Hawt-est Biker Chicks and Dudes, 2013!

You're on Page 19 of 31
Go to
  • Morning Cupcake! So, i just made brex and im prepping lunch and snax for the day. All the while I'm thinking about this whole diet/lifestyle deal. My recent slip into the abyss came quick and easy when life got a bit hard and I was tired. All this hard work and pfffft....just like that. Scary.
    So, i'm thinking it has to become that lifestlye thing they talk about. I have to keep eating this way and forever.
    This aint breaking news, but the battle we all struggle with, on this whole 3FC site, is in our head. But yaknow, when that thing goes "click" in your head, NOTHING and NOBODY can veer you off course. Geeze....I just went thru the howlidaze on this diet and stayed on it!! Even on the Vegas trip I was cool w/ a little slip of just a bit-o-booze!
    Seeing that # on the scale + tight jeans did it for me, too. U now have plenty of time to get ready for spring and summer riding! YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! (I shouted that from Ca...did you hear it iin Vermont?)

Next post= all the diets I've done.
  • Hi girls- well lots going on with me this week - but I keep thinking vacation is soon then I will hopefully be able to talk alittle more about what the heck is going on- then hopefully I will be able to get on the wagon and see results

Holly you sure did fool some of us with the bike raffle but we sure were wishing
    That you would win it!!!!

Hi Tammy hope all is well

Today is not going to be a good food
  • Quote: Morning Cupcake! So, i just made brex and im prepping lunch and snax for the day. All the while I'm thinking about this whole diet/lifestyle deal. My recent slip into the abyss came quick and easy when life got a bit hard and I was tired. All this hard work and pfffft....just like that. Scary.
    So, i'm thinking it has to become that lifestlye thing they talk about. I have to keep eating this way and forever.
    This aint breaking news, but the battle we all struggle with, on this whole 3FC site, is in our head. But yaknow, when that thing goes "click" in your head, NOTHING and NOBODY can veer you off course. Geeze....I just went thru the howlidaze on this diet and stayed on it!! Even on the Vegas trip I was cool w/ a little slip of just a bit-o-booze!
    Seeing that # on the scale + tight jeans did it for me, too. U now have plenty of time to get ready for spring and summer riding! YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! (I shouted that from Ca...did you hear it iin Vermont?)

Next post= all the diets I've done.
    I did hear ya!! and thanks very much I am just hoping that this is my annual "CLICK" in my head.
  • Quote: Hi girls- well lots going on with me this week - but I keep thinking vacation is soon then I will hopefully be able to talk alittle more about what the heck is going on- then hopefully I will be able to get on the wagon and see results

Holly you sure did fool some of us with the bike raffle but we sure were wishing
    That you would win it!!!!

Hi Tammy hope all is well

Today is not going to be a good food
    Reda, I SO regretted that post as soon as I saw that peeps thought I had won it, it was really dumb of me Shows what a couple of quickly downed beers will do to common sense!

Hope it is not bad, the stuff that is going on with you? We will be here to hear you when you can tell us

Today was a lazy day and I will not beat myself up for it. The fact that I went back to bed and slept for 3 more hours is okay because then I went outside, chopped ice, took out garbage/reclycling, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned out the fridge (combined 3 relish jars into 2; combined 2 mayos into 1; combined 2 jars of grape jelly into 1; threw out old sauces; and counted 40, yes, 40 cups of Yoplait yogurts in the veggie bins!! WTF??)
  • Someone must like yogurt??? LOL

Well I am packed and ready to go mostly leaving town around 5 today- can't wait

I will check in when I get back hopefully all tanned up and needing to go to detox

Oh yes hopefully I will know a lot more today - but will probably be another week- nothing bad or damaging to my health so no worries there
  • ahhh....I'll be thinking of you today on ur way to MEXICO!!! All that R&R, and vitamiin D will be sooooo good for you. Safe travels and can't wait to hear about it
  • HI GALS!! I hope you are all doing good. Well I will start by telling you all that on the first of the year I was up to 266.6. Two years ago I was down to 230lbs, my dad died and I gained 10lbs, worked at a bar and grill and had bar food for over two weeks and gained 10 more pounds, long winter last year and started the summer out at 255-258lbs. Well that was the bad news, the good news is I am down to 256.2 this morning. I have been on a diet for 15 days. I still want to get down to 220lbs, 10 pounds less than before. My wife is also on a diet and doing good also, she is down almost 10lbs . I will let you gals know how I am doing every few days.
  • Aaron - good to hear from you!!! and congrats on back on track .

I can't stick to a carb or calorie restricted diet for even one day now! ugh me.

Fresh snow yesterday made me appreciate the over $600 invested in new snow tires.

VERY busy day at work yesterday, MLK weekend is an annual huge skiing weekend, stood in one spot for at least 2 hours yesterday just finishing, wrapping and labeling sandwiches. working an extra hour each day is kicking my butt too.

have a good day
  • Hi girls- well the trip was great, the resort was very nice but the food well not so great, luke warm to cold most of the time, only had 1 other restaurant that you had to make reservations at each morning by 8 am
    The pool was so cold no one was ever in it, so needless to say the swim up bar was never full- and we were so looking forward to the swim up bar
    I did learn to dive this year that was an experience to say the least, can't wait to do it again

Well so my news it was pretty much decided a few weeks ago that I was going to change jobs and profession- this being on call 24-7 365 days a year and I would get calls almost nightly and on the weekends as well just was to much and we decided paycut and all it was time to make the change-
    so yes I had 3 interviews the week we left on vacation so hoping to hear from one of them this week- I do have another interview tomorrow at 2pm at a local bank- I am ready to have M-F 8-5 and when I leave work I get to leave work ---- Will keep you all informed on how it goes
    Oh by the way I am quitting my current job tomorrow as well- the owner well he runs all his spending through the company and it is coded under an expense line but he was complaining about a few of the stores not doing well so I pointed out to him that he cant' take 40K from each store (this was the end of Oct) and not expect it to effect them- especially the lake stores that don't do well in winter months- ya so take that 40K times 8 stores - wouldn't it be nice to have 300K to spend in 10 months!!! Ok enough about
    that

Aaron so glad to hear you are back on track in full force- me will need to get something going again after vacation when you go all out it is going to be hard!

Holly we are very cold but no snow- but this below zero crap is getting old
    sounds like you are working long hours at the store and when you are stuck in one place that is hard on the feet, legs and back- maybe Joe can give you a back and foot rub

Oh ya I did come home with an awesome tan! If I could just hold it until summer or at least some of it

Well off to bed so I will check back in later
  • Reda, welcome back! and thanks for checking in Glad you have a nice tan!! but sorry that all the conditions were not as you hoped (and paid for!) I'd be so disappointed also if the pool was not swimmable. congrats on diving too!

and BIG congrats about the job change! that is big isn't it. Best wishes on the bank job, boy oh boy it would be like paradise for you to have a M-F daily job and leave it at that!! I hope/hope/hope it comes through for you That is crazy about the money the boss was diverting.

This winter we'd not had alot of snow, not near as much as usual, but the below 0 temps are persistant! its gotten that when its 3 above, that doesn't feel bad at all! because we've had -10 to -15 so very often. Real glad my car starts, it doesn't want to but she does. We've had frozen pipes twiice but each time DS got them thawed within a couple hours; then tried to address the problem areas.

Still can't stick to a diet for more than one day!! I don't give up hope but its scary.

The Rat B@stard paid me very generously yesterday for the extra hours I worked during MLK weekend; I'm suspicious that he'll try to manipulate me with his desire to have me work there year round, that's the kind of person he is ("but remember how I paid you so much that one time, you owe me" kind of thing) but maybe not. I'm just used to thinking the worst in that place, LOL.

Hey let me get your opinion of something (please ) Our motorcycle organization offers $100 prize to high school art students for submitting a design for our annual Toy Run tee shirt. (one winner). We mail the criteria to area schools in January, with a deadline for March. we get so few submissions! We wonder why?? isn't $100 enough for a kid? One teacher told us, "we don't have time to put it in our lesson plan". Um, you don't have to fit it in during the one hour of art class, tell the kids to do it on their free time, it's $100!

So since I had the time, I made photocopies of the letter and went to the local high school, the one close to me in our town, instead of just mailing it. I went to the office, and there was a lady in the office, and a woman chatting with her. As soon as the office lady saw I was waiting, she asked if she could help me. I introduced myself and immiediately the office lady said, "oh, you're in luck, this is an art teacher right here!" (the other lady).

So, I look at that lady, and she just stands there, looking at me. She did not offer her hand, or introduce herself...fine..okay..So I just stand there, and said, "Okay, do I leave this envelope with the office, or give it to you?" because she made no motion or offer or anything. She said, "oh, I'll take it, maybe someone will be interested". I said, "yeah, well it's $100" and left.

What the heck? first I think she was pretty rude. I don't expect props like "oh that is such a nice thing your organization does" but I do expect common courtesy especially from a 'teaching professional'. It left a bad taste in my mouth. NO wonder we don't get hardly any submissions, maybe they throw the letters out and don't even bother.

We also offer $500 scholarships/gifting money for graduating seniors, and don't get a ton of offers for those either. What, is $500 not enough ching?
  • Hi gals Well I had a nice long post ready to go and lost it all, so for a short version, my son got several $500.00 scholarships and will graduate debt free. He ended up with 7 scholarships and actually ended up getting money back which will help pay for gas for the year. Well my diet is going ok, I was 256.2 last week and this week I am down to 254.0. Next week will be hard after my wife's birthday on Sunday. Today I weighed 258.4 OUCH! So I will have to work out harder this week, I have been working out for about 1 hour each day, I ride my exercise bike for 1/2 hour and the elliptical for 1/2 hour.
  • Aaron sorry your long post got lost, hate that when that happens! Hey big congrats to your son, he must be one smart kid and I also know that he must have worked hard to get those scholarships.

Mostly I was astonished at how rude/uncaring the teacher appeared to be.

Another day of negative temps, not windchill, still temperature. It's -1 now. At least my car always start and we have heat...thankful for the small things.

feeling pretty apathetic about everything else though!! stayed in bed til 9 this morning, cause I just don't care. I haven't been late to work because of depressive times but it sure is close sometimes.
  • Hello

Well since I am currently not working I am trying to clean up the house, room by room and as of today 1 room done

I have had 3 interviews this week with one more on Friday at 1pm this is the job that I would love to have so hoping it pans out and get an offer early next week- but I also want to take off another week

However I am getting bored being home all day and night- I would not be good at retirement unless I had lots of money that I could do lots of stuff

Well off to get some more stuff done- Have a Great Thursday
  • Hi everyone. I read about the last 10 posts trying to get caught up a bit.

I'm not doing to bad. I am holding steady anywhere from 124-128. I am happy with that. That is where I was 21 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with DS.

I have a new job at Dunkin Donuts. A new store opened up here in town. I went to an open interview & told them no nights, holidays or weekends & they still called & offered me a job. During training I was at 4 days (32 hours) Even the 1st few weeks open I was at that. They had to cut hours after the newness wore off & now at 1 day a week. Paycheck will be very sad but I like it. I am a day time baker now. It wasnt planned that way but it sorta fell in my lap & I didnt require much training just needed to be shown once & I took off from there. They try to talk me into working weekends they said Friday, Saturday & Sunday are the busiest & are they days they need a day time baker. I told them nope but if they need help during week to call me. DH makes comments about 1 day not being worth it but I remind him that I like it & it wasnt cuz I have to work that I do it.

If everything works out right this will be our last winter here in IA. I remember the 1st winter here in IA it was awful too. The cold & snow just doesnt want to stop. We are expecting anywhere up to 6' maybe even more Nights are always in the negatives & if it ante the wind chill factor puts us there. I have to remember to leave the tub cold water drip at night or the upstairs pipes freeze. The down stairs dont but cold upstairs does. Hot water doesnt which I think is weird.

Since I only work 1 day a week I spend alot of time on FB. I am hooked on Farmville2. Its so bad that I log on to DH FB & play farmville2 on his profile to help my farm along & even Friended a friend of his cuz she plays all the time too. I think she may play more then I do. My DIL & MIL also got me playing other games mainly so I can log in & give them life or unlock the next chapter. I guess its better then sitting here stuffing my face.

Even though the left overs from last night (superbowl) are calling my name. We did well & made things that were sorta healthy for us so I wont feel to guilty eating the left overs. The game was pretty boring but we had a good time it had been a while since I saw my DS & GS, my EX came over too. I think its great that my EX & I can still do things together. It makes it so much easier when DS invites everyone over.

I have a checkup today. The Dr gave me new meds to help with pain. She said its a drup they use for fybormyalgia. Its much cheaper then the Lyrica that we see on TV. I can notice some difference but my neck & shoulders still hurt at times. Im sure she'll want to give it more time before deciding to do anything else.
  • Hey everyone, Reda is this the week you might hear from the job offer? crossing fingers for you !!

Dawn - really good to hear from you! first CONGRATS on your maintaining your tiny featherweight figure!! that is fantastic. I hear ya about not liking the grueling cold. We have't had that much snow this year (except tomorrow supposed to get 8" to 10") but the sub zero temps have been insane. I also don't understand the logistics about why the upstairs hot water freezes if the downstiars doesn't and we've done so much insulating and used heat tape to help prevent that but still have had frozen pipes twice this season. There has got to be a place in the U.S. that's a happy medium!! I think maybe South Carolina...

Hi to everyone else. I suck at that I just cannot control my eating and I will just put this out there, that it is close to impossible if one's DH buys ice cream, chocolate, chips, etc on a regular basis . There, I am a horrible person for saying it but I had to get it out. Blaming someone else but in this case it is key. I don't buy the stuff but if it's in the house I can't keep away. Ugh.

OK done venting Oh not yet, lol. My winter boss at the deli, KEEPS some of the dollar tips that accumulate when he and I are working. Have you ever heard of anything so effin selfish and greedy!! Out of $12, he gave me $6 and put $3 back in the jar. I am not so hard up that I NEED those singles, any of them, but what owner of a business thinks he is entitled to tips? especially when I am the smiley lady in the deli Eff him.

Wow I have alot of anger in me don't I

It helps a tiny bit that it is lighter in the afternoons, but I still sleep like a dead person til at least 7o am and today didn't get up til 8:30.

Sorry this was an "all about ME" post