Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! Welcome Sunster.

I'm back to work I so need a new job with normal hours. When I was working 12 hours during the day it wasnt too terribly bad but this nite time stuff gets harder & harder everytime I do it. It probably wouldnt be so bad if I stayed on nites but in the last 2 yrs of being at IBM they keep switching me no matter what my prevence is. I dont even know why they ask when they just put me where they want me. I have made it very known to my manager that I want to move to a different group. She said she would back me on trying to get on a different group I just need to keep my ear/eyes open & keep applying internally for new positions. The last time I spoke with her she said she had an idea for me but she needed to talk to the the next manager up from her. She didnt give me any details. All I know is I'm getting very tired of the BS in my department & no one listening to how to help fix some of the issues. They keep making things more difficult instead of listening to the more experienced people on how to work things (etc, etc) The good thing about me being back to work is I have been able to do better on my eating habits. I have 4 lbs to go before I am back to what I was before the surgery.

This weekend its suppose to cool off again & rain for 4 days straight. I plan on going & getting a new battery for the bike even if the weather is crappy. I need it anyway you look at it when the nice weather comes about again. We had a few nice days here & everyone got their bikes out. Gave me the itch to get mine too. Bad thing though with my schedule I wont be riding much cuz on my days off I sleep during the day. I dont like riding after it gets dark but that may change just so I can go for a ride once in awhile.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #92  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

FYI....tomorrow is International Female Ride Day (May 3). I'll be riding for you road sistahs who are snowed/rained/sleet/hailed out. We're in the 90"s today (sorry) and prob same tomorrow.

This is a very special group!
Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #93  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks!

Reda, Booo to snow! that is HORRIBLE. you have my deepest sympathy! congrats to son acing the race though

and Colleen, sorry for your crappy weather also!

Dawn, real sorry you're not happy at the job, the night hours thing is so hard, and then to have them switch you around, and having to sleep during the day, ugh.

Hi Tammy

Hi Sun, kewl that you will represent for the ones who can't tomorrow and I will be riding to work!

I will be a grown-up and tell you that I volunteered to work the next 5 days for the Rat B@stard boss they are short-handed and I can use the money. Then sometime next week I will start at the good place

I've been out on the bike lots in the past couple days, it has been great! and enjoying the new sparkle I got from that Nev'r Dull stuff.

Had to soul-search a bit and ended up selling to a jeweler, some items that were from my dad and mom. I figured the pieces were doing nothing for me, I could certainly use the money, and I have plenty of other mementos around.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #94  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hey! I'd like to see all of our bikes! I see ChopperChick's bike in avatar but need closer up pic if you have one. I have to join photobucket or some such, i guess, because shutterfly doesn't want to upload here.

Excitement on fridays International Female Ride Day....thought we saw a biker pulled way off or highway and looked like he was leaned over bike taking a nap. Came back same way about an hour later and same position. We pulled over at next offramp and called hiway patrol...don't know what happened. THEN, as we're pulling back on hiway, a ton of sirens and firetrucks whizz past because there's some kind of field equipment fire just about a mile away.

Just another day in the life of a biker, hey. Puddles, gravel, turkeys and wildlife galore, wild wacky weather. I'd like to hear some of your stories here, too. Pics and stories stories, please....i know ya got em!

Been to zumba 4x this week. Have become very serious now w/ this board in my life and summer around the corner. Main priority is no gut and/or Hi Janes (arm wings). At least make them smaller since i'll never be rid of it/them totally.
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #95  
Biker Chick!

Sun - lol @ Hi Janes I guess I call them 4th Grade Teacher Arms..and I got em! ugh.

When you joined, I thought of us all doing a quick refresher bio

Vermontmom- real name Holly, road name Cupcake, age 52.

Learned to ride my own in 2002.

First bike was a new Honda Shadow VLX 500cc, put about 52,000 miles on it in a few years, then in 2006 a cager left-turned into me. I was fine, just bruised, but it effectively totaled the bike. With the bike coverage, and the settlement from the cager's insurance, I bought a new 2007 Honda VTX1300cc. Put about 40,000 miles on that, and then my dear husband wrecked on it in late 2010 (it was scary, he got a fractured skull but is OK now ) Hardly got any insurance money for that, but bought a very nice, hardly used 2004 VTX in Massachusettes in spring of 2011. And that is my current bike.

this was my first ride on it! I now have a windshield, have to have a shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8_r3doQGo

Husband rides a Kaw Vulcan 1500. I don't have anything against Harleys, just the metrics were priced right and are fine. I rode a Heritage Classic when in AZ and it was great!

I'm married, we have 2 sons, older one (30) came back home to live (but might move soon-ish) and younger one (almost 23) is currently in MI but moving back to Vermont in June with girlfriend. I have 2 seasonal jobs; winter/spring one I hate but it just ended, yay; summer one starts this week (I'm a pastry baker for a private fly fishing club hidden deep in the woods) and I commute 50 miles a day on the bike in beautiful Vermont countryside.

weight story - highest was 176 (except when preggers) and I can maintain around 155 easily, but WANT to get down to low 140's. I don't mind working out, have done so consistently for 10 years now; but i love to eat and hate to be hungry so I suck at diets!! or even trying to do better I feel deprived. Size wise, I have jeans in size 10, 9/11, and one 8. Crazy in sizing!

We have gone to a few bigger bike rallies (Harley Rendezvous in NY; of course Laconia in NH; EasyRiders @ Chillicothe, OH) I don't mind wearing little at the rallies you know how it is when the booze is flowing. We have ridden to those, my longest day was over 500 miles.

who's next

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm next.

2times2much 'cause that's what I weighed! Real name Colleen. Forty-somethin'. From SW Wisconsin. Married (2nd time), 2 kids--all grown up and married too. Daughter and son. 1 grandson, and grandbaby on the way next month.

I lost 85 pounds, went on vacation, gained. Went on vacation again...gained some more! Now 250, trying to find my way back to my "plan" of losing 10 pounds a month. I was doing remarkably well, and then...??? I have no idea. Exercise is not my friend. It should be, I know, but I really hate it! Given the choice to have no supper or walk 3 miles...I would go with no food! Heck, I'd choose no food against 1 mile!

My cycle is a 2011 HD Heritage Softtail. (same V&H pipes as Holly has--I love them!) I have had my DH bike left overs several times, nothing for a year as his Ultra Classic is not easy for me to maneuver. This year I got my own again. I took it to work yesterday--first time out on my own with this bike. I did okay. 17 miles each way, mostly highway. I changed my avatar so you can see me and the cycle both.

I've switched jobs this past month. Still not sure I was made for this position. Medical Supply Company with insurance nightmares! I've spent the last 10 years selling insurance, not this end of it!

We like to camp, ride cycle, take vacations. We have taken several cycle vacations. Went to Tenn., Arkansas, way North Minnesota, way North Michigan... Some on our own, some with friends. We would like to go down to Anamosa, Ia again and visit the motorcycle museum and go to J&P's store.

Holly--love the video!

80 degrees here today. Back to lows in the 30's again this week though. Crazy weather!

Next...
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #97  
Biker Chick!

Interrupting the bios to say Hi I'm on my third day at the summer job I love, Yay!! Just doing pre-opening prep work. My boss told someone that it was my 13th season there, which is true, and I'm glad he knows how long I've been there too

I'm having a issue with my bike!! it is something that has happened twice before. It happens when I crack hard on the throttle. First time, I revved at someone to let them know I was there, they pulled out in front of me and then we were in slow traffic, so I revved, fell back, revved, fell back to let them know I was pissed BUT immediately, my bike started to hesitate and pop and falter. And it did that the whole way home, at any speed. Sounded like an old school chopper, popping, farting, hesitating. I worried about it for a couple days; made sure I had a tank of fresh gas, DH did check my spark plugs; and then it just stopped occurring and ran smooth again.

Next time was when I accelerated hard to pass someone and the same thing happened immediately afterward. That time, I waited a day, while still riding ti to work and back, experiencing the same (and stalling when trying to start out in 1st, which sucked at intersections) then made an appt with mechanic and on the way riding to mechanic, it smoothed out

Well a couple days ago, I was on the way home (bike has been running perfectly for weeks now) and completely forgot about NOT doing this, and revved hard to have fun getting up a hill at 70 mph and damn its happened again.

It's got to be either fuel or air intake related, right?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi Girls

I suppose my turn

My name is Reda (Rita) just spelled differently- anyways I am 43 been with my husband 27 years and we have 2 boys 24 and 22 with 1 granddaughter 10 months old- such a cutie!!!! Should change my avatar because I no longer have the chopper sold it and bought a 2010 Roadking back in 2011
have been working on blinging it out and yes I need to take pics and get them posted- I started officially riding in 2000 started out with a Vstar 650 had it for about 30 days before going to a Vstar 1100 then in 2007 I bought an Ironhorse Legend chopper the one in the picture again sold it and bought the HD Roadking
Well I never had weight issues of any kind till about 18 years ago - well I gained well over a 100 pounds while prego but lost it all with 6 months but for whatever reason started gaining and here I am - I did lose about 25 pounds last year and have pretty much maintained ever since- I am much like Holly don't mind putting in the exercise but just can't get the eating under control, and summer well it sure doesn't help with riding and racing! Oh yes my oldest son also drives a race car so that keeps up very busy every weekend.... I do have to say he is 2-0 right now!!! whooop whooop
I am an operations manager for a convience store chain -- very stressful some days but others not so bad, I am pretty spoiled actually
I have been president/vice of our local Eagle Riders Riding Group for the last 4 years but decided this year someone else needed to take over for a change so they voted DH in - probably cause they know I will step up

Well we had our 3rd annual spring poker run today and only 20 people showed up because of our crazy weather - high 55 with 30 mph winds with up to 50 mph gusts and yes it was freakishly windy- I hate it......
Oh ya we do also like to take vacations- we always take a tropical vacation in January/Feb to get away from these South Dakota winters- and we always go to Sturgis in August but its only 450 miles away from where we live=
plus then we usually try to take a weekend vacation once a month somewhere even if it is only 120 miles away

Holly that is great news that your summer boss realizes how much time you have put into your job there It sounds like maybe air intake - If I remember right I do believe my 2000 yamaha vstar had same issue and we had an after market intake on it-

Off to bed kept the grandbaby overnight last night and she slept but she moves around alot even in play pen I could hear her moving so then I would get up to make sure she was still sleeping, so needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night

Have a great night ladies
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. Well I'm a happy camper. I got the new battery installed on my bike today. Took it for a very short ride cuz I was not dressed for riding but it was great none the less. It started up with no problem after sitting all winter with no battery in it for me to start it up once in awhile to make sure nothing got plugged up.

I'm on the look out for a new helmet. I bought one last a yr & half ago but I dont really care for it & my origanal helmet is a fullface that is a bit scratched up. It also gets pretty hot during the summer.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Happy Mothers Day- you are all great moms and biker chicks!!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Happy Mothers Day to you all!!!!!

Well, I guess it is my turn. My name is Tammy. I live in Arkansas. I have two grown sons, one just graduated from pilot school in April, the other is graduating from HS this Friday. I have been riding since 2006, I started out on a 1996 Honda shadow, then a 08 Sportster Roadster, then 09 Dyna (which I rode to Vegas and got married on), now I have a 2010 Road "Queen" or technically it is a RoadKing.
I am a medical coder at UAMS where I attempt to teach new doctors how to code correctly.
This is my 3rd marriage.

Reda, Holly, Colleen, Can you believe tomorrow is FOUR years ago that I rode to Vegas and got married? Time flies. I remember yall helping me getting me prepared to go. It has been an adventure for sure.

I went to New Mexico this past THursday, it was NOT a fun trip. You all know I have told you that my Mother was not the mothering type, she was a raging alcoholic.... well, she passed away Thursday. She was holding on and they believe it was for me to get there. I did get there in time to talk with her (she was not verbal) but she did cry when I told her I was there and I knew she did the best she could while raising us and that I loved her. She was dead 3 hours later. I have had an emotional few days over that..... and staying with my sister was CRAZY..... I won't go into details.... but I thought I was depressed before I went down there..... turns out I don't have anything to be depressed about and life is great in AR. Lol. I am just thankful I don't live down there in that "drug infested mess". I came home with a new perspective.

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. My oldest son fixed my home office up..... it is AWESOME! I am very thankful.

Holly, I am glad you are at the job you love!

Colleen, we are both on the sucky part of losing weight.... but I know we can do it. I hope you find a job soon you like.

Reda, How is the bling coming? And when you first got the RoadKing was it a bit heavy in the front end for you? Mine seems like she is soooo heavy up top.... maybe just me.

I will gab more later.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #102  

Tammy, so sorry to hear of your trip to New Mexico. Glad you got there in time to have a lil' chat with your Momma. Happy Anniversary to you and DH!

Dawn, great that your bike started right up, and you got to take a ride. I bot a 1/2 helmet this year. Not as safe, i know, but thought I might actually WEAR it if it wasn't so hot!

Reda, sounds like DS is right on track for an awesome race year! Too funny about Dh being President of the club!

Holly, hope you get the bike issue figured out. Happy for you that you are back in your good job! Nice to be appreciated!

Hi Sunster, hi Aaron.

I'm kinda on track for diet...salad one day, noodles the next! Down a couple of pounds. I HAD to finish off the Oreo cookies to get rid of them! Now it's safer around the house!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #103  
Biker Chick!

Tammy - sorry I am days late in responding, I am sorry about your trip to say goodbye to your mom, but I am glad you were able to do that...and yikes at what it was like to stay with your sister, LOL @ your new perspective! Hah! Hey that is nice that your older son fixed up your home office

If I had to guess how many years it was when you rode to Vegas, I would have said 2!! that is crazy that it's been FOUR! Happy Anniversary to you two

Yes I am loving being back at the Club, and I went ahead and signed on to work in the dining room for Wed, Thurs and Friday nights, which probably means I'll spend those nights sleeping there too, last year the Club was so booked I had to share a tiny room with another co-worker (young girl) and one night slept on the floor, hah!

We had such fine weather for a couple weeks, now it's been COOL and cloudy and yes there were a few of those darn white flakes around yesterday! go away cold weather! I want to get my annuals and get the deck nice so I can be out there in the mornings with coffee and computer and listen to the birds and love the month of May

DH tinkered with my bike and says it's OK at least for a bit, and for me to get it to the mechanic, unless it solves itself which it did last year, ON the way to the mechanic. But its too cold for me anyway (low 50's and no sun in the day)
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #104  

I was contemplating riding the cycle to work today. I think I would have made it home--but barely, before the thunder and rain hit! Hoping for tomorrow.

Todays adventure was stepping on a BAT in my flip-flops as I went out the door to turn on the sprinklers this morning. OMG! Scared the dickens out of me! Creeped me right out! I smucked it with a snow shovel and ran. Yes RAN. Funny exercise plan huh!?

Anyone go camping in the summer? We have plans for Memorial Day weekend, and Father's Day weekend so far.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #105  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I was contemplating riding the cycle to work today. I think I would have made it home--but barely, before the thunder and rain hit! Hoping for tomorrow.

Todays adventure was stepping on a BAT in my flip-flops as I went out the door to turn on the sprinklers this morning. OMG! Scared the dickens out of me! Creeped me right out! I smucked it with a snow shovel and ran. Yes RAN. Funny exercise plan huh!?

Anyone go camping in the summer? We have plans for Memorial Day weekend, and Father's Day weekend so far.
Colleen I read about the BAT-venture on Facebook, you are so very funny with your writing

we only do a day or two of camping in the summer, we tent. Not that comfy for the over-50 set, lol.

Today is Opening Day at the club where I work, finally! and I (foolishly?) signed on to also work the dining room at night for the next 3 nights, (good money making opportunity) and i will just sleep over there, hopefully I can get a room either by myself, share with a female co-worker, or worst case scenario is on the floor in a sleeping bag in my walk-in closet! had to do that one night last year. Hey, that counts as camping

Too cold this morning!! its 30 . I WANT to ride to work but I would freeze for 25 miles at that.

i'm bringing my Kindlefire so hopefully I can get wifi from my closet to say Hey