Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I think I've done really good today.

Today's food (approximately 1300 calories):

Breakfast: Protein Shake
Lunch: Two lean hamburger patties & cooked cabbage
Snack: Greek Yogurt
Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken Leg and Thigh, Salad, Hummus with cherry tomatoes and baby carrots.

I also went to the store tonight (Costco) and didn't buy anything I shouldn't have - even read the labels, lol. No exercise today, unless you count the hour and a half I wandered around the Costco store.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #47  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Good morning my lovelies ! Lovely to see so many people positive and ready for the challenges that weightless brings.
Rennie and MamaP the best advice anyone can give you is take it one step at a time. We are human and will make mistakes, we will have struggles both physically and mentally. I found the mental struggles really tough, as I was not expecting the emotional side of weightloss to be so complex. But that's where 3FC helped immensely. I wish you strength, courage and a huge whoosh !!

Ona - I don't manage the gym daily, but go 4 times a week. I love it!! Sometimes I don't want to go, but once I'm in and blasting it's great. It energises not only my body but my mind as well However yesterday I tried to do a squat carrying the 145lbs I lost. I nearly wept at how heavy it was, and was mentally pole-axed for a while after. Today I am sore !! Such a sobering thing to do, and yet another reason to add to the list of 100's, why I don't ever want to put the weight back on.

Dangerouscurves onederland!

Steph - yes I have started the book. I am making slow progress, but one day I will get there. Nice that you remembered Sometimes it bowls me over how long the journey was, and how far ahed the road is.

I am certain that the only way to maintain is to eat the way I did when losing. I have discovered some great recipes. Look up the Hairy dieters. The recipes come from two chefs who were both very overweight, and who decided they could lose weight by re-inventing yummy foods and making them carb and calorie friendly. I tried their lasagne, using leeks as pasta sheets. It was awesome and only about 300 calories for a hefty portion. Last night we had spicy chicken. Again a filling and try tasty meal for around 300 calories.

The weather here is dull and depressing. I have chores to do, so see you all later. Have a really positive and fun filled day
Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #48  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kim , I honestly don't know what to say. You have truly been through a ton and all of that is a lot to bear. Kris has been through a ton in the past year also. My hat is off to the two of you for still standing strong even though you may not see your STRENGTHS I do.

Kim I'm sorry that you aren't able to find employment in your field but prayerfully going back to school will help and Congratulations to you for doing it. Your schedule is crazy and you are so right it is much easier to just pick up something (quick and easy) but planning is hard even for me and I have time to do it. My eating habits have gotten so out of hand that I really don't want anything that is good for me. It wasn't until I started up again with 3FC a few days ago that I realized how out of control I am. Last night I actually went to bed because my son fixed pancakes and the smell was making me angry. Crazy huh! I felt like he was purposely torturing me and he wasn't but I wanted them that bad. (smh)

ok enough of that ... I'm glad you're back on 3FC and I'm happy that you joined us :hug

Kris you did have a great day. And yes I would count Costco as exercise. You may be just browsing but you are still moving I want to try the protein shakes again but since I'm low carb'ing it I'll have to check all the labels first.

Sam thank you I needed to hear that Mentally it is driving me nuts. I want to go places but I am so afraid of temptation it's crazy. Wow on doing that squat. Thanks for mentioning the Hairy Dieters I need all the help I can get Oh and I can't wait to buy your book, looking forward to it

I got up this morning .2 down to 195.4 a smidgen of water. I know I've got to do some type of exercise if I ever plan to move my ticker otherwise I'm just maintaining which is not good and will cause me to quit again.
I woke up hungry so I made the omelet again. Something wasn't right it didn't taste the same. It kind of made me gag. I ate half of it and a half of a grapefruit with 2.5 cups of water. I have to go grocery shopping but I first need to clean out the fridge of all the crap that is in there plus the left overs

Ona, Steph, Lakiand Joy ... hope your day is going well thus far

I hope you all have a P.O.P. day
Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #49  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Kim , I honestly don't know what to say. You have truly been through a ton and all of that is a lot to bear. Kris has been through a ton in the past year also. My hat is off to the two of you for still standing strong even though you may not see your STRENGTHS I do.

Kris you did have a great day. And yes I would count Costco as exercise. You may be just browsing but you are still moving I want to try the protein shakes again but since I'm low carb'ing it I'll have to check all the labels first.

Thank you for your kinds words but I'm not so sure I would say I'm "standing strong" . . . standing maybe, but not so sure about the strong but I'm gonna get there.

I make my own protein shakes because I want high protein low carb. Slimfast has a low carb shake, but they are expensive and offer no real variety. I use Optimum Nutrtition Gold Standard Protein Powder (expensive at first, but lasts a long time). It has 24 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs, 120 calories. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk and that only adds 2 grams of carbs and 40 calories. Sometimes I use frozen fruit (in vanilla powder), sometimes I use instant coffee granules & ice with the chocolate powder for a mocha shake. I have also learned that you can use sugar free jello pudding mix (or even sometimes SF jello mix) to change up the flavors. A vanilla shake with strawberries and a little bit of cheesecake jello mix makes a great shake. It doesn't take much to change up the flavor - I don't really measure, just kind of sprinkle it in.

Well, I better get moving. I have a lot to do today. It will be a test since I'm not tied to my office at work and will be out running errands. I hope everyone has a great day. I will try to come back tonight for personals - baby steps, baby steps.

January WI:

02: TOM
03: 243.2 - TOM
04: 244.2 - TOM
05: 242.8

Last edited by MamaP; 01-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #50  
~Rennie

Kris as I am often told we are our own worst enemy. As long as you are still functioning through the days and moving about, you are strong. You haven't given up even though you, (we) I may have wanted to give up, we didn't. I had some major issues going on last year and honestly I thought more times than a few about getting in my vehicle and going and going until the gas ran out. But what would I do then? I have 4 school aged children that count on me. My church looked for me to serve. The kids school looked for me to be there 3 days a week. (this is when I was still in the NOVA area) So yes I do believe that you are standing strong and I am right here with you

Great job on your 1.4lbs down today, wtg

.... I love the sound and flavors of your protein shake ... I just bought the same powder I used before when on 3FC but yours has mine beat. I got Body Fortress whey protein from Walmart. It makes about 25 shakes if I use one scoop servings, but it has 7g carbohydrate, double plus what yours has it does have 26 grams of protein so that's a plus, oh and 140 calories. Now I have to work on the fiber part. I'm gonna make a list of the goodies you add and I'll get them next time. I don't like almonds does almond milk taste like nuts? I wonder if soy milk has less carbs, I do like that. Do you put just a spoon of coffee in it? Does it grind up well? Also what kind of chocolate powder do you use? I only know of NesQuik, I love that stuff Thanks Kris you've given me something to smile about and look forward to food wise. Oh my son and I (a tip we got from Kukkie) add spinach to our smoothies it doesn't change any of the flavor just the color. It looks like green puke or poo

My son made me the best stir fry tonight and I am full. It's the first time I have had stir fry and no rice or pasta. Pretty boring but still good My calories are low again but I'm full so I do believe it alright, I hope.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #51  
I Will do this....

Checking in to say hi been to the gym. Sweated buckets, which I like as it makes me feel virtuous !! Have had some good days on plan since the excesses of Christmas and the New year. Sadly succumbed to two oatcakes and cheese and pickle at midnight last night. Don't know why - perhaps it was my last hurrah for a while? Seems that I was hungry still and needed a carb snack. I find the excessive cardio sessions do that to me. However, keep moving on.
I have discovered miracle noodles- they are calorie,carb and fat free. Some people hate the flavour as there is a slightly fishy smell to them, but I find rinsing well before cooking cures this. For me they are a fab alternative to real pasta and have helped me immensely. I keep trying to find alternatives to carb loaded dishes, and have quite the repertoire now Perhaps I should include these in my book?
Came back from the gym and hoovered and washed all the floors downstairs in my house. This took over an hour, so I'm counting this as exercise
Was congratulated by the man at the gym for my work today- made me feel really pleased. Funny though, I've never mentioned my weightloss there. I am sure they look at me and think "Boy she could do with toning" but I smile and think if only they knew! It's a powerful force to be reckoned with.
DD comes with me to the gym. She is skinny, but suffers from a belly and thighs, caused mostly by typical teenager food. She has recently become more body conscious and has enjoyed eating my food. Now, if I could just get my DH and DS to join in, life would be peachy.
A few months ago I started taking a supplement called 5HTP - it is a natural pre-cursor for seratonin - the feel good vitamin. I'm not sure whether I should credit this, or the gym, or a combination of both for not suffering so badly with SAD this year. Whatever it is, I'll take it ! Days are grey and depressing here in Belgium for the next three and the previous three months. It is difficult to keep an even mood when you don't ever get any light, so I'll take any positive mood surge I can get.
We are planning another holiday to Florida this year. We had such an awesome time last year, and I discovered a liking for so many stores I would never have been into before. I also began the gym whilst there, so am thankful we will return to the same place and I can keep up with the exercise whilst there. We also jet skied and parasailed - it was awesome and for the first time in my life I didn't worry about whether I was too big to do the things I wanted to do. Hurray
Warm and positive wishes to you all today - feels like a good one x
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #52  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

January WI:

02: TOM
03: 243.2 - TOM
04: 244.2 - TOM
05: 242.8
06: 241.8
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #53  
~Rennie

Sam I can here your energy in your post. I remember someone talking about those noodles two years ago. I thought I would try them then but never got around to it. Not sure if it's because I couldn't find them here or not. Do they taste like pasta, minus the fish smell? What do you eat them with?

Kris look at you go good job on the pound down

I got up early weighed the same as yesterday 195.4. Not complaining but I would love to see that scale move even .2. I so want to see the 180's I guess I should make that my first goal.

I hope everyone is having a P.O.P. day so far see you later hopefully. Please don't get quite on me
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #54  
I Will do this....

Rennie- I use the miracle noodles the way I would any pasta. You can rder them online - I have mine delivered from the Netherlands. But I know you can have them delivered anywhere in the US. Definitely worth a try
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #55  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Hay Everybody

Sam and Rennie,I tried the noodles(shirataki) once.I didn't cook them right or something but saw them In a magazine the other day,checked on the IE how to prepare them properly and I'm hooked
Making shrimp fettuccine alfredo for dinner made them yesterday w/lean hamburger and it was like spagetti and paste

Sam,I'm always hungry after working out too.With me since I had so much too lose..people at the gym know when they see lose skin or something But since I've been going regular for a year,I'm toning up nicely but There's Just so much toning up my arms and stomach will do.
I checked into having some skin removed but got scared when I started hearing bad stories about that.
When I started at the gym I was ashame cause i was so flabby and some of those girls bodies were so tight but now I'm geting tight too That's great you and DD go to the gym together for sure a motivator! glad the 5HTP is working.

Great WI MamaP you're working it out anddoing great.

Hay Rennie,you're doing great! not gaining,starting to watch what you're eating,good frame of mind about food is comming back...you're on your way. it just takes time.
What helps me is focusing on what I eat more than what the scale says.concentrating on making sure I eat healthy,not too much and to always be prepared everyday helps. when I know I've had a good eating day,sometimes I don't care what the scale says cause I know how I ate the day before and it will show soon.
Your dinner sounded good the other day w/the brussel sprouts.I've found that when I load up on my veggies first,I get full and then won't over eat.Rennie I got My noodles from Publix.I'm sure any whole foods store would have them
No I can't make the Black bean Brownies any more cause I have no control.I make a pound Cake in a mug now and that's something that I can control.I've been trying(always looking for)a lot of recipes from different places.It seems to help keep this new lifestyle interesting and doable.

As for me..I had a good Whoosh yesterday! WI @ 157.0 major pooping haven't exercised in 2 days,..going hard for 5 Is enough I think for now.Just tired.felt like a cold was coming on too so..No WI today,Church early throws off my schedule.Will push for the gym In the morning.Will change my ticker soon,Just couldn't believe I WI @ 157.0 yesterday.

Last edited by OnaMi; 01-06-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #56  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Ona, nice whoosh. And it's great that all your hard work at the gym is paying off. I've noticed some tightening up in my arms, too, which I didn't expect given my age.

starbrite, I was just reading about that 5HTP stuff. Maybe I'll give it a try. I know part of the reason I overeat is because it hits those reward centers in my brain, so maybe this could be an alternative.

MamaP, good progress!

Rennie, hang in there. Stick to your plan and you'll get those results.

I didn't do well yesterday, just overate for no particular reason. But today has been really good, and I did 60 minutes with Leslie Sansone. My heart rate monitor said I burned 450 calories - nice!

Let's make it a good week!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #57  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Great burn there Steph you got back on track today and that's what''s Important Hope you enjoyed the time w/your friends.Thank you Great job on your arms .yeah.. age ain't nothing but a number You weren't as heavy as me in the first place,I have really bat wings. can get in a size 8 dress but still..all the loose skin...sigh..as long as I wear long sleeves or quarter length,people wouldn't know I was ever over weight.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #58  
NewMe160

S/C/G: 260/209.8/160

just joined! i will be posting my info here too...following the LA weightloss program. i really need the support and accountability.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #59  
~Rennie

Thanks Sam, I truly want to give them a try

Ona that does sound delicious I read about your pound cake in a mug, sounds delicious also. I think when I do add breads, rice and pasta back in I'm going to TRY to avoid sweets. I didn't get much movement in yesterday exercise wise like I had said I wanted to other than grocery shopping which takes a while because the cart truly is not big enough so I have to put the first load in the van and go back into the store. But like I told Kris it was movement and it took me a few hours. I love Aldi except for the bagging part this lady called me weird because she said she had never seen anyone organize their food the way I did to put it in bags and away and then load it in the van the way I did. She said her house isn't even that organized. I told her, I guess I should say thank you as that was a compliment Off topic I know

Ona on your 3lb whoosh it is 3 right or more? Wow a size 8, you go Girl

Sam and Ona what is 5HTP?

Thanks Steph ... and nice burn I kind of feel like I overate today but I actually didn't. I snacked on grapes and cheese. But my sodium today was crazy thanks to a lot of processed foods, bad I know. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. calories are still low.

Hi NewMe160 How do you like LA Weight Loss? How long have you been on the plan?

Today was a pat myself on the back day. I didn't eat any cake or ice cream with the kids and when the icing got on my hand I quickly wiped it off with a paper towel and if I could still feel it I washed my hands. That sweet smell was great, ahhhh. I had to close the cake up at one point to keep from drowling .

Anybody have any remedies for too much sodium ... any special thing I can do before bed to reduce the water bloat that will surely show in the a.m.

ETA: today's calories were actually 1202 with 122 in carbs I know ... the sodium is even worse at 3451 ... no more Gorton's shrimp for me

Last edited by love2b150; 01-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #60  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Sorry this is just a swing through...

I'm super tired right now, but wanted to make sure I said HI!!! I'm still here!

I'll try to get to personals tomorrow night!

I was down 6.8lbs. at my first weigh in, so I'm feeling pretty good right now!
Closed Thread