Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #121  
Empress/Queen

Talking Manifestos

Status update: Ah, well, lol! Sometimes you eat the bear (although I would never eat a bear) and sometimes the bear eats you.

BUT, to be even more Pollyannaish, every cloud has a silver lining.

The Happy Sunday Scale Project is kind of going my way (yay!). Last week was way down (for moi) to 130.2, this week up (1.6) to 131.8.

It was ever thus. The Aging Queenly Bod doth generally do an exploratory dip to a good low, then pop back up a bit the following week, although never ALL THE WAY up to the previous number.

Lol, happy with this, though, as the net loss from March 3 is .4 (average per week .2)!

Queen/Empress & Ceo o' Her Own Realm Am2 is still on the downward trail and near the portal into the 120s.

So we're good.

Next. Week!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-17-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #122  
wsw

hi am2-congrats on weight loss over last couple of weeks! i, too, have been known to dip down one week, and then may be up a tad the following week, but averaging a loss over those couple of weeks. definitely seems to happen with me more now than it did in my younger days. you are doing great, empress! your hard work and results continue to inspire me.

hi arabella, anagram, kaylets, and to all our dear royals!

last couple of times i thought i would be back more regularly, but they turned out to be false starts. hopefully, i can become more of a regular again now. was having lots of ms technical difficulties, and just recently, some computer ones too (which hopefully have been resolved.) not too consistent with food plan in past week, and that is changing (for the better) starting right now! had recently gotten lax, and that just won't do at all. back to tried and true basics for me. well, thinking of you all. take care.

wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah! Woke up on this glorious 1st Day of Spring with a new joy & feeling that I am cutting loose finally from some things that were holding me back.

And was so happy to see that Wsw is in the palace! Woot, hello, Wsw! Hope the technical difficulties abate with spring & sending good vibes.

Glad thy royal computer be better as well.

Love thy back to basics attitude. I have been on that path this week as well, doing the basic things I know work for my royal self in diet, fitness, building a career back up, and knowing who my friends &/or well wishers are & are not, which is important for me to remember to do.

Among those friends I number the scale, which I unofficially hopped on in honor of the Vernal Equinox today & it was good. The goal is to keep it good for the official Sunday weigh-in.

Greetings to Arabella, Wildfire, Anagram, Kaylets, & all our Royal Comrades past, present & future! Huzzah!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-20-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #124  
Empress/Queen

Lightbulb Well, okay!

Thanks to the invocation to Coventina made by Queen/Empress/CEO of Her Own Universe Am2, there have been some shifts in emotional health going on and attitude towards weight!

Weight is still important in the Am2 Empire, very important. Have had some non-weight related issues, including being busier career wise but that is temporary for now, and guess WHAT? Realized not for the first time that there ARE no non-weight-related issues. Am2 is just too ancient (well, not TOO ancient) a queen to put on any extra weight and her creaking knees REALLY want to be and stay in the 120s.

So ...

Unofficial weigh-in here on the first day after the first day of spring and Queen Am2 is counting as the official one this week, due to some schedule shifts, so is down to where she was the previous week and will be making that her ticker weight (130.2).

She considers this being in the 120s lol. So YAY SHE IS THERE! She also considers it her GOAL to be in the 120s, so YAY SHE IS THERE!

Verily, though, she will keep the same cute ticker until she ambles on down to 125, which is not so much a goal anymore as a nice royal place to hang out in the 120s.

SO VERILY THE NEW THING IS THUSLY:

Going to start a new thing, a Saturday weigh-in, and a focus on maintaining a RANGE of weight anywhere in the 120s. The next weigh in will be on Saturday, March 30.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #125  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Guess what? We're socked in with the second snowstorm of this week, which began with two days of arctic cold. Spring? In theory. On FB, someone had said something about spring in New England, seeing daffodils for sale next to firewood. Here, you'd have to add snow shovels to the display. Bah!

I'm well on my way to completing my third week of five hot yoga classes per. I find I'm sometimes very tired after class but feel recovered by the next day. I guess the thing to do is to go late in the day when feasible. Although my plan eventually is to get up and walk over for the 6:15 a.m. class, thus getting in yoga and most of my steps before 8 o'clock. It's a good way to start the day, once one can do it without having it leave one too much of a wreck to adequately address all subsequent activities.

WSW, I do declare that there is no such thing as a false start -- all starts are progressions.

Amarantha, yay for joy and yay for YAY! You are there! For truly, 130.2 is in the 120s or might as well be.

Continuing on all fronts here. I'm not sure whether I'll brave the blizzard or haul out my mini and walk/jog while I watch Supernatural on TV. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of fresh air but ...

Have a great day, Queenlies!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-22-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #126  
Empress/Queen

Congratulations on the yoga challenge sucess, Arabella. Woot, good plan for later to do steps & yoga early eventually.

I find if I don't get a good chunk of the steps done early, It is much harder to finish the quota. Weights are the same.

Sorry about your snowstorm. Hope you do have daffodils.

Thanks for understanding how my weight of 130.2 really IS virtually in the 120s lol. I am mentally there & have 9 days to the first Saturday weigh-in on March 30 to lock it all up.

Doing a little Hippity Hop to the Day Before Easter (March 30) Challenge to limit candy, which recently I have been eating as long as it is wheat free, to no more than THREE snack size bars of dark chocolate, although eating any of those teeny bars is NOT mandatory. No other candy can be eaten in this challenge.

Thinking of our royal friends & wishing them the best as they quest hither & yon.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #127  
Empress/Queen

Well, had to pitch the chocolates after all lol. Ended up in a trigger state of 2500 calories or so.

Eating out twice this weekend but intend to stay on track anyhow.

Woot! Huzzah to all royals!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #128  

I have now gone to hot yoga five times each of the past three weeks and also gotten my 10,000 steps just about every day. 'Tis a cause for mighty huzzahing!

I tried on a pair of jeans that had been too tight to wear this a.m. feeling silly for trying them on right after yoga, when things are always tighter b/c my muscles are pumped up. Anyway, they were comfy. My pants that were serving up muffin tops are no longer doing so.

That said, including huzzahing, I made a frozen lemon Pavlova for a dinner party tonight and I expect I will have a piece. Will be spectacular, esp. if it has sufficient time to freeze, which I think it will b/c my freezer is very cold.

Amarantha, I do have daffodils -- but they're from the annual Cancer Society sale. Not even crocuses brave enough to bloom yet here.

Re: early steps -- I have the same experience. Nevertheless, I didn't manage to do more than go to yoga and make the Pavlova yet today... Will walk, though, in any case. I don't have anything else that absolutely must be done for a few hours.

Hope all ly folk are enjoying their Saturday. Let's make it a good one!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #129  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah on the jeans victory & getting in the hot yoga & steps, Arabella! Woot, you are doing great!

I am quite lazy today & happy as the breakfast meal at restaurant did not happen. I am glad because I just want to stay home & get steps in around my property & neighborhood & to be honest, lie on the couch.

A frozen lemon pavlova sounds wonderful. I have never had pavlova, but know what it is. Did not know it was ever made frozen. I love lemon, think I would love such a dessert.

Greetings to all our lovely & intelligent royal comrades.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #130  

A lazy Sunday sounds lovey, Amarantha -- enjoy!

The Pavlova was great, pretty easy to make and elicited the usual rapturous response.

I calculated it at 3 T. sugar per slice, with the rest of the calories coming from egg and whipping cream, total calories per slice at 271. Not bad at all for such a spectacular dessert. I left the remainders with SIL though, b/c one could eat a lot of it.

I ended up with a 10,000 step walk to finish my requirement. It was a late night -- for us -- and a bit of a novelty to be out there so late. The sky was pretty, drifts of white clouds against midnight blue with some stars twinkling here and there.

We did our Sunday walk this a.m. and had our Sunday brunch. Now off to yoga

Huzzah!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #131  
wsw

am2-kudos on cutting loose from some things that were holding you back! that certainly inspires me to try harder in that area.

"YAY SHE IS THERE!" loved reading those words, empress! huzzah!!!!!! and woot, woot!!!

arabella-i bet you are sick of snow by now. congrats on reaching third week of five hot yoga classes per week challenge, and your daily 10,000 steps. impressive! --as is your fitting in to those jeans comfortably. your beautiful description of the sky you observed last night made me smile. the lemon pavlova you made sounded yummy. sadly, i am not a cook, but i appreciate those who are talented in that area.

---and hi kaylets, wildfire, anagram, and all our lovely royals!

it was cold and rainy here today, but didn't need to go out, so can't complain at all. watched some old movies had not seen in a while, and really enjoyed that. i am back in the saddle again, food-and-exercise-wise, and feeling much better about that. i was a little concerned since out for lunch yesterday, but stayed op at reastaurant too. a busy couple of weeks are coming up, so need to remain vigilant with planning out, and writing down, my food so that i don't use my schedule as an excuse to go haywire. well, i hope a pleasant remainder of the weekend will be had by all our queendom.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #132  

Well, Fresh Start Monday for me, although it's mostly been Fresh Start, Monday, Tuesday, etc for me. Saturday I felt the best I have for months which should be an inspiration. Sunday not bad either but did not sleep well last night so am not yet a happy person today.

But I will be because I have read the Queenly Inspirations and they have had their usual "UP" effect.

Liked your chocolate plan, Empress. I had started a similar one w/jelly beans but it was a disaster. So no jelly beans until Easter and then hopefully not "three bags full".

We're having snow again today as well but it's looking like it won't be a devastating one. All this winter (and I'm grateful) our snows have been very light and disappear quite easily. Nonetheless I'm not venturing out as my tai chi class has been cancelled and I hope to get in a nap at some point. Hopefully a short one - just enough so I don't end up taking a long one by default later in the day.

I totally agree you are in the 120's Empress and I too love your various walks, Wood Nymph. I got in one good walk this week with the walking stix. Doing the PT exercising well enough but that doesn't use up the calories as well. Just need to do them to keep moving.

Well, back to watching snow and doing odds and ends. No big plans for me at this point. Just slow and steady .... hopefully.

Last edited by anagramredux; 03-25-2013 at 09:42 AM.
anagramredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #133  
Empress/Queen

Woot! Wood Nymph, that is a very sensible calorie count, indeed, for something that sounds so delicious. I am going to make something lemon for Easter, I think.

Love seeing all the posties from everyone and that Wsw & Anagramredux (that has such a lyrical ring, Anagram, love the new name) are in the house.

For me, today, this is a flyby postie as need to get back to walking today's steps, having a quick break.

Had a great eating day yesterday, was a busy, emotional day for me, today may be the same. Just dealing with some things, not really working per se. Meant to be a lazy Sunday but kind of didn't turn out that way, yet was proud of how I handled eating and exercise.

May be finally getting it that this health and weight journey are all about me and I am mandated not to be sidetracked by emotions, circumstances or even other humans, though I may love them well in some cases or not love them well in others.

I've got to love ME, too, and that means I want to live in the 120s henceforth and stay wheat free lol.

Have been preplanning for these kinds of days recently and the night before I have been plugging my planned restaurant lunches in the tracker, plus I carry a protein shake in a little cooler in case I get hungry and have any evil ideas about stopping for a candy bar or something.

Huzzah, Royals! LETTITH IT BE MONDAY!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #134  
Empress/Queen

Unofficially at 129, but it could change by the official Saturday weigh-in. We'll see.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #135  

Amarantha, that's fantastic!

Frantic fly-by here. Dress rehearsal is tonight and if I don't get through the last of the month's work today I'll have to find a way to work tomorrow, despite a final practice, friends to dinner and the performance. It's been a carrrazzzy week. Worked until 9 the last two nights. Have been getting my steps and getting to yoga though. I did have a run-in with Beanitos yesterday, but that's been the only issue.

In the good news category, I went closet shopping and found that tops I'd bought second-hand before Christmas that didn't fit now do. I must be verging into "down a size" territory. Huzzah!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-28-2013 at 07:50 AM.