Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - I love the commercial where the giant Irish Wolfhound welcomes the soldier mom home. It's so adorable, touching and heartwarming! Luckily, Santa only weighs 21 pounds so even when he lays on my chest, he's not too heavy. The dog park actually has 4 gates - a double-gated entrance and a double-gated exit, so people coming in can come in the outer entrance gate, take the dog off leash and then open the inner entrance gate. And the exit is similar. I've just seen Santa sneak into the gated exit area with dog owners and their dogs, and then the dog owners can't open the outer exit gate until they can get Santa out of there. He's such an adorable pain in the rear sometimes.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I had a bunch of overtime on this pay check and I almost fell out when I saw how much fica and medicare was held out of my check. And this was my excuse for telling my neighbor that I could not afford to pay her any more. I'd been expecting that she was not cleaning the whole house and I found that out today. She didn't use any cleaning products at all just hot water. She only mopped the floors in the kitchen. She did okay on the bedrooms and living room. I'll re clean the bath room and kitchen later.
Don't know what happened in the bathroom but the floor looked like something over flowed or she spilled a bucket of water. I took a towel to finish drying the floor. I watched the washer as it drained to see if the sewer may have backed up, but no it did as it was supposed to. I did find however that small leak. It's on the faucet connected to the hose on the washer.
Can't decide whether to go to Paragould in the morning. I'm really getting tired of going.
I got a bit of deep cleaning done last night and early this morning. Still need to do some more.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I am home and rested. It's freaking hot.

I did try and post from the airport yesterday but for some reason lost the post. That seems to happen most often when I don't use the mouse, just that screen thingy on the laptop. Lesson of the day. Take the mouse with you.

I'm off out shortly to pick up some fruit and veg and a few other bits and pieces which will make life interesting. I'd better get hold of some of the family too. Niece is about to give birth to my next great-niece. Due 21st Jan I think although I think the niece is saying things like anytime now will be okay.

There is plenty to do outside but it is far to hot to do anything. There is a breeze picking up but its hot and dry too. Yesterday when I walked in the house at 7.00pm it was 36 in the lounge room. Today is heading north of that but maybe I shouldn't complain because out west of Sydney yesterday it was 43C - about 112F. There isn't any global warming! oh right there isn't - particularly when the $ gets involved.

Better go get myself organised and then get on with the day before it gets away from me. Back when it gets too hot to do anything else.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #124  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning My Besties.....3 am....not sleeping too much on my mind.

Dad.....my house...things to accomplish before he arrives...switch out the beds. Change the toitie. Buy tub and bed rails. Paint his room and bath.

My house...just getting all the things I need to accomplish before he arrives.

Dad's house....OMG...too much. Saving a few things for him. Switching out beds with my house. Buying him a new lift lazyboy. Toitie...blah blah blah...

Curtis's house....getting the remainder of his stupid daughter's crap out. Sis is going to clean it, we will pay her. It is a mess. Put on market.

Dad's house....clean it out, clean it up, put it on the market.

Work....I am point person, coordiinator....didn't even get asked if I would handle it....just TOLD me I was doing it. It is a mess also. We are going into a furnished place which means most of our stuff will be stored.

I am overwhelmed right now...cannot sleep...too much on my mind. Decided I would try to write everything down for each location....sat looking at a blank page and stressing. I know, stupid. Suppose I should give it up to the Lord and hope for the best....most would not understand that.

Ok..done with the whoa is me...moving on...maybe...

Thnks for listening.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #125  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

QUIET DAY YESTERDAY.
WAS IN THE OFFICE & OUT AGAIN IN 5 MINUTES OR LESS.
NO ONE WAS THERE YET SO I DUMPED STUFF & LEFT.
SPOKE TO 2 PEEPS OUT IN THE LOBBY.
SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SICK AND A FEW SENIORS.
NOT SURE WHATS GOING AROUND.TOO MANY FLUS & VIRUSES.
PEOPLE DYING ALL OVER THE PLACE
JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!
TODAY'S TEMPS SHOULD HIT 55 DEGREES.
TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE 60 DEGREES!
A GERMOPHOBIC'S NIGHTMARE RIGHT NOW!!!
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

HAPPY~ POOR DH CAN'T SEEM TO GET A BREAK
I CRACKED UP WITH DH SNORING....ER....I MEANT SINGING.
LET ME KNOW IF HE PLANS ON MAKING A RECORDING
YOUR WHOLE POST IS MAKING ME LAUGH.
I AM ALREADY THE GOD-MOTHER OF THE BLDG.
ALL I NEED IS A BIG RING!!
THERE IS A MAN THAT CALLS ME MOTHER.
WHEN SOMEONE NEEDS HELP GEORGE TELLS THEM TO SEE MOTHER MEL.
MAYBE I NEED A BLACK VEIL AND CARRY A BIBLE???
NOW I AM MAKING MYSELF LAUGH.
HOPE THE WEATHER DOESN'T GET TOO NASTY TO GET TO WORK.
PS: I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE THE CHAIR GUYS THE ONE I HAVE WITH THE FLAT TIRE!!! ROFLMAO
WONDER IF THEY WOULD NOTICE THAT???

MICHELLE....HOPE THE DR CAN GET YOU BACK TO 100%
RAINY WEATHER IS THE PITS RIGHT NOW FOR YOU.
I NEED TO RUN AROUND IN THE DOGGIE PARK WITH SANTA!
I COULD USE A GOOD AIRING OUT AND SOME SUN!!

THE SENIORS: THEY NEED THINGS ORDERED, new BATTERIES FOR EVERYTHING, MY TV DOESN'T WORK, I BLEW A "FUSE", (we have cuircuit breakers...lol), MY RECLINER CHAIR STOPPED WORKING, I LOST MY KEYS, I CAN'T BUTTON THIS DRESS AND MY FAMILY IS COMING, SOMEONE'S DOG CHIT IN THE ELEVATOR. I COULD TELL YOU A GAZILLION THINGS THEY NEED.
SENIORS ARE MORE NEEDY THAN 5 YEAR OLDS!!

LAURA...HAD A LAUGH AT COAL OWNING THE CENTER FLOOR!
CARACKED ME UP. MY CHAIRS WON ALL THE CORNERS OF MY LIVING ROOM.HA!!
SOMEONE ELSE COOKING & RIBS??? DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER.
HOPE THE BODY FEELS BETTER TODAY.
AND ONE LAST

ANNIE....I FEEL YOUR NEED FOR A GETAWAY!!!
SORRY ABOUT THE JOB AND HOPE IT WORKS OUT.
GOOD IDEA ABOUT FIXING DAD'S ROOMS BEFORE HE GETS THERE. EMPTY IS BETTER!!!
WISH I COULD GIVE YOU MORE THAN A CYBER HUG FOR EVERYTHING.
SO...SASSY LEFT YOU A LITTLE PRESENT IN THE BED??
I ALMOST PEE'D MY PANTS BECAUSE OF THAT
SVEN WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH THE MASSAGE OILS.....

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE DEDUCTIONS!
THAT HAS TO HUR FOR SURE.
PEOPLE DOPWNSTAIRS YESTERDAY WERE FURIOUS OVER THAT TOO.
I AM GLAD YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON TO GET RID OF THAT WOMAN.
NOT NICE WHEN YOU PAY SOMEONE AND THEY DON'T DO IT RIGHT.
HOPE YOU FIND NO LEAKS & IT WAS JUST HER MAKING THE WATER MESS.
STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
GET A REST. CAN PARAGOULD WAIT???

SHAD......HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS PROGRESSING NICELY
ANOTHER BABY???? OMG HOW WONDERFUL
WISHING HER LUCK AND AN EASY DELIVERY.
SEND THE FRASSING HEAT HERE!!
ALTHOUGH IT'S PLAYING HAVOIC WITH OUR FLU SEASON.
THERE WAS A STORY ON TV ABOUT THE WEATHER CHANGES JUST HERE IN THE STATES.
IT WAS SCARY TO SAY THE LEAST.
THEN THEY TALKED ABOUT AUSTRALIA.
OUR POLITICIANS HAVE THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND OVER THIS ONE.
MAYBE WHEN THE POLOR BEARS COME MARCHING DOWN THE COAST LOOKING FOR SNOW THEY WILL THINK TWICE

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-12-2013 at 06:56 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #126  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...glad you are getting some relief from the seniors...i.e. getting reports downstairs before anyone can hit you up!

Talked with my brothers and now I am on MY time schedule on moving dad in. When all my stuff is completed we will move forward. Hopefully, I can get him in here within a month. Since we only have Sunday's to work with it will take a bit more time.

SHADDIE...I saw on the news the red sand storm in Onslow. It looked huge and scary, but oh so beautiful! You are getting a hot mess of crap and we are getting a cold mess of crap!

Today is supposed to be 60, but rain. We are now under a flood watch due to the melting snow (of which is all gone in my neck of the woods) and the additional rain.

Sassy is quite the turd. C took the shammed pillow off the bed and surprise...a dried up turd from yesterday's incident. She is definitely skating on VERY thin ice.

Made bake seasoned pork chops that could be cut with a fork...broccoli cheese rice and sauteed mushrooms for dinners. C said he was in heaven. Well yeah dude, you live with me. hahah.

Not only am I stressed, I feel like a undesireable fat cow. My attitude is very sucky right now.

Gotta get going.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #127  

Annie - What a lot you have on your plate! Yep, we need Sven (or is it Igor?) making the rounds with tropical drinks and massages, and maybe he needs to stay in your neck of the woods for a bit longer to get you through all the moves!
Dinner sure sounded yummy.

Mel - yeh, nice to come home to the smell of dinner in the oven! Muscle soreness is gone now, just the usual aches & pains are left, lol. Glad you had the stealth office visit, and may your weekend be quiet. From that list, it sounds like you could forever be helping out the seniors!! Make yourself scarce!

Ceejay - Well, the extra deductions certainly aren't welcome, but at least it gives you an excuse to terminate the questionable cleaning services provided by that woman. Enjoy your weekend.

Shad - Congrats in advance to your niece - hope the birth goes smoothly & the little one is perfect in every way.

Michelle - Ah, separate entrance & exit gates are a very smart idea. I'm sure all the dog park regulars will get to know Santa if they haven't already, lol.

Hellos to the lurkers!

Off I go, busy day ahead!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #128  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

argggggghh - just lost 25 minutes of posting.

Ok, it's icy and horrid here. First we got rain on top of matted snow that quickly turned to ice underneath. If ice is bad, then rain on top of ice is worse. Now the temps are dropping and it's all freezing into a lumpy, nasty mess. Winds are kicking up too. It's bad out and I have to go to work although if we slide on the hill, we're turning around and going back home.

Annie, when I saw your 3am FB post I knew something was up. Having to deal with any ONE of the situtations you are facing is bad enough, much less having to deal with 3 houses, 3 moves and a pooping puppy. First I would give it up to God and calm yourself down. (I TOTALLY get that one and highly advise it). Then prioritize and do what needs to be done most. Let Sissy toss out C'sDD junk - it's good she is doing the cleaning - no emotional attachment to anything in there. I'm sure you want to make it easiest on Dad but you can also make modificiations to the house once he gets in and settled. Cleaning up his house will be difficult - see emotional attachments I will highly recommend grab bars in the bath. My Mom has the traditional one on the long back facing wall but they also installed a vertical-up & down one on the short wall with the faucets. It REALLY helps getting out of the tub. I was so impressed I asked DH to put one in for me. I think that will help him alot as he can also hang on to it while drying off once out. I have no advice for Sassy's issue as I am not a dog owner, but going on your bed as opposed to the carpet inside the door or on the kitchen tile would indicate a bigger personal statement I would think. Just relax, breathe and all in good time. Realize too that this stress will also make you feel not at your best. And while you are at it, how do you make fork tender pork chops? Mine are dry.

Ceejay - that crazy woman is playing you like a violin. Give her the boot. And go count your valuables.

Mel - I am starting to cringe when I see some - but not all - seniors approaching me. I can't imagine you living with the petty nonsense day in and out. They get soooo fixated on things. Smart of you to drop and run. Taking care of business never meant you had to have a constant presence. Love the bunny pic today.

Shad - stay cool. Or try to. I imagine the heat coupled with the humidity must be horrid. As well as the bugs.

Laura - have a good weekend out there.

Michelle - get yourself some rest this weekend and dry up those lungs. I had to smile at Santa running off with the other doggies. Just like a kid

Lots of clunking noises going on outside. I think the winds are rather gusty. Got a feeling it's going to be a lost day today. And I just know the store will be COLD. The upstairs tenant controls the heat and even though they have a little toddler, I think they sleep in so it takes until lunchtime before I start to warm up. Guess I will pack some tea and my biggest mug. Have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning worldies...just sneaking back here from Golden Chicks to thank you all for your prayers and that Happy's DH should know it is worthwhile to have the procedure done. The elephant I didn't know was sitting on my chest is gone. My BP is 115/72 and pulse is 72 this morning. It was scary but I would easily do it again. k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

Karen, so glad you had a success with surgery. Prayers do work....

HAPPY...I do run my chops under water then dip in light breading of your choice. Spray Pam in the bottom of a baking pan, place chops, then here is the bad part. Put a pat of butter on top of each chop. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 400 for at least 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake another 10 or 15 mins. It really depends on how thick your chops are as to how long you bake them...Just don't over bake that causes them to be dry. The longest baking time should be under the foil. Uncovered is just to give them a little crunch. My chops were 1 1/2" thick got 5 of them for 6 bucks. On sale and couldn't believe my eyes. The thinner the chop you have to be careful on the baking time or they will be dry. I always set my timer to be sure on time, as I can't remember $hit.

LAURA...enjoy your Saturday...do something fun for me too!!

It is funny, I have so much going on and to do that I am doing nothing. Guess I need to get my heiny in gear instead of watching the Hallmark channel. Blah. I don't wanna.

Howdie everyone...
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #131  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...the beach and umbrella drinks look quite inviting. Sometimes I feel like I have bit off more than I can swallow whole. Forget the chewing. I have more magazines if you want them. Co=worker brought a few in to get rid of...you want them there?? Cannot wait till commune time, just hope we are not all too old to enjoy it and each other. Hugs
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Wow, you do have a lot on your plate right now. I'm glad you are resting.

Mel
Stay out of the office as much as possible. To many flu germs going around.

Happy
I'm glad I had the excuse of telling her about the social security hike. I will not be hiring her back.
You are most loyal to be going into work with all that ice. Be safe. I'm not too sure it will be worth the effort.. I'd be staying inside where it's warm.

Shad
Try to stay cool. And keep us posted on the arrival of the wee one.

Laura
What are you up to this week end?
--------------
Not much has happened since yesterday. My aunt called to see if I were coming this week end. I had the weather for an excuse. We are under a flash flood watch. We have had some rain but more is coming in later this afternoon. My other aunt who was sick with pneumonia is finally home but giving her family a rough time. She's very bossy.
I'm tired of keeping the road hot so to speak. I really don't want to go to Jonesboro Thursday to the doctor and if my blood work comes out good I'm going to go when needed.
Made Mexican chicken for lunch. Not sure what I'll have for next week. Need to be planning ahead on that also.
It's time to get back to my chores.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #133  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Mel - good onya for a straight in, straight out approach at the office. Wouldn't mind doing that to my office from time to time.
Hope you get to stay away from the health issues and such like. Death is somehow so permanent.

Annie - such a busy person. Seems that you need a down day and have C take you out on the lake so no one can get to you. Lists are a great idea. Keeps things on the straight and narrow and I find with a list to tick off as I go, I don't miss a lot. It seems to burn in to the brain when I write it down. I must ask - I thought your son was in the military. Has he moved out of there and is now in the plumbing trade? Guess I either misread or didn't read at all.
I'm sure you don't look like a fat, undesirable cow. This too shall pass when some of the planning falls into place.

Laura - I'm sure my niece will cope just as well with the 2nd as she did with the first one. She sure is an organiser that one.

Happy - funnily enough there is little humidity here at the moment and the bugs are burnt to smithereens. There is no 30++ sunscreen for bugs thank heaven. Humidity in Darwin is bad, but it isn't here. Just the heat. Into the 40s we go just like over there except our 40 is a bit different from your 40. Even the weeds haven't bothered to grow.
Hope the job goes okay and not too slowly, however I wonder why people might go out to buy popcorn in the dead of winter.

Karen3 - glad to hear that you have had a successful procedure and are feeling great. Nothing as good as feeling as if you could take on the world and win.

Ceejay - get rid of the cleaner - good idea. Pity you can't trust the neighbours and that they are only after you because you are the only one working and they think a free ride is a good idea. D'oh no it is not. Ceejay has grown a backbone and will do things her way.

Hello - to Michelle and Ellen.

It doesn't seem as hot today was, however it is getting warmer. No doubt it will be another scorcher. Please can we have a storm and some rain. I should mow the lawns but there really isn't enough there to get excited about. No doubt by the time the next leave comes around it will take me all day to do.
Might just go and do some filing and check for the accountant and my tax return. I did send the papers in some time back, but they seem to have got lost in the mail. Drat. Doing them once was bad enough. Twice is two times too many.
See ya. I'm posting before I lose the lot.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #134  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Ladies...yes been up most of the night. It has rained and thrunderstormed most of the night...Great sleeping weather, glad C is taking advantage of it as I am not. Now I look like a fat undesireable fat haggard cow with no sleep. Could it get any worse? LOL

SHADDIE...DS is now in the national guard, doing plumbing for a living. He is waiting on orders to be deployed, hopefully they will not come through. He had guard duty this weekend and is coming home after guard on Sunday afternoon. He was going to go full Army until he got hooked up with Kristin, priorities changed. lol. Unfortunately I do not have my head in the right place to even write down the lists....C is home tomorrow and is going to help me get my act together...he should, he is part of my head mess with his house.

CEEG...sometimes I too feel like I do all the driving to visit and take care of things. Burning up the road rubber. Great you recognize it and are taking the right steps...xo

I need to quit b*tching and thinking only of myself. How selfish can I be? New day, no sleep, better attitude. Remind me I said that in a few days.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #135  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THE WEATHERMEN NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
IT'S NOT BEEN ANYTHING LIKE THEY SAID.
LAST NIGHT ONE EVEN ADMITTED "IT'S BEEN SLOW GETTING HERE".
WTF!!! NOT NEAR 6O AND ALSO WHERE IS THE FRASSING SUNSHINE!!?!?!
I'M NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE UNTIL JUNE. THAT SETTLES IT!

NOTHING HAPPENED HERE THAT WAS VERY EXCITING.
QUIET DAY & A NIGHT WITH NO ALARMS.
I THINK EVERYONE IS SLEEPING WITH THIS DRAB WEATHER.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE....NO SUCKY ATTITUDES ALLOWED THIS MONTH.
WE NEED TO PUSH FORWARD SO WE CAN GET OUT OF WINTER!!
SORRY THINGS ARE SO "PILED UP" RIGHT NOW.
THINK BETTER TIMES ARE COMING.
C IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS HIS PERSONAL CHEF!!'
POOR SASSY BETTER PUT ON A RAINCOAT IF THE ICE IS SO THIN!!!
STAY STRONG SISTA!! WISH WE COULD HELP.
I LOVE SLEEPING IN STORMS. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T.
SEND THE MAGS IF IT'S NOT COSTING YOU ANYTHING.
IF YES THEN DON'T!!! SENDING ANOTHER HUG

LAURA....GLAD THE BODY FEELS OK.
I LOVE WHEN RICHIE COOKS.
THEY CALL AND BRING IT DOWN ON A PLATE
HOPE YOUR BUSY DAY WENT WELL.
PS: I DIDN'T PUT ALL THE "STINKY" THINGS THE SENIORS NEED HELP WITH.
TOO DISTRESSSING!!!
THAT LIST IS ENDLESS.

HAPPY....I THOUGHT OF YOUR BUNNIES WHEN I SAW THAT PIC.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ROAD CONDITIONS!!
STAY SAFE MY NORTHERN SISTER AND BE CAREFUL.
GOOD ADVICE TO OUR ANNIE. BABY STEPS AND BREATHE!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

KAREN3...GLAD YOU DID FINE AND ARE HOME HAPPY

CEEJAY....MEXICAN CHICKEN AND LESS ROAD TRIPS!!
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO ME.
HOPE THE CHICKEN WAS GOOD
HOPE THE RELATIVES FEEL BETTER.
BOSSY AUNT?? SEND HER HERE....WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM!"rofl:
I SAW TORNADO WATCHING ALL OVER YOUR STATE LAST NIGHT.
THE MAP LOOKED LIKE A FRASSING CHRISTMAS TREE!!
STAY SAFE

SHAD....YES DEATH IS JUST TOO PERMANENT FOR ME
I STILL DIDN'T TELL JEN ABOUT INSURANCE PAPERS!! ROFLMAO
HOPE THE JOB GOES WELL THIS WEEK.
WISH I COULD SHARE THIS RAIN WITH YIOUR WHOLE COUNTRY!!
I THINK WE'VE HAD YOUR RAIN AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSES
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote