Old 04-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #361  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hi Beautiful People!

It!s nice to read up on ur lives and it!s good to be back here.

I did a road trip to Az bike week. The friends who were going to come w/ couldn't get out of town and over the Sierras due to a giant storm. I snuck out in a one hour window of dry road opportunity. Since I've done thousands of miles alone, this was no biggie...a healthy two day ride down and back plus a week there...very sweet. Still living out of my packed up bike (Frank)

I weighed this am and my eyes bulged out...one pound away from goal. Now to stay on track and never leave it agin. Wow Tammy...32 pounds!!! I'm wearingsize 10 or 12 jeans depending on cut. Got some hand me down miss mes size 30.

Sunset

Spring has sprung...we all ride soon, right? Who is going to Sturgis?
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Colleen,
I say if weekends "off" the diet works for you (losing 10 a month) go for it! It sounds great.

Holly, I am glad you are getting to start your summer job soon and leaving the dreadful winter job. I know how taxing it is on you.

Sunster, CONGRATS on being so close to goal!!!! I admire your ability to travel alone.

So, I have a long drawn out story so I will try to keep it short..... I have not told many people.... and it is really bugging me. After we got back from Mexico... (2 days after) my DH who has been a cop for almost 24 years got DEMOTED!!!! He is 1 month and 1 year away from 25 years service (which is one tier of retirement) and they demoted him b/c the young guys on his shift with less than 10 years combined service "don't respect him".... well it turns out one of the younger guys has been given my husbands Lt bars, but it is not public yet. It just amazes me how crappy people are. I swear..... I hope one day karma pays this young punk back and he gets this back ten fold....... With the demotion they took my DH days off away. He has had weekends off for a very long time. Now he has to work Sundays..... So, he is trying to find another job b/c historically this department has done this to people and usually they will fire the older person. Arkansas is an "at will state".... so we have no help there...... anyway, I knew I could rant and vent with yall...... Thanks for listening..... it has been tough to watch him go through this betrayal. I think along with the kidney stone, history of WLS, and the stress.... I have been stuck at the same weight for a week. Now I am back to losing.... so maybe the rest of the weight will go with it.

I got to have solid foods this past Friday.... boy it is tough to eat the tiny amount I can..... but I am working on it. I don't want to "stretch" out my tiny tummy.... it cost me a lot.....and probably my DH even more than me.

I am going to get off here.... I will yell at you later. I am hoping to get my bike out next week......
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls!!! Well I was looking back to see where I left off and I don't see my last post anywhere????

Sunster glad to hear you had a great time at AZ bike week! I am so jealous as I do not get any vacation this summer with starting new job I accrue vacation time but can't use till after my 6 months is up....WTG on reaching your goal, I am still just doing nothing, my own fault- I just don't understand why I can not get motivated!!! GRRRR

Tammy so sorry to hear about DH, that does suck and when he only had 1 year and 1 month till retirement- but it does happen around here as well- and SD is an At Will State as well. Glad to hear you are back on your losing streak but stress ya it doesn't help anything.

Holly that is great that you are done with the winter job onto some much needed time off then to the summer job! It probably is harder to find a job that will only want you to work during the winter time and no summers- but maybe your local school would be looking for kitchen help and that's usually only winter months but I think your summer job goes into the beginning school year....

Colleen WTG on sticking to your plan and making it work! DH now only has 570 miles on his new bike that we brought home on Dec 28th so not bad that we could put over 500 miles on through the winter I have taken it around the block but it sit's alittle taller than mine so I am not super comfortable on it. Where is your vacation taking you in I think it was 9 weeks?

oh ya my computer somehow logged me off my internet and do you think we had password anywhere of course not! So over the last week trying to figure it out with DH is always on his and not sharing I really haven't gotten on computer much but today I got it figured out so all is good again!

Well off to take a shower then watch some TV
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

HI EVERYONE. (Ooops) Sounds like everyone is doing OK. Needing some motivation. I have been in a funk (kids related ) Yesterday I busted out bawling on & off all day. I'm trying to give everything time but its hard & hurts. I mind is just so mixed up that I am having hard with spelling, typing sometimes even speaking. Im shakey again. I just dont know what I should do. I had to start taking PM stuff again so I can sleep & pain relief stuff for my head. Im trying to stay upbeat & focus on my It Works business but its very hard when I got people asking about it but not buying.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Depending on just how I stand on the scale, it varies 5 pounds! Tomorrow I have a doctor appt. Maybe I can tell which weight is my actual weight my comparing the numbers. I have had a cough for a couple of months that I just can't seem to shake. It was a rough night trying to sleep--time to get it checked out.

Holly, glad you have some time off. Enjoy! When you run out of stuff to clean, let me know...

Tammy, sorry to hear about DH job. That really sucks! Karma will come around. WooHoo for real food though!

Dawn, I hear ya about being in a funk! Last week I was just wiped out! I got nothing done except helping DS that had hurt his back. The wraps are a pretty new product for people. They will likely sell better after people hear some great reviews form other people.

Reda, LOL about the password. I have too many passwords for different things, and work too that makes us change the passwords regularly! Hard to remember them all!

Sunster, glad you got out during the break in bad weather to enjoy your trip! Congrats on your goal too.

Hi to SMeeker and Leatherman!

Today was a screwy day. I had hamburger for breakfast, cupcake treats at work, salad for lunch and leftover hamburger and taters for supper. I guess all okay except for the breakfast burger. My mom said she had chili for breakfast before!

Hope you all have a great week!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #366  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks!

Tammy - that BLOWS!!! I am so sorry. Your DH must feel so betrayed by the 'brotherhood' . And so close to pension!! really sorry Congrats on being able to manage the tiny amounts of food, you big loser

We haven't got our bikes out yet either, the ice is finally gone (today) from the front of the garage, but our driveway is a mud pit.

Reda, oh passwords are a pain! sorry to hear you don't have vacation time like before..can you still do Sturgis the way you're used to?

Dawn, I am sorry you are having a tough time now

Colleen, you lost so well last year, we have faith in you! good luck with your doctor's appt tomorrow, I hope the cough can be gone!

Sunster, you are a traveling woman and CONGRATS on almost at goal!

I've been really blah and not much joy, mostly since the Rat B@stard/Groping Customer incident...but I am tons better today, as it was my first day of freedom!!!

called the State this morning and got on the unemployment roll, won't get a check until next Wednesday but my weekly amount is almost what I make working full time how is that possible? but I sure won't ask them that I will have almost 3 weeks off. Now to pray for some dry and warm weather to dry out our driveway so I can get my bike out!

and MAYBE because I'm not surrounded by bakery/deli odors and not boiling with freakin rage by working side by side with the Rat B@stard, maybe I can focus on my goals!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #367  
Biker Chick!

Hey, how is every one? Does anyone have nice weather yet??

well time off is good for me! Scale shows down 2 pounds. It's probably all water weight but it's going DOWN

However the weather has not improved much..one nice day on Monday, but it snowed 2 nites ago and its not gone yet..driveway is still an awful mud pit also.

You know how in the past couple years I have tackled various horrible areas in/around our house last fall was part of the back porch, last year was the living room, before that was the hundreds of books from the upstairs shelves..this week or next, I am getting RID of the damned junked van that is in our driveway

it has been there for 3 years!! it takes up a parking space, it is an eyesore to me, we have to shovel around it...and for those 3 years DH just puts sh*t in there instead of properly taking care of sh*t. Well I am DONE with it!! There is a problem that the side door does NOT open anymore..and the back doors are stuck..so the only way in is driver or passenger front door, but the seats don't move so I have to CLIMB in the back. I am flexible enough except when my knee hurts, I can do it but it's slow.

What's in there? Just in the 1 1/2 hours this afternoon (i quit before I got frustrated and angry) 2 hand held circular saws; a sander; full box of assorted tools; halloween decorations, a tent, a tent cover, fireworks, a full face helmet, one of DH's leather jackets that is covered with dried mud and mildewed; snow machine gloves (WE DON'T HAVE SNOW MACHINES) empty boxes, empty soda bottles, and this is just the front 2 seats and what I could reach behind. God! So a bunch of cardboard in recycling bin, 3 bags of trash, I brought the tools inside and stuck them on the back porch.

Tomorrow I will do more..I can see myself getting this done very quickly, and I will call the local scrap folks who have towed other dead cars away. It is good that in these days, now you get some money for a junked car, instead of having to pay! and because it's a 7 passenger van, its a heavy mutha and maybe a few more bucks.

I am very glad that I have been perfect on plan eating wise for 4 days, where I could not complete even one day a month ago. I don't even have a thought-out plan, but its definitely less calories, less bread/starch, more veggies, no nite time eating unless I 'saved' it from the day. And IGNORING DH when he has his nightly bowl of ice cream.

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-17-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #368  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hey good for u Cupcake! One more day and the frikken easter candy will be gone....sheesh. Keep up the good work and soon a week is gone

Everyone hang in through a bit more of late winter...then, when u get on ur bikes you'll feel soooo much better!
Sunset
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #369  

Well, I finally got to ride. It was beautiful today!!! And I think the sun did me great. This whole ordeal with DH job is sooooo taxing. But, I am trying to deal with it.

Holly, I am glad you are getting things cleaned. I know it is a chore physically and emotionally. And trust me, I know about DH's throwing stuff in a junk item. It stinks!

Reda, how is the new job? I feel ya on the vacation time. I ran a lot of mine out with the trip to Mexico.

Colleen, you seem to be doing great on the diet!!!

Sunster, I saw you in the lower 160s girl..... that is awesome!

We seem to all be struggling with exercise. I don't know why I cannot just get my butt up and do it..... but I just don't. I know my weight loss would speed up soooo much..... but I just cannot get off the keister.

I hope you all have a great Easter.

Tammy
Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #370  
Biker Chick!

Tammy I'm so glad you did get out for a ride! Just today, we pulled ours out of the garage. Mine started up with just a little help; DH's is taking longer to charge. I must be getting old, I didn't suit up for a ride because of DH's bike not being ready. She will wait for me

I have been being good with exercise! Only because I've had off from work..but this is what I've done for the past couple weeks -

April 8 - Jillian M's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, 50 min.
April 9 - 8 min. cardio/stretch
April 10 - JM's Banish Fat Boost Met., 40 min.
April 11 - Fitness Blender's Abs/Cardio/HIIT, 40 min.
April 12 - 0

April 13 - 0
April 14 - Fitness Blender's Abs/Cardio/HIIT, 40 min.
April 15 - 40 min. cardio
April 16 - Fitness Blender - 30 min. strength; JM's 6 Pack abs, 30 min. = 60 min.[/quote]
April 17 - Fitness Blender's Core/Cardio HIIT, 40 min.
April 18 - Fitness Blender's Fat Burning Cardio, 32 min., then about 6 min. Cathe abs.
April 19 - Fitness Blender's Comprehensive Core/Cardio Workout http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout ... orkout/dq/
April 20 - Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones 50 min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfkuK3mMowM
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

HI Girls - Happy Easter! I didn't realize it has been that long since I have been on. But I just haven't been on computer much at all. Been trying to get my bling stuff done at night after work. Fairing, horn and timing cover are finally done, just have fenders and lowers to get done now. So we had such nice weather today we got to go for a ride and didn't even need have to wear a jacket....

Holly you are rocking it- that is great! So you still have a week or two before going back to work?

Well I still have buckled down but am really thinking it is time. I defiantly need less breads and pasta, more fruit and veggies.

Well our Easter Day was suppose to be me cooking lunch, but DS1(who by the way raced Friday and Saturday night and won both nights) anyways his girlfriend got home from track last night then ended up going to the ER so she had surgery this morning at 8 to have her appendix taken out. So DS1 and granddaughter were hanging out at the hospital. DS2 decided he needed to be 30 miles away at lunchtime so all we had coming down was DS2 girlfriend (they are on the rocks right now) and his good friend coming down so I cancelled and told them I would make the ham Tuesday evening and they could all come and eat then, so that's why we decided to ride.

Tammy how are you doing and feeling? How is the solid food going?

Sunster you still doing the alternative IP? I am sure you are still rocking the eating healthy and maintaining as well.

Ok well it is just about time for bed so I better get off here. Have a great Monday!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #372  
Biker Chick!

Hi Reda we've been seeing you on FB at the races

Tried starting my bike, she is coughing and sputtering and stalls out when I try to move ahead in 1st. Son took a look at my air filter, that has been neglected so he looked up and recommended an air cleaner kit from K & N, I ordered it and shoud be here Wednesday. Our weather is taking a turn for the cold and wet (maybe snowflakes Wed. morning ugh) so I can be a little patient, it's not like its sunny and warm, lol.

I had a small binge last night, even embarrassed to say what it was, but it was probably 500 cals. and all sugar and fat. (think peanut butter and sugar!) all I can do is try to get back on teh wagon again, but that was the first refined/bad sugar in almost a week, which is huge for me.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #373  

Reda, glad your DS won his races!!!!! Sorry DS1gfhad to have surgery. That stinks. Also it sux the other son and gf are on the rocks.

Holly, look at you kicking out the exercise!!! I really think your "bad eating" comes from sucky winter and winter job stress. But don't think you don't still look hot. That's good you are getting the bike ready for when it does finally get warm.

My eating is better. I think I have found my groove.... And it seems to be low carb. I can't hRdly tolerate bread..... Or any bread product. Moist meat and moist veggies are good. Fried/breaded food is hard on me. I have not tried sweets bc I am not craving them, so I don't want to start them. Also no chips.... I am just a little apprehensive if them.

So my DS2 got fired from his job. I thought he was gonna straighten up.... But I guess not now. Just makes me mad bc a lot of ppl stuck their neck out for him.

Well, I need to get ready for work tomorrow. Quick shout to Sunster and Colleen!!!!

Oh, I just have 53 pounds to go.... But I have to start exercising more.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #374  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Oh, I just have 53 pounds to go.... But I have to start exercising more.
that is so great!!!

and you are so right, my eating/self image/everything is affected by the sucky boss and wintertime.

I tried raking the yard today, was supposed to be 'sunny and 50' which sounds great but instead it was overcast, windy and 47...felt like November! me and the dog called it quits after an hour but I'm doing a little more each day.

Bless our older son!! (the one who lives here) he heard me saying that my bike was sputtering and stalling and he looked at the hypercharger..said it looked awfully dark and dirty. So he recommended the K & N air cleaner kit and did it for me, took it off, cleaned it, it's drying out now.

.I know nothing about routine maintenance, I'll pay someone to do that, then DH says he'll do it, and it doesn't get done..when I rode to my last oil change in November, the mechanic told me my tire pressure was dangerously low the bike felt SO much better on the ride home. I would LOVE to have a patient person give me maintenance basics . Anyway, we're not even having riding weather so it's not like I'm freaking out over not being able to ride due to mechanical issues.

Think I'm down to 156-157, I will weigh tomorrow and see. My high was 162 in early March, that's what the doctor's office scale showed then that same day I weighed at home and our scale showed that also. From experience, I can have SO much 'wiggle room' it's nuts..when I am officially down 10 pounds that is when it seems 'real'. I am definitely eating alot less...eating better..and working out harder.

HI to everyone

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #375  
Biker Chick!

Just need to see if Tammy was affected by the awful storms