the campsite for supper 1 night. Had fun. Got to ride a little too.

Motorcycle vacation in SD and CO is coming up soon. I think we are more excited for this trip than we have been for our Mexico trips. It's going to be a lot of miles on a bike though!!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #393  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Colleen, dayum, 1000 miles already!?! I am happily jealous We just have SO much rain for weeks, and before that, 40's. Very sorry about the persistant bronchitis!

Today was much better weather-wise, it started out wet but dried out, so I worked out inside; and finished mowing the side lawn, weed whacked and it looks so nice..for a day or two with all the moisture we get, the grass (and weeds) grow like crazy. I just about scalped the lawn a week ago because I had the blade set too low; darn lawn is fully recovered in a week, LOL.

I came up with a plan I hope, to help keep my bike clean. Our bikes live in the driveway, under a canopy. They are protected from falling rain, but if it rains hard, then the soil/sand from the driveway bounces up and the lower level of my bike is always so dirty, gritty and sandy from that! So I found some tarp that wasn't being used, and after covering my bike with her blankie I put the tarps down on the ground, right up close to her, on both sides, and weighed them down. I'll let you know if my brainchild works

Oh i am so envious of long motorcycle trips! We haven't been on one for years. DH just can't get the time from work; it would be difficult for me also but it could be done.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #394  

Quick post to my biker pals..... Y'all. Are the first friends for me to tell..... I made it to onederland!!!!!!!!! I am 12 weeks post op today!!!!!! I am 50 pounds down, thanks for listening-- I am off to work
Old 06-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi Girls- been really busy decided to shingle the house and started on it this week - we took our measurements to Menards and of course we must have been off somewhere because we are about 2 bundles short - dang it.
We have been getting to ride quite abit - since we bought Todd's new bike the end of December he now had about 1800 miles on it- so not bad for mostly winter months

Dawn love the pics and that dress how beautiful sorry to hear about the computer though and the sticky mess.

Colleen your trip sounds awesome, our next trip till possibly - yep I said possilbly BBBQ but last night we talked about maybe do an all-incluvise trip in September instead, going to check it out this week.

Holly glad you are getting to ride some, and hopefully your tarp will pan out, if not maybe you could find a piece of plywood that you could park your bike on that way nothing will splash up when it rains....

Tammy WTG on the onderland- well I was giving the IP alternative a try but just not having any luck with it either I think mostly because we were on vacation for memorial then this week we were roofing and I was cooking for like 8 people so needless to say we had pizza 2 nights and brats with chips one night and today hamburgers and chips. I do know I need to figure something out I am at 200 and this is not good ...

Well I suppose I better get off here and get some things done around the house

Have a great week
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #396  
Biker Chick!

just a quick HI, spent most of the day on our bikes yesterday, 220+ miles and sooo beautiful!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #397  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Quick post to my biker pals..... Y'all. Are the first friends for me to tell..... I made it to onederland!!!!!!!!! I am 12 weeks post op today!!!!!! I am 50 pounds down, thanks for listening-- I am off to work
I am sorry I did not catch this right away!! CONGRATULATIONS! wow that was fun using all those congratulatory smilies for you!!

sorry to hear your DH did not get the college police job he wanted, I must say even not knowing the first thing about Law Enforcement, that particular position must be good. Has he come to a decision about the operation in Mexico?

HI Reda, Dawn, Colleen and Aaron

my tarp has been keeping my bike cleaner

Got my bike inspected yesterday, was thinking she needed brakes, nope! and I will need tires, but not for maybe a month so I pre-ordered. The front one is reasonably priced, the rear is not

Got alot of annuals planted today and bought some different kinds of mint and planted them.

have a good night!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #398  

Reda, house projects stink!!!!! Lol. Are you still liking your "new" job?

Colleen, I sure hope you get better.... Seems like those bronchitis illness take forever to get over.... A girl in my office is going on 6 weeks of it. But at least you are able to do some things.

Holly, glad you are getting to ride some. And you have a resolution for keeping the bike clean. Doesn't it feel good when u don't need to spend the amount of $ you thought u would? It's almost like finding $... Lol
Thanks for the congrats. I am trying to stick to plan.... I still haven't eaten any junk food. I am gonna splurge (maybe) on my bday next month.
DHhas decided (I think) not to go to Mexico for surgery right now.... Just too many uncertainties.... And honestly I am not sure he is ready-- heck I prolly wasn't ready... Lol. It's big mind game when u WANT all of said meal but can only eat a couple ounces!!!!! I can eat 1/4 of a chicken breast or 1 leg w no skin and a tbs of potatoes or veggie...... More than that I get "warning" hiccups..... Then the food comes up..... So no matter how much u want the food--- you just can't eat it.... And I don't know if he is ready for that. But time will tell..... And life hopefully will "normalize" soon.....

Well I have to get to work. Will gab more later.... Happy and safe riding!!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Congratulations on the 1 way trip to Onederland Tammy! Jealous here! I'm back up quite a bit. I am feeling better. Still a cough with garbage, but not such a chronic and embarrassing cough.

Today I wore new jeans to work. One of the customers asked me if I just got some new jeans. Thinking it was a compliment, I said "yes I did, I thought I could get a new pair for our upcoming vacation". Her reply was "you have a bunch of stickers on the back pocket and leg!!" I was glad that she told me but I walked around all morning with those on!!!

Reda, what/where is BBBQ? Any vacation is better than no vacation! I am so thankful that we have been able to go on several. Many of our friends/family roll eyes at us. I think that we better do these things while we can. That getting old stuff isn't very friendly on either of our families!!

Holly, sounds like you have been busy. Gardening is not for me, but DH insists we have many planters full of annual flowers. I finally convinced him last year to give up on planting a garden. I hate messing with it, and he is gone all week. In the past it has turned into a tomato producing weed patch! His latest project is an all out WAR with a gopher!! I'm pretty sure the gopher is still winning! I'm not very happy with the little bugger either. He keeps digging up sand from under the cement pad of our lawn shed. He's made a huge mess!!

Dawn, have you had anyone try the hair and nails product from It Works? The gal I work with was telling me about the wraps. She brought one into work to show me. I was expecting something about the size of a bath towel that would wrap around someones hips or belly. Nope--just a little thing. Seems like my idea would be a better--maybe not cost effective, but more useful! Cause if a little wrap works, imagine what a big wrap could do!!

Hope this note finds you all well, and with good riding weather! Enjoy!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
Dawn, have you had anyone try the hair and nails product from It Works? The gal I work with was telling me about the wraps. She brought one into work to show me. I was expecting something about the size of a bath towel that would wrap around someones hips or belly. Nope--just a little thing. Seems like my idea would be a better--maybe not cost effective, but more useful! Cause if a little wrap works, imagine what a big wrap could do!!
My cousin uses the hair skin nails (HSN) My DH is to be taking them too to help with a nail that keeps splitting down the middle. He keeps forgetting to take it but manages about 3 times a week to remember. The 1st week he did take it every day & I did notice his hair cuz before he started I buzzed him & after the week I looked at him thinking I need to buzz him again.

This is a picture of a team member of a distributor I know on FB.
This one is my cousin

I used the wraps before getting married. They are perfect for after you have lost weight & need to "tighten, tone, firm" It also helps with stretch marks & the scar I had on my belly. In order to hold it place you want to wrap Saran Wrap around yourself. Contact me on FB if you want to know more info.

I never did get my MRI done. Medical Assoiciates here in Dubuque sucks. They had called to tell me to go to billing 1st. Ok I figured I was on a payment plan & last time I asked the lady said she didnt see that I owed anything so I thought it was cuz I didnt make payment like agreed on. Wrong they wanted me to pay $237 for my part of the MRI. They figured that is what the insurance would not pay. Needless to say we couldnt just write out a check for that much & would not let us do a payment plan thing for it like I had done before. Next week DH has a 2nd interview in Pella IA. We are hoping they offer him a job (which will pay much more) then maybe I can find a decent Dr who will do the MRI without jumping threw hoops like I do here.

I have thought about getting the bike out but each time I chicken out due to my shoulder. My DH is studying for the motorcycle test then atleast 1 of will be riding it. We're also trying to find him his own so that when I can ride we can ride together.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Just real quick today- Hi Girls!

Still real busy - and today I have heading out of town again shortly shopping with my sister - so with that I need to get off here
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #402  

Colleen, Lol... you are so funny..... but I think DH has you topped on the tag. He interviewed for a job with the sticker on his pants. Then he came and got me for lunch.... I told him he could never go on another interview without me dressing him. Lol.
Girl, it is hard to worry about weight loss when you are sick. Don't be jealous... you will get back on track. You were doing good at 10 pounds a month. Ya just got to get rid of that junk.

Holly, I am glad you are getting to ride!!! And isn't it awesome to keep your bike clean. Lol.

Reda, you stay sooooo busy it makes me tired. Lol.

We went kayaking today.... 45 minutes around the lake.... but what I did not calculate was 45 minutes back to the house..... it was quite the workout.... but my flabby arms need it-- sooo bad. On the way almost to our boat dock I looked down and there was a HUGE snake under the water..... I was trying not to freak and just get away from it..... but my DH was right behind me and whacked it..... I HATE those things..... not that too many people like them. lol.

We have had horrible storms.... so no riding. It is supposed to storm off and on all weekend. We had damage on our old house (the rent house) our neighbors tree fell through our fence. But, they are fixing it. And also a little damage to my mother in laws old house that DS2 is living in..... but I am thinking I am going to have him repair the minor damage.... they are living there rent free..... so it won't kill him.

Well, I am getting ready to get off here......

Will gab more later.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #403  
Biker Chick!

Hi girls! (and Aaron if you're lurking )

Tammy, that is incredible about the tiny amounts of food you can only handle, wow!

UGH and eek about the huge snake!! Kayaking is a hard workout, cardio and muscles.

Hi Reda

Colleen, lol at the stickers/tags!! on the back of the thigh, right? I've come close to going out with those on .

We, in this small town, are so happy that FINALLY the main road is going to be repaved, it is in horrible condition; cracks, heaves, etc. Not just terrible for motorcycles, for 4 wheels also. However...now it is almost FIVE MILES
of scarified pavement, 'rough road' warnings, uneven lanes..I lose about 6 months' of life expectancy with every trip And I have been wearing chaps even on warm days because I fully expect to fall over each day.

I can NOT go over 25 mph even on the relatively unhazardous parts (where it is "just" scarified) and the places where the pavement is broken, uneven, gravel sprinkled throughout; then I have to slow down to a crawl. i regularly have a line of impatient cars behind me...kinda awful On Friday I actually went 11 miles out of my way to avoid it. Then I got rained on, LOL.

Some cars that are behind me, when they see me struggling, do drop back, gods bless them. Others are right-the-**** behind me. I don't even try to pull over to let them pass because sometimes there are extra horrible holes to the right.

I might just do the avoidance thing tomorrow, and go a total of 22 miles out of my way to avoid.

There is one good thing about this repaving though..I took a bucket and made trips across the road, to fill my bucket with the broken-up pavement pieces, then ran down my driveway, dumped the bucket into the holes/ruts we have in our unpaved driveway, back up the drive, wait for no cars, run across the road and got another bucketfull..filled up all the holes and ruts in the driveway. I think I paid for the pavement with my taxes
Old 06-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #404  

Holly, I am glad you made it through Ok. I hate it when people are so impatient when they have no business traveling fast on broken roads either..... but I am glad you made it. It sounds tough. I am not sure if they do it there..... but I HATE it when they put that little tiny white "gravel" down for high traffic areas to pack down instead of repaving.... it is HORRIBLE to ride a bike on. You fishtail like crazy!!!!

But, hey, I think all the crap you put up with on your way down that road pays for the gravel you jacked. Lol.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #405  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post

But, hey, I think all the crap you put up with on your way down that road pays for the gravel you jacked. Lol.

I put on my big girl panties this morning and tackled that darn road, made it down, then made it fine on the way home Only difference maybe is that the cars behind me gave me space, bless them, and maybe I'm getting somewhat used to the terror