Hawt-est Biker Chicks and Dudes, 2013!

You're on Page 5 of 31
Go to
  • Okay, I'm back.
    Sorry. It's been a month since checking in here! So much going on. So rotten at the WL and dieting that I've been totally ashamed of myself!

My old boss passed away. Funeral was nice--many people there!

Grandson just turned 1. Really a cutie! Grandbaby #2 will be here in June.

I quit my job. Last day is tomorrow. I gave 3 weeks notice. I have another job starting on my birthday, Monday. It is still 17 or 18 miles away, but still way closer than what I have now. I will be working for a medical equipment company. I have Friday off in between jobs for a break!

2 weeks from Friday we go on vacation. A cruise. Sure hope we don't have that horrible luck that so many others have had recently with their cruise vacations!

I bought a motorcycle again. 2011 Harley Davidson Heritage. Has 3700 miles--so nearly new, with the benefit of having someone else spending the fortune on the extras! Buying a cycle wasn't in the plans, but I really took a liking to this one! I'll need to relearn to ride! Been a while.

Lots of news from you all for me to catch up on!

Congrats to Dawn and fiancé! Hope you are on the road to recovery too.

Holly, I hope your time at the icky job goes quickly! Also hope that thing get better for DH. Stressful for everyone!

Reda, anytime you can come back from Vegas with ANY money, it's a good vacation! Welcome back. The LED lights sound awesome! We recently saw a trike with the lights. Very nice!

Tammy, a visit would be fun. I have no intension on going back to Arkansas in the summer again anytime soon, although 75 degrees right now sounds very inviting! LOL at your hooker boots! Congrats on getting the job offer, even if you have decided it's not a good time for a move right now. And yes, I can gain back 25 pounds! You weren't alone on that one!

Hi Aaron.

I'll try harder to check in more often. It's sure a lot more fun when on a high, feeling good, and not feeling so sorry for myself, tired, cranky and out of control.

Hope you all have a happy Easter this weekend!
  • Holly, great job on the exercise and diet. And I am sooo sorry about DH and the job situation. Mine was part of the reason I got the job in FL, but when it came down to it, he could not let go.

Reda, How is your job going? I haven't heard much about it.

Colleen, I am sorry about your former boss passing away. It must be tough. And CONGRATS on the new job and bike!!! Look at you go. You should be fine learning to ride again... its just like riding a bike.... lol. I couldn't help myself on that one, especially since you are our jokester.

Dawn, 3 pounds is great! I am sure you are well on your way of getting back to par. Those surgeries knock the wind out of ya for awhile.

Well, I have had a lot of stressors, but I guess that is just life. I am diet yo yoing again..... not exercising, yada yada yada..... We tried to buy a house... it fell through. I am just disgusted.... cranky, etc. I guess it was not the best time in the world to try to switch my "happy pills", although they were making me more sleepy than happy.

Well, I am gonna get off here and try to get some sleep....

Tammy
  • Hello!
    Colleen, it was so good to hear from you sorry about your former boss though..I guess what my grandmother would call 'a blessed release'.

saw your bike on FB but congrats again!! It'll all come back to you, fer sure!

And you will get back to your weight loss groove again I know. Oh and gosh you start the new position on Monday! not much time off!

Tammy, oh so sorry about the house deal falling through, that is major. And jeez you're having problems with a med not doing what it should? sucks!

Hi Dawn, Reda, Aaron

Has anyone been on their bikes yet?! (Tammy you have already at least once, right?) Our driveway (not paved) is a muddy thick mess right in front of the garage. And of course there is still a ton of gravel and sand and salt on the roads. When I feel it's safe for me, that's when I'll hint to DH or DS that I want my bike out But we've only had a couple days when it's been sunny and near 40. Today got to about 44 with sun! warm!

I've been burning with up with the workouts! still loving the www.FitnessBlender.com site. And been doing SO well with eating too. Weird for me

I have to work tomorrow from 11 am to whenever!! Rat B*stard Boss 'has not decided' what time the store will close tomorrow. Could be 4 pm, could be regular 6 pm. Jerk. Well today marks 2 weeks that is all I have left there, YAY.
  • Hi girls and Aaron

Well we got into the upper 50's so we went riding yesterday and then for just a bit today- not quite as warm or sunny- whoo hooo

Collen nice looking new bike you have - you will get right back into the groove of riding just as Tammy said just like riding a bicycle
    Sorry to hear about your boss- but good luck with your new job on Monday

Just in case I don't get time to check in tomorrow
    Happy Easter!!!!!
  • Reda I am happily jealous that you have gotten out to ride!!

Well yesterday at work, at 3 pm, was when the Rat Bustard decided the store would stay open til regular time, 6 pm. I think it just sucks to do that, leave an employee hanging and not knowing when they're gonna go home on a holiday. AND he bailed at 5 pm, his wife bailed at 5:30 pm, leaving me alone Maybe it's easy for me to say, but if I owned a store, I would NOT ask an employee to do something I was not willing to do.

SIGH but just 12 more days...

We had some rain last night which was nice to hear, but still lots of snow to get rid of.

have a great day

*edit Oh yeah my main reason for posting, was to confess my Easter treats!! I had 3 Rees's peanut butter eggs, 2 Cadbury eggs, one russel stover egg, and macaroni and cheese that took up half my plate and it was all so good!!! My first 'no-no's' in 2 weeks though so I am back on the strict wagon today.
  • Reda, I am glad you got to ride. How did it feel? Isn't it so refreshing?

Colleen, How did your first day of work go?

Holly, I have been on a binge since I can't tell you when..... but it sounds like you have been rocking it. And I TOTALLY agree with you.... If I owned a business, I would NOT ask an employee to do something I would not. And, it SUCKS for him to leave you hanging. It is bad enough you had to work all day, but even worse you were left hanging. Holly, you are so customer service oriented.... why don't you have your own café?

Dawn, hope you are doing well, especially with your return to work upcoming.

This week, (tomorrow night), I leave for Ft. Rucker Alabama to watch my oldest DS graduate as a pilot.... I am sooo excited and I cannot tell you how proud of him I am. I wish DS2 would follow suit.... but I will just keep praying. I don't expect him to be a pilot... but a productive member of society would be great!!

So, I have something to discuss with you all. *This is long and whiny** Things are HORRIBLY Rocky with DH and I.... A small part is him... a lot is me. I have decided to stop taking my "happy pill" Celexa, b/c of the side effects. It is supposed to be weight neutral, but since I started taking it... I have gained 30 pounds and I cannot stick to a diet to save my life.... They switched me to Wellbutrin.... and I cannot handle it. It makes me horribly aggressive and mad at the world. So, I called into work today to try to get through some of the w/d.... but DH took off work too. I am sooo in need of alone time and he just doesn't get it. I try to explain about the medication but that does not mean anything to him.... I try to spare him from my horrible attitude, but he insists on being right by me 24/7. I think it is b/c he had other wives cheat on him and leave him behind his back... but it is driving me batty. I don't want to be around me.....so why would anyone else b/c I am so cranky. I tell him I am cranky.... but he still insists on acting like everything is normal and he is glued to me. I just don't know what to do. So, just a bit ago, I told him I did not want him to go to graduation with me b/c I am too on edge and he seems to make it worse. I think some of it is his issue dealing with his mom dying..... but inside... I am dying. Ok, I am done ranting....

Ok... I am done. Hope yall have a good day.
  • PS..... Holly, I did not know you were into the Walking Dead..... I could not believe the finale..... so I wonder what next year will be like with everyone in the prison.... Guess we have to wait to find out.

Maybe by the time the next season starts, I will be back on track with eating and exercising.
  • Tammy, first HUGE congrats on your son's graduating, I know how proud you must be, what a great young man

second..i am so sorry about your strife with DH and the dissatisfaction with the meds!! gawd, weight gain or feeling mad at the world, sucks!! and I don't know how to advise about DH being glued to you..i would hate that also especially after trying to explain how I felt. I guess he is trying to show his support and love and how awkward to try to say 'back off'! I hope with all my heart that it gets better for you

HI to everyone else

Only 8 more wakeups and I will be done with the winter job, YAY. Tammy, i came So very close about 15 years ago to having my own place, even got the Small Business Admin. loan acceptance but getting to that point had taken so long, i got discouraged.

Yeah, I took our bathroom scales out to the garage 2 weeks ago, thinking that I was going to be so happily surprised next time I weighed. I have had a *few* no-no's but mostly on track, so I was so very disappointed when I caved yesterday and brought the scale back in the house, and I am the same. Even more than my ticker ,I am 152. and I did measure 3 weeks ago, and NO changes. It makes you want to then then many
  • I got to ride today!!! It was COLD, but worth it! You will all be out and about soon too!

Tammy, I can relate to the drug change situation. I was on Celexa too. With an insurance change, I needed to change medicine. Welbutrin was the next choice. I'm okay now, but I sure didn't think it was helping at all! It also has been no help with WL. Good luck. Everyone reacts different with medication. Quite a long time ago I was on Paxil. I am happy to be off that!! I was very aggressive, and really not myself when taking that. (nobody died...)

Week 1 of work is done. I spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing. I question if I made a good choice when I found out there have been 5 gals in my position in the last few years. Something isn't right! I have another opportunity, but the shift is 11-8. Not the best shift in the world, but weekends off, and similar pay. Apply or not? Haven't decided.

Holly, I agree. You should have your own place! You would be a great boss! You are an exercise queen it sounds like too. Maybe have a bake shop, with exercise place attached. Everyone can eat hardy, the go work it all off!

Reda, glad you are having some warmer weather to ride in! I'm gonna have to check on the LED lights. They would be fun!

Dawn, hope you are feeling better and able to tolerate work okay. Things getting back to normal?

Hi Aaron.

I am getting a bit too big for my britches! Literally! Uncomfortable! I MUST start to behave!
  • Reda, how was the ride????? Did you get the new bags finished and on the bike?

Holly, GREAT less than a week left of wake ups. How long do you have between jobs?

Colleen, I have been in your place more than once in reference to the jobs with high turn over. One turned out to one of the best learning jobs I had and I worked there for years. The other was right down the drain and I had replaced a supervisor that had been there 14 years.... It was pretty tough. I hope you find resolution.

Dawn and Aaron, how are yall?

I got to ride some yesterday. It was beautiful and 70ish. I am getting used to Ms. Road Queen. If it warms up to 59 in the AM I will try to ride like I used to in what it seems like eons ago.

So...... we are trying for the house again (the one here in town). We both want out of this house pretty bad. It is a depressing dungeon to me..... and it is hard on DH b/c of his mom. So, wish us luck. We put our house on CL for a quick sale. I know it sounds "brattish" but I really just want a different house in a different side of town. At one time this was a good part of town.... now all the houses are rent houses. We had a guy try to hook up cable from our pole last night.... DH caught him and stopped him, but today DH walked outside that guys shades were in our yard.... which meant he did it after we went to bed. Ok, how brazen do you have to be to try to steal Especially since you know the house is armed to a "T" and there is a 120 pound lab that does not like strangers in HIS yard. lol.

Well, I have gabbed enough. I hope I have good house news when I get back on..... hopefully we are knee deep in a house deal. Btw, the reason the house is so important is b/c it has all of our storeage needs..... its hard when you have as many "vehicles" as us. 2 HD, 1 car, 1 truck, and police car... not to mention if my DS comes over.

Rambling again..... but I gained all my weight lost at WW back plus .2 pounds.... so I am back on the program.....
  • Have to go back to work Monday night Not looking forward to it. I had an interview on Tuesday that hopefuly they will call back for a 2nd this week. Normal hours again would be nice.

I went to Acute care on Saturday cuz I woke up with no voice. I wanted to make sure it was no biggie since I have to go back to work. Just laryngitis, no strep. My room mate also has the beginning of the itchy throat which is how mine started out as. BF is coming down with something too, not sure what hes getting though cuz he has different symptoms. When I was at Acute care I hoped on the scale. That scale said I gained 10lbs since being off which is completely different then the one from my checkup. I liked what the one from my checkup said but I think the acute care is more accorate. Hopefully after I get back to work I hope I can get back on track & loose what I gained.
  • Dawn, good luck heading back to work.

Tammy, hope you and DH are able to make the move to a different home. Storage makes a huge difference! It's amazing how we can manage to fill it up though--no matter how you start with! 70 degrees sounds nice. Snow/rain mix here today.

Winter job is nearly over Holly! Hang in there!

We're counting days until vacation on Friday. New place had some nerve regarding vacation. Reminded them that I told them before I was hired that I was taking vacation regardless of my employment with them. Grrr... I also requested 2 days off around July 4th. They informed me I was low man on the totem pole. I hate starting at the bottom again.

Hi Reda. Hi Aaron.

Hope everyone is able to get some riding time in!
  • just a quick HI to complain and whine that I've got the worst head cold ever serves me right for bragging that I haven't gotten sick in so long, lol. But i feel awful. thank goodness for 2 days off to try to recover. My head feels like concrete, my ears are ringing, my nose is squirting

our weather is cold, wet, dreary, but OMG I see one of our friends is SD has had almost 2 feet of snow!! Reda, did you get hit by the white stuff??
  • Worked 2 days this week (24hrs) Glad its done. Not much has changed & really wishing that I could just do what I do & not need to go to the meeting or listen to the BS from the other people. I did not get the position they offered it to someone else. But I guess in away thats best since we plan on getting married next yr & want to use our vacation for it. I am trying to get transfered into a different group not that it will be any better but atleast it will be new BS for awhile.
  • Wow I got some catching up to do - but real quick yes we are getting rain, sleet, ice and now we are suppose to get a foot of snow
    This morning literally I had over 3 inch thick ice covering the car so let the car run for over an hour and still have to bang and scrape......

But now it is already 11pm adn I am so ready for bed- but I do have to say this last week I lost 5 pounds and seriously I have done nothing but eat and eat junk like ice cream sandwich every day- fried chicken, lasagne, potatoes, burritos etc.... but need to stop because I am sure that 5 will come back in 1 day!!!! I will check back in and read up tomorrow have a good night