Old 05-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #166  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Wsw! Congrats on hanging in, glad you feel better today.

I gained .6 but am 125.2 which is within my maintenance range so am happy. Had a bad week but this one will be better!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #167  
wsw

wow, am2, it must feel great to be staying within your maintenance range!!! hope i can say that one day. i will keep working hard at it and make it so. thanks, i'm glad to be feeling better.

had my regular yearly physical yesterday, and had been feeling discouraged because losing so slowly, but my doc reminded me that i had lost 30lbs in this past year+, which she and the nurse who weighed me thought was terrific. it was nice to hear that. still haven't been able to get back to full regular exercise routine yet, but doc also reminded me that i will be able to soon, and that what i am doing now is good. she definitely gave me some much needed perspective all the way around.

condo situation continuing to stress me out big time. still not sure if it will even close in a couple of weeks, or if at all. i need a vacation. i was cleaning out my purse today, and found a gift certificate for a massage that i haven't used yet. i need to make an appointment for this a.s.a.p.

so gorgeous out today. was grateful i got the chance to be out and about to enjoy it. well, thinking of all our dear royals, and hoping a good evening will be had by all.

wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #168  
Empress/Queen

Wsw, that is good news about getting that perspective of having lost 30 pounds in this past year+! Wow, the doc & nurse were right, that is really a fantastic, healthy weight loss. Congratulations! And glad the doc was able to remind you of how well you are doing and how you will be able to get back to your full routine soon! Woot!

I am up early to exercise as working today and really the rest of the week.

Thinking of all royals and hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #169  
wsw

thanks, amarantha! hope your work day and week go well, and happy exercising!

hope everyone has a good morning, and a good day. have a lot to take care of today, so better get a move on. take care, queelies.

wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #170  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Wsw! Hope you got everything done you wanted to take care of and that you have a great weekend ahead.

Woot!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #171  
Empress/Queen

Exact maintain from last week and feeling great about that!

Have a good day, all royals!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #172  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Red face Day 1 in the palace

Good morning, Royal Ones! Where did I go? I was in the weeds. The whole thing came to a head last week. I started out feeling great but then was visited by self-doubts. Although I'd renewed my commitment to eating only at the table when alone (other than fruits and veggies), I let myself eat on the couch, with the result that I cycled between anxiety and depression until I got a grip again on Friday, having realized I was making myself completely miserable. I kept having the thought "I'm trying to numb out instead of feeling, trying to kill myself, slowly and painfully." And pulled myself out of it. It's so automatic -- if I eat on the couch watching TV, control flies out the window. Embarrassing but true. And then the whole nasty thing plays out.

Also had stopped weighing myself months back. For the sake of accountability, I've committed to reporting on weigh-in to DH each Monday. Not what I weigh but change each week. It was my idea. It'll help that childish feeling that what I eat when no one sees doesn't count. Weighed in this morning up 1.2 from tracker. I expect I'd been several pounds below tracker though at some point while I'd ceased to weigh in. Onward!

So. The plan is the same -- 5X a week hot yoga and 10,000 steps a day. Eating (other than fruit and veg) only at the table when alone. Aiming for 3 fruits, five veg a day (more veg less fruit OK), lowish carb.

I've been doing pretty well with yoga and steps, which is probably why I didn't gain a bunch of weight. One thing that surprised me is that my summer clothes fit ok -- I guess I was fatter last summer than I realized.

WSW, I hope the condo closes soon, soon, soon! And big congratulations to you for losing #30 in the past year+. That's fantastic!

Hope you're feeling better!

Amarantha, fabulous, fabulous maintenance right in your target zone! Huzzah!!! 18,000 steps is a lot o' steppin' too.

Kind of tired. I think I'll relax on the couch with a nice ... bunch of carrot sticks.

Let's make this a good one!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #173  
Empress/Queen

Woot! Arabella, it is SO good to see you back in the palace! Loved reading your insights & your plan!

One of the reasons I think I am so enamored of talking about my journey online (although I am trying to do less of that for various reasons) is that no one in my personal life wants to focus much on weight management & fitness so they feel I should not talk to them about it lol. Your plan of being accountable to your DH seems really great!

Huzzah to Wsw! How are things going?

For me, just treading water right now. I'm working this morning but then I think not until middle of first week in June, & possibly not after that, depending on some political flux. This is going to get me back in a stress free eating zone for a while. I want to focus on my maintenance project & feeling better all around & am doing one of my fun challenges from after my weigh in on the 26th to weigh in on June 30. That is 4th of July week & I am dedicating this litte challenge "season" to all the decades of working on the 4th of July & loved it (I was a reporter) & was never during those days at a weight I wanted to be on those happy holiday assignments so I now want to dedicate this year to staying within my happy maintenance range & doing it stress free.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-23-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #174  
Empress/Queen

Woot, dear Queenly personages!

Hope all are well!

I've been planning my July Jubilee Maintenance Challenge and crowned myself Queen of the July Jubilee. The challenge is to, er, maintain my range (120-129) from May 26 (tomorrow) to June 30 (July 4th week). It is, well, kind of boring. It is in honor of all the fun 4th of Julys I have had, and my love of family, friends and country and my dedication to wearing little capris pants that fit and how I slaved for two decades to be in this nice maintenance range (I've actually been lower but I think this is the range I will stick at FOREVER 'cause I'm TIRED of buying new clothes).

So, I'll post my weight tomorrow but as far as I'm concerned it's the 4th of July.

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #175  

Smile The Sunday Palace, Day 6

Good Sunday morning to all you best and most beautiful of lies! I am feeling so much better. So far, WI has been down .6 from last Monday but still hoping for a whoosh for official WI tomorrow. Thought I might get it this a.m. but then realized that we ate dinner quite late last night.

Had SIL and BIL for dinner, quite a nice evening. I made a buttermilk dressing dip and served a rainbow of fresh veggies and some chips (I ate one small chip with the dip, just to see what it was like. Yummy. Served baked salmon with a lower-fat upscale version of tartar sauce, herbed vinaigrette potato salad, roasted beet slices with balsamic vinegar and roasted asparagus with garlic and diced portabellos. Then a sugar-free, wheat-free berry crisp with banana frozen yogurt (the whole batch sweetened with 2 T honey). Everything turned out beautifully and it was all healthy.

I still had a thousand steps left to take when they left and went out around a few blocks. It was such a lovely evening -- balmy and mysterious -- made me resolve to be outside at night more often.

Made it to yoga 4 times last week and got my 10k steps every day.

Amarantha, I did feel a little funny getting DH to be my accountability person b/c it makes him a bit of an authority figure but it's my choice and working toward my goal.

Happy Fourth of July to you!

Love to all in the palace or on walkabout ... let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-26-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #176  
Empress/Queen

Woot, Arabella, congrats on the .6 down. Whether official or unofficial it is always fun to see those good numbers.

I did the weigh-in for the kick off of my maintenance range challenge and am (miraculously 'cause I had high cals all last week) down 1.4!

Ok, KNOW the scale is NOT supposed to make me happy or unhappy but it does improve my mood.

Happy Holiday to all who are celebrating this weekend (that includes me lol).

And Happy Monday to all others!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #177  

Amarantha, 1.4 is awesome!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #178  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Arabella! It was a bit of a surprise as was expecting a gain or maintain & was okay with that, but the ol' royal bod has its own way of doing things so guess it was just time.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #179  

Talking Day 7

Drrrrrrumroll, please: First official Monday WI report -- -1.6.

That gets me to ticker, actually down .4 from ticker weight, even though it doesn't register. I am on track.

DH is off to Halifax. I decided to stay home this week to get to choir rehearsal and also b/c I felt like I needed the time for myself. I woke up 3ish and barely slept since but feel pretty much ok. I've had a lot more energy, which makes everything so much easier.

Amarantha, I think it's pretty understandable that the scale puts you in a good mood. After all, you waged that major battle and are SO victorious!

Busy busy week here -- last one of the month, plus I want to finish some writing to enter a literary contest by Friday. Feeling ok with deadlines, though, and have a plan for getting through stuff. I also feel quite safe with all my anti-binge measures in place, huzzah.

Let's make this a good one!

Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #180  
Empress/Queen

Woot! Congrats, Arabella, on the 1.6 down & being at ticker! This is great to see on a holiday Monday!!!! Huzzah!

I've been awake since 3 a.m., going out for gluten free ice cream & to meet a friend.

Have a good week, all queens!