Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 07:40 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default The herd is dancing in wildflowers

That's my cheerful image for us all.

Kiwi, I'm so sorry if my mean teasing came at the wrong time for you. I would't hurt you for anything.

And congratulations to Sweetie Pie on her marvelousweight loss.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:52 AM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

what a spectacle !!!!!!!!!to see all these fine, voluminous,apron guts flapping in the spring -------------- dancing lightly on aching hooves.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #3  
fatter than U

Default dancing cows!

LOLLOLLOL

Ever notice, Bagzie, that when you lose a little weight, the apron gut seems to hang even more. Are we all going to be left with flabby skin?

Extra hugs to depressed cows today
Old 05-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WOW!!!! it's a good thing Kiwi has been avoiding church services lately---they are poisoning the coffee at the snack table----PEACHERS DON'T GO TO MEETING THE NEXT TIME YOU VISIT KIWI!!!!!!!!!--- i am already tired of counting points-----what IS the point????this can get depressing----------------thanks for the hugs sugarbug
Old 05-02-2003, 11:51 AM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Arsenic probe follows fatal church coffee klatch

Friday, May 2, 2003 Posted: 3:24 AM EDT (0724 GMT)
Police tape surrounds Gustaf Adolph Lutheran Church in New Sweden, Maine, on Tuesday.
Police tape surrounds Gustaf Adolph Lutheran Church in New Sweden, Maine, on Tuesday.
Story Tools
Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site

NEW SWEDEN, Maine (CNN) -- "Acute arsenic poisoning" killed a 78-year-old man who became ill along with 15 others after drinking tainted coffee during a meeting Sunday at their church, state police said Thursday.

"This is no accident," said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

In a written statement, McCausland said investigators had found arsenic in brewed coffee served at the meeting at Gustaf Adolph Lutheran Church in New Sweden. Arsenic also was found in "biological samples from the victims," he said.

"This investigation has produced no evidence that supports a conclusion that the arsenic was introduced into the brewed coffee accidentally," he said.

McCausland said tests done on the tap water, sugar and coffee grounds used for the brewed coffee all tested negative for arsenic.

The parishioners became ill after the meeting, where they all had something to eat and something to drink.

Church elder Walter Morrill, 78, died. The other 15 church members remain hospitalized with arsenic poisoning.

Investigators are trying to interview the entire church congregation, and plan to reinterview the sick parishioners and their families.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #6  

Wow. That's sounds like something that would happen in Oregon. We've had our share of strange goings ons around here. I think we're up to 3 men who have killed their entire families in the last year. And of course, we were the home of the Rashneshee's and they tried to poison a salad bar in a small town in eastern Oregon a few years back. I think it all has something to do with small towns and months of bad weather.

I noticed the white asparagus at our grocery store. It was something like $3 a pound. We eat tons of the green variety. yummers. I make a sauce of 1/2 C. mayo, 1/4 C. sour cream, 1 T. horseradish, 1 T. vinegar, dash tabasco, salt, pepper & 3 T. parmesan. It will knock yer socks off.

Tomorrow is bunco night again. I plan on eating and drinking to excess.

I went and had a manicure and a pedicure yesterdayafternoon. It was heaven. I'd worked in the yard all morning yanking out horrible horrible perennial geraniums that have taken over my flower beds. At first I thought they were pretty until I realized they intended to go to seed and gobble up my whole yard. I actually paid money for the first one a few years back. It should have come with a warning tag.

I don't know how, but I'm starting to sound like Martha Stewart. Somebody slap me.

I'm sorry that everyone seems to be going through a slump. I am too and I can't even figure out why. Say it over and over - things will get better, things will get better, things will get better.....
Old 05-02-2003, 02:54 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking yikes!

Perennial geraniums sound really, really scary, Wabby!

I did 30 mins on the cross-trainer today. Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:04 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hahahahshahahahahaha----next year we will ALL go to Thailand together for the pageant---i plan to win this one

From The Associated Press:

May 1, 10:26 AM EDT

Large is Beautiful At Jumbo Queen Pageant

SAMPHRAN, Thailand (AP) -- Rolls of glitter-sprinkled fat draped over the ladies' elbows. Their double and triple chins were caked in layers of foundation and blush. And when the Jumbo Queen contestants performed their dance numbers, the flab below their armpits jiggled.

But the 25 women relished being big and beautiful at the annual pageant that celebrated their oddness in a country where slender and petite frames are the norm.

"There are beauty pageants for people who are slender, and that's one form of beauty," said Kamonlak Chaichanajetjumnong, a 32-year-old contestant who weighs 187 pounds).

"Then there's the pageant for us, and it's another kind of beauty. We are beautiful in our hearts and in our faces," said Kamonlak.

The Jumbo Queen this year was Nongnuch Paynguleaom, who weighed in at 209 pounds and went home $1,200 richer.
Advertisement

The 25-year-old, who is majoring in hotel and tourism at the Siam University in Bangkok, believed her dance number was the winning ticket.

"This stage could make me famous," Nongnuch said. "I want to be an actress, and this is a chance for me to show off my abilities."

The Jumbo Queen event was staged at the Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, 25 miles west of Bangkok, as part of the zoo's annual Jumbo Banquet elephant feast.

The winners were judged not only by their weight but also by their performances in talent contests and questions thrown at them by the hosts - Ornapa Krisadee, Thailand's leading transvestite actress and make up artist, and Tanongsak Supagam, a male actor.

All contestants performed dances to Western pop and rock music as their talent display.

Previous Jumbo Queens have gone onto local fame, acting in soap operas and performing in music videos.

Arunothai Kanjanasatit, 25 and 232 pounds, who failed to win anything last year, was the runner-up this time, winning a cash prize of $715.

"I tried to be more careful this year. I gained some weight, too," Arunothai said. "I want to stay the weight I am now because if I were skinny, I might not look as fresh and bright as I do now."

Most of the women looked at the pageant as a way to make fat friends. They say these new friends understand the difficulties they may face in society and additionally make ideal shopping partners for the extra-extra-large sizes.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Perennial geraniums sound really, really scary
Oh, Sugar, you don't know the half of it! I'm also having the same problem w/ some Verbascum and Linaria that I actually started from seeds a couple years ago. They start out slow, but once they get going, they take over. Kind of like Kudzu in the south. Well, not that bad. http://www.cptr.ua.edu/kudzu/

Don't you all find it pathetic that I look forward to Bunco so much? Does that tell you how fascinating my life is? My sister has a friend who goes to "Goddess parties", which is a bunch of women getting together once a month and eating food, and drinking wine. Which is kind of Bunco, but without the dice.

Bagzie, are you hitting the margies already?

Old 05-02-2003, 11:01 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Gosh, thanks for all the hugs and good vibes. And I do like the image of this herd prancing about in the posies. I had a day out today, which was a lovely relief from being cooped up in this dump. Went to the "big city" (i.e. in the other direction from New Sweden ), had my retina Dr. followup, everything looks good. Got a whopping giant bill that insurance will only cover part of, but went to skinny dietitian friend's house, got dog kisses (from friend's dog, not from friend- BE NICE), went out to lunch and then to the cheap movies: $3 to see.....drum roll, please............CHICAGO!! . It was fun, fun, fun. Then I drove home and went out to Friday beer night. Feel much better now, thank you.

Isn't that wild (in a horrible way) about the arsenic poisoning? They say that the people who are still in the hospital will probably suffer a lot of long term health consequences from it. You know what I think? I think some nasty kids found the stuff and thought they'd play a prank, not knowing they could kill people with it. Of course it could have been deliberate, but nobody has come up with any suspects or motives, so my theory's as good as any. Certainly better than the one I heard on the radio today -- someone thought maybe it was "a hate crime against Christians". Oh brother. Because Christians are such a persecuted minority in this country, right?
Poisoning the coffee does freak me out personally. I drink coffee just about everywhere I go -- I had a cup at the eye doctor's office today. Eek.

Guess who I know who lives in that town? Remember Muse-Touched Mary? She lived in Washington (state), and had a friend who moved to New Sweden, and she put her onto me. I think her name is Sonya, I have her ICQ # and I've gotten messages from her a few times. She had a pile of kids and had twin babies after she moved there. That place is pretty isolated. Wow, I just looked at my ICQ history, and the last time I ICQ'd her was 5 years ago, just after her twins were born.

A manicure and a pedicure -- sounds like heaven. That's interesting about the
geraniums -- I didn't know they were invasive like that -- that must be why people grow them in pots and barrels so often. We had some growing in some nice rustic half-barrels when we moved here, but we killed them. We killed the strawberries and probably the rhubarb by now, too. A green thumb I do not have...

However I am good at playing with colors on here.

Kiwi
Old 05-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

[COLOR=darkblue]I can see Muse Touched spiking some coffee. But I agree with you, Kiwi, kids would do something like that. Too bad it wasn't just good old LSD. They could have seen God.

Wabby, I don't know why you think it is sad to look forward to Bunco. I WANT a Bunco night. It sounds like so much fun.

Bagz, I want to enter a fat girls' pageant I'm sure I'd win bathing suit. Does everyone remember that I have a pool and must entertain in a bathing suit a month from today???????. I want fatness to come back into style. I'm sick of counting points already. I don't want to come to an acceptance of my chunkiness. That is too depressing. Also, I'm so tired. When is my post-menopausal zest going to kick in?

Sugar, it sounds like you're really losing...I'm so impressed..and jealous.

Poor DD got her hand slammed in the car door today. She still went out tonight. Now I feel like a bad mother for letting her go. What if her hand turns out to be broken...though it showed no signs.

I'm showing my son the smiles.....
Old 05-03-2003, 09:30 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Just for y'alles information, I'm weighing a little more than 140 and feeling firmer.

This is what I did in case you wanna know:
  • Gave up sugar (but I am not fanatic reading labels)
  • Gave up bread
  • Gave up noodles and rice which wasn't hard
  • Exercised

Isn't that amazing? I don't know why I'm doing it. It's not like I have anybody making eyes at me.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:13 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches

Isn't that amazing? I don't know why I'm doing it. It's not like I have anybody making eyes at me.
That's what you think, Peachy! Why, the next man could be right around the corner, so it pays to be prepared. You'll just be radiating health and firmness.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:35 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

y'alles? Is that French?

My shoulder is killing me. That's because I'm using the bad chair.

We actually spent several hours yesterday cleaning up the porch. DH's smoking porch (too bad there's no smiley for barf). Fortunately we were able to take stuff outdoors and sort it. We still have much more to do of course. But it's nice to work outside this time of year -- finally warm enough but no bugs yet (wait a few days)

My DD is getting search hits on her diary site for some very odd searches: sock fetish gay and grampa gay
How creepy is that? Of course, she's the one that keeps saying gay and sock fetish in her diary...

I have nothing to say. I don't even know why I'm posting.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-04-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #15  
fatter than U

Talking I must be really bored

Because I enjoyed your post, Kiwi! Sock fetish: it boggles the mind.

Spent the day fiddling around in the garden and will probabyl spend the rest of the evening fiddling around online. The internet is sooooooooo boring sometimes.

Are you at Bunco now, Wabby? I'm envious.
Closed Thread