3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Hawt-est Biker Chicks and Dudes, 2013! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/274483-hawt-est-biker-chicks-dudes-2013-a.html)

ChopperChick355 06-16-2014 07:34 PM

Hi Girls!!!

Well I am finding now that I am on the computer a lot during the day that I don't get on much when I get home- well fallen off the wagon bad- not doing anything, eating right, exercising go figure! You would think with summer I would be motivated but nope not one single bit :(

Holly glad to hear you are getting to ride, at least some. We were going for ride on Saturday I had absolutely no front brake, hubby is pretty sure when when they changed the tire that the rotor may have gotten bent alittle, so ordered new rotors last night.

We have been having severe weather today but Pilger, NE about 70 miles from us got hit with 2 tornado's and it doesn't sound good but as of now only 1 confirmed death but they are still trying to get through a lot of rubble and debris. I hate this kind of weather but it is so unpredictable....

ladyrider72472 06-20-2014 08:55 AM

Reda,
So sorry for the weather. I didn't realize it was so close to you!!!! I do admire the strength and attitude of that little town (what I saw on TV).
As for the not being on program it is sooooo hard!!!!! But you know -- we need to live life healthy--- but life is so much more than counting every calorie!!!!! If that makes sense at all. I think surgery has put that in perspective for me. I was so focused on calories and worrying so much over it-- I forgot to live life. I am trying to do better at that now. I am not perfect-- but better.

How is your grand baby??

Colleen how are you and the crew?? Are u over your crud yet?

Holly-- are you still rebuilding your driveway? :sssh::sssh: lol. How is the summer job going?

So, I am thinking of shifting gears career wise. I am going to do the same thing but possibly at home. I think it's time for a change. With age I am so over the office drama!!!! I am just in the beginning stages of planning..... But it's looking possible.

I am gonna get busy now..... Gab more later.

ChopperChick355 06-22-2014 12:24 PM

Hi girls- just thought I would stop in for a quick Hello!

Colleen seeing pictures of your motorcycle trip look awesome- we are heading out to Deadwood over the fourth but I am riding with DH its just a quick 4 day trip and trying to be more economical about it so leaving my bike home will help with that.

Thanks Tammy for words of encouragement- kudos to you for sticking with your plan and I see just about 60 down with only 30 to go- Yippeee you go girl.

Holly how are things going with summer job this year? Are you getting to go to Chili this year? Haven't been on the other website for quite some time I bet over a year :(

Well I suppose I should get off here and get to work

tymaboy 06-23-2014 11:20 AM

So jealous. I havent had the bike out yet this year. With my neck & shoulder they way they feel & the weather its hasnt worked out very well. I am doing pretty good with maintaining. But then all I have to do is think about how I feel if I eat too much of the wrong stuff is enough to keep me inline, Plus my Greens help to keep my blood level where they need to be. I do spurge a couple times a week. Small ice cream or chocolate pudding with oreos. Cant cut out all the bad stuff :) Ive been going fluxuating from 126 - 130 I am happy with that. As long as I can still fit into what used to be my work clothes (size2-4) I am happy.

Things have been tight this last month & I am looking for another job since my It Works isnt taking off very quickly here in Dbq. Bills have been getting paid so that is good. DH wishes that I didnt have to look he is old school & would like to be able to provide for everything but hard to do when we help our kids too when they need it. Yesterday I had an event & did very good. I was able to buy groceries that we needed with the $$ that I made from it. I am so hoping that is a sign that things will be changing.I have another event this coming weekend too. Hopefully it will go over well too.

ladyrider72472 07-05-2014 05:33 PM

Happy Belated 4th of July. I hope everyone had a fun and safe day.

My day was pretty uneventful. My DH hurt his knee at work pretty bad a couple weeks ago so we are pretty much home bound.... and that means NO riding. "we" are probably done riding for the year. I feel bad taking mine out and him not going. But, we will see..... He is waiting for the orthopedic surgeon to call for an appt. He ripped his ACL and meniscus.

So..... I met my bday goal 6 days early..... I am going to toot my own horn.... or wiggle the carrot for me! :carrot::cool::cool: I have about 20-25 pounds to go. I am already getting the "you need to stop losing" speech from people. I am not even as low as I was before..... but I am going for the gold this time...... I paid a lot of $ for it. Lol. I am still having issues with all kinds of bread. But, it is not too bad. I just make some sort of substitution. We are eating a lot of veggies now b/c I am obsessed with the Farmer's Market. Lol. I did not buy bread for DH this time though b/c he has gained 35 pounds since MY surgery.

I have been kayaking like a fool for exercise. I normally go 45-60 minutes.... every other day for arm work out. I do think I am going to get a treadmill (like my millionth one) and put it on my back deck facing the lake so I can run again. I need to do something for endurance..... but I really don't want to do bootcamp again.... why you ask? Just b/c I don't want to be jumping around anymore..... I just don't. no other reason. I did do Leslie Sansone but for some reason they are a struggle for me to do-- like I just don't want to.... they don't keep my attention anymore. So, even though I am not an avid runner..... and I am really not crazy about it.... I know it works.

There is a chance I maybe changing jobs.... not really sure. Possibly a work at home job..... we will just see how it works out.

I hope everyone is well!!!!

Tammy

tymaboy 07-06-2014 01:47 PM

Hope you all had a great weekend. Good job Tammie!

I ran out of greens yesterday & woke up with a sore throat this morning. Hope it goes away as fast as it came on. I still havent gotten the bike out. Everytime its nice out I'm still a bit too sore to try it. DH & I are talking about getting a trike so we can ride together & not have to worry about it being to hard on me. Only thing with that is they are not cheap & we cant afford 1 at the moment. I also picked up another business the last 2 weeks. Jewelery in Candles. I saw it & fell in love with the idea. Its alot cheaper & easier then the IT Works. Im sticking with It Works but will considerate on JIC We both think that will go much better here in Dbq. Ive been holding steady weight wise so thats good. DS has moved to NC with my folks. Hopefully they can help him get back on track & not have so much drama that was here in Dbq.

ChopperChick355 07-09-2014 09:16 PM

Hello-

WTG Tammy you are doing an awesome job, good luck with the job change and hope that it goes your way :) That just plain sucks that you won't get much riding in this year, but maybe (hopefully) all goes well with DH and you will get to ride some before the end of the year!

Dawn good luck with the Jewelry and Candle business, trikes are nice but yes they are very expensive no matter the brand of bike it is....

Holly hope all is well, see you have your toy run coming up real soon or maybe it was this past weekend..

Well we have made it to hump day! It is really busy at work right now because we are down 2 people and I am doing their jobs right now plus mine so OT I am getting and that is just fine with me :)

Well have a great night and weekend!

VermontMom 07-09-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 (Post 5035791)
So..... I met my bday goal 6 days early..... I am going to toot my own horn.... or wiggle the carrot for me! :carrot::cool::cool: I have about 20-25 pounds to go. I am already getting the "you need to stop losing" speech from people. I am not even as low as I was before..... but I am going for the gold this time...... I paid a lot of $ for it. Lol.
Tammy

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: YAY YOU!!! that is SO great!! :D but so sorry about your DH's knee, and that it might mean you are done riding for the season? :?: I sure hope that changes.

Hi Dawn, Hi Reda!

Having a good time with the summer job :) tomorrow I"m putting together a 'thought of it myself' recipe - a key lime mousse cake, drool.

Reda , this weekend is our local little biker bash, the Bear Bones Bash, I'm not as buff as I usually am so i'm not gonna focus on showing off my midriff as I usually do :( just gonna kick back, drink and enjoy time with friends!

*Almost* lost control of my bike twice on the way home, due to the awful road conditions. Sent a restrained but angry email to the dept of transp. about how motorcycles deserve safety too!! (and signed it "President, United Motorcyclists of Vermont", yeah baby! :devil: )

tymaboy 07-10-2014 12:44 PM

Taking a break from cleaning. BILs kids are coming to pick him up Friday night. Got get some of this dust & fur swept up. We are back to the windows being open again. Love it! I havent had a job outside the home since April & Ive been maintaining so Im happy about that.My launch party for JIC is this Sunday threw Tuesday. Its open to anyone who wants to check it on FB Jewelry in Candles_Dawn People are way less skeptical of it then It Works. Still doing It Works & I also have to start looking for a job outside the home to pay off some bills. Well I guess I better get more stuff done. Even though I dont work outside the home I still stay pretty busy. Enjoy the nice weather!

sunster2 07-13-2014 09:26 PM

Hi Beautiful People!!
R U ready to spank me? Sorry I haven't been on....but....I have thought of you all very very often....does that count?!
So, I retired....had a BIG bash of a party....and then went to SanFrancisco Chinatown to celebrate. Then rode Frank up thru Portland, Seattle and on to Chilliwack, Canada, Vancouver, Victoria and back down to norcal. Only ran in to rain for about 2 hours....it was bad, but i rode out of it 2 hours later.
This wed I'm leaving 4am and hope to be around Barstow area by noon. Same next day to Holbrook Az, then on to Santa Fe. So I'm ridiing into 108 degree temps and the southwest monsoon season....yikes! Sturgis via SLCity on aug 1st. Soooo...is anyone going this year? Reda, pretty sure you're not, but maybe? And hey gurlz....don't forget the Biker Belles ride/fundraiser. It aug 4, i think.
Wowie Tammy...Bravo! Sounds like you're very active now! I love kayaking! And have you tried Zumba?
xoSunset

VermontMom 07-14-2014 06:47 AM

Sunster - Hi!! of course thinking of us counts :) Wow girl you RIDE!! and you are fearless!!! :devil:

VermontMom 07-14-2014 06:51 AM

Oh yeah. Been riding alot because my darn car is STILL not repaired due to the collision from freakin May 28th. It now has an expired June inspection sticker. I have been thinking of making a voodoo doll in the image of the man who caused me this total aggravation :devil: So not fair that it was 100% his fault but I am the one dealing with troubles caused by him. Boooooo :devil:

tymaboy 07-15-2014 03:10 PM

The house sure is different when its just me & the animals here during the day. Dogs are enough to drive me batty! Today it was so cool out this morning that I shut the down stairs windows & lit the fire place up again :) I love to sit & watch it. Its also very calming & relaxing. Tomorow I have an interview. DH is sad that I feel the need to get a job out side the home. He is old school & thinks he should be able to handle everything. I told him I dont have a problem working. I need to contribute too. All though I have gotten used to doing my own thing during the day.

Still havent gotten bike out. I have started it up & sat on it for a bit :( Neck & shoulders still a bit sore. I keep thinking about biting the bullet & just going out! I want to so bad & deal with the pain later (nothing new there) My friend has his bike running again so I could call him up that way he's around incase anything did happen.

My JIC Launch party is going good. Having a blast with it. Meeting new people along with it. People are so much more open to it then the It Works. It ends tonite which is probably a good thing cuz I'm running out of my samples. Hoping I some left to use myself. I have Baby Powder in the warmer now (3rd Day) & oh how I love the smell of it. It makes the place smell clean. Yep I keep finding stuff to spend our $ on that we need to use to pay bills. Oh well gotta have fun, only live once.

I still have the throat thing going on just not as bad. I can talk again but its still scratchy. I have been drinking a lil bit of Whiskey each nite for the last 3 nights. I had gone 2 nites with out it & lost my voice again so I figured if it works go for it! Plus I want to make sure I have a voice for my interview tomorow. I've also dbled my greens the last few days trying to help knock it out of me. Well anyway hope everyone enjoys their day/week. Hope you all stay on track! Im doing Chinese tonite so not too bad but not the best either.

ChopperChick355 07-21-2014 06:39 PM

Hi girls,

Holly that does suck when an accident happens and its not your fault but you have to deal with the aftermath of it all....

Sunster so glad to hear from you, and as for Sturgis well I might be able to make it out the first weekend Aug 1st and will need to come home on the 4th so not sure that we will come out, I say yes and DH says we should say it all for Sept BBBBQ.

Dawn how did your interview go? Have you been offered the job and if so where at? If not good luck in the search, something will come up.

Hi Tammy hope all is well

ladyrider72472 07-26-2014 06:48 PM

Hey all. Sorry it's been so long. Life just gets busy sometimes. So I got a new job .. I will be working in Memphis, which is 65 miles away- but the $ is better and the drive is only 15 minutes longer. I hated to leave UAMS bc the benefits were so good..., but the stress and risk of staying we're not worth it. I will be working for a division of LeBonheur a top children's hospital. I start Monday. My weight is still going down-- it's slower now,but tHats ok.

Holly, how are you?
Reda, are y'all still planning on coming to Bikers,Blues,and BBQ?
Sunster, I admire your ability to just ride!!!!