The 2013 Palace: Nurturing our royal selves

You're on Page 15 of 16
Go to

• happy monday, royals! feeling better today, and starting to get some energy back. finally caught up on some tedious paperwork, which felt like a big accomplishment! remaining op, with food and exercise, which is feeling very good. well, thinking of all in and around the palace walls. take care.
  • Sunday in the Palace. I can't believe we're at mid-August already. The nights are cooler again, better for sleeping.

DH is here for a visit. Despite some DH/DS stress, the visit is going well. I've promised DGS a trip to NB this summer, so I may be driving over there for a few days within the next week or so to drive DS back. Which may take some negotiation with DH, b/c I'm supposed to be going to Halifax with him next week. Ah well, I'll work it all out.

I lost .4 last week, .1 short of being able to move the ticker. So slow, these years. At this rate, it'll take me a year to get to goal. Maybe the whoosh fairy will visit at some point?

This week has been good -- five hot yoga classes, careful with food, an average 10,000 steps per day. So hopefully tomorrow I'll at least get to move the ticker.

Clear and cool here. DH and I will walk around the harbour, parting ways at the yoga studio.

WSW, so glad you're feeling better! Life is so much easier when we feel well, eh. That energy helps a lot. Yay for finishing paperwork, too, blight on humanity that it is.

Let's make this a good one!
  • yay, arabella, on weight loss for last week! and on your exercise. hope the rest of your weekend is pleasant.

gorgeous here today! had a lot of rain this summer, so very nice to see blue sky and sunshine today.

ate more than was necessary today--oops. definitely will be be more careful with cals tomorrow, and will be sensible for dinner tonight too. well, take care, all.

• gorgeous out today---what a treat. the last few days have definitely been successes with sticking to sensible food plan and exercise. well, queenlies, i am thinking of you all. have a good evening.
  • hi royals! thinking of you, and hoping all is well with each and every one of you.

hanging in there pretty well op and exercise-wise. had a busy, but productive week, so feel good about that. have a few plans set for the weekend, which should prove to be pleasant. well, take care, all.
  • hello, royals. just thought i would ive a quick post to say hi, and that i am hanging in op and exercise-wise. weight loss is verrrrrrry slow, but i know it will get there if i keep doing what is necessary. hope all is well with all of our dear queenlies, both near and far from the palace. take care.
  • Hellooooo... hellooo?
    Good morning and happy October!

WSW, I apologize for leaving you rattling around the palace on your own. It has been getting a mite echoey in here, has it not? Indeed, indeed, weight loss is slow but WTG for hanging in with good behaviour!

I've started a 30-day hot yoga challenge and decided to combine it with no-wheat, no-sugar, no-alcohol, 10000 steps and etc. challenge -- and to start a new 30-day challenge at the end of this one.

One week in now -- I was down 1.2 on Monday but had been up 2 the week before... but had been down 1.5 before that. At any rate, when you do the cipherin', I'm .2 under ticker.

I've been able to do some more closet shopping. I'm wearing blouses that were unwearable after Christmas last year. Even my underwear -- I've got a fuschia set and a lavender one that hasn't fit for a long time but now does.

I'm thinking a total of 3 months (from my start) to NY Eve is going to make a big difference. Huzzah!

Part of my excuse for absence is that I've been working on a company-owned laptop and a little loath to log in. But I decided that it's extremely unlikely that any of our tech guys would be interested in my weight loss news.

WSW (and any other queenly folk who might be about): Let's make this a good one!

• hello, arabella! so wonderful to see you.
    and happy october to you.

your plan sounds great, and huzzah on your weight loss and on being one week in to your new 30 day hot yoga challenge!! congrats also on being able to fit in to the blouses and lingerie items. woot woot!

i am hanging in there op both food and exercise-wise, but you have inspired me to spice up some of my exercise routine. fall is a time of new beginnings and changing of colors and perspectives, and my perspective needs a little tweaking about now. thanks, as always, for the inspiration, arabella!

have a busy day planned so must away. have a good one. thinking of all our royals, too, both near and far.

• I was travelling last week and didn't manage to get to the yoga studio on the two travel days, so I've got two extra classes to make up before the end of the month.

I was going to take an extra class tomorrow but my son came home unexpectedly with his GF so we'll be doing a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I suspect I'll have a glass of wine or two But I'll stick with the no wheat/no sugar. DS's GF is going to bake a pumpkin pie without either and I'll just avoid the stuffing.

I may weigh in tomorrow morning rather than Monday.

Fallish today, for sure, cool and breezy. It's supposed to go down to zero (36F) tonight.

WSW, I agree with you about fall -- definitely a great time to make changes. Huzzah!

I've got my steps in and went to yoga this a.m. Now, I think I'm going to light the fire, make a hot cup of tea and cozy up with the newspaper.

Happy Saturday!
  • hi arabella- happy thanksgiving! i hope you have had a lovely time.

have been doing ok op and with changing up exercise a bit too. definitely need to keep going along this path. still always surprises me just how hard some times are than others for staying on plan. last couple of days have been more challenging, but have hung in there.

• Hi WSW!

We did have a very lovely dinner with DS & his GF (who I hope someday to be able to call my DIL). And as a bonus -- next day WI had me down 1.8. I now weigh what I was mentally prepared to see on the scale in January, when I actually saw the numbers 18 pounds higher. Ick. Ugh. Down we go!

I missed yoga yesterday, tired and feeling a little illish plus had DS & DGS here. So I've got two classes to make up again. Should not be tooooo difficult. There's yin yoga on Sunday mornings, which is long holds for deep stretching. And the last Sunday of the month, there's a Nidra yoga class which is like a long guided meditation through the stages of waking/sleep. I'm intrigued! Have signed up for that one.

Good for you staying OP. You're so right about how much harder it is sometimes than others. I really admire the way you can hang on by your dainty fingernails when it gets tough.

We were down to freezing again last night. I see frost on the rooves out there, big fluffy pink sunrise stripes in the sky. It's supposed to be sunny today, so I'll walk over to yoga at some point, get my steps and all in one go.

Let's make this a good one!

• WSW!

Monday again, and a bright, sunny and chilly one so far. Our leaves are spectacular -- I drove out to an end-of-season sale at a gallery/restaurant on Saturday and kept just saying "wow, wow, wow." When I got there, I bought a fabulous Labradorite ring with a gift cert left from my birthday. I love it -- a wide, wide silver band with a huge translucent blue-green stone.

BIG news today -- down 2.2 this week for a total of 5.2 so far this month. I was SO happy to see that on the scale this a.m. Have not seen that kind of action in a very long time. Yes, I think this challenge is actually working.

I'm .2 under tracker. I will not see Onederland this year -- 33 pounds in 2.something months is highly unlikely. So I changed my ticker. I do think I can safely commit to the 13 pounds that will get me under 220. Then Onederland is a shoo-in for spring, and even at five a month I should be able to get into the 180s for my birthday month, which is lower than I've been in probably 20 years. O.M.G.

That's my report! Hope all is well with you, sweet WSW, and any others that might wander into the palace. Let's make this a good one!

• hi arabella. congrats on that great weight loss last month! nicely done! we had gorgeous fall leaves here also. they sure make me say "wow!" too. hope all is well with you.

i can't believe how long it had been since i was in the palace. some of the time was due to computer woes, but also time has definitely gotten away from me. have had some ms
    technical difficulties too, but they seem to be letting up now for a while. have been maintaining (which was not an easy task the past few weeks), but now i think i am ready to push harder to get that scale moving downward once again. so, onward and downward.

greetings to all queenlies both near and far from the palace walls.
  • Hello WSW!

It was getting a mite echo-y in here but we've all occasionally wandered. To the extent that it's been down to the two of us for quite a while now. Maybe another royal or so will be inspired to come back to the palace soon.

So glad that your computer woes and MS problems are better. This battle is hard enough when all goes well, so congrats on maintaining. That's what I've been doing since the last WI but I've gotten reinspired to start moving downward again.

The tools I've used for control are so important. I might be fine when everything's okay but if I don't have any mechanisms or rules in place to guide me when things get rough I can find myself stuffing my face repeatedly.

My main rule is that I can't have anything but fruit/veg or (daily) one small handful of nuts between meals. And the usual -- watching portion size, nutrition content, etc. Trying to get 10,000 steps and yoga daily but the last week or so hasn't been great that way. I was feeling illish and overwhelmed.

However, another day dawns and today I will conquer.

The festive season is sneaking up on us -- our choir's performance of Handel's Messiah is a week from Sunday and that starts the whirlwind of events -- my mom's 90th birthday, which is going to be a big event, my DH's 65th which will be a dinner party for 8 or 10, not to mention Christmas parties.

Let the merriness commence! Let's make this a good one!
  • hi arabella! ihope your choir performance went well. it does sound like you have a lot of festivities coming up with 2 big birthday celebrations, etc. i am still trying wrap my head around the fact that it is but a few short weeks til christmas.

have been pushing harder with sticking to my rules for weight loss and exercise. feeling more and more determined, although scale not reflecting anything yet. well, hope you are having a pleasant evening.

greetings also to any other queenlies who may be within shoutin' distance.