Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. Still kinda crazy here. I had my surgery about 2 weeks ago. Im doing good. I do have to say it has been harder then I expected but I am finaly getting to the point that I can move around & get out more. Ive been going stir crazy here in the apt but everytime I go out & get home I am just wiped. But then I guess living on the 3rd floor & dealing with those stairs have a lot to do with that. I dont see the Dr till the 25th. Next week BF & I have another funeral to go to in Atlanta. This time we will be sharing a hotel room with 1 of his EX wives & her sister. 1 of BF other EX wife did my taxes for me. She does his every yr I asked if she could do mine too since this was my 1st yr being divorced & being able to claim DS yet. She did great, she got me back more then I expected. Spent it already. Paid off 2 credit cards, 1/2 of another & used the remaining for a down payment on a 2007 Jeep. I am very happy/excited cuz all during my marriage my EX made me feel like what I made & my credit was crap so everything we go was cuz of him. All new cards & loans were in his name. I guess that might have helped me as nothing was put in my name other then what was in my name before we got married. I talked to the bank guy & I actually qualified for more then what I was asking which is nice to know. I still have the stress of DS but I am trying to stay quite but I do keep checking his account to make sure they do not over draft. I can tell by looking at it they both have a lot to learn. More her cuz he takes out a large sum for him but I see what she takes out & Im not sure why she spending what she is but I gotta keep qite & just let DS know when it gets down low so he can tell her not to spend any more till next check.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

A quick hello from sunny FL!!!! I interviewed, got the job.... Not sure I will accept... In fact almost sure I won't. Money was not what it was supposed to be. DH won't have a job.... Housing issues. I will let u more later.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on the job interview even if you don't accept- that was the same thing with me but not sunny FL it was AZ..... some days I wish I would have taken the job though

Dawn glad to hear you are feeling better from surgery and that you were able to get some bills paid off with your tax return- it sure is nice when that happens less payments whoo hooo

Well it was a late night and I am going to bed early tonight besides we also have time change as well
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #49  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks and Tammy congrats that they want you! too bad the money is not what you expected though.

Hi Dawn good to hear from you, as always best wishes to the son and DIL.

Hi Reda, yay for your fender, and can you tell us about the pink/purple glow lights?

My DH got his bike out for a quick ride yesterday, he said it felt great. I'd be very tempted; but there is still so much sand/gravel on the roads and at intersections and corners you can just see it in piles, too dicey for me for now.

Yesterday at work a guy pulled up on a BMW that had a sidecar that had the cutest golden retriever as the passenger!! it was the kind of sidecar that looks like a pointy capsule, and is completely enclosed (top lifts up) What a kewl thing
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #50  
Biker Chick!

Hey everyone We had rain all day on Tuesday, everyone at work was all because they want SNOW and I was all on the inside, lol. So much snow was melted and snowbanks disappearing from all that rain. but this morning a fresh white coat of the white stuff. It's only the middle of March so that's to be expected for weeks more.

Nothing new with me, I want SO MUCH to work on the flab around my hips and overall..just weighing 145 again would be so great. I start out each morning so good and by evening I feel I've wrecked again. Same ol' same ol. But usually by this time (mid-March) I've started or been on South Beach. I have two months until my summer job, when I have to be able to wear tee shirts and not feel like everyone is commenting on my fat arms. God i'm vain

I keep pluggin along well with my exercise, though, I will give myself a pat for that. I am really diggin this website www.fitnessblender.com for their full length workout vids. It takes me a couple minutes though to punch in the address on the dvd remote (I view them via youtube) , I haven't figured out how to mark it and zoom right to it.

Well today is my Sunday and I need to do laundry, clean up, all the things I blew off yesterday.

I have been researching new m'cycle boots, I kinda melted one of my boots last year by putting it too close to the heater to 'warm up' before a ride I got these X Element boots a couple years ago; can't remember why I switched to another pair, did they wear out or maybe a strap broke? can't remember. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Womens-Mo...ots/47419.html
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly, I like the boots!!!! I have started reusing some of my out of season boots for riding... DH calls them my hooker boots... Lol. I think they look hawt tho!! And if my body can't be hawt... Why not at least have not boots??? Well I fell off WW stress eating over Florida.... The final verdict... I will stay in Arkansas. I couldn't pull off the move now. Maybe one day....

So, tomorrow I am starting WW over...

Today was 75 and sunny!!!! Too bad I had to work.... Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. I can't wait to ride. Now Monday maybe snowing... Gotta live it here.

Holly, I can't believe it's close to your summer job time... That's a good thing tho.

Read, I can't wait to see the bags!! And I know I will regret not taking the job in FL... But my job here has awesome benefits.

So.... Just an idea... I think we should try to plan to meet in person somewhere centrally... Next year... Maybe early spring??? What do y'all think? Or maybe late fall???

Colleen, Dawn, Aaron... How are y'all??
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #52  
Biker Chick!

Tammy I would LUV to meet you guys!! I hope it can come together somehow BEST WISHES on starting WW fresh today. And OMG sunny and 75! we got fresh snow overnight, grrr . And if you decided the FLA move was not the thing for you, then that is good.

I also would LOVE to be able to ride in some hot boots, something with a definite heel! are you able to manage riding with a heel? I've searched and searched for something that is a blend between functions and fashion but have to always go with something with grippy soles and solid protection in ankle and toes. I have had a bike fall on my foot and good boots will keep you from getting even a scratch.

HEY - I've done good with eating for 2 days in a row! that is fantastic for me lately and I did a LONG workout yesterday with my new fave www.fitnessblender.com site (I really don't receive anything from them for pushing them, lol) today I am SORE in my arms and pecs from yesterdays pushups. I haven't been sore in years so it shows I need variety!! I do drip sweat and pant each time I do my favorite Gilad and Cardio Force but I am never ever sore from them anymore.

I have my personal deadline of 2 months from now, back at my GOOD job, and I have to be able to wear t shirts without being self conscious of my arms or the extra weight around my middle, I WILL work towards my goal of rockin my midriff for anyone to see, if I have to reach up for something and tummy gets exposed. So I have to melt off this extra weight for my good abs to show.

AND as of today, only four weeks of the sucky winter job left!! Last day is Sat. April 13th. I ... will ... make ... it... without...hurting ... anyone

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-16-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #53  
Biker Chick!

Colleen - you lucky girl, you!! congrats on the bike !!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #54  

Hi ladies and Aaron--- Well just got back home today - it was a great few days away, left Vegas with $30 more than I went with and I usually pay for all food and shopping then onto Phoenix we went for a few days and boy being there was great to, actually got to go lay in the pool for a couple of days, but also realize time to get back to the gym immediately and back on the watch what I eat plan!!!!

Yes it would be great if we could all meet up somewhere- even if we can't ride and we have to fly, there are some good cheap flights out there - shoot my travel agent sent me an email today flights to Hawaii $119 non stop, now thats cheap!

Holly less than a month before summer job, you can make it
Oh and my pink/purple LED lights that I will put under my tank, saddlebags, and also under seat by motor, I actually got on ebay 4 strips for $20 and they have sticky back, DH installed a switch and attached all of them to the switch so that I can turn off and on with a flip of the switch, he placed on the right hand side kinda under seat so noone else will see it. We have checked it out with others doing it and it was going to cost any where from $350-$600 doing it ourself is way cheaper and easy as pie Looks just as good as well

Tammy time will come that you will decide the time is right to move, we are in the same boat, it is winter and warmer weather always looks better when we are in the height of our winter months.

Got a few more parts while gone will hopefully get done later this week and then I will try to get outside to get some pics posted

Well this time change is not going to be good it is already 11 and I should be in bed but not tired because for the last week we have had a 2 hour advantage
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #55  
Biker Chick!

Welcome Back Reda!! you must have had a GREAT time and oh boy to lay by the pool!!

Hey those lights sound awesome, yes I have seen the LED's for sale and boy are they pricey...it is so great you got them for a freakin fraction of the price and your DH installed them with an easy switch!

Well this morning we already shoveled / blew the 4" of powdery white crap and much more is to come. I just hope the worst of it holds off til I get home tonight, then I'll deal with shoveling tonight and on my day off tomorrow.

Work is getting SO hard to get through, my patience is GONE. With customers, with co-workers, with my rat b*st*rd of a boss. A co-worker told him that she knew I had to wait 20 minutes on Friday night for the credit card machine to spit out it's batch report (so I could bundle the report with the credit card receipts for the day)

He acknowledged that I don't have to wait for that anymore, that I can leave it and the girl in the morning can take care of the slips..but not a word about my 1/3 of an hour that will not get paid You must all be sick of my rants against him I hope Karma takes care of him in this life or another! My only revenge is to make people's sandwiches with a ton of meat and cheese, to know that would make him freak.

I've gone FIVE DAYS without a cookie or pastry from work!! Haven't done that since early February. Hope I can keep it up And trying to do a different FitnessBlender workout each day to challenge myself. AND keep off the scale for as long as I can! Actually going to ask DH to hide the scale in the house (or outside) because it just crushes me to not see quick results. I can certainly use my tight jeans (again with the ) as a guide.

Hi Tammy, Colleen, Dawn and Aaron
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #56  

Hi everyone. I am doing better. Soon I will need to go back to work My check up is on the 25th but Im hoping to talk the Dr into letting me go back after Easter weekend if not later. The 1 incision I scratched in the middle of the nite & it ended up getting infected while I was on a trip to Atlanta for another funeral. My Dr faxed a prescription me so maybe that will work in my favor in getting a little more time off. I have not jumped on a scale or worn any real pants other then sweat pants. I feel like I have gained so Im afraid to find out the results.

I have some good news (surprising but good) BF & I have talked about marriage for the last few months. A couple weeks ago we ordered a ring for me. It came in yesterday. He made it official my getting down on 1 knee & asking. During our trip to Atlanta we talked about what we wanted. We have decided to take our 3 weeks vacation next yr & drive up to Niagara Falls. We sat here last nite looking on Ebay at dresses (nontraditional) we saw alot of nice ones but couldnt make up our minds what we like best. We want something with color. Needless to say planning a wedding again I will do my best to not gain anymore weight.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #57  
Biker Chick!

Dawn - sorry so late but CONGRATS!! on your engagement that is so nice. Many many years of happiness to you and your guy

Well I broke my streak of being OP on one day, but am right back to the strict wagon. Have also been working out harder/longer (as you have seen on my FB page, been posting about my daily FitnessBlender workouts).

And I took the bathroom scales and put them out in the garage. My theory (!) is that if I stick to my plan, the weight WILL come off eventually and jeez, it just slays me when I hop on the scale to see something good and it shows a gain. You know how it is!!

We are still deep in snow and ice and cold, grrr.

Well I am procrastinating on my workout so I'd better choose sometihing and do it. have a great day all
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #58  

Congrats Dawn!!!!

Holly I have noticed you have been rocking the exercise WTG
I seen fitnessblender has an 8 week program are you following that?

Well I have been lazy just to lazy so tonight I am getting my clothes together and heading to the gym in the morning - I just have to go one day then I am back in my routine

Snow today - sucks but we are suppose to get in the 50's Friday so hopefully I will get to ride will have to be careful because of sand but so ready !!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #59  

Thx You.

Had my checkup yesterday. Dr removed my stitches. She said everything looks good. Shes not worried about my belly button that had gotten infected. I get 2 weeks off then 2 weeks working from home before having to go back into the office. I need to get up to par again on being able to carry my computer bag around again. I lost muscle & feel very week that I dont think I could carry it if I had to go back to work now. I cant even wear normal pants yet cuz they rub at my belly button. Each time I try I end up up unbuttoning my pants & unzipping them. Then I sit there & keep pulling my shirt down so no one sees I undid my pants. 1st thing I do when I get home is change into my sweats. Found out that I only gained 3lbs this last month of being home. I could have sworn that it was more then that so I am happy that it was only 3lbs.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #60  
Biker Chick!

Dawn, I'm glad the doctor is pleased, but I'm sorry about the belly button issue! sure hope it heals up SOON.

Hi Reda! Yes I'm been blogging about my daily workouts, it's keeping me accountable. Had one naughty eating day, but that's all! and I don't know if I told you all here but I took our bathroom scales out to the garage!! I have to stay off it for at least 3 weeks, to keep from going crazy with up and downs.

You asked about FitnessBlender's 8 Week Program, I would love to get it, but it's an e-book and I can just see myself not understanding how to access it or deleting it by mistake or something, lol.

DH is VERY stressed about work and threatening to quit, that scares me!! I am pretty sure he wouldn't quit unless he had something else lined up but it is also scary how intense he is feeling about hating his boss. And he doesn't tell me much, but I can tell he is impatient about me asking, so what the heck do I do.

Well tonight is my Friday night, YAY. And yes the countdown is getting closer to getting out of the stinky winter job.